Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:07:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [BARR] The Only Cryptocurrency earned 100% by Multi-Proof-of-Burn  (Read 39266 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BARR_Official (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 01:06:08 AM

11 Billion coins is a lot.

The percentage is a little higher if you don't count the charity funds, which are 10% of all Bunnycoins and have never been in circulation.

It is possible that some charity coins are in circulation as anyone could create a charity address and get it voted to receive a cut.

Over 9.91658% of all Bunnycoins are in these 4 charity addresses which have never sent a transaction:

http://www.multifaucet.tk/index.php?address=BUNNchakzhDiRBVfKcykvxcz3Wh1mm6op3&blockexplorer=BUN

http://www.multifaucet.tk/index.php?address=BUNNchaiaxxaS3DEcb894TomLT3VxxCcmK&blockexplorer=BUN

http://www.multifaucet.tk/index.php?address=BUNNcha7eXm4gRBAwtysc5ppvp9zJueuB9&blockexplorer=BUN

http://www.multifaucet.tk/index.php?address=BUNNchaR2YYLMYEAtyC8h3oPyhG5LLWY2y&blockexplorer=BUN

So if there was another charity address that has already sent coins into circulation, the maximum possible amount would be less than 0.08342% which is currently worth under 5 dollars.

Buying At Retail and Restaurants - BarrCryptocurrency.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bumbacoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1036

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 01:53:44 AM
Last edit: February 04, 2016, 02:18:09 AM by bumbacoin

In the figures above showing how you could afford to swap for BARR, I accidentally said 100,000 BARR when I meant 1,000,000.  That's my bad, sorry.

in the OP
BARR – 230,356 coins burned out of 780,856 in circulation  = 29% (self-burned BARR, sent back to the burnfund)

only 550,000 in circulation?

swapping Bumba for Barr could help strengthen both currencies apparently.

i have swapped names form this excerpt from your OP ..
  – If BUMBA offers an exchange for BARR and the BARR supply is only partially destroyed, then BUMBA and BARR can both benefit.  BUMBA can gain users and adopt the value of the absorbed coins which were burned, while BARR can continue with a higher value.

If you take a true statement and replace the most important word with something completely different, the statement might not be true anymore.
The most important word in the original statement was "BARR", but you've changed it to "BUMBA" which is completely different.
I guess it still applies because you said "if", but then it's just a hypothetical scenario that could never happen.

See, when BARR talks about burning an altcoin, thousands of dollars get spent and lots of coins get burned.
When Bumba talks about burning something, it's "amusing".  
So it's not quite the same thing, no matter which words you swap.

Just quoting our statements and inserting your coin's name doesn't mean anything.
BARR has actually made those statements reality, on 8 different blockchains and with $30,000 worth of coins.
Bumba has not done that, and was not designed for that purpose.

of course it's exactly the same thing, it's still true

There is nothing uniquely special about BARR other than it's particular origin (from you) and it's name (BARR).

i could make a shitcoin, SWAP, and offer exactly the same services and that statement would be true.
or i could put aside a portion of Bumba (or create more Bumba) and set up the same protocol

it does strike me as amusing that in the process of burning shitcoins, you are quite happy to strengthen two coins in the process. no worry about reducing the amount of shitcoins in existence, just make them stronger.

Besides, we've already burned over 230,000 BARR ourselves, which is more than you could afford with 100% of all Bumbacoins.
Of course we had a reason to burn them, and we did it in a way that made sense.  
We sent BARR back to the burn fund so it can be recycled and must be earned again with burned altcoins before it can go back into circulation.

But if you want to burn a few hundred BARR to go with the hundreds of thousands we've already burned, go ahead.  If you buy them or earn them, they're yours to do with as you please.

edit.
although i believe you have a stupendous amount of BARR in the burn fund, that even if we did burn the entier current circulated quantity of BARR, you would attempt to keep issuing BARR until some time next century?

If we burned 100% of Bumbacoins, would you attempt to keep mining blocks and generating new coins with PoW?

But yes, BARR can continue for 100 years.  

if i wanted to regularly invest several thousand dollars of my own money i could inflate the price of BUMBA to a point where we could swallow BARR. however at this point i dont really see any use as you will continue to pump out BARR for the forseeable future.

i could however continue to artificially inflate the value of BUMBA, whilst creating a protocol where through a similar release/halving system we could continue to burn BARR for the next 100 years.
(if necessary we could artificially create another million or so BUMBA for this purpose as well)

any artificial protocol is easy to copy. it's just a matter of doing it.

first of all create an artificial pump for BUMBA through injecting funds,
swap coins,
repeat regularly.

(it does make me consider the NEXUS swap model would be more useful here, as dumping BARR on the market place would help the process by continuing to de-value BARR (rather than strengthening BARR) and also convert them back into more buy support for BUMBA.)

that could result in a competition of who could artificially inflate their coin value the most, reminding me of the american political system where there is a corrupt system of waste taking place to see who can waste the most human resources.
haha although the competition would end with the strengthening of both BARR and BUMBA.

although tbh, strengthening is not necessarily true.
reducing coin supply, while increasing price .. inversely proportional and all that.
does increase value for some coin holders though Cheesy

--

i'm not that averse to Barr swapping coins, nor Digital Credits swapping coins, nor Nexus swapping coins, nor any other coin swapping system that may happen.
i'm not that averse to you continue to investing your own cash to inflate values to a point where it becomes useful to swap.

i agree that swallowing coin systems may create a stronger coin system,
i am quite amused that you have a system, that through the artificial injection of personal funds you can strengthen both shitcoins at the same time Smiley

i would like to point out that creating manipulated economic models does not make Barr an automatic success.
anyone can create an arbitrary value for any shitcoin by putting money in, that's how a PnD works,

the real value of Barr will be revealed in the future.
i wish you luck with your coin strengthening Cheesy

and if anyone wants to swap Barr for Bumba, send me a pm and we'll work something out Wink

-
edit if there is any consideration of ever swapping bumba, i will do anything useful towards it.
ie not dumping the remains of the premine Wink as they enjoy the same artificially valueless state of the Barr burnfund

💦☔️🐳💚💖💛
go to
cryptobetfair.com
ask for a voucher

████████████████
██████████████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████
███████████
█████████
███████████
████████████
████████████
███████████
█████████████
██████████████
███████████████
████████████████
████████████████
🐠👻🍗🌳🐵
BARR_Official (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 03:34:46 AM

only 550,000 in circulation?

Those are old figures, there are 993,343 in circulation.

There is nothing uniquely special about BARR other than it's particular origin (from you) and it's name (BARR).

BARR is the only cryptocurrency that comes from burning different altcoins each month. 
Since it's the only one of its kind, it is unique by definition.  Try dictionary.com

if i wanted to regularly invest several thousand dollars of my own money i could inflate the price of BUMBA

"Oh, my coin could be good too, I just don't want it to be."

Since you don't think your own coin is worth buying, we'll take your word for it.

And since you don't think having a good coin is a worthwhile goal, we'll ignore everything you say about how to run a coin. 

anyone can create an arbitrary value for any shitcoin by putting money in

If there's a lot of money put into it, the value isn't arbitrary.  Again, words have definitions.

And if anyone can do it, why is your coin worth 100 times less than BARR? 
You keep saying you "could make a coin" or "could do the same thing", but you already did make a coin. 
Your coin has 5 active nodes and can only be traded as long as Cryptopia allows it.

You say it would be "easy" to do the same thing as BARR - but you don't even understand what we do or how it works.

and if anyone wants to swap Barr for Bumba, send me a pm and we'll work something out Wink

If BARR's ideas aren't special or unique, why haven't you talked about doing them for the past 2 years until after BARR did them? 
If BARR's ideas are so "amusing", why are you now attempting to copy those ideas? 
So you'll have an excuse for all those premined coins you still have, after you announced you were giving them away last year?

You can't even give your coins away for free over a period of several months, but now you're offering them as a swap for other coins?

All you're really saying is "So what, BumbaCoin would be just as good as BARR if $30,000 had been invested in BumbaCoins." 
You might as well go over to the Bitcoin forum and tell them Bitcoin has nothing better than BumbaCoin other than 6 Billion dollars. 

You want to talk about a coin that has nothing uniquely special about it?  You launched an altcoin clone in 2014, exactly the same as thousands of others.
Your coin was listed on a "Dead Altcoins" list 30 days after you launched it.  That is what "anyone can do".
Your coin has 0 volume at 35 satoshis.  That is what's "easy to do".
Your ANN has 16 pages since 2 years ago.  That is something "we could do just the same", except we did it in 4 months.
Your "marketplace" topic has only had 4 people ever reply to it.  That's just sad.
And then for you to come here and preach about what we're doing wrong?  THAT is amusing.

So if BARR ever wants to be like BumbaCoin, we'll ask for your advice.
But for now, you're the one who's trying to be like BARR. 

Empinel

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 04:03:09 AM

Hey BARR_Official. I am trying to make a website for BARR and trying to create an EZBurn System (like you go on the website and the address, and everything will be burnt)
BARR_Official (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 04:16:29 AM

Hey BARR_Official. I am trying to make a website for BARR and trying to create an EZBurn System (like you go on the website and the address, and everything will be burnt)

How does it work?

casper77
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 05:21:30 AM

Quote from: runpaint
We also had more people abusing it with spam transactions, as well as someone dumping BARR at a loss to himself as soon as he got it - just so he could go around fudding with "BARR doesn't even have any buy orders" when he was the one who deliberately filled them all.  Not a big deal, but a waste of that guy's own time and money.  It also let me buy most of the BARR he was dumping for less than half what it normally costs me.
it's me, it's me !
i'm flattered
ok, are you interested to make language localization for BARR ?
bumbacoin
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 09:14:00 AM
Last edit: February 04, 2016, 10:06:26 AM by bumbacoin

BARR is the only cryptocurrency that comes from burning different altcoins each month.  
Since it's the only one of its kind, it is unique by definition.  Try dictionary.com

that isnt what makes Barr unique, it's what makes it's distribution protocol unique.
Barr is a Next Asset style of shitcoin. no more no less.

if i wanted to regularly invest several thousand dollars of my own money i could inflate the price of BUMBA

"Oh, my coin could be good too, I just don't want it to be."

Since you don't think your own coin is worth buying, we'll take your word for it.

And since you don't think having a good coin is a worthwhile goal, we'll ignore everything you say about how to run a coin.  

since i dont think artificially creating a pump coin  is a good idea ??
pardon me for not wanting to manipulate it "too" much Smiley

anyone can create an arbitrary value for any shitcoin by putting money in

If there's a lot of money put into it, the value isn't arbitrary.  Again, words have definitions.

And if anyone can do it, why is your coin worth 100 times less than BARR?  
You keep saying you "could make a coin" or "could do the same thing", but you already did make a coin.  
Your coin has 5 active nodes and can only be traded as long as Cryptopia allows it.

of course it can be arbitrary,
lets pretend i want to increase bumba's value to a similar market cap of Barr.

i pick the arbitrary value, then i put the appropriate amount of resources into Bumba to reach that arbitrary value

i'm not saying that anyone decided to make Barr valued at 1100 sats (or whatever), i'm saying anyone can create an arbitrary value for a shit coin.
i'ts basic economics
if supply/demand create price, then manipulating supply/demand will effect price.

you're working with an artificially inflated system by arbitrarily injecting funds into the process. this is no different to selling things in a market place for bumba.
but it creates an artificial supply/demand cycle.

it's amusing how happy you are about the easily manipulatable system you're working with/ created. and how you think the outcome actually proves some sort of real value.

you havent even bothered working with a truly trustable system. you could dump any amount of Barr you wanted at any time.
i've never really looked at Next or Assets so I dont know, but with Bumba for example, it would be simple to code in a timestamp to lock fund from being accessed until that timestamp is reached.

also, you might want to keep up with your "transparency".
the opening posts in this thread are not up to date, nor is http://barr.me

You say it would be "easy" to do the same thing as BARR - but you don't even understand what we do or how it works.

lol because Barr is so mysterious that no-one truly knows how it works.

If BARR's ideas aren't special or unique, why haven't you talked about doing them for the past 2 years until after BARR did them?  
If BARR's ideas are so "amusing", why are you now attempting to copy those ideas?  
So you'll have an excuse for all those premined coins you still have, after you announced you were giving them away last year?

You can't even give your coins away for free over a period of several months, but now you're offering them as a swap for other coins?

All you're really saying is "So what, BumbaCoin would be just as good as BARR if $30,000 had been invested in BumbaCoins."  
You might as well go over to the Bitcoin forum and tell them Bitcoin has nothing better than BumbaCoin other than 6 Billion dollars.  

You want to talk about a coin that has nothing uniquely special about it?  You launched an altcoin clone in 2014, exactly the same as thousands of others.
Your coin was listed on a "Dead Altcoins" list 30 days after you launched it.  That is what "anyone can do".
Your coin has 0 volume at 35 satoshis.  That is what's "easy to do".
Your ANN has 16 pages since 2 years ago.  That is something "we could do just the same", except we did it in 4 months.
Your "marketplace" topic has only had 4 people ever reply to it.  That's just sad.
And then for you to come here and preach about what we're doing wrong?  THAT is amusing.

So if BARR ever wants to be like BumbaCoin, we'll ask for your advice.
But for now, you're the one who's trying to be like BARR.  

Barr's idea is not unique, it's been floated around a few times.
Your self righteous indignation is also not unique.

lol Bumba was never meant to be anything more than a shitcoin so go figure. crypto is fun Cheesy

you're just making up amusingly outrageous crap now. lol

the only things you're doing wrong is getting outraged that i dont care how awesome Barr is, and also that you're not accepting that i could swap Bumba for Barr in exactly the same manner your doing. as could any other person ..

for whatever reasons, we gave away a couple of million bumba, and have a couple of million left.
obviously giving them away is not necessarily healthy for a coin, or perhaps you'd be doing the same Wink
how we give them away is completely arbitrary. doing a swap for another shitcoin is just another possibility. and if you cant see the humour in swapping them for Barr you should.

that said,
i was interested in getting some "gifts" for bowscoin and ended up catching a few dumps before the price pumped.
i'll watch with interest how the pump goes and where your buy walls end up Wink
perhaps it would be in my best interest to invest further funds into pumping bowscoin further Wink after all, it would be foolish of me not to enjoy such an easily manipulatable system to it's best affect.

💦☔️🐳💚💖💛
go to
cryptobetfair.com
ask for a voucher

████████████████
██████████████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████
███████████
█████████
███████████
████████████
████████████
███████████
█████████████
██████████████
███████████████
████████████████
████████████████
🐠👻🍗🌳🐵
bumbacoin
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 09:38:43 AM

lol.
i came on to ask why you were burning a coin with an active dev (Bowscoin), you said you'd been chatting with said dev, i said great.

then i said, maybe i could swap Bumba for Barr because we have some spare and need to give them away,
this evolves into you taking personal affront at me telling you how to operate Barr? then making outrageously untrue (and hurtful *sniff*) comments about bumba.

how to escalate an innocent discussion woot Cheesy

💦☔️🐳💚💖💛
go to
cryptobetfair.com
ask for a voucher

████████████████
██████████████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████
███████████
█████████
███████████
████████████
████████████
███████████
█████████████
██████████████
███████████████
████████████████
████████████████
🐠👻🍗🌳🐵
BARR_Official (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 01:45:08 PM

You came here to talk trash, and now you're upset because of the simple facts.

Like I said, we'll ask your advice when we want to be like Bumbacoin.

But you assume we're already like Bumbacoin, so it confuses and frustrates you that we do things honestly instead of the way you do things.

you havent even bothered working with a truly trustable system.

Are you trying to say "trustless"?  Those are two different things.

you could dump any amount of Barr you wanted at any time.

No, that's you and your hidden premine.  Again, we're not like Bumbacoin.

Our transparent accountability is trustless, because anyone can see exactly where every single BARR goes on the NXT blockchain in real-time.  

lol Bumba was never meant to be anything more than a shitcoin so go figure.

Then stop selling it to the public for real money.

Again, you're confused because you think everyone else runs their coins like you do.

You see your coin as a way to take people's money and then tell them it was just a joke.  That's not what we're doing.

bumbacoin
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 02:52:45 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2016, 03:19:07 PM by bumbacoin

You came here to talk trash, and now you're upset because of the simple facts.

Like I said, we'll ask your advice when we want to be like Bumbacoin.

But you assume we're already like Bumbacoin, so it confuses and frustrates you that we do things honestly instead of the way you do things.

trash?
i haven't come here to talk trash. you're just seeing trash where' there's no trash to see.

there you go making outrageous claims again, now about my honesty? lol

you're the only one who's talking trash here, i havent made one single unjustified comment.
where as they are piling up from your end.

you havent even bothered working with a truly trustable system.

Are you trying to say "trustless"?  Those are two different things.

you could dump any amount of Barr you wanted at any time.

No, that's you and your hidden premine.  Again, we're not like Bumbacoin.

Our transparent accountability is trustless, because anyone can see exactly where every single BARR goes on the NXT blockchain in real-time.  

lol. it's not trustless. trustless is where no-one needs to trust you.
i assumed you would know that seeing how pedantic you are about the difference between trustable and trustless.

your system is not trustless because there's nothing to stop you from moving coins and dumping even if everyone can see them.
"oh look, there's a big dump from the burn fund, i can see it on the blockchain. fancy that."

your record keeping is not up to date, neither this thread is being kept current, nor the website,
so no-one can tell how trustworthy your records of your swaps have been (not that a simple record of coins moving in the chain is any indication of what actually happened in the swap).

it's great that you are apparently doing things honestly,
no idea why you think you should attack my honesty though? hidden premine. lol

honesty in this situation should also entail complete open ness about your own purchases of Barr.

you are the central overseer,
you are injecting personal funds into your own public project,
you are openly manipulating the market (through injecting funds - again, nothing wrong with that at all as long as you are open),
you should be completely transparent about your actions.

lol Bumba was never meant to be anything more than a shitcoin so go figure.

Then stop selling it to the public for real money.

Again, you're confused because you think everyone else runs their coins like you do.

You see your coin as a way to take people's money and then tell them it was just a joke.  That's not what we're doing.

lol.
i own personal bumba, so does everyone else who owns bumba.
i guess we should all take them off the market because apparently no-one should be trading shitcoins.

that just shows how confused you are, do you even know what a shitcoin is? shall i list a few for you ?
Dash, Doge, Bumba, Barr. shitcoins are everywhere bae.

lol at your claim I'm trying to take peoples money? haha that's why Bumba is such an awesome shitcoin.

you are just rude.
and ignorant Cheesy
but mostly rude, i assume most of your ignorance is just you being rude and not realising how ignorant you seem.

💦☔️🐳💚💖💛
go to
cryptobetfair.com
ask for a voucher

████████████████
██████████████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████
███████████
█████████
███████████
████████████
████████████
███████████
█████████████
██████████████
███████████████
████████████████
████████████████
🐠👻🍗🌳🐵
BARR_Official (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 03:36:18 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2016, 03:51:03 PM by BARR_Official

trash?
i haven't come here to talk trash.

You're a liar, and a waste of time.  You showed up with fud and passive-aggressive insults from your first post.

I tried responding politely, but you weren't interested in an honest conversation because you're just here to cause trouble.  

So I responded with facts to refute everything you said, and now you're whining like a baby about rudeness.  I'm not the one who showed up to someone else's thread and started spamming bullshit.  That's you, and once again you can't seem to tell the difference between yourself and other people.

We've only deleted 1 person's posts here, ever, and that was 4 months ago on the first day this thread was started.  But even with all the assholes and scammers at bitcointalk, you've managed to distinguish yourself as worse than average.  I haven't deleted any of your posts yet, but you've wasted too much space already and you're not allowed any more.

BARR_Official (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 03:44:57 PM

Apologies to everyone for responding to a troll.

If anyone else thinks he had a good question that got lost in the arguing, please ask and we'll try to make sure there are no legitimate concerns unanswered.

Empinel

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 05:16:18 PM

How does it work?

Basically, a Zero Bullshit System.

It's basic PHP.

There are two forms, the first form will need you to enter the source and destination (NXT and PubKey Compulsary) and your name (optional).

Then, that user will be given a token.

Then in the second form, the person has to enter the TXID and at the same time provide the private key to the address (optional) and that token (remember from the first form) needs to be entered.

All this goes into a SQL Database. You can access the Database at MySQL, on your own request you may program it to have the block explorer link in the DB.

Verification unfortunately will have to be done manually.
BARR_Official (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 10:13:19 PM

We need to implement one of those for this thread

Empinel

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 03:10:18 AM

We need to implement one of those for this thread

I seriously doubt the forum allows custom code
BARR_Official (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 03:58:15 PM

BowsCoin will be redeemed at the rate of .02 BARR per BSC, or 50 BSC for 1 BARR.

The burn address for BowsCoin is B4T5ciTCkWauSqVAcVKy88ofjcSasUkSYU

Current supply is 5,355,099 BSC

Block explorer:  http://cryptobe.com/chain/BowsCoin

runpaint

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 04:10:08 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2016, 05:06:37 PM by runpaint

Since nobody else has voted yet, I just sent 10,000 votes to vote for moving the voting date.  If nobody else outvotes me before midnight on the 14th, we'll see how it works to end the voting at 00:00 UTC on the 1st of each month and then burn the coins from the 14th to the 28th.

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
casper77
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 11:20:19 PM

how to check current vote results for burn candidate ?
runpaint

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 11:57:25 PM

Check the BARR Market Fund at NXT-59NQ-AA5B-V4NT-HAZLY to see all asset transfers of BARR with attached messages.  1 BARR is 1 vote.

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
BARR_Official (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2016, 12:24:35 AM

Burn exchange for BowsCoin has begun, and will end on February 28.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: