Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:07:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2015-10-22] CD:BTC Groups and Law Enforcement Unite to Form Blockchain Alliance  (Read 424 times)
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2015, 02:46:03 PM

Bitcoin Groups and Law Enforcement Unite to Form Blockchain Alliance

A group of digital currency companies and organizations, as well as a number of US law enforcement agencies, are establishing a new public-private forum in a bid to foster communication and education between the government and industry stakeholders.

Dubbed the Blockchain Alliance, the initiative is being spearheaded by Coin Center and the Chamber of Digital Commerce, with support from a range of companies including: BitFury, BitFinex, BitGo, Bitnet, Bitstamp, Blockchain, Circle, Coinbase, CoinX, itBit, Kraken, Noble Markets and Xapo. The Alliance will also draw support from several bitcoin developers and the MIT Digital Currency Initiative’s Brian Forde.

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-groups-and-law-enforcement-unite-to-form-blockchain-alliance/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2015, 03:25:51 PM

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/prominent-bitcoin-industry-players-form-blockchain-alliance-to-combat-criminal-activity-1445522501

gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1009

Ad maiora!

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 04:49:34 PM

man, i am happy for this... Ive been scammed out of a LOT of BTC in the past and what made it even worse is there was so little recourse... the money's just GONE. I dream about law enforcement being able to trace transactions effectively to the offending parties one day. If they ever figure it out the blockchain trail will be there awaiting.
notthematrix
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 06:08:59 PM

man, i am happy for this... Ive been scammed out of a LOT of BTC in the past and what made it even worse is there was so little recourse... the money's just GONE. I dream about law enforcement being able to trace transactions effectively to the offending parties one day. If they ever figure it out the blockchain trail will be there awaiting.

Most of the will swap from Dice (darkcoin) effectively going off blockchain , and yes that wil iliminate back tracing.
I can imagine they do this for the sataus quo.
but will not be very effective if you want to hide in btc you can.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███