Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:06:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Deja Vu - Bot Scripting IDE  (Read 2678 times)
bitfreak! (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1536
Merit: 1000

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2012, 03:43:03 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2012, 03:47:39 AM by bitfreak!

This is a little project I started on a few months ago and got side tracked. I started working on it again the other day and just finished applying the final touches. This application is basically a simple scripting IDE which allows programmers to develop their own custom trading bots very quickly.

Deja Vu is a Windows-only program (sorry) which provides a simple Pascal Script IDE with some syntax highlighting and basic debugging ability. The Pascal Script engine is proven to be a very flexible and powerful framework for creating robust macros and bots (see villavu.com for a good usage example).

Initially Deja Vu did have support for Mt. Gox and also TradeHill. Obviously TradeHill is no longer operational so the app only supports Mt. Gox now. TradeHill even had a test API which was extremely helpful, but Mt. Gox doesn't seem to have that. The only way to test your bots is to use the real API it seems.

Most functionality has been tested and appears to work fine but keep in mind this is an early beta release mainly for testing purposes. No trading scripts are provided in the package. I don't know what you want your script to do, and I don't want to hold any liabilities that may be associated with providing such scripts.

There are two main parts to this software. The executable application and a pascal script library which contains all the important bitcoin and trade related functions. The application its self is not open source, but it is free of charge and free to share (the license is the Creative Commons BY-ND 3.0).

The pascal script library (Bitcoin Resource Library or BRL) can be included into your scripts and provides the main trading functionality. This library is written in pascal script so its easy to edit and it's obviously open source. The reason I did it like this is so that BRL can be managed by other parties.

The truth is I don't know much about trading, with bitcoin or any other financial instrument. I've provided the basic groundwork (ability to place trades, cancel trades, get market depth, etc), now the Bitcoin Resource Library can be expanded by people who really know what functionality is needed.

That's why BRL is available to download as a separate package and not included with Deja Vu. If or when some one decides to start developing BRL as an open source project on sourceforge or something, I will stop offering the BRL files on my website and just point users to the open source project.

The official page for this software can be found on my website under the Bitcoin Tools section or you can simply click here. You can find further helpful information about using the Deja Vu software by looking under Help->Usage within the application menu. If you have any other questions or concerns please post them here.

Screen: [ view ]
Deja Vu: [ download ]
BRL: [ download ]

XCN: CYsvPpb2YuyAib5ay9GJXU8j3nwohbttTz | BTC: 18MWPVJA9mFLPFT3zht5twuNQmZBDzHoWF
Cryptonite - 1st mini-blockchain altcoin | BitShop - digital shop script
Web Developer - PHP, SQL, JS, AJAX, JSON, XML, RSS, HTML, CSS
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1072

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2012, 03:50:27 PM

If it is not open source then I suggest that no-one playing with it should put anything such as a password or an API user key into it unless they want to risk losing their BTC (sorry but that is just basic safety precaution).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
bitfreak! (OP)
Legendary

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2012, 04:00:29 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2012, 05:44:42 PM by bitfreak!

If it is not open source then I suggest that no-one playing with it should put anything such as a password or an API user key into it unless they want to risk losing their BTC (sorry but that is just basic safety precaution).

Actually that's a very legitimate concern and I didn't even think of that. If anyone want to develop an open source alternative then go right ahead. That's what happened in the Villavu community. They started with a closed-source application called SCAR and then they ended up creating their own app called Simba.

At this point I feel it's best to keep it closed-source for several reasons. If you don't want to trust me that is fine, but I have been around these parts for a while now and my website which has been online for close to a year now should be pretty good evidence I wouldn't do anything to harm the image of bitcoin.

I'm sure as many people start trying it out and no one reports any stolen bitcoins then all will be fine. In fact, if you're so worried, then run it in a sandbox or virtual environment and monitor its activity using Wireshark or something. Simple enough.

XCN: CYsvPpb2YuyAib5ay9GJXU8j3nwohbttTz | BTC: 18MWPVJA9mFLPFT3zht5twuNQmZBDzHoWF
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1072

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2012, 04:05:37 PM

Certainly I am not meaning to suggest that your software has been designed to be nefarious but I am really hoping that you might consider moving from closed source software to an open source model and consider that there are other ways to make money from software development.

My upcoming open source project may in fact be of help to you for this project (and others like it) so PM me if you are interested to know more.

Cheers,

Ian.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
bitfreak! (OP)
Legendary

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2012, 04:14:44 PM

I am really hoping that you might consider moving from closed source software to an open source model and consider that there are other ways to make money from software development.
I will certainly keep that in mind. It may become open source at some point in the future, but for now the license will remain the same.

My upcoming open source project may in fact be of help to you for this project (and others like it) so PM me if you are interested to know more.
Sure, send me some basic details about the project and I'll give you my thoughts if I find it relevant or interesting.

bitfreak! (OP)
Legendary

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2012, 08:46:00 AM
Last edit: November 05, 2012, 04:47:23 AM by bitfreak!

I just made a small fix to the application. If you were experiencing problems starting Deja Vu or viewing the Usage page, then try downloading Deja Vu again and it should work fine. Even if you're running a 64 bit system you still need to get the 32 bit version of OpenSSL otherwise you'll get the error "Could not load SSL library".

EDIT: just applied another small update (nothing critical). App has been updated to version 0.1.0.2 0.1.2.0.

bitfreak! (OP)
Legendary

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2012, 03:34:18 AM
Last edit: November 05, 2012, 04:47:38 AM by bitfreak!

Version 0.1.2.0 has been uploaded to my server (I thought I uploaded it the other day but apparently not).

I've also created an official Deja Vu page on my website:

http://bitfreak.info/?page=tools&t=dejavu

bitfreak! (OP)
Legendary

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2012, 06:10:34 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2012, 02:32:37 PM by bitfreak!

I just want to add one other thing for those people who might still be concerned about this software.

Deja Vu doesn't require your Mt. Gox password at all... all it needs is your API key and secret.

Even if there was some sort of logger in the software, I wouldn't be able to access your Mt. Gox account.

I could trade with your bitcoins and possibly sell them to myself at a low price, not sure how hard that would be though.

Of course if you had the withdrawal option enabled I could steal your bitcoins, but I would recommend always having that disabled.

In any case it's easy enough to test the software in a sandbox environment if you're really concerned.

edossa

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 11:03:52 AM

Hi
how can i have the source?

Thanks
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1054

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2017, 10:43:20 PM

Hi
how can i have the source?

Thanks

Try contacting the OP through a personal message, the thread is very, very old and OP is unlikely to see it anytime soon.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: