Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:36:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain  (Read 1755 times)
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 01:58:10 PM

Wifi boosters have been sold out for like 3 weeks..
S7 for like a week..

Soo............. any speculation?  Just making new batches?

Making a new U4?!?!?!?!?!?!!
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 02:13:23 PM

Wifi boosters have been sold out for like 3 weeks..
S7 for like a week..

Soo............. any speculation?  Just making new batches?

Making a new U4?!?!?!?!?!?!!

I'm not sure seems like they ran out much quicker then I thought. Crazy Guy has some in stock last I heard and was selling - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=612390.0

Might hit him up if your wanting one, that is where I got mine from.
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 03:22:19 PM

More so just curious to what they are doing.

Perhaps a different heat sink method for the S7..
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 03:26:36 PM

Read over in speculation - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1219211.0

There is a big rumor going around that there might be a new S7 design.  We cannot be for sure yet.  But the person it came from is a pretty good source.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 07:00:23 PM

There is a big rumor going around that there might be a new S7 design.  We cannot be for sure yet.  But the person it came from is a pretty good source.
I didn't think this would be a replacement just a new line to go with the current design as well.

If they have 2 at once that would be a little hard. I mean do you the S7 unless they call it S7+ or something would change name of line.  I mean I doubt they want to call it S7- or even lite, just does not sound powerful or keep with naming.

I'm pretty curious to see what they do.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 10:12:43 PM

Actually, the S7- would make perfect sense from their previous naming conventions, though I think the S7Lite would be a better choice from a marketing standpoint.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
lama-hunter

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 10:15:12 PM

Iam very happy using my Antminer u3+. Its very cheap by electricity. It would be great if Bitmain would bring up the next Antminer u4+ for ultra efficient Mining  Grin
If they could lower the powerconsumption that would be akward.

Otherwise i think a Antminer s7 BAtch 2 is at the Moment the best from the Guys out of Bitmain  Cool

regards
lama-hunter
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 12:37:46 AM

Iam very happy using my Antminer u3+. Its very cheap by electricity. It would be great if Bitmain would bring up the next Antminer u4+ for ultra efficient Mining  Grin

Otherwise i think a Antminer s7 BAtch 2 is at the Moment the best from the Guys out of Bitmain  Cool

regards
lama-hunter

Really we don't know what they are doing on U series.   It would be nice to have U4 but not sure what will happen.

The good news is we know sidehack has been working on pods, that will be a huge upgrade from U3's.  So I'm excited about that to come.  Check here if you have not seen about it - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1203190.0
quantumgravity

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2015, 04:14:32 AM

Maybe there is just a very high demand.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 05:33:21 AM

Maybe there is just a very high demand.

As far as S7 they left orders open for a really long time, so I don't think this was a problem.  The problem they have is shipping out the S7's they already sold. 

It's kinda a cluster is nice word on shipping right now on S7's.  And with low compensation... they don't have a huge reason to rush.  So we could have people not so happy if shipping continues to be slow.
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 09:08:44 AM

No competition right this minute - but that changes in November to "low" (Avalon 6) and probably again around December (Lketc/BW.com BEleven) and there might be more in the wings that we don't know about yet (Innosilicon has a tendancy to not announce miner units 'till they're actually available)....

Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2015, 03:32:55 PM

Bitmain announced today that there will be another 500 S7 for sale in Hashnest on November 3 price is not known yet.

QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 09:52:19 AM

And us home miners care about S7s on hashnest why?

Huh

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 04:54:41 PM

Huh

As it's' not a bad thing to have a miner in the "cloud" if a legit service.  It's nice being able to sell hash/miner in cloud. 

But your right with US and decent electricity I do most of mine as hardware in my control.   But i like to have small holdings in the "cloud".
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 05:55:38 PM

Huh

As it's' not a bad thing to have a miner in the "cloud" if a legit service.  It's nice being able to sell hash/miner in cloud.  

But your right with US and decent electricity I do most of mine as hardware in my control.   But i like to have small holdings in the "cloud".

I wants a U4 for home mining, or sell sidehack their newest chip and he can make a newer USB miner.
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 05:59:21 PM

Huh

As it's' not a bad thing to have a miner in the "cloud" if a legit service.  It's nice being able to sell hash/miner in cloud.  

But your right with US and decent electricity I do most of mine as hardware in my control.   But i like to have small holdings in the "cloud".

I wants a U4 for home mining, or sell sidehack their newest chip and he can make a newer USB miner.
I think everyone wants Bitmain to sell their chips to Sidehack but I don't think they want to.

We should start a chant.. peer pressure works wonders.

OR they could hire side hack.. now that would be freaking neato.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 06:08:13 PM

Huh

I think everyone wants Bitmain to sell their chips to Sidehack but I don't think they want to.

We are honestly lucky they sold him a initial batch.  I'm surprised they did that even.   The great thing is sidehack with his skills will be able to take boards and get the chips.... which is a  great way around them not selling chips.   So hopefully we see some pods with this which I think we will.

And I'm hoping one of the other companies coming with miners will sell him chips.  Avalon, Innsilicon, etc have a chance at least of selling.  So we can hope they do.
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 07:09:02 PM

I am suprised KNC, Avalon, etc haven't tried to hire him to make small home miners with their products.
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 10:31:30 PM

Bitmain sold Sidehack a batch of chips they knew were going to be outdated shortly after the sale.
IMO just part and parcel of their "dump all the BM1384 gear we can, dump all the chips we can however, before we start selling this BM1385 chip-based stuff we just started building".

KNC has zero interest in home miners, they burnt themselves too often trying to deal with folks that actually expected specs and timeframes to be met - keeping their stuff for themselves avoids all that hassle, at a small cost in potential profits (and a MAJOR net profit gain in lack of lawsuits for non-performance and broken junk shipped etc.).

Avalon seems to have a competant design team - my only issue with them is they think they are Apple or Rolls and can price at a significant premium for percieved quality when the quality doesn't matter that much to a unit that will be obsolete in a year or two.

What would be interesting is if someone with a large chunck of change decided to get into the market and hired Sidehack and Novak and a good semi design team (too bad they're way too small potatoes for Berkshire to get interested in)....

thefaucetrunner

Activity: 714

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 10:32:53 PM

regards
lama-hunter

What sort of usage are you seeing? Do you run more than one? I'm considering getting into mining on the hobby end of things, I'd like to find an efficient miner if there is any out there!

S7 is a little over my budget.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
BitcoinCleanUp.com

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
#EndTheFUD

██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██