Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:54:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Suddenly too much BTC in my armory ? Weird issues.  (Read 685 times)
yslyung (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 12:55:09 PM
Merited by ABCbits (2)

I did some cleaning up by sending some BTC to other add's & some to myself for easier management & it all worked flawlessly.

Last thing I did was to sent some BTC to my own add & sent some BTC to purchase some goods but looks like the transaction did not go thru in blockchain & it says unconfirmed & also it says this "A conflicting transaction has been detected in our memory pool. The transaction hash displayed below may change."

then i restarted armory & QT but armory did not want to shutdown normally then i went to task manager & end the process. no changes.

rebooted my pc & this showed up in my armory:

i restarted my pc again, loaded up armory then QT, went to Wallet -> Fix Damaged Wallet -> Full Recovery & selected the wallet that has the issue. Took about 20 mins or so & now it seems to be fixed as of typing.

The small amount BTC that I sent to myself came thru but the BTC sent did not go thru & i just checked blockchain it says :

"Warning! this transaction is a double spend. You should be extremely careful when trusting any transactions to/from this sender."

All the BTC is in my wallet. Guess I have to resend the BTC for the purchase i wanted to make.

p/s: i "wish" the amount shown in my wallet is REAL ! LoL

hope someone can pinpoint the problem & my apologies if the explanoation wasn't really clear.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yslyung (OP)
Legendary

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 01:08:24 PM

it was fixed the i attempted to send btc for my purchase then the it did not show up in block chain, yes i included fees.

quit armory then restarted & the same problem arises with the weird BTC balance.

Repairing it again now, once it is done repairing I will shut down armory & restart it & see what happens. will not attempt to send any btc yet.

did anyone encounter problems like this ?
yslyung (OP)
Legendary

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 01:40:45 PM

no joy, after repair it looks normal but after a restart it stays there. can any dev pls help me.
yslyung (OP)
Legendary

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 01:47:20 PM

it stays o conf. it has been 5 hours now.

this is starting to worry me & it says my wallet is: (on blockchain)

Warning! this bitcoin address contains transactions which may be double spends. You should be extremely careful when trusting any transactions to or from this address.

A conflicting transaction has been detected in our memory pool. The transaction hash displayed below may change.

Warning! this transaction is a double spend. You should be extremely careful when trusting any transactions to/from this sender.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 6566

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 02:24:25 PM
Merited by EFS (4), ABCbits (3)

It looks like you were victim to the transaction malleability attack. Someone malleated your transaction and it looks like one of the two transactions (original or malleated) was confirmed, so your coins are where you sent them, nothing except the txid changed. The problem is that Armory saw both transactions, and the one that is unconfirmed will never be confirmed (it is considered a double spend). To clear it, go to Help > Clear All Unconfirmed. That will also removed the other unconfirmed transaction you have.

yslyung (OP)
Legendary

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 03:58:32 PM

It looks like you were victim to the transaction malleability attack. Someone malleated your transaction and it looks like one of the two transactions (original or malleated) was confirmed, so your coins are where you sent them, nothing except the txid changed. The problem is that Armory saw both transactions, and the one that is unconfirmed will never be confirmed (it is considered a double spend). To clear it, go to Help > Clear All Unconfirmed. That will also removed the other unconfirmed transaction you have.

yeah thats what i did !

thx so much. i repaired it, armory sees that it;s normal then shutdown properly rebooted pc n did clear couple of times.

now it's all back to normal.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: