Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:11:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [feature request] public lists  (Read 1002 times)
nihilnegativum (OP)

Activity: 432
Merit: 251

––Δ͘҉̀░░

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2015, 10:17:31 PM

I think it would be cool to give the users ability to create custom lists and invite other users to it, the lists would be a publicly displayed ledger of members, and would appear below the avatar when posting on forum.  Maybe the list could also have a trust rating as a sum of the trust rating of members. This would improve the trust ranking, that now only apply to the individual and give some of its functionality to group projects, so people that aren't very active on the forum could still participate as trusted members of specific projects and could be used to express support for the project.

Thoughts?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitcoin revo
Legendary

Activity: 1168
Merit: 1049

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 10:44:33 PM

I'm assuming that you are referring to forum groups? Lists makes it seem like you're making a database of users and that's it.

I can see why you would want this... IMO, this isn't really needed. Maybe there are some cases that it would be handy, but it would lead to problems (impersonations of highly respected groups, etc.) and personally, I think that not many users would do it. Look around; do you see many people that are part of a group? Not really.

If it was to be implemented, I'd say at least get rid of the trust rating sum thing. I don't see much of a use for it and it could be taken advantage of (a potential scammer finding his way into a group with a high accumulated trust rating, and then using that to scam people without the need to get those DT trust points and wait a while).
nihilnegativum (OP)

Activity: 432
Merit: 251

––Δ͘҉̀░░

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 09:37:36 AM

I'm assuming that you are referring to forum groups? Lists makes it seem like you're making a database of users and that's it.

I can see why you would want this... IMO, this isn't really needed. Maybe there are some cases that it would be handy, but it would lead to problems (impersonations of highly respected groups, etc.) and personally, I think that not many users would do it. Look around; do you see many people that are part of a group? Not really.

If it was to be implemented, I'd say at least get rid of the trust rating sum thing. I don't see much of a use for it and it could be taken advantage of (a potential scammer finding his way into a group with a high accumulated trust rating, and then using that to scam people without the need to get those DT trust points and wait a while).
Yes, groups would probably be a better term. I'm sure there would be a lot of problems with it, but problems can be solved. I also think almost everyone would use it, much like signatures, if not for themselves for payment. What would be different from the signatures would be that the user creating the group would have some responsibility for it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: