Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 01:52:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Have an arbitrage opporunity. Looking for investor.  (Read 1783 times)
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 11:16:41 AM

I think he wanted to arbitrage the price difference between Bitstamp and Bitfinex a few days ago. They were off by like $4-5 or so.
Even at this difference he can not make any profit due to charges on fiats (USD, EUR etc) may be he could make it an investment ebook and give it to a highly trusted member to vouch it then we can buy it if we finds it interesting.

Charges are flat rate. $50 on $50 is 100%. $50 on $5000 is 1%. $50 on $500k is 0.01%. I could go on but I'm guessing you get the point.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
melisande

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 11:31:39 AM

I think he wanted to arbitrage the price difference between Bitstamp and Bitfinex a few days ago. They were off by like $4-5 or so.
Even at this difference he can not make any profit due to charges on fiats (USD, EUR etc) may be he could make it an investment ebook and give it to a highly trusted member to vouch it then we can buy it if we finds it interesting.

Charges are flat rate. $50 on $50 is 100%. $50 on $5000 is 1%. $50 on $500k is 0.01%. I could go on but I'm guessing you get the point.
I actually did not get any point here because if the i should buy at the rate of $365 and sell for $370 (for example) i will be left with $5, if i now purchase 10 btc, my profit will be 10x5= $50, this profit can easily be eating up by wire transfer, visa card charges or perfect money commission.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 10:59:27 PM

I actually did not get any point here because if the i should buy at the rate of $365 and sell for $370 (for example) i will be left with $5, if i now purchase 10 btc, my profit will be 10x5= $50, this profit can easily be eating up by wire transfer, visa card charges or perfect money commission.

Right. So now you bought 100 instead. That's a profit of 500-50=450. I'm not seeing the issue? The more investors had put in, the higher the profit would have been. Just like any other trading system in the world. It's nothing new/complicated. But that also doesn't mean it isn't risky.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 01:50:19 AM

Right. So now you bought 100 instead. That's a profit of 500-50=450. I'm not seeing the issue? The more investors had put in, the higher the profit would have been. Just like any other trading system in the world. It's nothing new/complicated. But that also doesn't mean it isn't risky.

Except for the slippage. You can't scale arbitrage all the way up. Because buying on Site A will make the price go up there, and Selling on site B will make the price go down there, meaning you will make less and less profit every time you make the trade, which is why we gave you the correct answer that should be given to everyone claiming to have an arbitrage opportunity, "why aren't you doing it before it goes away?"
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 05:15:01 AM

Except for the slippage. You can't scale arbitrage all the way up. Because buying on Site A will make the price go up there, and Selling on site B will make the price go down there, meaning you will make less and less profit every time you make the trade, which is why we gave you the correct answer that should be given to everyone claiming to have an arbitrage opportunity, "why aren't you doing it before it goes away?"

Because not everyone has the cash on hand at that moment? Why does Wal-Mart take out loans instead of just spending cash to build out more locations? Same reason.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: