Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:24:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Cryptostocks] (DIVC) Dividend Crazy  (Read 4712 times)
DividendCrazy (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 02:52:05 PM

To instill confidence to potential investors, you should give your personal information to an escrow agent and allow them to verify your identity and act as an auditor of your actual accounts on the brokerage.  Then if you run with your client's money, the escrow agent can release your personal identification to the world.

I like this idea. I don't know/trust any of them. Who here is trusted within the community? Drop some names and I'll start considering.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stochastic

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 12:23:48 PM

To instill confidence to potential investors, you should give your personal information to an escrow agent and allow them to verify your identity and act as an auditor of your actual accounts on the brokerage.  Then if you run with your client's money, the escrow agent can release your personal identification to the world.

I like this idea. I don't know/trust any of them. Who here is trusted within the community? Drop some names and I'll start considering.

How about starting with the people that run Cryptostocks?  You trust them enough to set up shop there.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 01:44:43 PM

I did ID escrow for Goat, used transliteration software, and double-checked data when he refused to release his info to Nefario, keeping it encrypted and hidden away, and have absolutely no conflict of interest (aside a gut feeling of skepticism), fwiw.
DividendCrazy (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 08:46:29 PM

How about starting with the people that run Cryptostocks?  You trust them enough to set up shop there.

And if we have another GLBSE situation with this exchange? Then what? if anything were to happen to me, then what do you think would happen to the funds? Lawyer fees and court costs?

That's what I'm trying to avoid through all of this.
DividendCrazy (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 08:53:04 PM

I did ID escrow for Goat, used transliteration software, and double-checked data when he refused to release his info to Nefario, keeping it encrypted and hidden away, and have absolutely no conflict of interest (aside a gut feeling of skepticism), fwiw.

Can you link to proof? If people will trust me more because I did this, then I would be open to do so. The only other way I see trust being built is by me paying those dividends.

On a side note, I saw that there were some large purchases! Thank you to those that risked it!
Deprived

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 10:45:39 PM

Can you link to proof? If people will trust me more because I did this, then I would be open to do so. The only other way I see trust being built is by me paying those dividends.

On a side note, I saw that there were some large purchases! Thank you to those that risked it!

Paying dividends doesn't (or shouldn't) of itself gain a lot of trust.  Ponzis are better at paying dividends than real investments - until they stop.  Transparency is best way to get trust - provide a way whereby investors can see that you're doing what you say you're doing and making the profts that you say you're making from doing so.
Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 11:13:40 PM

Paying dividends doesn't (or shouldn't) of itself gain a lot of trust.  Ponzis are better at paying dividends than real investments - until they stop.  Transparency is best way to get trust - provide a way whereby investors can see that you're doing what you say you're doing and making the profts that you say you're making from doing so.

+1

DividendCrazy (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 05:14:51 AM

+1

I will not give up my identity, however I am willing to show statements at least. I WILL however block out things, like account #'s and whatever else I think will be "personal". Either way, we now hold shares with two companies that pay monthly dividends. So, starting February, we should be receiving bi-monthly payouts! This is very exciting!
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 07:58:02 PM

I couldn't find the original threads. There was a lot of drama back then between Goat and Nefario. However, here's a post where Goat notes I did hold the ID in escrow: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74975.msg896501#msg896501
stochastic

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 02:26:10 AM

And if we have another GLBSE situation with this exchange? Then what? if anything were to happen to me, then what do you think would happen to the funds? Lawyer fees and court costs?

That's what I'm trying to avoid through all of this.

I don't see what this has to do with your identity.  If Cryptostocks collapses the same way GLBSE did, then you might still lose your funds whether they have your true name or not.  You need to make clear to the investors if should be held liable in the event that your fund is able to trade on cryptostocks or not.  Giving your identity to someone is allowing people an ability to find you in the event that you are pulling a scam.  You need to allow the possibility that if you screw up and are liable for the funds that your identity could be exposed.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
DividendCrazy (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 09:31:06 PM

A dividend was paid out today.

$7.12 was the dividend amount and 15% was set aside for taxes. ($1.07) leaving us with $6.05 to be paid out to investors.

There was no Dwolla fee since this was under $10.00

I converted 6.05 @ the market price and received BTC0.2848.

I transferred the BTC0.2848 and paid the transfer fee myself (0.0005).

I then paid out the dividend. With Cryptostocks collecting their fee on dividend payment, the end result was: BTC0.28479863 total paid out to 541 shares. The dividend per share was: BTC0.00052643

There should be another payment around February 15th. Since we are now in two dividend paying companies.

**Cryptostocks has implemented a new "Fee Surcharge" system. I will be charging a 0.2% fee for funds management. In light of this, I will be verifying myself with Kluge.

Why will I not verify myself with Cryptostocks? Because if Cryptostocks catches any flack from any government agency, I'm sure they will give up whatever they can to save themselves. I've said it before. I want to avoid any GLBSE fiasco again. If anything goes down, I'll stay in touch and since the funds are in a stock exchange (independent of bitcoins), we won't have any risk of losing them. If I do run for the hills, Kluge will release my information for all to find me.

Feel free to post any feedback or concerns. Thanks!
DividendCrazy (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 07:33:01 PM

$8.00 was paid as a dividend.

15% was set aside for taxes ($1.20).

$6.80 was sent to MTGOX and converted at $26.72324 per Bitcoin. BTC0.2545 minus the MTGOX fee of BTC0.001527 leaving us with BTC0.252973 to be paid out to shareholders.

BTC0.25297160 was paid out after Cryptostocks fee.

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 03:46:09 AM

$8.00 was paid as a dividend.

15% was set aside for taxes ($1.20).

$6.80 was sent to MTGOX and converted at $26.72324 per Bitcoin. BTC0.2545 minus the MTGOX fee of BTC0.001527 leaving us with BTC0.252973 to be paid out to shareholders.

BTC0.25297160 was paid out after Cryptostocks fee.

Let me ask you, how did you not lose your stocks value in BTC terms with the BTC rally?

Not the reduced dividends in BTC terms, but you are still selling it @ 0.25..
DividendCrazy (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 06:23:39 PM

I'm still trying to sell it at BTC0.25. It hasn't traded at that for almost a month now  Cry.

A few people are selling off the stock, which I understand. If they invested BTC0.25 back when BTC was worth $10, they've almost tripled their USD value. I could "adjust" my sell offer of the BTC equivalent to ~$3 per share like it was when I first started, but that would be unfair to the original investors. If I raise more funding now, with the BTC price so high, I'll end up with a higher USD amount of funding. So when BTC goes back down (because it will), we will have withdrawn BTC at a high price and invested it, then paid dividends as it came down... So more BTC's!

I have about BTC6 waiting that needs to be invested, but I won't withdrawl it until I have at least $500 worth of BTC raised to invest with. It wouldn't be worth investing ~$150 and paying a $4 fee to do so. Because the annual % yield on that will be ~10%.

I hope this helps answer your question. If not, be more specific and I will try my best to clarify.
superbit

Activity: 763

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 07:35:03 PM

Investing BTC in investments that deal in FIAT are always going to have extreme exchange rate risk.  At least for the foreseeable future.

https://bitfinex.com/?refcode=UInJLQ5KpA <-- leveraged trading of BTCUSD, LTCUSD and LTCBTC (long and short) - 10% discount on fees for the first 30 days with the refcode
My feedback thread: Forum thread
DividendCrazy (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 07:59:31 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2013, 06:05:51 PM by DividendCrazy

I agree with you, however the dividend payouts will always be worth the same USD value. As in, if USD BTC goes up in value, you get less BTC, but the same USD value equivalent. If USD BTC goes down in value, then we get more BTC, but still the same USD value.

I'm a fan of it. As long as those dividends last.

On a side note, our account value has risen as well. By ~5%.
DividendCrazy (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 06:47:37 PM

Dividend of $8.38 was received. $1.26 was set aside for taxes. $7.12 was transferred to MT.GOX and traded at $47.25007 for BTC0.1507 after the fee, we were left with BTC0.1497958.

After the fee that CS collects, we were paid: BTC0.14979040 total or 0.00027535 per share.
DividendCrazy (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 05:09:59 AM

Dividend of $7.12 was received. 6.05 was paid out after taxes!

The higher price of BTC is going crazy! :-P

On even more great news, with the price increase, we have hit $680 in reserves. I'll be withdrawing those funds to invest with now. So we will begin to see a higher return in about a month! :-)
DividendCrazy (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 05:26:16 AM

Dividend of $10.73 was paid.

$1.61 was put aside for taxes.

BTC0.0748 was purchased.

A fee of BTC0.00044880 was paid.

Leaving us with a dividend of BTC0.0743512

Sorry it was late. CS was experiencing technical difficulties.

DividendCrazy (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 06:10:03 AM

Dividend of $14.25 was paid.

$2.14 was set aside for taxes.

$12.11 was converted to BTC @ $101.99 minus a fee of $0.07

BTC0.11808764 was paid out.

As you all know, MT.GOX has ceased operations within the USofA. I will be using CampBX moving forward.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: