Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:04:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CCTV: HK billionaire kidnapped and ransom asked to be paid in bitcoin  (Read 1715 times)
uwichii

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 05:45:58 AM

These guys watch too much movies... It would be better for them to demand this in international wire transfers to offshore bank accounts or to take this in smaller quantities in

many different locations. They are after all linked to Triad gangs and can easily force someone to do the pickups for them and have zero chance of being captured.

Bitcoin is absolutely the worst way to pay ransom demands... if they want to convert it to fiat to fund their other operations. Crazy stuff.... and nowhere close to the best

option for this kind of thing.  Roll Eyes
intristin

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Digital Credits

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2015, 06:02:08 AM

I bet that mother fuckers sucurity detail will be better than the US Presidents for the rest of his life.

BTC : 1mGWN5sXaTrWcfDt7zwq4o6R2LiJKKFGH | DGCS : DU1U2ocTUodyHJTgBLBMfSprjquFCUraf8
Digital Credits : http://dcredits.com
Corealz

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 06:29:04 AM

It would publicly available where those bitcoins are transferred. I wonder how they will be able to cash out all 30k without being caught?
aakashsangwan

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2015, 03:54:14 PM

It would publicly available where those bitcoins are transferred. I wonder how they will be able to cash out all 30k without being caught?

i think they can trace out then i think  you cannot trace out where the bitcoins went because by the address you cannot find who is owning and where it went. ya but now if any new security is launched then cannot say about it. and i think the kidnapper would sooonly sell the bitcoin they will hold for long and then will sell slowly.

Blue_Tiger73

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 01:46:49 AM

I guess criminals are now getting into the bitcoin business. I wonder how he got that amount of bitcoin, I guess he's a billionaire after all.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: