Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:51:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why isn't this user banned yet?  (Read 2669 times)
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 05:07:31 PM

The managers mostly use a bot to count posts and that is easily tricked. I think the bot only checks the post length to say good or bad.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 05:13:56 PM

The managers mostly use a bot to count posts and that is easily tricked. I think the bot only checks the post length to say good or bad.

As i know the bot counts the charathers only if the post reach to 75 or not the content of it those should be done from the op that leads the signature,at coinut our op always check and count all post manual,and those out of content are taken out by total.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 05:16:02 PM

48 posts in 1 day, I bet that guy will not reach that number if his post's are not paid. This is what you get when one of your rules is "No minimum posts, no maximum posts, no worries! Do not spam.", He definitely missed the last 3 words

Indeed. Though I've made over 40 posts today, and I hope most people consider me to be a decently constructive poster...

Hope. It's a shame that there are people like these who make everyone who posts a lot and has a signature ad seem bad. Though I normally post in bursts. Wink

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
StarofBTC

Activity: 1148
Merit: 528

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 05:16:59 PM

hmmm... seriously dont know why users post off topic posts so often.....

I think its time to make some changes in signature rules.... Dont you think??  Huh
I wouldn't consider someone who posts at least one "......" in his posts just to make it closer to 75 character count, a reliable source of information : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=554913;sa=showPosts .*
Another thing, Bit-x is a huge campaign and probably the one spending a lot on promotion , hence it uses a bot and there are always ways of  getting over a bot's limits as bots can't calculate a post's quality.
@monbux, although I wouldn't consider melisande a reliable source of information at least he isn't repetitive and/or spamming. But as QS has mentioned , I would definitely not consider his posts understood to most people. It seems his primary language isn't english.  
*You also are alt of psonowal who are just farming your sig.

Sorry i post too many "....." i got it from chatting 24/7 whatsapp and other social apps.
I cant go on deleting that "....." in all my 89 posts.

But i PROMISE no to make it happen again.

If you think like i am making the post count characters more,AM SORRY my intention was never to do that.  Smiley

SORRY to anyone who feels my posts annoying filled up with "....."  Smiley
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 05:19:56 PM

I've seen this user quite a lot. He mainly just hangs around the marketplace section and asks the same vague questions, sometimes even just copying the thread title into his post to meet the character quota. People have been neg trusted for adding gibberish to the ends of their posts, I would say that copying the thread title is just as bad.

If nothing else he should be removed from any campaign and neg trusted so he cannot join another one. I'm sure that he will stop posting really quickly should that be the case.

But as QS has mentioned , I would definitely not consider his posts understood to most people. It seems his primary language isn't english.
As a native English speaker, I can understand him perfectly. It's obvious that he knows what he is doing and has no intention to stop.
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 05:26:16 PM

But as QS has mentioned , I would definitely not consider his posts understood to most people. It seems his primary language isn't english.
As a native English speaker, I can understand him perfectly. It's obvious that he knows what he is doing and has no intention to stop.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1213404.msg12780658#msg12780658
Read some of his posts once again, he is clearly not a native english speaker.  Another point he doesn't ask the same question again and again, at least I didn't find so when going through his posts , maybe he just posts repetitive questions over a long range of posts so that they are not visible when going through his recent posts.
Edit: And as I have said before, he , most of the times posts understandable posts which may be considered constructive but solely for payment.
P.S: Marco is tightening his rein over the campaign, I expect some participants to be kicked in the next few pay periods.
Edit 2:

Repetitive = spam

or am I wrong?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1218213.0 long discussion here, and personally, if its not exactly the same phrase/sentence/word I don't consider it spamming(except in cases of rewrited posts).
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 05:27:58 PM

Read some of his posts once again, he is clearly not a native english speaker.  Another point he doesn't ask the same question again and again, at least I didn't find so when going through his posts , maybe he just posts repetitive questions over a long range of posts so that they are not visible when going through his recent posts.

Repetitive = spam

or am I wrong?
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 05:31:59 PM

Read some of his posts once again, he is clearly not a native english speaker.  Another point he doesn't ask the same question again and again, at least I didn't find so when going through his posts , maybe he just posts repetitive questions over a long range of posts so that they are not visible when going through his recent posts.

Repetitive = spam

or am I wrong?

Eh, kind of. Repetitive would be the same thing over and over again. Spam encompasses both repetitiveness, uselessness, etc. His posts are definitely spam, though, basically on the level of a bot which copy and pastes phrases and matches them up, but it seems here that it's just a human typing vaguely related stuff at speed to earn money.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
yahoo62278
Legendary

Activity: 3584
Merit: 4420

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 05:35:28 PM

Why are bots allowed period? If you're hired for a job as a manager shouldn't you do the job manually? Seems pretty lazy IMO for botting to be allowed

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 05:35:36 PM

Repetitive = spam

or am I wrong?

Eh, kind of. Repetitive would be the same thing over and over again. Spam encompasses both repetitiveness, uselessness, etc. His posts are definitely spam, though, basically on the level of a bot which copy and pastes phrases and matches them up, but it seems here that it's just a human typing vaguely related stuff at speed to earn money.

It was a rhetoric question . However it is obvious he is posting only to earn money, this is clear.
minifrij
Legendary

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 05:45:01 PM

Read some of his posts once again, he is clearly not a native english speaker.
Yes, he is definitely not native. I was more talking about your point where you said that you 'would definitely not consider his posts understood to most people', though I appear to have misunderstood. How ironic.
Edit: And as I have said before, he , most of the times posts understandable posts which may be considered constructive but solely for payment.

Another point he doesn't ask the same question again and again, at least I didn't find so when going through his posts , maybe he just posts repetitive questions over a long range of posts so that they are not visible when going through his recent posts.
Look on the majority of his posts on domain threads. He will be asking something along the lines of 'what makes this valuable?'. You would probably have to go through his posts a lot, but I have definitely seen him do it on multiple occasions.

basically on the level of a bot which copy and pastes phrases and matches them up, but it seems here that it's just a human typing vaguely related stuff at speed to earn money.
Sort of. He is a human that can type vaguely related information to a thread, but also copy-pastes a good portion of the body of some of his posts from either previous posts or external websites.

Examples:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1218089.msg12767280#msg12767280 (Copied from a domain price estimator)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1057355.msg12780241#msg12780241 (Copied from SebasianJu's post on the previous page)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1219123.msg12779522#msg12779522 (Copying text which he has already quoted once to boost his character count)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1218291.msg12776041#msg12776041 (Copied the first line of text in the topic for no reason, as the context of the post was obvious without)

I'm not going to go into any more detail with it. His copy-pasting could just be a result of not knowing when to quote, but doing both as he did in example 3 isn't acceptable.

Why are bots allowed period? If you're hired for a job as a manager shouldn't you do the job manually? Seems pretty lazy IMO for botting to be allowed
Due to the sheer amount of participants in that campaign and the amount of posts created by some of the members of the signature campaign it would probably take weeks to count the amount of posts made over one period and check if they are all high quality.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 06:10:54 PM

eh, I am not sure if this person should be banned as I would not quite consider his posts to be insubstantial. However I certainly agree that he is only posting to earn money from his signature campaign which reflects poorly on both the company he is representing (via his signature), and on the campaign manger itself.

I would not want him in a campaign that I was running personally.

A lot of users are posting here only to earn money from the various signature campaign.
Yup, and I would not want any of them (at least not the majority of them) to be in a campaign that I am running. The person in the OP isn't making nonsense posts, but it is evident that he is not really interested in the threads he is posting in.

So he can't be banned (based on your opinion). The problem is that you are not a staff member so you can't decide, however I have reported a post wrote by him.
I am saying that based on the current forum rules he probably will not be banned. It is not a requirement to be a staff member to known and be able to interpret the forum rules as they are all public as is the vast majority of the decisions and clarifications regarding the rules. Also staff members are not able to ban people, only global moderators and admins can, however for something like this it would be most likely that only admins should be banning this person (if applicable) because what he is doing most likely does not warrant a permanent ban, and only admins can hand out temp bans

Yes of course, but also an admin or global mod is a 'staff member'. I think the signature campaign should be 'managed' in some way, otherwise the forum will become really bad (due this type of users).
This is being discussed in the staff section and the mods are trying to figure out a way to deal with the signature campaigns. The general consensus is that the forum does not want signature campaigns to go away completely, however that is a possibility if the forum cannot get otherwise cleaned up. One option being considered is to allow signatures to be hidden on a per-user basis and if enough of a similar signature were to get hidden then all similar signatures would get hidden by default.

I would say that for the most part the worst signature spammers have been taken care of, and the overall browsing experience has improved from ~15 months ago, and even from ~5 months ago.
DASHfaucet

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 06:12:25 PM

His technics are very smart. When i see first post of this thread and I check history of this guy i didn't seen any suspicious posts.. But when i read all thread I began to notice the tricks that he uses.

For me is difficult to say if this is spam.. Probably not. But if such person is useful for campaign, should decide its manager.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 06:15:29 PM

If nothing else he should be removed from any campaign and neg trusted so he cannot join another one. I'm sure that he will stop posting really quickly should that be the case.
He is not a scammer (AFAIK), so negative trust is defiantly not appropriate.

I do agree that he should be removed from the campaign because his posts reflect poorly on the company that he is advertising for.

This is probably a pretty strong argument to not use bots to run your campaign.
Bifta

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 06:16:13 PM

Signature campaigners themselves check the quality of post before paying to members using their respective signature.I think they are the right people to decide because they are paying for posting after all.Other users can simply put them on ignor list if they find their posts useless or repetitve
I don't think they care. They only want their stuff advertised, so to them it doesn't really matter. They are definitely NOT the right people to be judging this. There are many campaigns where the posters are all low quality posters yet they still get paid for all of their posts.

This is being discussed in the staff section and the mods are trying to figure out a way to deal with the signature campaigns. The general consensus is that the forum does not want signature campaigns to go away completely, however that is a possibility if the forum cannot get otherwise cleaned up. One option being considered is to allow signatures to be hidden on a per-user basis and if enough of a similar signature were to get hidden then all similar signatures would get hidden by default.

I would say that for the most part the worst signature spammers have been taken care of, and the overall browsing experience has improved from ~15 months ago, and even from ~5 months ago.
How would you know what is going on in the staff section? Unless you have an alt that is staff  Shocked
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 06:17:52 PM

How would you know what is going on in the staff section? Unless you have an alt that is staff  Shocked
I guess we will have to leave that to the speculators. Wink
redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 06:19:11 PM

Signature campaigners themselves check the quality of post before paying to members using their respective signature.I think they are the right people to decide because they are paying for posting after all.Other users can simply put them on ignor list if they find their posts useless or repetitve
I don't think they care. They only want their stuff advertised, so to them it doesn't really matter. They are definitely NOT the right people to be judging this. There are many campaigns where the posters are all low quality posters yet they still get paid for all of their posts.

How would you know what is going on in the staff section? Unless you have an alt that is staff  Shocked

lol I don't think QS owns a staff account.

However, I think the staff should take a important decision.

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 06:25:16 PM

How would you know what is going on in the staff section? Unless you have an alt that is staff  Shocked

If you read between the lines, you can guess.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
minifrij
Legendary

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 06:39:45 PM

I do agree that he should be removed from the campaign because his posts reflect poorly on the company that he is advertising for.
Then what will stop him joining another campaign and doing exactly the same? People have been neg trusted for adding gibberish to the end of posts to meet quotas, and yet copying previous posts and information from websites isn't negative trust worthy?

It's been said by hilariousandco (and probably others) that it is being discussed there several times, QS is just saying information that he saw elsewhere on the forum. Not that amazing.
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 06:44:24 PM

Then what will stop him joining another campaign and doing exactly the same? People have been neg trusted for adding gibberish to the end of posts to meet quotas, and yet copying previous posts and information from websites isn't negative trust worthy?
1/multiple neutral from DT should be enough for any campaign manager to consider not accepting him, that is although, if its not either secondstrade/bitmixer/yobit. Although after you pointed out some facts like:
Sort of. He is a human that can type vaguely related information to a thread, but also copy-pastes a good portion of the body of some of his posts from either previous posts or external websites.

Examples:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1218089.msg12767280#msg12767280 (Copied from a domain price estimator)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1057355.msg12780241#msg12780241 (Copied from SebasianJu's post on the previous page)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1219123.msg12779522#msg12779522 (Copying text which he has already quoted once to boost his character count)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1218291.msg12776041#msg12776041 (Copied the first line of text in the topic for no reason, as the context of the post was obvious without)

I'm not going to go into any more detail with it. His copy-pasting could just be a result of not knowing when to quote, but doing both as he did in example 3 isn't acceptable.
I think mods should consider banning him on the basis of copy-pasting posts.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: