Bitcoin Forum
October 24, 2018, 06:15:41 AM *
News: Make sure you are not using versions of Bitcoin Core other than 0.17.0 [Torrent], 0.16.3, 0.15.2, or 0.14.3. More info.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: S7's having heat sinks falling off and causing death  (Read 3384 times)
bitrev

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 01:21:09 PM

Bitmain is one of the basic vendors.

However buying batch 1 comes with some bugs/software issues, so don't haste but wait for a later batch.

The first batch is meant for guinea pigs who like to help fine-tune the product.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
torepia

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 01:36:09 PM

Bitmain is one of the basic vendors.

However buying batch 1 comes with some bugs/software issues, so don't haste but wait for a later batch.

The first batch is meant for guinea pigs who like to help fine-tune the product.

It's not tho. If that was the case, it would be called product testing/beta, not Batch 1. Batch indicated that this is the final product, not a beta run. Also, people do not pay a premium to be beta testers.
RadekG

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

" R A I D O ▬ FINANCIAL ▬ | THE GLOBAL

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 02:08:31 PM

Every batch is a kind of beta, every revision has it's own bugs and next revision can solve these bugs, but mostly it brings new ideas for improving the device or making it cheaper. Both brings new bugs which can be solved in next revisions...

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
torepia

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 02:41:11 PM

Beta - "In computing, the term "beta" is used as (usually) the last testing release(or the preview release) in the software release life cycle before the "release" version. Beta versions often have a version number of the form "0.n", (or "build number"). Typically it is the last version before a version of a software is fully released to all its actual customers."

So, hashing-board rev 0.1 would be a beta. 1.3 (Batch 1) is not.
p3yot33at3r

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 07:52:44 PM

While you have valid concerns, do we really need another 10 S7 threads? You posted the exact same thing in the S7 thread and its already being discussed in depth there.

Of course we need this thread. I need.
If you do not need , please do not post.here.

Then post it in one place, not duplicated endlessly to boost post counts.

mind your own business

Well said yxt.  Wink  I would not have seen his post had you not quoted him (he's ignored).

Too much off topic bossing & moaning by the mutt.
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 11:05:12 PM

While you have valid concerns, do we really need another 10 S7 threads? You posted the exact same thing in the S7 thread and its already being discussed in depth there.

Of course we need this thread. I need.
If you do not need , please do not post.here.

Then post it in one place, not duplicated endlessly to boost post counts.

[OT]
Or What do you do ?  write me another one  false negative Trust comment ?
Go back to your kennel and lick ....  , like a nice dogi and don't  bark in this topic  again.
[/OT]

sloopy

Activity: 689
Merit: 500

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 01:34:27 AM

Everyone here has a right to their opinion and should be promoted to have such.
Everyone wants to hear about people's issue, so they may learn.

Sometimes, people who are complaining, might be in a bad mood, but that doesn't change any of the benefits to our community to learning as much detail regarding every incident. I enjoy learning something everyday. I don't prefer hearing people being treated negatively because of making a post in the hardware section regarding hardware which isn't required to be posted in the manufacturers thread. Everyone has a right to make a thread regarding their personal issue.

Do not diminish or dismiss people or their experience because it doesn't fit what your mold of a real problem is. That is for all of us as a community to decide, and there are brilliant minds everywhere on this forum at times, maybe they would speak about personal experiences more if it received some exposure and wasn't laminated in areas of a thread which aren't packed with 10,20,30, 100 pages in a row of off-topic spouting like what happened here due to the original comment and presence of the one and only person who does think it is OK for him to have a run on of different threads. Poor guy may fall off the first page. Basic information is great but let us who want to learn, discuss, and contemplate decide, let the mods decide, but stop being a POS hall monitor and unless I am missing something you have no right telling someone to do anything.

Lay off the bugging people for making posts. Spend that time adding content to your "reviews" or "infographics" whatever you call them. Research the overclocking and underclocking threads, the real apples and oranges of the best replacement fan, not the BS corsair SP120 you recommend which is crap.
Put your own efficiency numbers up.
We know what the miners look like, pics are great, but having that and what is int eh manual with your own referral links and then riding on it isn't cutting it.
Put some real world PSU numbers up. Do something in depth on a 2880 and 2000bb

Those things would be great for initial reviews people see, and there is a lot for a n00b section, keepin it easy.
but if you want some kind of respect, appreciation or following though, all you have to do is clearly think before you post, reply, whatever, make sure you are familiar with the subject matter, close your eyes and concentrate on how not being a dick would sound.
Then type the reply, post, whatever. It isn't your place to tell people where, when, why, how they should post. You have a right to your response, but if you were a little more likable and not out to be the school hall monitor, compound it with answering many questions wrong and arguing about you were right ad-infinitum, with the basic information anyone can gather in a few minutes jumping on a few sites, you need better material for n00bs with more experience as well.

I think no matter who is complaining about whatever miner it is should be heard in the Hardware section.
If the mods here think people are out of hand with posting personal problem threads I'm sure they will handle it appropriately and notify everyone.
Personally if the mods feel as though I've been out of line with anything feel free to PM me or however these things are addressed. Lately what I see more than not is someone making a thread regarding an S-whatever experience and then a certain member always tells them something irrelevant, wrong, or, derails the thread in some other way even his personal baggage from his recent arguments with several forum members regarding his VAT scam accusation thread where he stands accused of charging vat but not paying it follows him around. It all sounds a bit shady but who knows?

Everyone makes mistakes so maybe it is better if people tend to look out for each other rather than being a forum nazi where the mods do a tough job handling inappropriate threads without anyone else's help. I believe they do what they can, but they are doing it because they aren't always in the middle of everything and most probably try to do things correctly and maintain some resemblance to non-bias which as a participant may be difficult to achieve. Especially considering the initial offense of posting a thread.

Most people know their options, some don't look around and read first, but again, you would think by now you would let the moderators or even other community members speak out if it is so revolting.

It requires a fair bit of reading to come to the conclusions of which have shown me many things regarding this.
Please let the moderators handle the infractions, and let more community members be involved by reporting when something seems out of place and most importantly stop infringing on people because they mention something negative about Bitmain. Let people say what they want without derailing the topic to be about yourself. 

If you are in the community to help miners, especially new ones, then do more of that.

Transaction fees go to the pools and the pools decide to pay them to the miners. Anything else, including off-chain solutions are stealing and not the way Bitcoin was intended to function.
Make the block size set by the pool. Pool = miners and they get the choice.
Finksy
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 05:51:08 AM

Lay off the bugging people for making posts. Spend that time adding content to your "reviews" or "infographics" marketing promotions whatever you call them.
FTFY  Cheesy

Put some real world PSU numbers up. Do something in depth on a 2880 and 2000bb
But that wouldn't get him any money helpful exposure to interesting products.

close your eyes and concentrate on how not being a dick would sound.
Self-reflection is not one of dogie's strong points. It's clearly not his fault everyone thinks he comes across as a dick, right?  Roll Eyes

If you are in the community to help miners, especially new ones, then do more of that.
He would need to hire a sitter to feed his ego while he was away.

Everything else was on point sloop, you're just a little nicer about it than I would have been Smiley  As far as the topic at hand, I'm sure many are with me in that following the "official" S7 thread is futile unless you have too much time on your hands.  I'd rather scroll through 10 S7 threads than 200 pages of off-topic chatter with ACTUAL post-count-whoring going on.

IBM 2880W PSU Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=966135 IBM 4K PSU Breakout Boards & Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1308296 
Server PSU-powered GPU rig solutions! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1864539  Wallet address: 1GWQYCv22cAikgTgT1zFuAmsJ9fFqq9TXf 
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1089

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 06:04:25 AM

Lately there is just too much drama on this entire website.

Its not only this section, the speculation, lending and gambling sections are all full of people attacking each other for no reason.

.FORTUNE.JACK.
      ▄▄███████▄▄
   ▄████▀▀ ▄ ██████▄
  ████ ▄▄███ ████████
 █████▌▐███▌ ▀▄ ▀█████
███████▄██▀▀▀▀▄████████
█████▀▄▄▄▄█████████████
████▄▄▄▄ █████████████
 ██████▌ ███▀████████
  ███████▄▀▄████████
   ▀█████▀▀███████▀
      ▀▀██████▀▀

█
...FortuneJack.com                                             
...THE BIGGEST BITCOIN GAMBLING SITE
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▄██
█████████▀███████████▄
██████████▀   ▀██████████
█████████▀       ▀█████████
████████           ████████
████████▄   ▄ ▄   ▄████████
██████████▀   ▀██████████
 ▀██
█████████████████████▀
  ▀██
███████████████████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
#JACKMATE
WIN 1 BTC
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀░░▀░░░░░▀░░▀███████
██████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐██████
██████░░░░██░░░██░░░░██████
█████▌░░░░▀▀░░░▀▀░░░░▐█████
██████▄░░▄▄▄░░░▄▄▄░░▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

▀█████████████████████████▀
el_rlee
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 11:33:33 AM

Are they glued or taped?
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 11:58:49 AM

Are they glued or taped?

From S5+ I've seen three different versions. Taped and and two different types glue.

S7's radiators are glued from my boards versions. But I do not have single miner with board version above V1.5

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.