Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:43:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Not receiving BTC - Status: conflicted  (Read 1199 times)
Marinusje (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 08:29:03 PM

First of all i was using Bitcoin Core v0.11.0 on the day of the incoming transaction and now v0.11.1.

Last Tuesday was my first payment from using the bitcoinaliens faucets like their website(s) and apps Bitcoin Aliens, Free Bitcoin and Abundance.
However i did not see any BTC coming in and then on Wednesday i discovered that in Transactions there is an incoming transaction with the satus "conflicted"
and it has been the same fpr 2 days now and is a sort of greyed out.

I have been googling for hours but i do not find a solution for this specific case, and my knowledge of bitcoins and the bitcoin wallet is not sufficient to do some technical stuff
that involves a risk of loosing any BTC. i am unable to find the transaction id on https://blockchain.info
This is what i see in my Bitcoin Core Wallet:

Date: 10/27/2015 06:14
To: 1CEQ5tMkCDiA2HvUYgcsCDkgjeixxxXjd1
Credit: 0.00170843 BTC
Net amount: +0.00170843 BTC
Transaction ID: 098a9884c60df6c8296c742a1a1c02c62fac4736302e8a48e0a4cc77f26186e7-000

Is there any chance it will correct itself? can someone please help me?
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 6530

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2015, 08:53:12 PM

It looks like Bitcoin Aliens screwed up. They were creating transactions which have a High S signatures, which are now considered non-standard transactions. Some nodes on the network will malleate those high s signatures to low s signatures, thus changing the txid (but nothing else; the transactions are still valid and the coins go to where they are supposed to). The problem is that Bitcoin Aliens built a chain of transactions which includes yours that spent from an original transaction that got malleated. The malleated transaction is the one that was confirmed, so that original transaction and any transactions in its chain will never be confirmed.

Your best option is to contact their support.

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2015, 09:00:58 PM

It looks like Bitcoin Aliens screwed up. They were creating transactions which have a High S signatures, which are now considered non-standard transactions. Some nodes on the network will malleate those high s signatures to low s signatures, thus changing the txid (but nothing else; the transactions are still valid and the coins go to where they are supposed to). The problem is that Bitcoin Aliens built a chain of transactions which includes yours that spent from an original transaction that got malleated. The malleated transaction is the one that was confirmed, so that original transaction and any transactions in its chain will never be confirmed.

Your best option is to contact their support.

Such quickness...

here some links: this (A) -> https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC/tx/fd742bc365a2bf288518a5bca83f70ed13fd14cea19c0b5221fa1c84f26b2da1

is the TX that was malleated the TX by OP depends on it via several other TX.

This -> https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC/tx/7999688d2510fcb19c4e649dda2a5bac5d854a7039c343718f7ce05fb79d64d4

however is the TX that was confirmed instead. As such the long chain that followed A is invalid and will never confirm.

---

Marinusje if you want to remove the conflicted transaction from your wallet you need to run bitcoin core with -zapwallettxes. E.g. for Windows you

#1 close bitcoin core
#1.5 make sure its closed
#2 open run -> WIN + R
#3 enter bitcoins path with the added command -> c:\Program Files\Bitcoin\bitcoin-qt.exe -zapwallettxes
#4 confirm with OK
#5 let it do its thing for a while.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Marinusje (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 09:32:23 PM

@knightdk  "Your best option is to contact their support." i wish i could find out how to contact them.

@shorena  So if i do use -zapwallettxes this wont affect any BTC i have in my wallet? And will they transaction be sent again automatically or do Bitcoin Aliens manually have to resend it?

Thanks
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2015, 09:39:37 PM

@knightdk  "Your best option is to contact their support." i wish i could find out how to contact them.

It seems they have a thread here -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=853374.0

@shorena  So if i do use -zapwallettxes this wont affect any BTC i have in my wallet? And will they transaction be sent again automatically or do Bitcoin Aliens manually have to resend it?

Thanks

No, this will not affect the BTC you have. What it does is remove all transactions it knows about (it keeps the labels though) and rescan the blockchain. Thus it will only forget about transactions that are not confirmed, everything else will be as before.

Bitcoin Aliens will need to resend the transaction. Better wording by knightdk below.

achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 6530

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2015, 09:40:17 PM

@knightdk  "Your best option is to contact their support." i wish i could find out how to contact them.
I think this guy: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=361306 is the owner of Bitcoin Aliens. Send him a PM.

@shorena  So if i do use -zapwallettxes this wont affect any BTC i have in my wallet? And will they transaction be sent again automatically or do Bitcoin Aliens manually have to resend it?

Thanks
zapwallettxes will remove all of the unconfirmed transactions from your wallet, including that conflicted one.

Bitcoin Aliens will need to resend the Bitcoin. They cannot just resend the transaction, since resending it will not change its status of unconfirmed.

Marinusje (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 10:00:53 PM

Marinusje if you want to remove the conflicted transaction from your wallet you need to run bitcoin core with -zapwallettxes. E.g. for Windows you

#1 close bitcoin core
#2 open run -> WIN + R
#3 enter bitcoins path with the added command -> c:\Program Files\Bitcoin\bitcoin-qt.exe -zapwallettxes
#4 confirm with OK

Thanks this helped me get rid of the conflicted transaction, btw i used -zapwallettxes=1

i also send a pm to bitcoinaliens

Thanks again
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2015, 10:19:26 PM

#1 close bitcoin core
#2 open run -> WIN + R
#4 confirm with OK

Thanks this helped me get rid of the conflicted transaction, btw i used -zapwallettxes=1

i also send a pm to bitcoinaliens

Thanks again

=1 is the default value, but I like that you read up on the command first. Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: