Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:49:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 764 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA  (Read 1471700 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
sparta_cuss

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 11:32:35 PM

Not to mention that CFB is not actually 24, lol  Roll Eyes

Yeah, well, maybe not, but he USED to be! So, point made.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us." - E.M. Forster
NXT: NXT-Z24T-YU6D-688W-EARDT
BTC: 19ULeXarogu2rT4dhJN9vhztaorqDC3U7s

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
charvesp

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 11:53:02 PM

I believe that dude was referring to David as 24. Although I have no idea if he really is. Doesn't look it to me.
But yea, I'm pretty sure he's referring to David not CFB. Just saying.
AltcoinScamfinder

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 11:55:04 PM

I believe that dude was referring to David as 24. Although I have no idea if he really is. Doesn't look it to me.
But yea, I'm pretty sure he's referring to David not CFB. Just saying.

Obviously (I hope) I am not arguing that we should launch a beta with serious core errors. I am not intending to sell anyway.

FOR RENT.
AltcoinScamfinder

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 12:02:33 AM

Not to mention that CFB is not actually 24, lol  Roll Eyes

Yeah, well, maybe not, but he USED to be! So, point made.

Do you know how old Vitalik Buterin was when he started coding Ethereum?

FOR RENT.
bottlerocket

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 01:21:18 AM

It's still good for me. I do focus switch while coding (this improves productivity) and these trolls help me because I don't need to put much effort into replies to them.

Whatever bitterness, hate and fud is spread there. please take it as a hint to improve the public apperance. I am aware what david said about why there is no usable version of jiniri, no documentation, and no website etc.. It doesn't matter if  you can improve the  archictecture  etc. No one cares about when the chip is out that  it's much more powerful, but  even with a simple basic instruction set you can gain intretested tech people. And you have some software  ready when it happens.

Weren't you the one who complained about missing engagement?

Some days ago  david mentioned the ternary math library that was supported by Jinn labs. Why is there no developers blog where to mention such things? Google  will not find it there in the muddy water of the ryver (sorry, i don't like this tool).

child_harold

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 01:44:39 AM

People are saying nasty shit that CfB is censoring?
This is getting messed up.

When the ICO was raised a product near completion was intimated and an ETA of XMAS proposed.
An expectation was raised and XMAS long since passed
We are now into early Feb and we seem farther away from launch than before.

I am very sorry if my expressing my concerns offends you but I am perfectly entitled to do so.

Why the hell do people keep saying I invested a small sum?
Neither relevant nor any of your goddamned business.
And where has David (iotatoken) gone to?

PS that new uncensored thread is a shitstorm.

The sooner we launch, the sooner we dispel this negativity.
Lees speed, more haste.

PPS All these people accusing me of greed and this guy below talking of retirement.
Its the thin end of the wedge I tell you.

Good evening gentlemen.

harold, honestly you have no business posting your opinions here. You have every right to participate in the crowd sale but you clearly don't
know what you've "invested" in.

You ask what company? Really? This is the level of intelligence and sophistication you have.
You send bitcoins to a project's crowd sale that accepts two forms of payments, bitcoins and NXT's JINN asset.

And you never bothered to ask yourself, what the hell is a JINN asset? Thats where most of the crowd sale is going towards.
Further development of the JINN processor. Yet you still put your tiny decimal bitcoins in.

And now you have the nerve to tell people it should be launched now because Xmas eta was given. Given, not promised.

And now you are pretending all along you wanted experts to weigh in not the community, which are full of programmers too.
From the beginning you stated that IOTA is ready now, launch it cuz I say so. Cuz in your world, when you work on something
for a year its always ready and never needs reconsideration.

[CENSORED] Thats why I can't stand it here. If we are
blessed and IOTA really catches on. In a few years I can retire to anywhere I want. But you can't because one, your stake is insignificant,
and two you would have already sold it by then guaranteed.

Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 01:50:45 AM

When the ICO was raised a product near completion was intimated and an ETA of XMAS proposed.

ETA was given for December, today is February. Sounds like delayed for 3 months, doesn't it?

To make it look worse we could say that ETA was set to 2015 and today is 2016.
child_harold

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 01:53:52 AM

ETA was given for December, today is February. Sounds like delayed for 3 months, doesn't it?

To make it look worse we could say that ETA was set to 2015 and today is 2016.

2 months actually. But yes, there has been a delay.

Where's David?

PS Why do I get the feeling you're enjoying this?

cryptomite

Activity: 304
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 04:01:08 AM

Ok. Let's get this on track.

I think weve decided that a few extra days won't hurt if its to improve Iota.

@CFB
You said with input/output that ambiguity is impossible. Can you say that same thing when it comes to accounts?

If so, though the last minute change makes me alittle nervous, its clear the majority of the community is behind you on taking extra time if necessary.

If not, there is no reason to even continue talking about it.

What's your thoughts on this?

For everyone else, ChildHarold is one guy, and he is upset with the delay. He has every right to his own feelings, and there is nothing wrong with voicing them here as long as he does so without attacking others.

Am I making sense?

I feel everyone has had their say on the subject of a few extra days.

Let's steer the conversation towards if the idea itself is good. Not how long it takes. Weve taken that across the world and back.

Input/output or Account based? And is the latter as safe?

AltcoinScamfinder

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 05:39:55 AM

@CFB
You said with input/output that ambiguity is impossible. Can you say that same thing when it comes to accounts?

If so, though the last minute change makes me alittle nervous, its clear the majority of the community is behind you on taking extra time if necessary.

For everyone else, ChildHarold is one guy, and he is upset with the delay. He has every right to his own feelings, and there is nothing wrong with voicing them here as long as he does so without attacking others.

Am I making sense?

Let's steer the conversation towards if the idea itself is good. Not how long it takes. Weve taken that across the world and back.

I would like IOTA launched 'yesterday' as much as anyone, but i'm sure as hell not going to root for a release before core issues are resolved.

FOR RENT.
BlackWidow

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 06:30:32 AM

Can someone explain what they mean by ambiguity is impossible?

We should start breaking this down laymans terms. I know a lot of the tech stuff is over many heads, but lets put together an easy to understand explanation of the hard to understand things.

Lets start with this question that CFB just raises. And the delay is fine. I want to get it right and make sure this change is risk free. Up until now there was no worry of security. I dont want to add one iota of risk for a bell or a whistle. Im not saying thats what were doing and im not saying were not. I dont know so please explain if you know and can put it in english hehe
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 09:41:51 AM

Where's David?

Not 2 months, 1.5 actually.

PS: What am I enjoying?
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 09:45:21 AM

@CFB

Am I making sense?

Sometimes ambiguity is good, because doesn't lead to necessity to regenerate a transaction.

I go with the both now - I/O and accounts.
child_harold

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 10:27:26 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2016, 10:44:42 AM by child_harold

Where's David?

Would you be surprised if I told you that I thought about correcting that even as I fought to stay awake last night?
And then I thought, really?, this is me now?

Ir would appear I'm in something of a bind.

You have the support of the community to take the time needed to get the product right, which is only correct and proper. I'm not taking responsibility for any rushing of the project.
AND YET
You have delayed the release.

It is difficult for me to complain about these delays without seemingly endangering the future of the project.

In the meantime you ask your community to participate in a highly-technical and FUNDAMENTAL choice about which direction to go in, having shortly before expressed your disappointment in our lack of involvement.

So how about now CfB? Are you enjoying these new levels of involvement? Enough in-fighting and rancor to demonstrate the vital signs of a healthy community? The bruised skin of a healthy boy which makes him feel bigger?

At this point I get frustrated with your approach and bite my lip to keep the peace.

I can only speak for myself and say I do not have a clue which of the options you presented is the better, and I don't think 99% of the people here have the expertise to assist either.

This is your baby and you've had many months to consider these options (pre-crowdsale) which you are presenting now. Ultimately my feeling is the choice should be yours and yours alone and we shall all live with the consequences.

Whilst you make your final decision I really have nothing to offer this thread except my growing impatience.

Therefor I am bowing out until after Genesis, at which time I (as a community member) might actually be of assistance.

Be seeing you. Good hunting.

PS: Seriously, where's David?

Thanks. See you after Genesis.

Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 10:47:48 AM

Would you be surprised if I told you that I thought about correcting that even as I fought to stay awake last night?

You have the support of the community to take the time needed to get the product right, which is only correct and proper. I'm not taking responsibility for any rushing of the project.
AND YET

It is difficult for me to complain about these delays without seemingly endangering the future of the project.

In the meantime you ask your community to participate in a highly-technical and FUNDAMENTAL choice about which direction to go in, having shortly before expressed your disappointment in our lack of involvement.

So how about now CfB? Are you enjoying these new levels of involvement? Enough in-fighting and rancor to demonstrate the vital signs of a healthy community? The bruised skin of a healthy boy which makes him feel bigger?

At this point I get frustrated with your approach and bite my lip to keep the peace.

I can only speak for myself and say I do not have a clue which of the options you presented is the better, and I don't think 99% of the people here have the expertise to assist either.

This is your baby and you've had many months to consider these options which you are presenting now. Ultimately my feeling is the choice should be yours and yours alone and we shall all live with the consequences.

Whilst you make your final decision I really have nothing to offer this thread except my growing impatience.

Therefor I am bowing out until after Genesis, at which time I (as a community member) might actually be of assistance.

Iota is not my baby. It was created by a team of 3 people, after the sale the team grew 100-fold.

Not sure I should answer the rest, it looks as rhetorical questions.

PS: Somewhere here. Unlike me, he has to focus on 100 things at once and don't have that much time to post every hour.
VultureFund

Activity: 366

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 11:32:14 AM

Where's David?

AND YET

This is your baby and you've had many months to consider these options (pre-crowdsale) which you are presenting now. Ultimately my feeling is the choice should be yours and yours alone and we shall all live with the consequences.

Thanks. See you after Genesis.

Man, shut the fuck up please!!!

You're angry because you have hurry to sell your coins at a X10 profit. WE ALL HAVE HEARD YOU

Then your irritated mind starts to think negatively and you say all this kind of shit about IOTA (a clean, fair and FAST project).

FAST, we're only 1.5 months after the crowdsale. Have you ever created something interesting man? Good things take time, and 1.5 months is NOTHING.

SHUT THE FUCK UP, WAIT ONE MORE WEEK AND SELL YOUR COINS. MEANWHILE YOU COULD DO SOMETHING INTERESTING WITH YOUR LIFE

Bitsharesuser1234

Activity: 46

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 11:38:52 AM

I wish people could retire from this. Unfortunately things do not work like that in crypto world. Like someone here mentioned before, ~5x ROI is the target IF IOTA  launches soon(in days).
[/quote]

I might be a newbie but strongly disagree with you David.

Some useless projects got so much more than 5* ROI,IOTA is a completely new technology, it's a revolution, it will eventually got so much more than 5* ROI,the world will know IOTA in months or years.
Richard1972x

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 11:39:56 AM

I also participated in the crowdsale.

If its needs more time, I can unterstand that. I trust the dev-team they will make the right decision to bring up IOTA up the curve.  Smiley

iotatoken

Activity: 714

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 11:44:48 AM

Just some general comments:

1. We decided to consult the community because like we promised we want IOTA to be a community effort that is transparent and open from day1. We would of course never launch a deficient IOTA, but these optimizations came about after some discussions of some potential utility issues that could be improved. Then CfB had some revelations and decided to ask the community. At the end of the day we of course make a decision and stand behind it, but again we want to include the IOTA community as much as possible

2. Re: delay. This has been explained at length already. We could have launched IOTA at the end of December, yes, but it would not have been the optimal IOTA, plus it would have had a shit UI, which would not really have mattered for IoT devices, but since the community requested it we decided to set aside funds and time to develop a proper UI for first impression reasons, since we raised enough funds for this to be done. During this period we discovered some optimization and implemented it too. This is the inevitable nature of developing/creating virtually *anything*, you can keep improving and optimizing forever. So ~1.5 month 'delay' due to optimizing and accepting the community's request for a sleek GUI is really nothing to worry about.

3. Inevitably there are some speculators that just want to pump and dump. If this is you: we don't care about you, you are on your own. This has been our attitude from day 1, which we have been explicit about precisely because IOTA is a IoT tech project, not a crypto-activist movement, not a investor-speculator-scheme, but technology. Our focus is on the technology, as should everyone elses.

4. Since one guy asked 'WHERE IS DAVID?' after not having been active 1(!) day on the forum I should probably address this too. First of all if you want to follow IOTA real time: join our Ryver. I have been active there every day. Secondly we (entire IOTA team) have been available every day since we announced IOTA. Literally. Even on Christmas and New years eve. If one of us is AFK for a few hours or even a whole day, that does not mean ANYTHING.

yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 11:50:13 AM

I can sent for you a invitation Ryver, Peace and love My friend  Wink Kiss

Ps: for all user just sent your email  Wink

Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 764 »
  Print  

Jump to: