Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:25:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptsy Secretly Banned TheGrammarHammer  (Read 4292 times)
Malooka
Copper Member

Activity: 289
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 01:14:35 AM

I am happy to report that after 64+ hours, my substantial BTC withdrawal finally came through from Cryptsy. I hope this gives hope to others who might be concerned while waiting for a withdrawal to process.

I have just now initiated another smaller withdrawal (just shy of 1 BTC) in order to test how long it takes. I will keep you all posted on the progress of that.

Glad for you, but it doesn't give me hope as I've been waiting well over 72 hours by this point.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TGH (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 01:51:13 AM

Glad for you, but it doesn't give me hope as I've been waiting well over 72 hours by this point.

I assume you are properly verified and/or within your daily limits?...

I am very sorry to hear that. I am beginning to wonder if making a bunch of noise is the answer. It does not seem fair that I would have received my withdrawal before you received yours, but please illuminate me if there is any other reason you think that might have happened.

LeChatNoir

Activity: 699
Merit: 501

Coinpanion.io - Copy Successful Crypto Traders

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2015, 06:56:56 AM

I am happy to report that after 64+ hours, my substantial BTC withdrawal finally came through from Cryptsy. I hope this gives hope to others who might be concerned while waiting for a withdrawal to process.

I have just now initiated another smaller withdrawal (just shy of 1 BTC) in order to test how long it takes. I will keep you all posted on the progress of that.

GL man!
I've been waiting 25 days for 3 different coins withdrawals and 11 days since i sent documents for my verification.
No coins, no verification and not even a credible explanation from them by now.
I'm trying to contact them every day via support, chat, PM in this forum but nothing, they just ignore me!

Arrakeen

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Offer escrow, receive negative trust

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 07:00:10 AM

GL man!
I've been waiting 25 days for 3 different coins withdrawals and 11 days since i sent documents for my verification.
No coins, no verification and not even a credible explanation from them by now.
I'm trying to contact them every day via support, chat, PM in this forum but nothing, they just ignore me!

Seems like you need to create a huge shitstorm & call them out as TGH did.  That site's a joke, as are their shills.
LeChatNoir

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2015, 09:26:16 AM

Seems like you need to create a huge shitstorm & call them out as TGH did.  That site's a joke, as are their shills.

That's what i'm trying to do but it's not working very well.

Many many shills, look at all those 3 posts users who intervene and seem to have only good words for Cryptsy, what a shame!

I've been trading with craptsy for 2 years and i've had i think at least 20 types of different issues, most of them were withdrawal related.

What's the purpose of adding hundreds of shitcoins when you clearly don't have the skills to run properly more then 3 wallets?

BigVern looks really really dumb to me, i'm not saying that these people should be jailed but i seriously think they deserve at least to go bankrupt!

rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 10:42:58 AM

u should withdraw everything u have and dont make any new deposits there
LeChatNoir

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2015, 12:10:28 PM

u should withdraw everything u have and dont make any new deposits there

Yes you definitely should lucky bitch.

TGH (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 07:17:34 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2015, 11:22:54 PM by TGH

So after Mt. Gox and MintPal and now things are not looking good with Cryptsy, is there any site who can be trusted?

That's a good question. Here's a basic list of alternative alt-coin options you can look into should your issues persist:

bittrex.com
poloniex.com
cryptopia.co.nz
c-cex.com
yobit.net

I encourage you to do more research into each of those exchanges on your own.

From that above list, I have personally only ever used Poloniex, C-cex and Bittrex. I will say that on all three of those exchanges, I have never had a single problem withdrawing money when I wanted. In most cases, the transactions showed up on my end practically instantly.

I will also warn that before making any deposits, it would be a good idea for you to spend some time watching the specific markets you are interested in move for a while on different exchanges to familiarize yourself with what volumes you would be able to easily liquidate (and on what exchange). Every exchange is different for different coins. You should always familiarize yourself with which exchange is doing the most volume on a particular coin to get a true idea of what prices should be before making any big moves (or going through the hassle of and paying any fees for depositing/withdrawing).
btcprice

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 07:33:29 PM

Still no withdrawal. Now they've stopped replying to my emails. Not looking good.

I still don't have my withdrawal yet either.  I am now 63 hours stuck in pending with no transaction ID.

Still no withdrawal. Still stuck in Pending with no transaction ID.

I put in a request for withdrawal on the the 22nd.

No replies from Cryptsy to my daily emails.
btcprice

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 07:39:30 PM

BigVern looks really really dumb to me, i'm not saying that these people should be jailed but i seriously think they deserve at least to go bankrupt!
Well, when I learned the owner call him self "BigVern" I laugh up loud, seriously? Is this inferiority complex or illusions of grandeur ??

That's exactly what I think whenever I see someone preface their name with "Big". It screams "I'm so inferior I have to pump myself up by using a label to make myself look good."

When I was having problems with Craptsy back in 2013/2014 "Big Vern" showed a picture of his company's server setup. It was a bank of just a few server that processed millions of transactions. No wonder they have so many problems. I shudder to think what would have happened had they not backed up their servers and lost their clients' money. They have to have millions of dollars worth of coins on site.
TGH (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 07:47:49 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2015, 11:32:48 PM by TGH

Still no withdrawal. Now they've stopped replying to my emails. Not looking good.

I still don't have my withdrawal yet either.  I am now 63 hours stuck in pending with no transaction ID.

Withdrawal on 2015-10-22 21:02:15.

That totally stinks, and I am very sorry to hear that. I received my last substantial withdrawal of slightly less than a BTC this morning. My original request for that was put in yesterday. That leaves me with very little money on Cryptsy at the moment (around $50). I'm not sure what to tell you, but here is everything I did:

1. I waited for about 8 - 12  hours before opening any support tickets for each withdrawal. I kept any writing in my support tickets short and to the point. I also tried to be polite, for the most part. Additionally, I never opened more than one support ticket for each individual withdrawal issue. In other words, I never had more than one unresolved support ticket open at any given time.

2. I frequently mentioned I was having long-term issues in the chatbox, as well as handed my ticket #s off to every admin that appeared. I also intermixed this with normal chatter. I wasn't a broken record, and I wasn't persistently annoying (maybe a little, though). If an admin told me my problem was being looked into, I would leave it at that until another 12 hours passed with no resolution. Then, I would mention it again. If you go to mention your issue again 12 hours later, it might help if you do this with the same admin you mentioned it to previously. That way, they might start to feel a true sense of urgency that nothing has been done yet. Also, by the 60th hour of doing this, there really isn't much an admin can say to defend the issue. It is clearly just ridiculous to everyone at that point. Additionally, if I was receiving a broken record answer from admins in the chatbox, I would politely probe with more specific questions to attempt to gain more clarity on the situation, as well as make them accountable for what they were telling me.

3. I made every effort to be polite, unless what I was being told was so ridiculous that I couldn't help but cry, "Bullshit!" That only happened once, however. You can read that story here... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1217578.msg12775249#msg12775249

4. I'm not sure if this one matters or not, but I never tried to do more than one withdrawal at a time. I put in the withdrawal request and then waited until I actually received the withdrawal before putting in the next withdrawal request. It took me just about a week to get my money off Cryptsy. I was also 100% in BTC while I did all this, and I don't know if that made it any easier or harder.

5. Keep a detailed record of what you are being told and when, including things that are said in the chatbox. That gives you future ammunition to support your claim that your problem is long-standing, for both public and private use later, should that become necessary. Also keep a detailed record of your pending withdrawal requests and the dates and times you confirmed those requests by email.

6. Make some noise! I created this bitcointalk thread and then took a few steps to publicize its existence. The only steps I took to publicize were sending a friend in with the link after I had been secretly banned and then my own mentioning the link to this thread in the chatbox one other time, when I knew some of Cryptsy's regular heavyweight traders were around, to make sure they knew there was a problem (and that this thread existed). Those were the only public mentions coming from my own efforts (and the friend who helped me initially). A few other people then picked up the link and spread it from there. It's not like I had a following here at Bitcointalk to begin with. My first post ever here was the OP of this thread. It really does go to show you the potential power of social media.

If all that sounds like a royal pain in the ass, it is! No one should be made to feel those steps are necessary just to have access to their money.

I find it funny thinking that I never would have gone through the effort to create this thread if Cryptsy hadn't used the crappy tactic of secretly banning me in the first place, when all I was doing was politely complaining about a very real, long-term problem that was ENTIRELY their fault. Now, this thread is quickly rising toward 1,200 reads.

I believe most of the regularly appearing chatbox admins do not have the personal power to immediately solve your problem but would likely help you immediately, IF they were able. In particular, the first people that come to mind in that category are Horus, DCGirl, GreenLion and Nordman, though there are a few more. About those aforementioned people, I don't have a single complaint, and I do believe the actual solving of withdrawal issues is not in their hands. If pressed to critique them, they should often replace their sometimes seemingly blind defense of Cryptsy with simple apologies, as well as allow those apologies to flow freely. If I had to choose one of those people to run something higher up the ladder, I would personally choose Horus, but that is just my opinion. He has been there the longest, and I believe he is an actual employee of Cryptsy.
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 08:03:16 PM

So after Mt. Gox and MintPal and now things are not looking good with Cryptsy, is there any site who can be trusted?

That's a good question. Here's a basic list of alternative alt-coin options you can look into should your issues persist:

bittrex.com
poloniex.com
cryptopia.co.nz
c-cex.com
yobit.net

One thing to keep in mind is that, so far, I believe all of those above exchanges have been hacked at some point. Cryptsy stands alone in that they have never experienced a widespread hack that anyone knows of. I also half-heartedly believe the end result of most of the above-mentioned hacks were that users were paid back what they lost, but I am not 100% sure that is true. If that concerns you (which it should), you should do more research on your own. I encourage you to do more research on your own.

From that above list, I have personally only ever used Poloniex, C-cex, and Bittrex. I will say that on all three of those exchanges, I have never had a single problem withdrawing money when I wanted. In most cases, the transactions showed up on my end practically instantly.

I will also warn that before making any deposits, it would be a good idea for you to spend some time watching the specific markets you are interested in move for a while on different exchanges to familiarize yourself with what volumes you would be able to easily liquidate (and on what exchange). Every exchange is different for different coins. You should always familiarize yourself with which exchange is doing the most volume on a particular coin to get a true idea of what prices should be before making any big moves (or going through the hassle of and paying any fees for depositing/withdrawing).

This was discussed in another cryptsy thread.  Richie says bittrex has never been hacked.  And while some of those other exchanges have no doubt been hacked I do not believe that all of them have.  Also keep in mind, Bitstamp has been hacked.  So whether or not an exchange has been hacked is not necessarily the same thing as saying the exchange is solvent or fair or operating with integrity or anything else.
TGH (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 08:11:55 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2015, 09:51:30 PM by TGH

This was discussed in another cryptsy thread.  Richie says bittrex has never been hacked.  And while some of those other exchanges have no doubt been hacked I do not believe that all of them have.  Also keep in mind, Bitstamp has been hacked.  So whether or not an exchange has been hacked is not necessarily the same thing as saying the exchange is solvent or fair or operating with integrity or anything else.

Those are great points. Thank you for making them. I completely agree "whether or not an exchange has been hacked is not necessarily the same thing as saying the exchange is solvent or fair or operating with integrity or anything else."

I think, if any one of those things, this thread is about an exchange operating with integrity (or not).

I will also revise the post you mentioned to avoid the potential of misinforming anyone.
btcprice

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 09:08:49 PM

That totally stinks, and I am very sorry to hear that. I received my last substantial withdrawal of slightly less than a BTC this morning. My original request for that was put in yesterday. That leaves me with very little money on Cryptsy at the moment (around $50). I'm not sure what to tell you, but here is everything I did:

1. I waited for about 8 - 12  hours before opening any support tickets for each withdrawal. I kept any writing in my support tickets short and to the point. I also tried to be polite, for the most part. Additionally, I never opened more than one support ticket for each individual withdrawal issue. In other words, I never had more than one unresolved support ticket open at any given time.

2. I frequently mentioned I was having long-term issues in the chatbox, as well as handed my ticket #s off to every admin that appeared. I also intermixed this with normal chatter. I wasn't a broken record, and I wasn't persistently annoying (maybe a little, though). If an admin told me my problem was being looked into, I would leave it at that until another 12 hours passed with no resolution. Then, I would mention it again. If you go to mention your issue again 12 hours later, it might help if you do this with the same admin you mentioned it to previously. That way, they might start to feel a true sense of urgency that nothing has been done yet. Also, by the 60th hour of doing this, there really isn't much an admin can say to defend the issue. It is clearly just ridiculous to everyone at that point. Additionally, if I was receiving a broken record answer from admins in the chatbox, I would politely probe with more specific questions to attempt to gain more clarity on the situation, as well as make them accountable for what they were telling me.

3. I made every effort to be polite, unless what I was being told was so ridiculous that I couldn't help but cry, "Bullshit!" That only happened once, however. You can read that story here... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1217578.msg12775249#msg12775249

4. I'm not sure if this one matters or not, but I never tried to do more than one withdrawal at a time. I put in the withdrawal request and then waited until I actually received the withdrawal before putting in the next withdrawal request. It took me just about a week to get my money off Cryptsy. I was also 100% in BTC while I did all this, and I don't know if that made it any easier or harder.

5. Keep a detailed record of what you are being told and when, including things that are said in the chatbox. That gives you future ammunition to support your claim that your problem is long-standing, for both public and private use later, should that become necessary. Also keep a detailed record of your pending withdrawal requests and the dates and times you confirmed those requests by email.

6. Make some noise! I created this bitcointalk thread and then took a few steps to publicize its existence. The only steps I took to publicize were sending a friend in with the link after I had been secretly banned and then my own mentioning the link to this thread in the chatbox one other time, when I knew some of Cryptsy's regular heavyweight traders were around, to make sure they knew there was a problem (and that this thread existed). Those were the only public mentions coming from my own efforts (and the friend who helped me initially). A few other people then picked up the link and spread it from there. It's not like I had a following here at Bitcointalk to begin with. My first post ever here was the OP of this thread. It really does go to show you the potential power of social media.

If all that sounds like a royal pain in the ass, it is! No one should be made to feel those steps are necessary just to have access to their money.

I find it funny thinking that I never would have gone through the effort to create this thread if Cryptsy hadn't used the crappy tactic of secretly banning me in the first place, when all I was doing was politely complaining about a very real, long-term problem that was ENTIRELY their fault. Now, this thread is quickly rising toward 1,200 reads.

I believe most of the regularly appearing chatbox admins do not have the personal power to immediately solve your problem but would likely help you immediately, IF they were able. In particular, the first people that come to mind in that category are Horus, DCGirl, GreenLion and Nordman, though there are a few more. About those aforementioned people, I don't have a single complaint, and I do believe the actual solving of withdrawal issues is not in their hands. If pressed to critique them, they should often replace their sometimes seemingly blind defense of Cryptsy with simple apologies, as well as allow those apologies to flow freely. If I had to choose one of those people to run something higher up the ladder, I would personally choose Horus, but that is just my opinion. He has been there the longest, and I believe he is an actual employee of Cryptsy.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I heard from Cryptsy today. They said my transaction was "stuck" so they cancelled it and asked me to try again. Why couldn't they have done that shortly after my transaction didn't go through on the 22nd??? It's because they are incompetent, that's why.

I tried again and had the same result of the withdrawal getting stuck. I then converted some Cryptsy points into BTC and sent 0.01 BTC and it went through. Then I tried to send the rest and it got stuck.

I created my own thread so more people can find out how much of a problem this exchange is.
btcprice

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 05:28:34 PM

I still don't have my withdrawal yet either.  I am now 63 hours stuck in pending with no transaction ID.

1. I waited for about 8 - 12  hours before opening any support tickets for each withdrawal. I kept any writing in my support tickets short and to the point. I also tried to be polite, for the most part. Additionally, I never opened more than one support ticket for each individual withdrawal issue. In other words, I never had more than one unresolved support ticket open at any given time.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I heard from Cryptsy today. They said my transaction was "stuck" so they cancelled it and asked me to try again. Why couldn't they have done that shortly after my transaction didn't go through on the 22nd??? It's because they are incompetent, that's why.

I tried again and had the same result of the withdrawal getting stuck. I then converted some Cryptsy points into BTC and sent 0.01 BTC and it went through. Then I tried to send the rest and it got stuck.

I created my own thread so more people can find out how much of a problem this exchange is.

Just to let everyone else know. I started my own thread and was able to get all my BTC finally transferred. It took several attempts at withdrawing. I had 3 separate withdrawals and 1 went through right away, a second went through a few hours later and finally the third withdrawal went through after a day.

I think I will start a new thread on any issues in the future but thanks for letting me add to your thread.
wayayo

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 06:42:15 PM

It is better to keep advocate on behalf of u if  then it is true going dear..
shitalsmenon

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 07:07:50 AM

Only thing now is to :- do remember all the Cryptsy team , Cryptsy fanboyz and devs that were along/supporting in this show all the time together for future such events be caught quickly ! As its the same people making making GOX show repeat again and again ! Specially the fanboyz who where telling i totally trust Cryptsy and they never go poof ! Similar to Garza fanboys ! Without this fanboyz, truth would have came out pretty soon ! Blind dumb herd mentality followers !
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: