Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:27:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Armory 0.93.3 with BIP62 compliance  (Read 8906 times)
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 07:28:08 PM

Long story short, you should update Core because you just should, and you should update Armory or you'll have trouble spending coins.

what version of Core should we be on now?

Err... uhh, don't you run XT or Unlimited?

sure, all but one to run Armory.  you have a problem with that?

So you run a different client to make a statement but when it comes to actually using Bitcoin, you use Core.

I don't have a problem with that, I just think it's hilarious.

Edit: Oh... and to answer your question, you should use the latest version of Core and Armory.

whatever amuses you.

i don't even bother to "use" it.  just for monitoring as i'm not sure of XT's compatibility.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
j1pvt

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 08:41:20 AM

Long story short, you should update Core because you just should, and you should update Armory or you'll have trouble spending coins.
thanks, short story doesnt work for me,
As I said everything is working fine ie deposits payments balances etc etc.
I need to understand why it wont work
As a layman I dont even know what a build is , or how to use that 'build' with my existing Armory
And this bothers me bcos I have mining funds coming in every day.
So do I just transfer all funds back to Core and uninstall Armory and carry on like before without all the hassle ?
Or ?
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6578

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2015, 02:51:20 PM

As a layman I dont even know what a build is , or how to use that 'build' with my existing Armory
So do I just transfer all funds back to Core and uninstall Armory and carry on like before without all the hassle ?
Or ?
Are you saying that something is broken or are you just wondering why you should upgrade when nothing is broken?

If it is the latter, the reason you should upgrade is because the latest versions have bug fixes that fix some important issues and they implement new BIPs. The latest version fixes a vulnerability in UPnP which made it possible to crash a node with a malicious UPnP server on the network. There are fixes to reduce the effects of spam attacks on the network so that your node doesn't crash from an overload of transactions. There are fixes to optimize memory and reduce memory leaks. Lastly there are additions to support BIP65 and BIP113. BIP65 support means that a soft fork will happen which enables OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY. Although soft forks are backwards compatible, sometimes soft forks can be problematic like the issue that happened with a soft fork back in July. However those running the latest version will not be affected by most forking issues, especially those like the one in July.

j1pvt

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 01:41:30 PM

Or ?
Are you saying that something is broken or are you just wondering why you should upgrade when nothing is broken?

If it is the latter, the reason you should upgrade is because the latest versions have bug fixes that fix some important issues and they implement new BIPs. The latest version fixes a vulnerability in UPnP which made it possible to crash a node with a malicious UPnP server on the network. There are fixes to reduce the effects of spam attacks on the network so that your node doesn't crash from an overload of transactions. There are fixes to optimize memory and reduce memory leaks. Lastly there are additions to support BIP65 and BIP113. BIP65 support means that a soft fork will happen which enables OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY. Although soft forks are backwards compatible, sometimes soft forks can be problematic like the issue that happened with a soft fork back in July. However those running the latest version will not be affected by most forking issues, especially those like the one in July.

No nothing is broken, all is working 100%
Thats my point.
But it doesnt make sense to buy a new laptop bcos Armory discontinues Mac support.
Im really not sure I have the abilities to make this 'build" work on my current Armory.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 08:10:31 PM

Thats my point.
But it doesnt make sense to buy a new laptop bcos Armory discontinues Mac support.
Im really not sure I have the abilities to make this 'build" work on my current Armory.
Yeah, Mac probably changed a lot of things so that the building it might not work with your version.

P.S. This is why you should use Linux  Wink

Mythoughts

Activity: 63
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 02:17:10 AM

Does Armory work with Bitcoin XT 0.11.0D when BIP62 is active ?

I used to run it with BitcoinXT 0.11.0A and B and that worked just fine (both on- and offline use of transactions).
j1pvt

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 03:37:05 PM

Thats my point.
Yeah, Mac probably changed a lot of things so that the building it might not work with your version.

P.S. This is why you should use Linux  Wink

Armory updated 0.93.3
Core updated 0.11.2
Mac 10.10.5
All working 100%
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 05:09:05 AM

this isnt for 32 bit?

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1345

Armory Developer

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 05:28:55 AM

We do no support x86 with 0.93, that's for the next version. You can try to build it from source in x86 but that won't get you anywhere really.

visdude
Legendary

Activity: 1081
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 07:12:42 PM

It would be nice to see this version appear on the Armory home page, since it is a very important compatibility fix.

...and it still hasn't to date. I wonder why. Is this version 0.93.3 posted in the OP identical to version 0.93.2 offered on the official Armory homepage then albeit with a different label?

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2016, 07:20:21 PM

It would be nice to see this version appear on the Armory home page, since it is a very important compatibility fix.

...and it still hasn't to date. I wonder why. Is this version 0.93.3 posted in the OP identical to version 0.93.2 offered on the official Armory homepage then albeit with a different label?

IIRC they are not the same. You can check the hashes to make sure.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: