Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:20:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... 764 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA  (Read 1471700 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
allwelder
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 11:05:58 PM

Just Do it!

How long about the extra work it will take? Smiley

Several days, but they fit into beta testing period and won't delay the release. The question is about doing that last moment change or not.
If it's good for IOTA long term secure running,I did not see the reason why not do it.
 Smiley

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lovely89

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 11:09:03 PM

Please.

Enough of the enigmatic monosyllabic replies

I propose that we launch immediately and push improvements into future forks. Can we rock the genesis or not?

I believe the ICO literature proposed a launch post xmas (2015)? Or am I once more mistaken?

No more delays. You have had plenty of time to prepare and you raised nearly $500,000 so can finish your masterpiece as we go. savvy?

FUCK IT. IM RIGHT.

I thought we couldn't do the release without beta testing but if you and the others insist... I don't mind.

As an IOTA holder, I want it released when it is ready. If the lead developer (?) CFB thinks we need beta testing (as is standard for any software ever in history) then I want it done. If he wants to make a change pre-release that will improve the overall product (and can't be hard forked?) then it should be done without a doubt.

Personally, I think having the mainnet also running as the current beta testing on initial launch if FUCKING ridiculous. Child_harold's personal agenda's are his business. It's unfortunate that IOTA isn't slotting into his plan but that's the reality of software development (delays and missed deadlines).

Bitrated user: vanlovely.
child_harold

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 11:16:59 PM

Please.

Enough of the enigmatic monosyllabic replies

I propose that we launch immediately and push improvements into future forks. Can we rock the genesis or not?

I believe the ICO literature proposed a launch post xmas (2015)? Or am I once more mistaken?

No more delays. You have had plenty of time to prepare and you raised nearly $500,000 so can finish your masterpiece as we go. savvy?

FUCK IT. IM RIGHT.

I thought we couldn't do the release without beta testing but if you and the others insist... I don't mind.

As an IOTA holder, I want it released when it is ready. If the lead developer (?) CFB thinks we need beta testing (as is standard for any software ever in history) then I want it done.

Personally, I think having the mainnet also running as the current beta testing on initial launch if FUCKING ridiculous. Child_harold's personal agenda's are his business. It's unfortunate that IOTA isn't slotting into his plan but that's the reality of software development (delays and missed deadlines).

Yes we need beta testing . But all these Q's like:

Should I release SC's?
or
Should I make it like Ethereum?
or whatever

How the fuck should I know? I rely on CfB to make the executive decision and to certainly have made it by now! Am I crazy??
CfB expresses disappointment about community activity? i haven't even had a chance yet…

this was one year in the making and thes Q's are raised now? this is dubious and I think David will concur.

Lets march on as expected

The crowdsale was made on the premise that genesis would have already been launched.
Bottom-line: there is an obligation here, unless of course I misunderstood the terms.

Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 11:21:04 PM

But all these Q's like:

should I release SC's
or
Should I make it like Ethereum
or whatever

How the fuck should I know?

I don't know how but you should know what you want Iota to be. At least if you are going to hold some long-term.
child_harold

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 11:23:00 PM

But all these Q's like:

should I release SC's
or
Should I make it like Ethereum
or whatever

How the fuck should I know?

I don't know how but you should know what you want Iota to be. At least if you are going to hold some long-term.

Dude.

I will hold some long-term,

but relying on me and people like me to make highly sophisticated technical decisions at short notice is not the way forward.

you are the guru and you lead the way. So,

Lead Us

Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 11:25:52 PM

Dude.

but relying on me and people like me to make highly sophisticated technical decisions at short notice is not the way forward.

Lead Us

Heh, these were not technical questions, I just asked what features you'd like to see in Iota. Regarding leading, I'm just a hired coder in a company that created Iota.
AltcoinScamfinder

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 11:40:57 PM

Hey, guys and gals. I'd like to get your feedback on the following:

In it's current implementation Iota's ledger is based on inputs and outputs like Bitcoin. There is another way - balances of accounts like in Nxt and Ethereum.

Now I see that if Iota used the latter it would be more efficient because:
1. No need to send the change back to myself which makes the tangle smaller
2. A lot of dust inputs could be spent with a single payment and this would be more secure because every address reuse leaks the private key
3. A new address wouldn't be needed for every incoming payment (this would make acceptance of Iota donations simple, in the current design it's PITA for humans)
4. Off-tangle payments would become simpler
5. RAM requirement for full nodes would be relaxed

The only problem that might arise in balance-based Iota is worse consensus convergence, but after analyzing the issue I don't see what could break.

I'm thinking if it's worth to do a little redesign that could take few days of extra work...

I would rather see a working implementation quicker and we can make decisions on presentation of balances later.

FOR RENT.
rdanneskjoldr

Activity: 288

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 11:45:16 PM

Dude.

Lead Us

Heh, these were not technical questions, I just asked what features you'd like to see in Iota. Regarding leading, I'm just a hired coder in a company that created Iota.

But you already proved in Nxt leaders are needed. And a big % of IOTA holders like me have no technical knowledge to make this kind of decissions.
When you ask if you should do one or the other, you shouldnt mention it will take a few days extra, because it is not relevant in the decission making process to take the better option.
Would anyone care if now they told them what if Nxt released x.x version 4 days earlier? As with this, long term it would make almost 0 difference.

And because 2 investors are nervous to sell and are here flaming, dont do what they said, because there have been many more who silently said they just want the best option for iota.

Just take the option that should work better for IOTA.
child_harold

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 11:48:41 PM

Dude.

Lead Us

OK

I guess I am the only guy here who actually thought that when you raised nearly $500,000 you had a product ready to go. I could easily quote material which would have led to this conclusion.
You raised the funds on the basis you had been working on this for a year
I am dumbfounded that at this stage you come to the community to ask these technical Q's
And yes they are technical

Less is more.

PS what company?

child_harold

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 11:50:24 PM

And because 2 investors are nervous to sell and are here flaming, dont do what they said, because there have been many more who silently said they just want the best option for iota.

really? the only thing making me nervous is CfB, as of earlier today.

CfB raised  $1/2 million last xmas because he had something. where is it? and why are we dicking around with technical details in early Feb?

msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 12:07:52 AM

You do realize it will take weeks (potentially longer) for Iota to get on an exchange.  We need a stable client with no major bugs. 

I really like the idea of having an account, like ETH and Nxt, (reusable address) my vote is go in that direction.
Jabbawa

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 12:31:53 AM

"Just take the option that should work better for IOTA."

+1
lovely89

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 12:33:01 AM

You do realize it will take weeks (potentially longer) for Iota to get on an exchange.  We need a stable client with no major bugs. 

I really like the idea of having an account, like ETH and Nxt, (reusable address) my vote is go in that direction.

I completely agree. The convenience of reusable addresses far out ways the extra few days wait. The functionality of IOTA should most definitely come ahead of how soon we can sell it on an exchange! Make the change cfb.

Bitrated user: vanlovely.
sparta_cuss

Activity: 386

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 12:37:53 AM

Remember the early days of NXT on Bitcointalk? So many technical, complex issues discussed by the community and hardly anyone talking about price. It's an amazing piece of work. I thought IOTA would be like that, but a lot of people here are too interested in a quick ROI for having done nothing but participate in the sale.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us." - E.M. Forster
NXT: NXT-Z24T-YU6D-688W-EARDT
BTC: 19ULeXarogu2rT4dhJN9vhztaorqDC3U7s
charvesp

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 12:39:49 AM

I have no memory of anyone saying iota was finished prior to crowd sale.

Purpose of the crowdsale

Development. The crowdsale funds will be used for further development and finalization of the IOTA software as well as development of the Jinn hardware processor which will strengthen and help bootstrap the network in its growing phase. Additionally funds will be used on marketing efforts to help nurture the growth of the IOTA network and  community.

Calm yo-self, sir!

charvesp

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 12:46:59 AM

Remember the early days of NXT on Bitcointalk? So many technical, complex issues discussed by the community and hardly anyone talking about price. It's an amazing piece of work. I thought IOTA would be like that, but a lot of people here are too interested in a quick ROI for having done nothing but participate in the sale.
There's always going to be people like that nothing you can do. Just ignore them. They contribute nothing and are only thinking of themselves.

Isn't it obvious people like that don't care. He wants it out the door now to sell the promise of a bitcoin killer to dump at big profit.
It matters not to him if IOTA is broken. Clearly he demonstrated that. Just ignore him. Ignore everybody, including me.
Jimmy2011

Activity: 589
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 12:54:03 AM

I'm fine. Just take time do it to make a possible better Iota.
child_harold

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 12:58:52 AM

I have no memory of anyone saying iota was finished prior to crowd sale.

Purpose of the crowdsale

Development. The crowdsale funds will be used for further development and finalization of the IOTA software as well as development of the Jinn hardware processor which will strengthen and help bootstrap the network in its growing phase. Additionally funds will be used on marketing efforts to help nurture the growth of the IOTA network and  community.

Calm yo-self, sir!

Very well respected community members, and what of this:

ball park eta til you have something in the wild?

By Christmas.

The phrase "in the wild" means only one thing. Is IOTA in the wild? No.

And there are more.

Yes the project should be made as good as possible.
No, the release time dates were not accurate .

What can I say? Somebody screwed up I guess?

tangleNinja

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 01:00:15 AM

This is a very valuable discussion.

I can understand both sides, but the general direction where this is heading worries me.

@IOTA Team, when you guys anounced the crowdsale, you made implications that IOTA was pretty fucking close to beeing ready to launch
and said that we can expect beta before christmas, now the release date for beta was postponed many times, today is febuary 5th and there
is no useable version of IOTA released ( no I dont consider 0.3.0 usable, unless you can figure out how to build a vaild transaction just by looking at the undocumented,
unannotated source code, you really cant expect that )

People not only gave you half a million USD but also gave you shitloads of trust.
Trust in you, your team, your company, your product.

Can you not understand that that trust becomes a bit fragile when you fail to meet expections set by yourself?
 - You said IOTA was close to being lauched, now you ask how basic things should be implemented.
 - repeatedly postponing release dates.

Can you not understand that that trust becomes a bit fragile considering that the general management of this project is unprofessional?
 - I signed up for the email newsletter, never got an email
 - http://collect.iotatoken.com/ TO THIS DAY shows outdated information, you said you were going to change that multiple times.
 - I said this before - no streamlined way of communication - where can i find updates and information? here? ryver? twitter? email? outdated collect.iotatoken website? not even once updated iotatoken website?
 - David once said this is because it is better to have people seek information themselfes, I agree, but if you continue running this project this way people will just stop giving a shit.

How can you look at how the IOTA community is loosing trust and faith In you and not think "Well, thats a little bit our fault"

And then you dare to say things like

right now the level of involvement is pretty upsetting.

Try to take a wild guess as to why.

You should be happy the community has been so patient with you.

But hey, whatever, its not like you actually care about the community and IOTA beeing a great product

I'm just a hired coder in a company that created Iota.

If thats truly all you are then what happens after IOTA is released?
Will your poisition change from "lead dev" to "senior i dont give a shit anymore developer" ?

Honestly I am rather dissapointed.
Dosnt mean i have lost all faith in IOTA, just means I want to point out things that could have been done better.
This all boils down to failure of communication, communicate in a more professional, clear, unambiguous way
this could become the best crypto currency and crypto currency community ever.

child_harold

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 01:02:32 AM

^thank you so much - you have no idea. i need sleep and at least YOU GET IT

thanks

EDIT: dammit thats a good post - good for you. seriously.

@CfB - you want community? you got it.

Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... 764 »
  Print  

Jump to: