Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 12:28:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WHY] WHYCOIN OFFICIAL ANN | Non-Profit | 10% PoS  (Read 13632 times)
whycointeam (OP)

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 12:31:42 PM

WhyCoin was discovered to contain a "staking exploit" and attempts to remove it were too late.  So...the coin was BURNED!  There will be a "do-over"...a complete redistribution with a strict criteria.  A new coin is being tested and when Why Fund Inc. receives a clean, functional coin...we will announce the distribution and it's criteria.  I have updated the original ANN to include the foregoing.  I appreciate your interest in our noble endeavor.

What???  That's what I figured...I tried to point out that I thought something was wrong. Do I get a bounty for  being the first to point it out?  (SMILE)  Now what? Let's not give up...let's improve!

There is much more to this than what has been announced...

However...we will plunge on and make the best of the circumstances.  You are definitely invited to be a participant!  We need a hundred like you!

Dusty Ridge
Founder

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
whycointeam (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 12:39:25 PM

Are you still going with 50 Billion premine in your do over?
Now that you have a second chance you may want to rethink that....

NO!  However the plan is to have a 300 million premine...with up to 5 million distributed to people who participate in the project.

I have updated the original ANN, and http://whycoin.info...and http://whyfund.info

I don't want a 1000 people with dollar signs flashing in their brain...I would rather have 100 people with a fire in their belly to get the project on track.  This coin may be a high dollar coin...but it will be because it honestly is worth it's value.  It will have meaning and purpose!
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2015, 09:18:58 PM

WhyCoin was discovered to contain a "staking exploit" and attempts to remove it were too late.  So...the coin was BURNED!  There will be a "do-over"...a complete redistribution with a strict criteria.  A new coin is being tested and when Why Fund Inc. receives a clean, functional coin...we will announce the distribution and it's criteria.  I have updated the original ANN to include the foregoing.  I appreciate your interest in our noble endeavor.

What???  That's what I figured...I tried to point out that I thought something was wrong. Do I get a bounty for  being the first to point it out?  (SMILE)  Now what? Let's not give up...let's improve!

However...we will plunge on and make the best of the circumstances.  You are definitely invited to be a participant!  We need a hundred like you!

Dusty Ridge
Founder

Thanks...I uninstalled the old wallet.  What do I do next?  How do I become a trusted advisor?  I would like to become an active participant; where do I apply?
whycointeam (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 10:53:27 PM

Dusty Ridge
Founder

Thanks...I uninstalled the old wallet.  What do I do next?  How do I become a trusted advisor?  I would like to become an active participant; where do I apply?

By gaining trust, participation...being a founding member.  The new wallet will probably be ready by Monday.
ukon

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

SPYCE | Rise of Web 3.0 - www.decenternet.com

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 04:28:11 AM

Cry

██
████
██████
██ ██ ██
██  ██  ██
████████████████████████████████
██           ████           ██
██        ██ ██ ██        ██
██      ██  ██  ██      ██
██    ██   ██   ██    ██
██  ██   ████   ██  ██
██████  ██    ██  ██████
██  █████        █████  ██
██ ▄█ ████████████████ █▄ ██
██ ▄█   ██          ██   █▄ ██
████████████        ████████████
██      ██
██    ██
██  ██
████
██
SPYCE

r

▄▄▄▄
        ▄████████▄
     ▄██████████▀▀██▄
  ▄██████████▀    █████▄
▄██████████▄      ███████▄
███████▀ ████▄    ████████
████▀    ███████▄ ████████
██       █████████████████
████▄    ███████▀ ████████
███████▄ ████▀    ████████
▀██████████▀      ███████▀
  ▀██████████▄    █████▀
     ▀██████████▄▄██▀
        ▀████████▀
           ▀▀▀▀
nagatraju

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 05:25:07 AM

what you do with 100% pre-mine?
whycointeam (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 01:14:04 PM

It is explained at http://whycoin.info

It is the total money supply for years to come...a treasury to use for the goals of Why Fund Inc.

We are wringing out the new coin at this moment.  The base is completely new and is being difficult...  But, we want to do it right.
whycointeam (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 10:03:12 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2015, 11:54:58 PM by whycointeam

NOTICE: We intend to begin starting the distribution of the free coins for Founding members.

View Profile Email Personal Message (Online)
Trust: 0: -0 / +0

[WHY] WHYCOIN OFFICIAL ANN | Non-Profit | 10% PoS

October 27, 2015, 04:20:46 PM

Reply with quote Edit message Delete message  #1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OFFICIAL WHYCOIN THREAD

NOTICE: We intend to begin starting the distribution of the free coins for Founding members.
11/21/15 at 8 am central time....wallets at http://whycoin.info/....the distribution will be made at   ...https://www.reddit.com/r/whycoin/

Careful screening will take place.

raetsch
Legendary

Activity: 957
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 10:32:03 PM

Where is the source?
whycointeam (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 01:00:57 AM

Where is the source?

We will put it on github...shortly.
cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2015, 01:31:55 AM
Last edit: November 21, 2015, 11:19:17 PM by cjmoles

Nice!  I'm glad we didn't give up on the project.  The crypto currency community needs some positive projects to succeed so that the legitimacy of the overall crypto-experiment can be brought to the forefront of peoples minds, instead of being overshadowed by motivations of a deceitful few.  The value of the technology is overwhelming....we just need to highlight its virtues.  I downloaded the wallet and it's synced and ready to start moving the chain!
whycointeam (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 09:39:16 PM

Where is the source?

We will put it on github...shortly.

I have put it here: http://whycoin.info/wallets/source/
pineapples
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

to your stations, man the pineapples!!!

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 01:42:59 AM
Last edit: November 23, 2015, 01:58:03 AM by pineapples

running a daemon gives me this error on startup. what's it all about ?

Warning: Warning: error reading wallet.dat! All keys read correctly, but transaction data or address book entries might be missing or incorrect.

--

edit..

oops my mistake. i swear i deleted everything before th fresh one, but obivously did not delete everything :p
probably left the whole invisible folder there .. lol

YEEE F*#KIN HA BIG RED TEXT !!!           

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 02:07:38 AM

Nice, just got m first stake.  My wallet's been staking for a few hours and I just got 2.84687+ for m first stake award.  It's already running smoother than the last wallet.  Nice work!  What's the next step?
pineapples
Legendary

Activity: 1204

to your stations, man the pineapples!!!

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 05:54:29 AM

Nice, just got m first stake.  My wallet's been staking for a few hours and I just got 2.84687+ for m first stake award.  It's already running smoother than the last wallet.  Nice work!  What's the next step?

woot just got mine too Cheesy

YEEE F*#KIN HA BIG RED TEXT !!!           

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
paolo77
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 10:16:42 AM

Any new for exchange ?
$crypto$
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1041

Smart is not enough, there must be skills

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2015, 10:35:43 PM

old entered the market

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
whycointeam (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 09:40:22 PM

Exciting things happening!

First...I have distributed aprox 200,000 coins...to about 75 people!  I would like to find another 100 "smart" people who will support our cause.

Second:

I have in my hot little hands the source code and complete documentation for a Flash Card System! The system was developed over a 4 year period and won an award for technical excellence. I just purchased for the fund a full year on a server and will be implementing the system. WE will be starting off with 153 complete lessons! Quizlets gave me access to their source code for their thousands of flash card modules. Our system allows the creation of sets through simple software. If I were a programmer, I would automate the conversions. These lessons are in 5 different languages and have audio and pictures!

I am also adapting 100 children's learning games to pay coins and will be implementing them also. These games are for children 5 to 10. The games are in 10 or more languages with audio.

I would certainly like some help...but it will get done!

Dusty Ridge
Founder
SockPuppetAccount

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2015, 10:59:30 PM

It seems like your heart is in the right place but I don't understand this project at all.

It is my personal dream that one day a nine year old girl in deepest Africa can dial in on her cell phone and learn to read and write in her own language...and receive coins for her achievement. Thereby being able to purchase goods and services...and gain economic inclusion in her world.

This project will introduce AltCoins as rewards for achievement that are readily transferrable into fiat. Thereby, giving the student a financial incentive to move forward in the learning process.

WhyCoin was developed to reward students for "PROOF OF KNOWLEDGE", when they complete a course of study.  It will be a way of keeping score!

The coin is being distributed to people who have indicated their interest in the gamification of education and agree to participate in the goals of Why Fund Inc.

The initial distribution is up to five million coins based upon a strict criteria of quality participation on REDDIT and thereafter spontaneous awards for quality participation on https://www.reddit.com/r/whycoin/.

300 million coins were premined to establish a treasury of coins for future use.  275 million coins are in a cold storage treasury wallet...not staking.

Who in there right mind is going to pay children to get an education?  Knowledge for it's own sake will do fuck all to help any 9 year old African girls.  The point to the 9 year old girl getting an education is so she can put her knowledge to use and contribute to society one day, and then be economically rewarded for said contribution.

Wanna give every African kid a laptop, ensure internet access in every village, build schools, and provide them with textbooks?  Good idea and a worthy cause.  But we also need to bribe African children with cash rewards for them to actually utilize these resources?

"Please little girl, get a proper education so that one day you can help build up your own communities and make them resemble complete hellholes slightly less.  The bleeding hearts in the west can't stand to see it anymore.  Here, have some money."

No thanks.
cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2015, 03:47:24 AM

It seems like your heart is in the right place but I don't understand this project at all.

It is my personal dream that one day a nine year old girl in deepest Africa can dial in on her cell phone and learn to read and write in her own language...and receive coins for her achievement. Thereby being able to purchase goods and services...and gain economic inclusion in her world.

This project will introduce AltCoins as rewards for achievement that are readily transferrable into fiat. Thereby, giving the student a financial incentive to move forward in the learning process.

WhyCoin was developed to reward students for "PROOF OF KNOWLEDGE", when they complete a course of study.  It will be a way of keeping score!

The coin is being distributed to people who have indicated their interest in the gamification of education and agree to participate in the goals of Why Fund Inc.

The initial distribution is up to five million coins based upon a strict criteria of quality participation on REDDIT and thereafter spontaneous awards for quality participation on https://www.reddit.com/r/whycoin/.

300 million coins were premined to establish a treasury of coins for future use.  275 million coins are in a cold storage treasury wallet...not staking.

Who in there right mind is going to pay children to get an education?  Knowledge for it's own sake will do fuck all to help any 9 year old African girls.  The point to the 9 year old girl getting an education is so she can put her knowledge to use and contribute to society one day, and then be economically rewarded for said contribution.

Wanna give every African kid a laptop, ensure internet access in every village, build schools, and provide them with textbooks?  Good idea and a worthy cause.  But we also need to bribe African children with cash rewards for them to actually utilize these resources?

"Please little girl, get a proper education so that one day you can help build up your own communities and make them resemble complete hellholes slightly less.  The bleeding hearts in the west can't stand to see it anymore.  Here, have some money."

No thanks.

Well, there is genius behind the idea. In many under-privileged areas around the world, children have a choice they're required to make between getting an education and going to work to bring home food to their families.  Often times they have to walk long distances in precarious conditions to the schooling tents, and they go without the nourishment they need to function at an optimally cognitive level.  By providing a platform whereby these children wont have to sacrifice food for an education, or vice versa, we could feed the poor while we build a foundation of educated children who may be able to support themselves someday.  There are people who need a little help in the world to accomplish some of the goals most of us take for granted.  It doesn't take a lot, either, as long as there are enough of us who are willing to provide a little.  The genius in this idea lies within the self-perpetuating value of the crypto-currency.  If there's a community behind the project willing to provide some of their cognitive abilities, buy support for the coin, and  selfless motivations, then the project could take on a life of it's own.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: