Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:02:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why isn't this user banned yet?  (Read 2669 times)
monbux (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 03:42:45 PM

melisande
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=365124

Please, just look over his/her post history.  I see his posts everywhere.  Some don't make sense at all while others are obviously posted just to boost the post count.  A lot of the times, he/she asks useless questions that have already been answered with no interest in the actual product/service being offered.

So... will this user be banned, or at least receive a warning?

P.S. I know I have am wearing a signature as well but mine is a fixed-payment signature.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 04:02:23 PM

PM marcotheminer about him, i'm sure he will look into it. I usually just use report to mod and describe whats the issue about, but many times
it goes with them having different opinion than me :/
StarofBTC

Activity: 1148
Merit: 528

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 04:05:52 PM

hmmm... seriously dont know why users post off topic posts so often.....

I think its time to make some changes in signature rules.... Dont you think??  Huh
monbux (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1736

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 04:18:31 PM

I've just posted on the bit-x signature thread and PM'd marco. I usually just ignore these extreme-spammers but this one is posting on every thread I see... Very annoying.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 04:18:58 PM

I think its time to make some changes in signature rules.... Dont you think??  Huh

Campaigns have good rules, but it's managing them that seams to be the problem with some of them. imho, large campaigns should hire some extra help
to prune the bad posters from the good ones, especially before making payouts to participants.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 04:22:27 PM

eh, I am not sure if this person should be banned as I would not quite consider his posts to be insubstantial. However I certainly agree that he is only posting to earn money from his signature campaign which reflects poorly on both the company he is representing (via his signature), and on the campaign manger itself.

I would not want him in a campaign that I was running personally.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 04:23:07 PM

melisande
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=365124

Please, just look over his/her post history.  I see his posts everywhere.  Some don't make sense at all while others are obviously posted just to boost the post count.  A lot of the times, he/she asks useless questions that have already been answered with no interest in the actual product/service being offered.

So... will this user be banned, or at least receive a warning?

P.S. I know I have am wearing a signature as well but mine is a fixed-payment signature.

Have you reported the 'most spammy' post of melisande through the report to moderator button?
redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 04:24:07 PM

eh, I am not sure if this person should be banned as I would not quite consider his posts to be insubstantial. However I certainly agree that he is only posting to earn money from his signature campaign which reflects poorly on both the company he is representing (via his signature), and on the campaign manger itself.

A lot of users are posting here only to earn money from the various signature campaign.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 04:25:52 PM

A lot of users are posting here only to earn money from the various signature campaign.
Yup, and I would not want any of them (at least not the majority of them) to be in a campaign that I am running. The person in the OP isn't making nonsense posts, but it is evident that he is not really interested in the threads he is posting in.
redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 04:29:32 PM

Yup, and I would not want any of them (at least not the majority of them) to be in a campaign that I am running. The person in the OP isn't making nonsense posts, but it is evident that he is not really interested in the threads he is posting in.

So he can't be banned (based on your opinion). The problem is that you are not a staff member so you can't decide, however I have reported a post wrote by him.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

So he can't be banned (based on your opinion). The problem is that you are not a staff member so you can't decide, however I have reported a post wrote by him.
I am saying that based on the current forum rules he probably will not be banned. It is not a requirement to be a staff member to known and be able to interpret the forum rules as they are all public as is the vast majority of the decisions and clarifications regarding the rules. Also staff members are not able to ban people, only global moderators and admins can, however for something like this it would be most likely that only admins should be banning this person (if applicable) because what he is doing most likely does not warrant a permanent ban, and only admins can hand out temp bans
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 04:35:38 PM

So finally someone else noticed that guy. Oh well. I had yo report that account a while a go but then I didn't because I though somehow it's a bit constructive. But now looking af his posts, I see the guy is making a lot of nonsense around. I vote for the guy to be banned and be out of the campaign he is in right now.
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 04:38:55 PM

Signature campaigners themselves check the quality of post before paying to members using their respective signature.I think they are the right people to decide because they are paying for posting after all.Other users can simply put them on ignor list if they find their posts useless or repetitve
redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 04:42:18 PM

I am saying that based on the current forum rules he probably will not be banned. It is not a requirement to be a staff member to known and be able to interpret the forum rules as they are all public as is the vast majority of the decisions and clarifications regarding the rules. Also staff members are not able to ban people, only global moderators and admins can, however for something like this it would be most likely that only admins should be banning this person (if applicable) because what he is doing most likely does not warrant a permanent ban, and only admins can hand out temp bans

Yes of course, but also an admin or global mod is a 'staff member'. I think the signature campaign should be 'managed' in some way, otherwise the forum will become really bad (due this type of users).
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 04:47:29 PM

I think its time to make some changes in signature rules.... Dont you think??  Huh
I wouldn't consider someone who posts at least one "......" in his posts just to make it closer to 75 character count, a reliable source of information : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=554913;sa=showPosts .*
Another thing, Bit-x is a huge campaign and probably the one spending a lot on promotion , hence it uses a bot and there are always ways of  getting over a bot's limits as bots can't calculate a post's quality.
@monbux, although I wouldn't consider melisande a reliable source of information at least he isn't repetitive and/or spamming. But as QS has mentioned , I would definitely not consider his posts understood to most people. It seems his primary language isn't english.  
*You also are alt of psonowal who are just farming your sig.
lemipawa
Legendary

Activity: 1708

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 04:51:54 PM

48 posts in 1 day, I bet that guy will not reach that number if his post's are not paid. This is what you get when one of your rules is "No minimum posts, no maximum posts, no worries! Do not spam.", He definitely missed the last 3 words
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 04:59:41 PM

Posting only to be paid is allowed here so nothing will be done. Amph writes useless nonsense like that and has never been banned for it (he even publicly stated he only posts for the pay). Just give up on making these threads as the forum allows this activity. I think the only ones who get banned are the really obvious 1-5 word posters.
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 05:00:53 PM

48 posts in 1 day, I bet that guy will not reach that number if his post's are not paid. This is what you get when one of your rules is "No minimum posts, no maximum posts, no worries! Do not spam.", He definitely missed the last 3 words
Definitely...

Anyway This topic will lead to endless discussion and this guy won't be banned from btctalk..
All what you need to do OP is to quote some of his spammy posts and send it to the admin of the compagn or report every spam to the mods here...

lock this topic if you get a response from a mod or the admin of bit-x

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
mexxer-2

Activity: 924

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 05:02:25 PM

Posting only to be paid is allowed here so nothing will be done. Amph writes useless nonsense like that and has never been banned for it (he even publicly stated he only posts for the pay). Just give up on making these threads as the forum allows this activity. I think the only ones who get banned are the really obvious 1-5 word posters.

True , the best answer to these type of threads. And most people who do complain about these things, even monbux are doing so with a signature themselves. If you have any problem about these posts , report them with a valid comment and it should be fine or report them to the campaign manager, monbux being a reputable member should make the campaign managers take this seriously.
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 05:05:26 PM

People will always try to maximize their post and well its easy to make 50 posts daily just need some dedication and found some active topics,last week someone had around 6 accounts doing similiar posts like i like bananas,bananas i like ,banana are delicious,these kind the op that runs the signature should alwayss confirm and check the post otherwise just receive and pay others as escrow will lead into a spam bomb.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: