Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:56:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Rand Paul 2016  (Read 3633 times)
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2012, 10:40:56 PM

Those who believe that Rand Paul is more socially conservative than Romney or just about any sitting Republican are quite ill informed.

He is likely more socially liberal than most Democrats.

While you may agree or disagree with his stances below, it is ludicrous to say that he is more socially liberal then most democrats. 

http://www.ontheissues.org/senate/Rand_Paul.htm

Rand Paul on Civil Rights

Illegal to impose racial segregation in the private sector. (May 2010)
    Opposes same-sex marriage. (Nov 2009)
    Opposes affirmative action. (Aug 2010)
    Supports Amendment to prevent same sex marriage. (Aug 2010)

Most Democrats Politicians are anything but liberal on social issues. 

Rather, they are authoritarian reactionaries seeking to impose their preferred social values/arrangements/preferences/priorities on the unwilling via the coercive power of state violence.

They are the mirror image of the right wing; both are utterly opposed to personal freedom yet disagree about which forms of liberty are most important to quash.

FTFY

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2121

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 10:46:30 PM

Rand Paul on Civil Rights

Illegal to impose racial segregation in the private sector. (May 2010)
    Opposes same-sex marriage. (Nov 2009)
    Opposes affirmative action. (Aug 2010)
    Supports Amendment to prevent same sex marriage. (Aug 2010)

Items 1 and 3 are not so much socially liberal as hobby horses of the left. Items 2 and 4 are one item and could be seen from more than one perspective (my own is that government should be out of the marriage business completely).

I do agree with your other statement that the repubs need to move away from social conservatism (Well, I would, wouldn't I?) but there are several issues that should not be political at all. (Abortion should be left to the conscience of the individual politicians for example).

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2012, 11:09:41 PM

Wow, you read a politician's website and actually assume it accurate?
Ontheissues.org looks at voting record and public statements. So, the extent to which it is inaccurate, is the extent to which he has lied to the public.
A statement that applies to every other elected official, everywhere.  How do you know a politian is lying, again?

So, so true. Sad Which is why I'm an Anarchist. giving these sorts of people a monopoly on the industries of justice and protection is like trusting your cookie jar to this guy:

Isn't that a face that just screams "trust me"?

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Rudd-O

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2012, 11:53:17 PM

I see people talk about what this or that mafioso is going to do, and this Quino cartoon comes to mind:

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: