Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:12:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 [254] 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ESHOP launched] Trezor: Bitcoin hardware wallet  (Read 965789 times)
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6099

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:00:24 PM

I find there a new version of Firmware.
So, after updating, device memory will be cleared and I need to reactivate device with seed? Right?
Can't it be updated without clearing memory?

Not necessarily, I remember making updates in the past without the need of re-typing my seed after finishing but yes, make sure you always have it before updating. If you don't, move your funds elsewhere, update and then move them back.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jackbox
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 03:13:08 PM

So, after updating, device memory will be cleared and I need to reactivate device with seed? Right?

The latest update worked this way for me.

Trezor T - updated with no issues

Trezor One (two units) - both units the upate completely wiped memory and warned me first that I had to have my recovery words or move coins to another wallet first. I recovered both units after the update with their 24 words seeds.

Buy a Trezor and Protect your BTC, BCH, BTG, DASH, LTC, DGB, ZEC, ETH and ETC from hackers.
If I was helpful please buy me a coffee BTC: 1DWK7vBaxcTC5Wd2nQwLGEoy8xdFVzGKLK  BTG: AWvN1iBqCUqG2tEh3XoVvRbdcGrAzfBBpW
If I was helpful please buy me a burger DGB: DLASV6CUQpGtGSyaVz5FYuu5YxZ17MoGQz
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1127

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 05:01:36 PM

Trezor One (two units) - both units the upate completely wiped memory and warned me first that I had to have my recovery words or move coins to another wallet first. I recovered both units after the update with their 24 words seeds.

I have Trezor One and updated and thank goodness on that prompt message about transferring funds into other wallet.If not then i might lose and together been wiped out on such update.

jackbox
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 05:34:50 PM

I have Trezor One and updated and thank goodness on that prompt message about transferring funds into other wallet.If not then i might lose and together been wiped out on such update.

You don't have your seed words backed up? There should be an offline, hand written copy put somewhere in a safe place. If you use a device like a Trezor or Ledger there is always a chance it can go bad. If you do not have your seed words all your coins would be lost. Not a very good practice.

Buy a Trezor and Protect your BTC, BCH, BTG, DASH, LTC, DGB, ZEC, ETH and ETC from hackers.
If I was helpful please buy me a coffee BTC: 1DWK7vBaxcTC5Wd2nQwLGEoy8xdFVzGKLK  BTG: AWvN1iBqCUqG2tEh3XoVvRbdcGrAzfBBpW
milewilda
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 10:36:49 PM

You don't have your seed words backed up? There should be an offline, hand written copy put somewhere in a safe place. If you use a device like a Trezor or Ledger there is always a chance it can go bad. If you do not have your seed words all your coins would be lost. Not a very good practice.
There would always be a time where i do get confident too much with the security of my Hardware wallets which i do tend not to make offline backups of seeds which is basically a very very dangerous thing for us to neglect. Due on having a very busy life i had neglected to do such offline back-up even it is just a basic stuff to remember i do still failed up but now i had secured it out.
Writing in a paper and having also a notepad stored on 2-3 usb copies.  Grin

Bombardier

Activity: 588
Merit: 264

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 01:26:47 AM

There would always be a time where i do get confident too much with the security of my Hardware wallets which i do tend not to make offline backups of seeds which is basically a very very dangerous thing for us to neglect. Due on having a very busy life i had neglected to do such offline back-up even it is just a basic stuff to remember i do still failed up but now i had secured it out.
Writing in a paper and having also a notepad stored on 2-3 usb copies.  Grin

pro tip: invert few words or write all words except 1 or 2 or 3 but make sure to remember. in this way, if someone have your incomplete seed they can do nothing. Wink
jackbox
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 01:53:38 AM

pro tip: invert few words or write all words except 1 or 2 or 3 but make sure to remember. in this way, if someone have your incomplete seed they can do nothing. Wink

If I did that I would certainly forget the few missing words.

milewilda
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 02:44:15 PM

A considerable pro tip but most likely a very risky one specially when you stored up those coins in a wallet for a very long time where it would possibly come to a point that you would miss out that single word of yours on your seed thats would really be a devastating part.
Even infos stores on my USB's do still at risk yet anytime those things will malfunction thats why i decide to make 3 copies atleast you do have a back up when a certain back up had failed out.

Bombardier

Activity: 588
Merit: 264

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 03:29:32 PM

A considerable pro tip but most likely a very risky one specially when you stored up those coins in a wallet for a very long time where it would possibly come to a point that you would miss out that single word of yours on your seed thats would really be a devastating part.
Even infos stores on my USB's do still at risk yet anytime those things will malfunction thats why i decide to make 3 copies atleast you do have a back up when a certain back up had failed out.

and encrypt all USBs using truecrypt.
examplens
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 3148

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 09:36:21 PM

Yes, I have backed up my seed, of course, just have not enough time if something went wrong.
I never tried my seed, and I don't want to experiment with funds on them.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
jackbox
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 01:28:36 AM

Yes, I have backed up my seed, of course, just have not enough time if something went wrong.
I never tried my seed, and I don't want to experiment with funds on them.

There is now a recovery trial run to make sure your seed is valid. If you have a Trezor T the words are input on the device itself so never exposed to a computer. Also, now the Trezor One has an advanced recovery with a T9 style keyboard displayed on the device that changes every word so again the key is not exposed to the real world. You can do a trial run with advanced recovery to confirm your seed words are correct.

GunsN

Activity: 262
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 07:43:58 PM

Hello everyone, I couldn't receive DGB any more, there is some error message that the address isnot correct.

look at the picture please and does anybody know what is the problem? the firmware has already updated.
thanks

♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♩
Trust Us
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 3131

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 08:46:20 PM
Last edit: July 27, 2018, 09:19:46 PM by BitCryptex

Hello everyone, I couldn't receive DGB any more, there is some error message that the address isnot correct.

look at the picture please and does anybody know what is the problem? the firmware has already updated.
thanks

I have just checked DigiByte Core's changelog and it looks like they have changed the prefix of nested SegWit addresses from 3 to S. You could try replacing S with 3, but I don't guarantee that your coins will be in your wallet once you withdraw them. You can test it out with a small amount of coins. The same thing happened to Litecoin. TREZOR provides an external website to convert between the available formats of Litecoin addresses.
jackbox
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 04:51:08 AM

thanks

I have just checked DigiByte Core's changelog and it looks like they have changed the prefix of nested SegWit addresses from 3 to S. You could try replacing S with 3, but I don't guarantee that your coins will be in your wallet once you withdraw them. You can test it out with a small amount of coins. The same thing happened to Litecoin. TREZOR provides an external website to convert between the available formats of Litecoin addresses.

If you use Trezor wallet website you can go into settings and set the backend to https://explorer.digibyteprojects.com for DGB. Save and reload. This is showing the new Segwit addresses with the "S" prefix. All my old addresses were automatically changed in the history and if you generate a new receive address it will be in the proper format. Do that and try your withdrawal again.

MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 02:48:29 PM

Trezor is now supporting MetaMask, I believe It's the first hardware wallet that support that.

https://blog.trezor.io/trezor-metamask-ethereum-dapps-smart-contracts-announcement-dac153caa66c
lavara

Activity: 532
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2018, 04:03:26 AM

Interesting design, a purse so kroshenok where you can see the technical specifications - you can duplicate if it's not difficult. I understand it is very compact and it will be possible to carry it with you? This is a good decision, what is the price of such a device-for example, at least, and how are you going to implement it?

Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 10:08:42 AM

This is a good decision, what is the price of such a device-for example, at least, and how are you going to implement it?

TREZOR has been available for sale for quite a long time. They even released a new model with completely rewritten software, larger touchscreen and micro-SD slot. You can order it from their official shop. The first model costs 89 EUR and the other 149 EUR. I am surprised that you haven't heard of it.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 12:07:36 AM

Hey,

I found something interesting,

Case scenario:
  1. Plug-in your Trezor One.
  2. Go to "Receive" Tab.
  3. Click "Show full address".
  4. Don't "Check address on TREZOR".
  5. Close your browser / disconnect from wallet.trezor.io.
  6. Don't unplug your Trezor One.
  7. Open wallet.trezor.io again - even after a day or more.
  8. You can login without entering the PIN.

What do you think about it? Safe or need an update?  ;-)

Best wishes.
jackbox
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 08:59:12 AM

Hey,

I found something interesting,

Case scenario:
  1. Plug-in your Trezor One.
  2. Go to "Receive" Tab.
  3. Click "Show full address".
  4. Don't "Check address on TREZOR".
  5. Close your browser / disconnect from wallet.trezor.io.
  6. Don't unplug your Trezor One.
  7. Open wallet.trezor.io again - even after a day or more.
  8. You can login without entering the PIN.

Best wishes.

You enter your pin to enable the USB interface from the Trezor one to computer. It is up to your own personal security to unplug the Trezor one to log it out. I would never leave mine plugged in all day or overnight like that. When I finish the current transaction I unplug it straight away.

Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:51:43 AM

It seems to be the same for my TREZOR One which has the latest firmware. When I open the wallet again, the website asks me to enter only my passphrase. "You’ll then need to enter this same PIN each time you are about the do the first transaction using your freshly plugged-in TREZOR." - after a while of testing I noticed that the device lock timer stops on "Show full address" and resets when you confirm on the TREZOR that the address is correct. It seems to be a bug.

It is up to your own personal security to unplug the Trezor one to log it out.

TREZOR locks itself after 10 minutes of inactivity by default.
Pages: « 1 ... 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 [254] 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 »
  Print  

Jump to: