Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:10:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 [680] 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 ... 764 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA  (Read 1471700 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
revelacaogr
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021

2009 Alea iacta est

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:52:40 AM

IOTA is building a superhero team for the problems of tomorrow.
46 great minds (so far) are building our future. That's important!

http://www.tangleblog.com/what-is-iota-what-is-the-tangle/

IOTA Foundation and Developers:

-Chronologically Ordered-

Prof. Serguei Popov (Co-Founder. Mathematician, Creator of the Tangle Concept)
David Sønstebø (Founder, Co-Lead, Management)
Sergey Ivancheglo (Co-Founder, Engineer)
Dominik Schiener (Co-Founder, Co-Lead, Core-Dev, Public Face of IOTA)
Per Lind (Business Development Asia)
Dr. Carsten Stöcker (Advisor Mobility, Business Transformation, Innovation)
Dr. Navin Ramachandran (Healthcare, Bigdata, UCL Wallet Dev.)
Wilfried Pimenta de Miranda (Director Business Development)
Regine Haschka Helmer(Advisor, Business Development)
Paul Handy (Core-Dev)
Alfred Keller (Network Architect, Dev)
Alon Elmaliah (Core-Dev)
Sabri Goldberg (Designer)
Jochen Renz (Chicago Connectory, Mobility)
Prof. John Halamka (Healthcare)
Prof. Cyril Grunspan (Mathematician)
Andreas C. Osowski (Core-Dev)
Chris Dukakis (Core-Dev)
Alexander Renz (Chicago Connectory, Mobility)
Dr. Julie Maupin (Legal Advisor)
John Edge (Healthcare, Fintech)
Lewis Freiberg (Core-Dev)
Nick Beglinger (Advisor Sustainability, Business Development)
Dr. Danny Wu (Dev, Engineering)
Bartosz Kuśmierz (Dev, Mathematician, Ph.D. student)
Oliver T. Bussmann (Business Advisor)
Prof. Vassil Dimitrov (Mathematician)
Anders H. Lier (Business Development, Networking)
John E. Mattison (Healthcare, Big Data)
Samuel Reid (Math. Dev, Blockchain Eng.)
Jesse Babbra (Chicago Connectory, Business Development)
Prof. Joachim Taiber (Advisor Mobility)
Gal Rogozinski (Core-Dev)
John Liciardello (Ecosystem-Fund-Manager)
Tsvi Sabo (Core-Dev)
Georgio E. Mandolfo (Sysadmin /Devops)
Edward Greve (Core-Dev)
Hongquan Jiang (Robert Bosch Venture Capital Partner / Advisor)
Max Minchenkov (Networker in the Commonwealth of Independent States)
Jens Munch Lund-Nielsen (Networker in Norsk countries)
Oliver Mulherin (Fullstack Core-Dev)
Clara Shikhelman (Mathematician / on her Ph.D)
Koen Maris (Software Dev / Cyber Security)
Darcy Gabriel Augusto Camargo Cunha (Mathematician / on his Ph. D)
Alon Gal (Physicist, Dev, Entrepreneur)
Andreas Mikolajewski (Dev, interdisciplinary Comp. Science)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
revelacaogr
Legendary

2009 Alea iacta est

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:32:28 AM

Summary, IOTA moscow meetup
by CryptoTraderNor

https://www.reddit.com/r/Iota/comments/7r23e0/summary_iota_moscow_meetup/

"Hey! Just came back from IOTA Moscow meetup! Some of the news from the talk/presentation of Cfb and Max Minchenkov:
IOTA will move from PoW to Network-bound PoW in the future. It's an unique thing and details are not available.
smart contracts are in development. ETA is this year. It will be done not like eth smart contracts, but done in functional programming paradigm/style.
Max Minchenkov said that IOTA are doing a solution together with CISCO for an undisclosed oil company, where IOTA will provide software and CISCO hardware. No ETAs or any other info.
Ternary hardware is still in development. It will be ternary CPU and Li-Fi. No ETAs or any other info.
Cfb is more on hardware part now, other team members do work on IRI.
I can verify that people do build their own stuff on IOTA, personally saw a few teams today that build something on IOTA. And real word development on IOTA do happens outside of "crypto community". So the fact that it's quite in bitcointalk or even media means nothing. Work do progressing behind the doors.
I talked personally with Cfb. He is a very polite and intellegent person. Was too shy to say hello to Max Minchenkov."
Took the liberty to post this, copy from Ilya, on iota slack.

silverston

Activity: 952
Merit: 502

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:47:42 AM

1 MIOTA $1000 in the future - why not. 1 single IOTA rather not, I guess ^^

My friend, I bought IOTA in July for 64 cents and their capitalization was about 1.8 billion dollars, I was very hooked at this project. Then they just went to the Bitfinex exchange. I read their whitepapper and waited very much for it to take off, I was sure that it would grow considering the fact that this coin has no commission for transactions. But recently I sold all of my IOTA - maybe it was a mistake, but I find many other coins more attractive in the current market. In this case, I'm considering the option that IOTA still declares itself! 1000$... May be but when?... Good luck))

█████     ████████████████████
█████     ████████████████████
█████                    █████
█████     ██████████     █████
████████████████████     █████
████████████████████     █████
.SWAAP. ▄▄▄▄▄██    ▄▄
 █       ▄▄▀▀▀
 █     ▄▀
▄▄▄   █  ▄▄
▀▀███▄   █▀
██▄███  ▀▀
▄▄▀███  ▀▀▀▀██
▀▀▄███  ▀█
███▀▀ ▄  ██
      ▀▄
 █      ▀▄▄
 █         ▀██
 ▀▀▀▀▀██
⟩⟩.
..For Individuals & Traders..
..For Businesses...................
..For Financial Institutions..
⟩⟩.
Pre-Sale
LIVE on
Uniswap
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
██████████  ██  ████████████
████████         ▀██████████
██████████  ████▄  █████████
██████████  ████▀  █████████
██████████          ▀███████
██████████  ███████  ███████
████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄███████
████████▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄█████████
██████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
████▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████   ████             ████
████   ██████████████   ████
████   ████      ████   ████
████             ████   ████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄████
sarakeyyy

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:56:28 AM

1 MIOTA $1000 in the future - why not. 1 single IOTA rather not, I guess ^^

My friend, I bought IOTA in July for 64 cents and their capitalization was about 1.8 billion dollars, I was very hooked at this project. Then they just went to the Bitfinex exchange. I read their whitepapper and waited very much for it to take off, I was sure that it would grow considering the fact that this coin has no commission for transactions. But recently I sold all of my IOTA - maybe it was a mistake, but I find many other coins more attractive in the current market. In this case, I'm considering the option that IOTA still declares itself! 1000$... May be but when?... Good luck))
I also sold 80% of my position, but the remaining 20% of the coins I have to go with IOTA go far because the IoT application is still the outlet of our country
CryptikEnigma

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:22:05 PM

IOTA/BTC is back to its previous channel (when IOTA/USD was moving around $4)
Fragbait

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 05:29:08 PM

IOTA is building a superhero team for the problems of tomorrow.
46 great minds (so far) are building our future. That's important!

Could one of them please say something about when will the reclaims continue?
revelacaogr
Legendary

2009 Alea iacta est

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 08:18:14 AM

IOTA Foundation presents their solution for the future Swedish national cryptocurrency e-Crown

https://www.nyteknik.se/tekniknyheter/article6893800.ece/BINARY/IOTA%20Foundation

The IOTA Foundation and Faston are happy for the invitation to discuss the e-crown project and present our view
and technical solution to support the issuance of an e-crown. We have followed the project since start and have
spoken to cash handlers, retailers, the Swedish Post and Telecom Authority and County Administrative Boards to
assess the stakeholders view of the cash market to find the ambition level and understand how we best can support
the project and be part of the solution.
We would like to present the IOTA foundations version of a register based currency that can be configured either
as a central register or a decentralized register in which either case the Riksbank would have full control over
issuance, monitoring and steering of the e-crown.
In our view, a successful e-crown must be able to replicate some of the properties of cash and be as convenient to
use as the most modern methods of payments used today. Our solution is not limited to function online only but
supports off line transactions as well. Interoperability with other payments is key and the solution supports
transactions between registered based e-crowns and value based e-crowns. During a transition period, ability to
convert physical cash directly to e-crowns in order to maintain same credit quality will be interesting for the
users. Our technique supports an interface between physical cash and e-crowns
As the physical cash is rapidly decreasing and risk becoming a supporting method of payment rather than basic
method of payment, the cost of infrastructure to maintain the physical cash may soon supersede the cost of
development of support for those who need cash the most. The cash users today may have disabilities or are not
to confident using technical equipment. We aim to simplify interfaces, devices and ways to identify yourself
through geometrical or numerical methods to meet their demands as well........
BeCryptonom1

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:24:52 AM

Like this project because they are on his own and have one o the strongest supporters. I think they know what to do and why they believe in their tech
Canbow1

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:34:07 PM

It always offers high yield when you get on a new-tech train. I believe in tangle and I believe it is being in his very early stages.
cryptorusin

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 06:06:25 PM

Wow what’s happening here? Suddenly it dropped very heavy and my order got filled and it even dropped much under that despite the BTC price not dropping that much. Any news?
atlas21

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 08:57:24 PM

IOTA Foundation presents their solution for the future Swedish national cryptocurrency e-Crown

https://www.nyteknik.se/tekniknyheter/article6893800.ece/BINARY/IOTA%20Foundation

The IOTA Foundation and Faston are happy for the invitation to discuss the e-crown project and present our view
and technical solution to support the issuance of an e-crown. We have followed the project since start and have
spoken to cash handlers, retailers, the Swedish Post and Telecom Authority and County Administrative Boards to
assess the stakeholders view of the cash market to find the ambition level and understand how we best can support
the project and be part of the solution.
We would like to present the IOTA foundations version of a register based currency that can be configured either
as a central register or a decentralized register in which either case the Riksbank would have full control over
issuance, monitoring and steering of the e-crown.
In our view, a successful e-crown must be able to replicate some of the properties of cash and be as convenient to
use as the most modern methods of payments used today. Our solution is not limited to function online only but
supports off line transactions as well. Interoperability with other payments is key and the solution supports
transactions between registered based e-crowns and value based e-crowns. During a transition period, ability to
convert physical cash directly to e-crowns in order to maintain same credit quality will be interesting for the
users. Our technique supports an interface between physical cash and e-crowns
As the physical cash is rapidly decreasing and risk becoming a supporting method of payment rather than basic
method of payment, the cost of infrastructure to maintain the physical cash may soon supersede the cost of
development of support for those who need cash the most. The cash users today may have disabilities or are not
to confident using technical equipment. We aim to simplify interfaces, devices and ways to identify yourself
through geometrical or numerical methods to meet their demands as well........

Hi revelacaogr,
This is very interesting news. I am searching for a cryptoplatform where i can start a similar project. I researched stratis (sidechains) ardor (childchains), komodo etc.

But do i understand correctly that you can start your own currency on IOTA with the characteristics that are shown in the link?

Cheers!
galio_ico

Activity: 190

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 04:19:00 AM

guys, how can I read transactions of IOTA in tangle??

Cubirez

Activity: 185

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 09:13:15 AM

guys, how can I read transactions of IOTA in tangle??

Hi,

If you look about a place where to look for the transactions carried out on the network :
https://iotasear.ch/
Koontas

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 10:03:24 AM

Is the reclaiming process still ongoin? I have reclaimed my IOTA coins 1,5 months ago and my balance is still zero.
Could you please contact me? Are my IOTAs lost now?!?? Sad

Don't trust any exchange!
Autumn

Activity: 101

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 10:17:26 AM

Wow what’s happening here? Suddenly it dropped very heavy and my order got filled and it even dropped much under that despite the BTC price not dropping that much. Any news?
Fluctuations in price are the charisma of digital currency, cheers for your successful buy-in, and I keep it in the car
ptrk

Activity: 137
Merit: 90

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 01:40:31 PM

Is the reclaiming process still ongoin? I have reclaimed my IOTA coins 1,5 months ago and my balance is still zero.
Could you please contact me? Are my IOTAs lost now?!?? Sad

The reclaim update thread on https://forum.helloiota.com/1242/Reclaim-Status says:

Status: All reclaims that were filed before December 24th have been processed. For those who didn't receive their reclaim, it's likely that you accidentally didn't get the final step confirmed. Please re-do the reclaim process and standby for an official announcement from the IOTA Foundation.
Updated Friday January 19, 2017

BrBoy

Activity: 453

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 04:02:37 PM

I'm so happy I've reloaded IOTA at $2.40! I Expect $4.50- $5.00 in February! I might sell half at $5 and keep the rest for a few months.
revelacaogr
Legendary

2009 Alea iacta est

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:08:06 PM

IOTA Attacked On January 19th, 2018 / IOTA Technology Is Secure

https://iota-news.com/iota-attack/

On January 19th, 2018, some IOTA users lost their funds to an unknown attacker. The good news: The IOTA technology is secure. The attacker did not leverage any vulnerability.

The root cause so this could happen was for users to rely on online generators to create their seeds. If you take only one thing away from this: Never, ever use online tools to generate your seeds.

The IOTA Foundation has been emphasising the importance of keeping your seed ultra secure from the very beginning.

But still, users apparently got tricked into using shady online generators.

From what I’ve heard, many users who lost their funds created their seeds at iotaseed.io (not linked here for obvious reasons). Chances are, the folks behind this and potentially other seed generators have sat tight for a while, collecting piles of seeds, though the actual numbers of users affected are not known to me. The fact, that iotaseed.io is still online at the time of this writing might suggest that the site got compromised itself, and its not the folks behind the service who ran the attack.

Yesterday night, the thieves started moving funds from the stolen seeds to their own.

In parallel, they orchestrated a distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack against many of the publicly known and popular IOTA fullnodes. In doing so, they prevented the victims from rescuing their funds. At times, you couldn’t find a single public node, to successfully log into and move your funds before the attackers could do so.

Over at IOTA.FM we run six of the most popular fullnodes. We openly publish their addresses on sites like iota.dance for users to connect with their light wallets. All of our nodes got attacked. The attackers seem to have scraped node addresses from many sources and ran a concentrated effort.

While I won’t go into the exact details of how the nodes were taken down, let me make a few remarks: The attackers did not leverage anything IOTA specific! This is super important. Because people who lost their funds might tell their friends, that IOTA is not secure, which couldn’t be more wrong......

iota1515

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:44:34 PM

Some good news from David Sønstebø on Discord Chanel:

''We can confirm that Johann Jungwirth, the Chief Digital Officer of Volkswagen AG is joining the IOTA Foundation. He will serve both as advisor, but also on the supervisory board where his experience and expertise will assist us in growing the IOTA Foundation into its full potential. More details to come about this relationship and other plans we have with VW to come shortly.''
djpitagora

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:00:44 PM

IOTA Attacked On January 19th, 2018 / IOTA Technology Is Secure

https://iota-news.com/iota-attack/

On January 19th, 2018, some IOTA users lost their funds to an unknown attacker. The good news: The IOTA technology is secure. The attacker did not leverage any vulnerability.

The root cause so this could happen was for users to rely on online generators to create their seeds. If you take only one thing away from this: Never, ever use online tools to generate your seeds.

The IOTA Foundation has been emphasising the importance of keeping your seed ultra secure from the very beginning.

But still, users apparently got tricked into using shady online generators.

From what I’ve heard, many users who lost their funds created their seeds at iotaseed.io (not linked here for obvious reasons). Chances are, the folks behind this and potentially other seed generators have sat tight for a while, collecting piles of seeds, though the actual numbers of users affected are not known to me. The fact, that iotaseed.io is still online at the time of this writing might suggest that the site got compromised itself, and its not the folks behind the service who ran the attack.

Yesterday night, the thieves started moving funds from the stolen seeds to their own.

In parallel, they orchestrated a distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack against many of the publicly known and popular IOTA fullnodes. In doing so, they prevented the victims from rescuing their funds. At times, you couldn’t find a single public node, to successfully log into and move your funds before the attackers could do so.

Over at IOTA.FM we run six of the most popular fullnodes. We openly publish their addresses on sites like iota.dance for users to connect with their light wallets. All of our nodes got attacked. The attackers seem to have scraped node addresses from many sources and ran a concentrated effort.

While I won’t go into the exact details of how the nodes were taken down, let me make a few remarks: The attackers did not leverage anything IOTA specific! This is super important. Because people who lost their funds might tell their friends, that IOTA is not secure, which couldn’t be more wrong......

the tutorials from iota used to reference a site to generate the seed (I think it was exactly that one - i don't remember for sure though). I know because it was a very big red flag for me a while back when i first bought into iota. Two way were listed to generate your seed: if you are on windows though that site, or if you are on linux you could use /dev/random. Luckily I'm running bash on windows so I did it the right way. Most people probably didn't. Not very user friendly. The wallet should have generated these. So I would put the hack on the mistakes of IOTA foundation, not the users.

Also, while there was no particular vulnerability in the protocol of fault here, it does show the architecture it's self that relies on light wallets is vulnerable. And it's a huge problem. A lone hacker was able to bring the network down easily. In other coins this doesn't happen because wallets either connect peer to peer or there is a big incentive to run a full node. The protocol will need to be upgraded to combat this problem or else iota will fail.
Pages: « 1 ... 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 [680] 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 ... 764 »
  Print  

Jump to: