Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:29:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin T-Shirt  (Read 1044 times)
kwoody (OP)

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

Technology and Women. Amazing.

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 01:00:11 PM

I searched for a streamlined Bitcoin oriented t-shirt and found a thread that's over a year old with no replies, and one that got edited to completely delete the contents of the OP. Why didn't the t-shirt thing pickup? alot of people would like them I'd imagine, if nothing else than as conversation starters. if any custom clothing shops on here would be interested, I'd like to purchase a shirt. An all-black shirt with a big golden 1's and 0's encircled Bitcoin on the front-center, and some words on the back, like "Fuck the Fed" and possibly a url or 2, like weusecoins.com.

If you make it, I will buy it, and I'm not alone.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 11:23:33 PM

and some words on the back, like "Fuck the Fed"

If I saw someone wearing that shirt, I wouldn't want to go to the link either. When providing an alternative to something you don't really go around saying "DUDE SCREW M&M'S, SKITTLES ARE WAY BETTER BESIDES MM'S ARE FOR TERRORISTS" or something, (unless you are a politician maybe). Anyway I wouldn't recommend that.

hi
jga

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

http://btcgear.com

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2012, 11:54:00 PM

We're looking at producing new Bitcoin-branded apparel including t-shirts. The problem with your t-shirt design idea is that it's too specific. In order for a design to be profitable, it has to be non-specific and generic enough that a hundred bitcoiners will buy it. Would you settle for a black t-shirt with the following logo on the front and a weusecoins URL on the back?

How much would you pay for the exact t-shirt you want?

How much would you pay for a more generic t-shirt?

Bitcoin simplified. - a new, simpler Bitcoin guide.
Bitcoin Hats and the newest styles from GUNNAR Optiks on sale now at BTC Gear.
Deafboy

Activity: 482
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2012, 12:19:20 AM

What about orange t-shirt with white BTC on the front, and some URL on the back?
jwzguy

Activity: 868

View Profile
November 09, 2012, 01:59:27 AM

I tried to start a thread about making a group order at cost for a very simple shirt design and it was derailed by this site's biggest asshole ever, MNW. His unsolicited criticisms were mainly aimed at completely irrelevant things, like the fact that the mock-up design software didn't anti-alias the shirt text.

Although the poll received enough votes on a design to make an order, not enough people PM'd me order information to go through with it.

I have been thinking about making one again recently ...I really just want a decent looking shirt for myself. But this time I will just make it and order a handful of extras. When it happens I'll post again.
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2012, 03:09:17 AM

I have a variety of shirts ( in stock) but if none is exactly as you like I can make others. 

http://cryptoanarchy.com/store/index.php?route=product/category&path=60

Would you be interested in this one in black?   The text can be changed.

Mushroomized
Legendary

Hello!

View Profile
November 09, 2012, 03:14:40 AM

I have a variety of shirts ( in stock) but if none is exactly as you like I can make others. 

No offense, but it doesn't look so great as a shirt. My reasoning is

1) Shaded things don't work so well on a shirt
2) the coin design might be a bit too complex for a shirt, which can be kind of distracting
3) The words bitcoin.org are in a yellowish color, on a white tshirt.

However, it might look good in black.

If you are interested maybe we could work up some kind of shirt design together that would work a bit better?

hi
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2012, 03:56:26 AM

2) the coin design might be a bit too complex for a shirt, which can be kind of distracting

If you are interested maybe we could work up some kind of shirt design together that would work a bit better?

The design does look pretty good in person but I do think black would be better.

What kind of design are you thinking of? 

Do people prefer bitcoin.org, weusecoins.com or something else?

Mushroomized
Legendary

Hello!

View Profile
November 09, 2012, 04:01:52 AM

The design does look pretty good in person but I do think black would be better.

What kind of design are you thinking of? 

Do people prefer bitcoin.org, weusecoins.com or something else?
we use coins is better for newcomers I think.

Anyway, for a design I was thinking of the adopted "bitcoin logo" (the orange one) on the center, something like "Peer-to-peer currency" or "be your own bank" written on it, and the weusecoins.com logo on the back. Something that is interesting, but isnt as offensive as "fuck the fed" or anything that might make people think you are some kind of insane person.

hi
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: