Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 02:24:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Really reliable bitcoin domain registrar  (Read 3931 times)
Fking (OP)

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 07:55:55 PM

I want to buy a .com with bitcoin but need a really reliable registrar someone that's been around for a while and has been used by some members here without any problems.

If there is any please share your impressions with them and who they resell.

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Topazan

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 08:19:48 PM

I use cinfu.com.  Never had any problems with them.

Save the last bitcoin for me!
bytedisorder

Activity: 489
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2012, 02:57:56 PM

My company Bitronic Technologies is selling domain names, we accept bitcoin. We also have over 200 satisfied repeat customers and have been in business since 2007.

If you need anything don't hesitate to open a support ticket.
Fking (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 06:43:52 PM

who are you reselling?
What's the best way to setup my whois with you so it's as anonymous and as safe as possible?
jfreak53

Activity: 298
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2012, 06:55:31 PM

Microtronix - https://clients.microtronix-tech.com

We've been in business for 10 years and have offices in 2 countries of the world Wink

█ █ microtronixdc.com - Performance VPS, Dedicated Servers, Colocation, Full-Rack options!
Massive Network Bandwidth options with Fiber throughout! Always-On DDoS Mitigation for all traffic!
bytedisorder

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2012, 07:27:17 PM

We are reselling for Enom, you can use whatever details you wish if you are paying with bitcoin, just be aware ICANN has policies on that (we of course have no control over ICANN policies). If you want to use real details and just not have them be visible to the public we do offer ID protect.

Every domain registration is required to have accurate contact information (WHOIS data) associated with it (According to ICANN).  Data miners crawl the public WHOIS database for this information and sell it to marketing firms and advertising agencies, which can result in both spam and junk mail to your home.  ID Protect hides your accurate contact information and stores it in a secure location, protecting your personal information without risking the suspension of the domain’s registration.
Fking (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 08:56:00 PM

Ok, since we have to registrars  in the thread i'l use the chance to ask this as well.
Most of the registrars are resellers of enom, moniker or tucows, right?
What happens if

a. we don't have real info in the whois and the registrar owner decides a domain is lucrative and takes it for himself by removing it from the client's control panel and pointing to his own nameservers. I suppose there is absolutely nothing the client can do to take it back?

b.  the client has entered his real info, using whois protection (or not) but the registrar owner changes that info to his (or other) and does the same as in A.

While most registrars will never do that, there are some small and shady ones, especially in the anonymous domains niche, where that seems like possibility. (not pointing to you guys in any way, just looking for opinions from people inside the business)
After all if you can profit millions for example from acquiring domain like that, a lot of people will be tempted, right?
jfreak53

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2012, 10:34:31 PM

As long as the company is using a REAL RESELLER account at Enom or the like they cannot just MOVE a domain between users on their account. They too have to run the transfer command. And though a reseller CAN in fact change the WhoIS data on ANY domain at ANY time without warning, they too have to abide by transfer rules of the system they are selling for, the API of the system. Most system's require you wait 30 days after changing contact or technical contact info to transfer to someone else. If you change that info the domain then becomes locked in most real systems and you CANNOT transfer. And also most systems have it automatic that when an email address is changed in WhoIS data it emails the old address to let them know.

So in theory if you have a domain with a company that has a true reseller account at a reputable company like Enom and you at least use a REAL email address to register with, in theory they cannot just transfer away from you with you realizing it first. You would get an email stating that your contact info had changed first. Then you would have 30 days to login to refute that information and get your domain to someone else before they could do it again, in that case you can give them up to their upstream and the gig would be up.

So in theory as long as you pick a good company that has a real reseller account or is in fact an ICANN accredited domain seller you don't have anything to worry about. Just make sure to use a real email address or a forwarding account so you know.

Use a real company, like us Wink

█ █ microtronixdc.com - Performance VPS, Dedicated Servers, Colocation, Full-Rack options!
Massive Network Bandwidth options with Fiber throughout! Always-On DDoS Mitigation for all traffic!
Fking (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 10:37:35 PM

That's very useful info, thank you!
And last question would be, how can you check if a company has real enom reseller account?
(can they have reseller account with someone else?)
jfreak53

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2012, 10:54:50 PM

Well you just have to know who the big reseller companies are first, Enom, Tucows, Moniker (sort of), OpenSRS, NetEarthOne, ResellerClub (I think those are the only big ones :S, drawing a blank if there are others ha ha, oh yeah GoDaddy (*sticking out toungue!!*)).

Then just find a domain or two that they have registered through their company and do a WhoIS search. Most WhoIS data contains reseller information if there is any. NOW JUST FOR THE RECORD, 80% of all reseller panels ALLOW the reseller to remove reseller information, so it's up to them if they do or not.

But Enom for instance has a list that you can check if someone resell's from them. I don't remember where it's at since it's been a few years, but they do have a searchable list of authorized Enom reseller's somewhere on their site. Tucows use to have the same but I'm not sure now.

bytedisorder

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2012, 01:56:59 AM

Jfreak pretty much covered all of the bases there, sorry I was AFK for a while.

Although I will append that Bitronic Technologies is also a real company. A sole proprietorship based in Suffolk County, NY.

We have over 200 satisfied repeat customers and have been in business since 2007.
jfreak53

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2012, 02:26:09 AM

Although I will append that Bitronic Technologies is also a real company. A sole proprietorship based in Suffolk County, NY.

We have over 200 satisfied repeat customers and have been in business since 2007.

Sorry, didn't mean to say you guys weren't Wink. I was just stating that there are a few that are not and to find out who is at least a real reseller that would help, since that's what he was looking for Smiley

Also bytedisorder, nice prices Wink

bytedisorder

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2012, 07:54:22 AM

Well I am running a special, domain names for only $9.99/0.95BTC using the promo code 9btc at checkout, or a free domain name with an annual hosting purchase using the promo code freedom

In the case of the latter you get a domain name and hosting for a year for only 19.99.

Jfreak, lets but SOPA supporting "NoDaddy" out of business!
Luceo

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 12:29:19 PM

We're offering true anonymous domain registration for Bitcoin. How this works is that you send payment to us, we never take your details, we then register your domain using an offshore Asian provider (they are a webnic reseller) using their business details as your WHOIS information.

We do not allow people to register domains this way for illegal purposes, if you're doing something illegal you could have your domain shut off, but we will not (and do not have the ability to) divulge your details to anybody.

As a summary:
- We do NOT simply hide your details in storage, then make them available at the first sniff of a lawyer.
- We do NOT falsify your details, making it possible for ICANN to remove the domain.

You still have full control over your domain, you can transfer it at any time as normal, and you have control of DNS records etc via our control panel. This isn't the cheapest option on the market, but it is the only option by which you are completely anonymous.

Check us out: Fennec Internet Services.

Fking (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 01:56:59 PM

Sorry, didn't mean to say you guys weren't Wink. I was just stating that there are a few that are not and to find out who is at least a real reseller that would help, since that's what he was looking for Smiley

Also bytedisorder, nice prices Wink

where are you guys based?
jfreak53

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2012, 02:11:18 PM

We are based out of Toledo Ohio, but we have offices also in Guatemala, C.A.

bytedisorder

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2012, 05:54:49 PM

Bitronic Technologies is based on Long Island, N.Y. we host in datacenters both here in NY and in Tampa, FL (Both USA). If you are looking to buy domain names with bitcoin, keep us in mind. Smiley
Fking (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 08:01:28 PM

what im honestly wondering right now is, is there any difference if you register it with us or non-us based company if they all resell from US based companies and even if they aren't ICANN is US based?
So if you go with non-us reseller, i suppose the potential court order will just go to Enom or whoever they are reselling, right?
Are there non-us based direct sellers like Enom?
Can the court order go directly to ICANN in such case? Smiley

a lot of question i know, but it's interesting stuff!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: