Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:26:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Children's Book - Illustrator Wanted  (Read 824 times)
cc5alive (OP)

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2015, 09:18:38 PM

I’ve just finished writing my “bitcoin children’s book” called The Astonishing Josh-O and His Magical Internet Money. I'm now moving on to the next phase of having it illustrated and making plans for release.  I'm looking for an illustrator as well as some general feedback to gauge interest.

THE STORY

The Astonishing Josh-O and His Magical Internet Money is a story about a young aspiring magician who has almost saved enough money to buy the magic wand of his dreams.  When his father suggests that Josh start taking his allowance in Bitcoin, Josh is thrilled to learn about a new, “magic” form of money… until he realizes that the magic shop doesn’t accept it.  In fact, it seems like almost no one does.  Josh must determine if he wants to keep getting his allowance in Bitcoin or buy his wand… or maybe there’s a way for him to do both (without just selling Bitcoin)?

WHO I’M LOOKING FOR

An imaginative illustrator, ideally someone from this community who shares a passion for Bitcoin. If you or someone you know is interested, I’d love to talk to you about it.  Please have some form of portfolio or prior work, but you do not need to have professional illustrator experience.  There are 38 pages to illustrate and compensation is negotiable.

GENERAL QUESTIONS FOR THIS COMMUNITY

Crowdfunding / Pre-sales - Would you be interested in crowdfunding or pre-purchasing a copy of the book? I’m going to make it regardless, but it would be great to get feedback to see if people would be supportive of crowdfunding or pre-sales.

Tokens - If I do a pre-sale, would people be interested in buying a token and redeeming it using the Tokenly system from Let’s Talk Bitcoin?

“Easter Eggs” - I intend to have surprises in most of the illustrations that may range from hidden QR codes that lead to a puzzle or hidden references to Bitcoin’s history.  Are there any ideas that jump out as being compelling “Easter eggs” in the illustrations?

WHO I AM

My name is CC and I created a company called Altanimus and have been working on a variety of creative projects that include comics, podcasts, illustrations, a collaborative coloring project, and recently a children’s book called How to Keep Your Helicopter (which can be purchased with Bitcoin on our site. Also available on Amazon). I’ve been obsessed with Bitcoin since 2011 and am exciting to start integrating cryptocurrency more and more into some of the projects I’m working on.

QUESTIONS

What questions do you have for me?  If anyone has suggestions or wants to become more active in this project, I’m open to suggestions!

Now accepting Bitcoin for the children's book "How to Keep Your Helicopter"
http://altanimus.com/product/how-to-keep-your-helicopter

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Glucose

Activity: 861
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 03:46:00 PM

Just want to say good luck.

I love your Color Swarm project by the way. Looks like a really funny idea :-)

If I have to answer 1 of your question : yes you should organize a pre-sale of your book. A crowdfunding project could be good to offer a preview of what we are paying for.
cc5alive (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2015, 01:12:00 AM

Just want to say good luck.

I love your Color Swarm project by the way. Looks like a really funny idea :-)

If I have to answer 1 of your question : yes you should organize a pre-sale of your book. A crowdfunding project could be good to offer a preview of what we are paying for.

Thank you very much!  I'll make sure to reach out to you soon when Color Swarm launches our alpha site.  I think it's going to be pretty fun to work on these videos with individuals creating each frame.  I have a call later tonight with someone who wants to do the first video.  Cheesy

Thanks for your feedback about the pre-sale.  As yours is the only opinion so far, there is unanimous consensus!

I think I will also have a formal announcement thread at some point once there are illustrations of some of the pages. That will be more exciting than just reading the text of the story.

JeWay

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 02:01:36 PM

I'm wondering, is this for a 10 years old kids and above or even younger one?
Cuz this topic I think kinda not too necessary for young kid
cc5alive (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2015, 11:29:47 PM

I'm wondering, is this for a 10 years old kids and above or even younger one?
Cuz this topic I think kinda not too necessary for young kid

Fair question!  I think this is going to be more of the 10-12 age range.  I think the book captures more about the excitement of how quick and easy Bitcoin is rather than explaining concepts about how it functions.  There is no mention of blockchains or elliptical curves.  I think it's the kind of thing where kids might want to learn more about "magical internet money" and continue to learn about it elsewhere.

It's also written in a way where if you don't really care about Bitcoin, you still get experience the young magician's excitement, disappointment, and ultimate triumph on his quest to become a great magician.

Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: