Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:46:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Beginning of the End?  (Read 289 times)
Lupus Solitarius

Activity: 273
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:29:09 AM

By definition, a coin created by government can't be decentralized, so I don't see any difference with usual fiat money.
It seems to me a nice try to change the perception about local money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nikjain422

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:06:27 PM

Yes it is a major issue and can cause a hurricane in the world of cryptos.Many countries are also planning to launch their own crypto and even many corporate heads are planning to launch their own coin under there belt so that they can promote their product as well as earn profit from crypto world too.Recently one of the business giant announce that he will launch his own coin with a name of it's recent launch.If this continue it could make huge loss to the traditional coins like Bitcoin and this is very serious issue as people who will do this are either government or entrepreneur and both are very powerful people.
HappyDevil

Activity: 86

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:42:06 PM

I think the bad news in the past will make more people know the cryptocurrency market and invest in it more. Instead of worrying about the market, I think that smart investors are researching into investing in new coin that has a lot of potential to increase in the future. On the bitcoin side, I think that for a coin to replace it is very difficult, bitcoin will still lead the market, only that it will not increase as strongly as the last time.
Nick Abimanyu

Activity: 406
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:54:57 PM

Venezuela just announced its backing it's national crypto currency with crude barrels. While also rolling out regulations for the petro coin as Russia did the same for their national crrypto currency as well. It is clear that crypto is here to stay but what about the dollar? In past cases we have gone to war almost instantaneously with any nation state that has attempted to tade oil.in anything other than the USD. But as China, Russia, Iran, and others are will begin trading oil in gold backed yuan, and at least the rubble as well, it seems that Maduro is simply jumping the gun on the new status quo. So What Will Happen Next? Will we see an immediate decline in the dollar? Does this explain the crypto markets current bounceback at this moment after days in slumps? Many changes on the horizon. And the most important question of all for Americans right now is which crypto currency will burst through the ceilings to "save the day" (and make us rich). We have seen some regulation but largely the control seems to be centralizing itself in all the same familiar institutional places. Which definitely accounts for XRP''s %500 gains this month.  And by that i mean control in a "Fannie May" kind of way.  Will we remain the wild west of crypto currencies as other parts of the world rollout protections? Will the dollar crash and turn it all to chao's in the process? Only time will tell, but the clock started today!

XRP is one of the coins manipulated by banksters "not a mining coin". In my personal opinion XRP is unlikely to last as long as true crypto, because XRP is considered quite disgusting to crypto fans.

Yes it is a major issue and can cause a hurricane in the world of cryptos.Many countries are also planning to launch their own crypto and even many corporate heads are planning to launch their own coin under there belt so that they can promote their product as well as earn profit from crypto world too.Recently one of the business giant announce that he will launch his own coin with a name of it's recent launch.If this continue it could make huge loss to the traditional coins like Bitcoin and this is very serious issue as people who will do this are either government or entrepreneur and both are very powerful people.

The same assumption, I agree with what you say. A sudden suspicion crossed my mind that they will kill off the existing mining coins and replace them with their coins.
Man21

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:38:30 AM

Well dollars has been exist for very far way longer than cryptocurrency. Crypto is like baby and dollars is old people.
In rule of rotation, the baby as new generation will change old people but in this case i am not sure that crypto will change dollars.
cybersofts
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:28:07 AM

I also wonder what will happen with other crypto if Russia or ther countries will issue national crypto. They have much funds to promote it and it can replace some top coins.

Russia Proposes First Multinational Cryptocurrency called: Pax Crypto

Recently the Russian President Vladimir Putin proposed a cyber-initiative grander in scale than Pax Mongolica after consulting with Ethereum co-founder Blockchain expert Vitalik Buterin and experts from fifteen other countries- including the US, India, Israel, Armenia and Turkey- about their Blockchain and cryptocurrency initiatives. Putin’s first of it’s kind cyber-initiative will connect some of the most promising emerging market economies stretching across Asia, Eastern Europe, Africa and South America, via Blockchain and smart contract technology by using a new multinational cryptocurrency to be collectively adopted by the BRICS and the Eurasian Economic Union (EEU) countries (Member States).

Source: https://cointelegraph.com/news/pax-crypto-russia-proposes-first-multinational-cryptocurrency-expert-blog
RheaLity

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:09:43 AM

Well dollars has been exist for very far way longer than cryptocurrency. Crypto is like baby and dollars is old people.
In rule of rotation, the baby as new generation will change old people but in this case i am not sure that crypto will change dollars.

I agree, crypto currency is like baby that will be a new generation in the future .
BlazingBlack_Dragon

Activity: 102
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:45:00 AM

Money is control & power.

Bitcoin is the "revolution" of our time. It is decentralizing power and control at an accelerated pace.

Governments and financial institutions will do everything they can to retain control and power. They are making their own cryptocurrencies.

Ripple is one. It's up to you to support it.
EinaiOraCoinDev

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:32:00 AM

No, why would it be the beggining of the end? For me, this is just starting, and all those shits that happened during the last year regarding some laws, regulations, are now going to get fixed during this year, it is just matter of time.
tushkanych

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:21:40 AM

It seems to me that one day there will come a time when a large bitcoin bubble burst with a loud Bang. And the culprits are obviously not the United States, they are in their pursuit of taxes have not increased in the crypto world. Perhaps the beginning of the end will put China or Japan.
tranduc2101

Activity: 333

Lifestyle & Wellness Platform

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:25:24 AM

I also wonder what will happen with other crypto if Russia or ther countries will issue national crypto. They have much funds to promote it and it can replace some top coins.
I do not think the world government will let this happen especially in the big countries of the world. If major countries around the world release their own crypto, it could have a huge impact on the economy of that country.

burner2014

Activity: 952
Merit: 515

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:13:09 PM

I do not think the world government will let this happen especially in the big countries of the world. If major countries around the world release their own crypto, it could have a huge impact on the economy of that country.
They can really do it, but I don't think that they will do it, since they will just have a virtual currency on their own so there is no sense if other countries won't ever try to buy it, so better to have a currency which everyone is free to to buy it, do not worry other coins will end but not bitcoin.
LSt56

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:36:54 PM

I doubt the coins they make can rival the bitcoin. The whole world wears it and this power can not be defeated. Bitcoin is king
It is true that although some countries in the world have a lot of money to launch their own coins, then it is not necessarily able to compete with Bitcoin because bitcoin is already known to the public first and they know that bitcoin is the first so that its strength will be so great and it will be very difficult for newcomers to be able to compete with bitcoin.

CryptoRyuzaki

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 04:13:42 PM

An interesting assessment on the possibility of reduction in US dollar when cryptocurrency takes more adoption. On thinking about that point, I agree - Now oil and other essential commodities are price referenced in USD. When they get switched to cryptocurrency, I would expect the demand for USD will reduce. Similarly, I would expect the need for fiat currencies will reduce as cryptocurrency gains more adoption.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: