Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:00:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IQ Testing  (Read 2929 times)
dx5

Activity: 303
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 08:55:21 PM

Bitcointalk feels like tommorowland  Cheesy Roll Eyes

Btw. An iq-test measures the intrinsic abilities of your brain.
A proper iq test would be even solveable by people who neither can read nor do maths.

E.g. you could take some amazonian native who dont know anything about modern society and test them.

You dont need any language or math skills - it is not about knowledge, but about pattern recognition and logical thinking.

Also low iq people wont be able to be an einstein but high iq people have the chance to be an einstein.

This is more accurate in theory of how it's supposed to be. Though when I was a kid and a professional gave me an IQ test, there are parts that deal with general knowledge and how well the person has picked up on it. Things that you pick up in culture and society. Intelligent people are more curious than less intelligent people, so there are some general knowledge things that come across throughout life, but the less curious person will not pick up due to never concerning themselves with more than superficial simple things.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 10:56:08 AM

It is better to take a test with a psychologist than an online test.

Yeah that's true.

You can't rely on online test when it comes to any test concerning your body and mind.

bvalis

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 12:56:34 PM

for what i know, one of the few good test are that one provided by mensa organization.
really didn't take it but from what i know they are dealing also with IQ test for themselves to get the high IQ involved into they organization.
you can search and take that test or establish a meeting with them.
cheers!
inlovewith

Activity: 257
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 10:40:25 PM

It means nothing. It's an internet IQ test. You have to pay a professional to administer it to you and then have it grade it by someone with a high degree. When ever there's an IQ test talk, the average IQ I always here claimed from people who took an internet IQ test is of superior and genius level. Does that makes sense when the average IQ is supposed to be 100?
Kava

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

https://saturn.black

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 09:34:53 PM

It means nothing. It's an internet IQ test. You have to pay a professional to administer it to you and then have it grade it by someone with a high degree. When ever there's an IQ test talk, the average IQ I always here claimed from people who took an internet IQ test is of superior and genius level. Does that makes sense when the average IQ is supposed to be 100?

I also believe that the Internet - the tests may not be accurate. This approximate results. Calculated mainly on average intelligence

vantyzz

Activity: 274

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 06:42:40 PM

If you have such good results, then surely you will find an excellent job and open your own business. you probably have a lot of interesting ideas?
Hung_Daddy

Activity: 123

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 10:11:02 PM

Lol dude stop measuring intelligence based on IQ tests, they mean nothing

Read some articles on the matter though
Sundark

Activity: 560
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 12:02:31 AM

Can you share a link to some legit online IQ tests? I tried to search for something like that but all I managed to find is crappy tests where to see final result you have to send SMS
Is there an official Mensa tests online or other reputable organisation?
ZACHM

Activity: 777
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 12:08:57 AM

Did you try this one that was specifically mentioned twice (now three times) and quoted four times in this thread?
http://www.my-iq.net/
 Wink
TooQik

Activity: 337
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 03:02:03 AM

Did you try this one that was specifically mentioned twice (now three times) and quoted four times in this thread?
 Wink

Thought I'd give this link a go for a laugh....scored 136. I'm sure I used to be much smarter.  Angry
Sundark

Activity: 560
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 11:28:18 PM

Wink

Thought I'd give this link a go for a laugh....scored 136. I'm sure I used to be much smarter.  Angry
Maybe there is something wrong with this short test. I scored 136 as well with 17/20 questions being correct.
This test is more like a party fun test than real IQ test with hundreds of questions anyway.
adolfdeurman

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 09:34:40 AM

you are a genius person man
bravo
Red John

Activity: 163

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 09:52:40 AM

Almost all online IQ testing sites are definetely fake. Don't trust them, better to go and take a real test.
TooQik

Activity: 337
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 12:04:28 PM

Wink

Maybe there is something wrong with this short test. I scored 136 as well with 17/20 questions being correct.
This test is more like a party fun test than real IQ test with hundreds of questions anyway.
Yeah, I wasn't taking the result seriously...my last comment was tongue-in-cheek.
drakker

Activity: 303

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 02:09:44 PM

Usually there are numerous tests online !Most of them are fake and some of them maybe legit,the best way to come to conclusion is you can giving the test on multiple sites and see what they saw ,if the all under same digits then maybe thats your IQ or else I'll suggest you to take a test from a Uni or something .http://www.my-iq.net/ you can give this site a try and check what they say.As far as your score 137 is concerned Depending on which scale your intelligence was measured on, it means you're either gifted or very gifted.

But to be precise, certainly in terms of knowing what percentile you fall into, you need to be specific as to what scale your IQ was measured on.  There is a significant difference; for example:

A Stanford-Binet IQ of 137 represents a 98.96 percentile.
A Cattell IQ of 137 represents a 94.09 percentile.
A Wechsler (WAIS) IQ of 137 represents a 99.26 percentile.

I took the test without help online and I got 128. Is it an average IQ? But I also skip one question because I did not know the answer. Its pretty hard though but it all went well. Reasoning is quiet challenging for me. Can you tell me about my score?
picasoamberlin

Activity: 17

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 10:19:13 AM

take the test in the right place is better than test from online
epsonsupport

Activity: 1

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 10:03:20 AM

Hey!
      I agree with all the users, well discussion by you. https://epsontechsupport.net/epson/
Thanks for sharing your thought.
bettie66

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 09:34:51 PM

Online tests don't mean anything. It's just a random number
jk_14
Legendary

Activity: 1292
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 10:34:47 PM

IQ predicts absolutely fuck all. Furthermore, the tests can be trained for and people who were previously exposed to even remotely similar problems are going to perform better on average as well.
huntybunty

Activity: 52
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 01:35:36 AM

Most IQ tests use standard scores, with an average of 100 and a standard deviation of 15, meaning that a score of 137 is more than 2 standard deviations above the mean (i.e., above the 98th percentile). Its a very high score! The quality of the test is entirely dependent on the quality of the normative sample. Clinical IQ tests (WAIS, WISC) are administered to thousands of people to determine norms for different age and education groups. Tests you find online are fun, but not developed with the same rigor, validity, or reliability.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: