Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:19:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 [153] 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 ... 764 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA  (Read 1471700 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
child_harold

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 03:02:53 PM

@CfB: How confident are you we will survive initial network attacks? My sense is the bigger we get the tougher we are (like BTC) but till then we remain "weak". Thoughts?

100% confident because we have an ace up our sleeve.

What… you hired Satoshi?

(sorry just couldnt resist a stupid joke - pretty funny tho imo)

OK - serious now - what could possibly assure 100% security before being tossed in the wild?
This I wait to see with furled brow…
call me a cynic*

*things may well pan out,
but without hiccups I doubt.
Im often wrong btw.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 03:12:27 PM

OK - serious now - what could possibly assure 100% security before being tossed in the wild?

Not a good moment to pull it from the sleeve.
child_harold

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 03:26:21 PM

Not a good moment to pull it from the sleeve.

First off, following our interactions I have a great deal of respect.
However, it is my contention (actually the contention of many security experts) that one cannot assure security, but that rather it must be proven over time.

Looking forward to looking stupid.

PS Sorry for pitching hardballs, this thread got a little soft tho Wink

@iotatoken:
+ will the two individuals being approached in the "deal" be sitting on the Foundation Board?
+ who else will sit on the Board?
+ will said individuals draw a salary from the Foundation?
+ All the money being collected >> how will the funds be allocated?

thanks

iotatoken

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 03:39:50 PM

+ will the two individuals being approached in the "deal" be sitting on the Foundation Board?
+ All the money being collected >> how will the funds be allocated?,

1. Currently no, but maybe in the future. It's something we're actively discussing, but will only make sense to finalize if the deal is finalized. We will aim to get IoT leaders on board too, as well as companies as sponsors in the future. it is imperative that IOTA gets out of the 'crypto world' and into the real world from launch.

2. Currently Me, Dominik and Stas, with Sergey/CfB and Serguei/Mthcl as tech advisors. We have received several applications from community members that want to take part, several of which clearly got a lot of real life experience to contribute.

3. Yes, the foundation is real job and the criteria will be very strict. This will be a very time consuming job with tons of paper work, travelling, strategic meetings etc. But we will not have Ethereum type salaries which were/still are north of $ 100,000

4. This depends a lot on how much we gain and what direction IOTA takes immediately after launch. The goal is to make IOTA a genuine economic backbone for Internet-of-Things. I.E. a tech standard in the industry, so it's impossible at this stage to say which area will require the most focus until we see the real world react to IOTA's launch. Currently I got a lot of things planned and working hard to get pushed through, which will give IOTA a good launch, but it's not feasible to give an estimate at this time on exactly which categories will have what kind of funds allocated.

bahamapascal

Activity: 695

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 03:43:18 PM

Call for donations and funding!

I will post this here as I am sure there are many Investors that are not reading the whol thread day by day.

There are two important fundraisers going on that both still need more funds.

1.) "The Deal" This is an interesting project. The Devs of Iota have got in contact with some (according to them) really BIG players, who are interested in acquiring a large share of IOTA tokens (25 million). In return they will play a large role for mass adoption of IOTA. So who are "they"? Well that is something only the core devs know at this time, and unfortunately they can't tell us the names without braking the deal.

Also note, every one funding "The Deal" is NOT donating there Iotas but rather selling them. The 25 mill will be sold to "them" and every one that helped fund "The Deal" will get there schare of the proceedings. Though please note the price is not knowen, though it will probably be a bit below market price (what ever that will be).

2.) "The Iota Foundation" is a fundraiser that needs 50 Mill Iota. This will be for the medium and longterm succes of IOTA. The Iota Foundation will secure new partners and drive adoption of IOTA.
     More Info here: http://forum.iotatoken.com/t/iota-foundation-announcement/174

Why you should help with the funding? Here is my point of view on it, out of a speculators perspective.

The moment I invested money into the Iota ICO, I had to blindly trust the Iota devs that they will stay true on there promise to deliver the IOTA program. As it appears they did a good job and the Investments already multilpyed by x20 if you take the recent OTC trades into account.
So I for my self donated 20% of my IOTA. 10% to the foundation, 10% to "The Deal". Why? By doing so I see a great chance that if "The deal" workes out and it is as big as it sounds like , that the rest of my IOTA will gain much more value then the 10% I contributed (wihich is actually same as selling). So Risk Reward is very good on this one. Also, if I trusted the devs once, I have no reason to not trust them with this.
Same is foundation, if IOTA has a foundation backing it, it will be taken much more seriously, which will more then likely will have a direkt affect on the value of IOTA.

My personal judgement,I might be wrong, should none of the two projects get funded then its even verry good possible that current prices cant be sustained and go down a bit. So its in every ones interest that we get thisfunded!

Your contribution is very much appreciated!

Current status of the funding: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17d2k_0Xgy2SSFx6NWx2xyrgF9pFcs_Mr-GgVg5Uvzjw/edit?ts=56eac2b7#gid=0

P.s.To all: Please note that I have not invested in Iota only fore the profit. Much more I invested into it because of the Idea behind it.
Never the less I am still a speculator ; )
rdanneskjoldr

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 03:47:39 PM

How will the process of the deal specially, and foundation be in case it happens?

Confirmation of deal/ pledges-> launch -> trade?
Or launch -> confirm pledges -> confirm deal -> trade?

Do you plan to have all 100% closed before launch?

Probably some people would donate more than the "pledge promise" once they could really make the transfer. No one wants to promise more than they could later give.

child_harold

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 03:49:44 PM

+ All the money being collected >> how will the funds be allocated?,

1. Currently no, but maybe in the future. It's something we're actively discussing, but will only make sense to finalize if the deal is finalized. We will aim to get IoT leaders on board too, as well as companies as sponsors in the future. it is imperative that IOTA gets out of the 'crypto world' and into the real world from launch.

2. Currently Me, Dominik and Stas, with Sergey/CfB and Serguei/Mthcl as tech advisors. We have received several applications from community members that want to take part, several of which clearly got a lot of real life experience to contribute.

3. Yes, the foundation is real job and the criteria will be very strict. This will be a very time consuming job with tons of paper work, travelling, strategic meetings etc. But we will not have Ethereum type salaries which were/still are north of $ 100,000

4. This depends a lot on how much we gain and what direction IOTA takes immediately after launch. The goal is to make IOTA a genuine economic backbone for Internet-of-Things. I.E. a tech standard in the industry, so it's impossible at this stage to say which area will require the most focus until we see the real world react to IOTA's launch. Currently I got a lot of things planned and working hard to get pushed through, which will give IOTA a good launch, but it's not feasible to give an estimate at this time on exactly which categories will have what kind of funds allocated.

Thanks for the reply:

2. Dominik and Stas? Who are they in relation to IOTA?

4. A little vague but cool… Dragon's Den investors probably twitching a bit tho, but what do they…

Thanks David, you're a brave one (no sarcasm meant)

bahamapascal

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 03:54:47 PM

How will the process of the deal specially, and foundation be in case it happens?

Confirmation of deal/ pledges-> launch -> trade?
Or launch -> confirm pledges -> confirm deal -> trade?

Do you plan to have all 100% closed before launch?

I guess it will be "launch -> confirm pledges -> confirm deal -> trade"

iotatokens ore any other core member should confirm this though
bahamapascal

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 03:58:32 PM

I will repeat following on every page here until we complete one of the fundraisers successfully. If thats okay with the Iota team?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Call for donations and funding!

I will post this here as I am sure there are many Investors that are not reading the whol thread day by day.

There are two important fundraisers going on that both still need more funds.

1.) "The Deal" This is an interesting project. The Devs of Iota have got in contact with some (according to them) really BIG players, who are interested in acquiring a large share of IOTA tokens (25 million). In return they will play a large role for mass adoption of IOTA. So who are "they"? Well that is something only the core devs know at this time, and unfortunately they can't tell us the names without braking the deal.

Also note, every one funding "The Deal" is NOT donating there Iotas but rather selling them. The 25 mill will be sold to "them" and every one that helped fund "The Deal" will get there schare of the proceedings. Though please note the price is not knowen, though it will probably be a bit below market price (what ever that will be).

2.) "The Iota Foundation" is a fundraiser that needs 50 Mill Iota. This will be for the medium and longterm succes of IOTA. The Iota Foundation will secure new partners and drive adoption of IOTA.
     More Info here: http://forum.iotatoken.com/t/iota-foundation-announcement/174

Why you should help with the funding? Here is my point of view on it, out of a speculators perspective.

The moment I invested money into the Iota ICO, I had to blindly trust the Iota devs that they will stay true on there promise to deliver the IOTA program. As it appears they did a good job and the Investments already multilpyed by x20 if you take the recent OTC trades into account.
So I for my self donated 20% of my IOTA. 10% to the foundation, 10% to "The Deal". Why? By doing so I see a great chance that if "The deal" workes out and it is as big as it sounds like , that the rest of my IOTA will gain much more value then the 10% I contributed (wihich is actually same as selling). So Risk Reward is very good on this one. Also, if I trusted the devs once, I have no reason to not trust them with this.
Same is foundation, if IOTA has a foundation backing it, it will be taken much more seriously, which will more then likely will have a direkt affect on the value of IOTA.

My personal judgement,I might be wrong, should none of the two projects get funded then its even verry good possible that current prices cant be sustained and go down a bit. So its in every ones interest that we get thisfunded!

Your contribution is very much appreciated!

Current status of the funding: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17d2k_0Xgy2SSFx6NWx2xyrgF9pFcs_Mr-GgVg5Uvzjw/edit?ts=56eac2b7#gid=0

P.s.To all: Please note that I have not invested in Iota only fore the profit. Much more I invested into it because of the Idea behind it.
Never the less I am still a speculator ; )
yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 04:03:25 PM

I will repeat following on every page.....
Thanks bro for initiative, i like Smiley
but i think it is not very good post every page, just my opinion, dont worry, i like you alaways  Kiss
maybe each 5 or 10 page? i dont know  Cheesy Cheesy
coldmoldy

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 04:26:49 PM

I will also increase my donation.

I have currently donated 10% of my holdings to the deal.

Yassin, I would like to donate another 400,000 IOTA to the foundation. This brings my total donation to 20%.

Since I am not a developer, and I am occupied with my full time job, I feel this is the best way I can contribute. If everyone else does the same, we will easily fund both goals.

DONATE SO WE CAN DO THIS!!!
tangleNinja

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 04:30:56 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2016, 05:11:36 PM by tangleNinja

I will repeat following on every page here until we complete one of the fundraisers successfully. If thats okay with the Iota team?

Persistence pays of, probably.
I tweeted about it, please retweet to make sure everyone knows about it: https://twitter.com/tangleNinja/status/713402174366203904

This is important, lets make this happen already.
Thanks!

Edit: I just realised i have a typo in that tweet,

sad meme bear:

bahamapascal

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 04:34:46 PM

but i think it is not very good post every page, just my opinion, dont worry, i like you alaways  Kiss

Yes, what ever is thought to be best. Maybe my post also isn't written very well, that might well be.
Still I think a reminder/info should be through out the thread so that those that bought and just take a peak here once in a while will see the fundraiser.

Yassin, I would like to donate another 400,000 IOTA to the foundation. This brings my total donation to 20%.

Since I am not a developer, and I am occupied with my full time job, I feel this is the best way I can contribute. If everyone else does the same, we will easily fund both goals.

Great! Thank you very much!!!
If every one dose this, we will reach both goals easely.
Breasal

Activity: 585

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 04:43:55 PM

I will repeat following on every page

Please don't
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 04:44:47 PM

However, it is my contention (actually the contention of many security experts) that one cannot assure security, but that rather it must be proven over time.

It's not cryptographical security, so "security thru obscurity" argument is not applicable here.
josegines

Activity: 813
Merit: 531

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 05:22:57 PM

and once a day? perhaps after the Good night!! of Yassin54
 Wink

QUBIC: a quorum-based computations protocol.- by Come-from-Beyond
What is Qubic?
Coinmarketcap(Qubic) Coingecko(Qubic)
eB101

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 05:35:19 PM

I'd like to move my 50k pledge from the foundation to the Deal, and add 20k for the foundation
yassin54
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 06:19:54 PM

add!!  Smiley

Thank you!!  Kiss
yassin54
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 06:21:14 PM

and once a day? perhaps after the Good night!! of Yassin54
 Wink
That Great idea!!  Grin Cheesy Cheesy
yassin54
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 06:22:33 PM

I'd like to move my 50k pledge from the foundation to the Deal, and add 20k for the foundation
edited!! Wink
Thanks Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 [153] 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 ... 764 »
  Print  

Jump to: