Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 03:47:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer/Research ETH/BTC - Ethereum price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 5659 times)
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 09:19:26 AM

Cheesy

Whoops
Blazin8888 (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 02:57:35 PM

When the next rally begins its gonna be a massive one guys. Get ready!
Ton of forces at play here trying to manipulate ETH price....its set to explode over the next 14 days.

Its written in the sand. This BTC rally will only last so long and money will start flowing into ETH. Only a matter of time.
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 03:14:19 PM

I bought in a little, but im still not convinced that was a good idea.

Entered around .0017
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 03:25:41 PM

ETH is very volatile at the moment with big movements here and there. I don't get it why ETH is dropping so much when bitcoin is rising.
Isn't ETH supposed to be tracking BTC?

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
RiOtT

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 05:37:12 PM

Until this bitcoin bull run stops it is extremely risky to own ETH. It will surge on its own merit in the coming week(s), but not during this btc run. Best thing I did was exit my position allowing me to buy much more at the lower prices. This washout will spread the coin out further which in return will strengthen it in the long run. I feel it still needs another decent dump to build a base and gain traction. It needs to hit the 50c and hold to prove to me and many others that a bottom was formed. Stormy weather ahead, that's my prediction.
coinyoo

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 08:07:40 PM

Ethereum show no strength while Bitcoin price is rising from day to day. it seems investors have less trust into the coin yet.

Blazin8888 (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 09:58:13 PM

In case anyone was wondering how exactly Ether will be used on the Ethereum platform: lets peek under the covers...in order to power the decentralised web, Ethereum cannot possibly rely on any centralised authority (because that authority could manipulate the database). Instead, every node that participates on the network holds a copy of a decentralised database, which they audit.

The network nodes process the code that is being executed in the database and come into agreement as to what the correct state of the database is through a vote. Majority always win the vote, and nodes are incentivised to do this verification work. Voting takes place at regular particular intervals, on average every 12.7 seconds.

Contracts are triggered and executed when users or other contracts call them.

If you were thinking that this necessary approach presents limits in terms of processing speed, you’d be correct. The total processing power of the Ethereum network, regardless of the number of nodes that forms it, is equal to a single smartphone from 1999. This means that you’re not going to want to store megabytes of data on the Ethereum network, or render 3d graphics. There are of course workarounds to this, including our upcoming storage solution called Swarm and our secure messaging protocol, Whisper, both companion technologies to Ethereum.

It also means that because computing power is limited, it has to be measured carefully so that no single actor can commit evil deeds such as running infinite loops on all the world’s Ethereum nodes. This unit of measure is called ‘gas’.

Gas comes into play when you try to make a contract do something. You ‘call’ a function of the contract, which then executes the code in that function. It could be validating an escrow, or ‘like’ a friend on a decentralised social app, or transfer an amount of contract-specific token to another user, etc. Anything.

In order to execute this function, the contract will need gas, just like your car does. So, as part of the function call, you specify how much ‘gas’ you want to send to the contract, and how much you’re willing to pay for that gas (priced in ether, Ethereum’s fuel and unit of account).

The different operations a contract can support are priced differently. One execution cycle cost one gas for example. Others, like writing to storage, cost considerably more (because storage is a very scarce resource).

If you send too much gas to the contract, and it doesn’t use all of it, it is refunded to you. If you send too little, the contract stops and rolls back (just like your car when it’s ‘out of gas’).

How gas is priced depends on the global consensus of the community. It’s therefore likely operations that have the best-priced gas will be executed first on the network, and the rest a bit later.

With that said...I could see the resting price sitting at $5-10 USD in the near future. Not much higher as the only reason it could go that high is speculators holding ETH or companies like Microsoft and independent developers hording ETH for their DAPP development projects.
Timeline
Legendary

Activity: 924

TokenHouse decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 06:55:52 PM

Lot's of price volatility going on for ETH. I bought in at 230k. I feel I could have gotten it a lot cheaper.
Anyway ETH is the only alt that I have faith in. Lots of apps being developed for eth and the Microsoft deal is huge.

RiOtT

Activity: 21

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 05:17:39 PM

Now that Bitcoin has settled down a bit and the DEVCON1 conference is a couple days away, I feel now would be a good time to hold some Ether. That bitcoin fluctuation really messed with it, so I'm glad that ride is over with. Hopefully a lot of positives will come out of the conference, and I'm looking forward to hearing what Microsoft has to say.
Rikim4ru

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 03:43:54 PM

Looks like volume on most trade is going up!
Timeline
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 03:50:33 PM

Now that Bitcoin has settled down a bit and the DEVCON1 conference is a couple days away, I feel now would be a good time to hold some Ether. That bitcoin fluctuation really messed with it, so I'm glad that ride is over with. Hopefully a lot of positives will come out of the conference, and I'm looking forward to hearing what Microsoft has to say.

My thoughts excatly. I bought a little Ether for those reasons. I'm waiting for Devcon to start tomorrow, will be an interesting week for sure.

Videodrome

Activity: 588
Merit: 503

Free Julian Assange

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 04:51:09 PM

I have followed ETH market very close in the next past month...

I am so secure that ETH will rise up, ETH have a really strong projects on his back, the DEV are so professional and skilled, the comunity is AMAZING.

The low price of these days was only because the high BOT traffic related to BTC speculation.

The famous 177.77 ETH order on poloniex...

ETh to the moon!
Timeline
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 10:24:14 PM

I have followed ETH market very close in the next past month...

I am so secure that ETH will rise up, ETH have a really strong projects on his back, the DEV are so professional and skilled, the comunity is AMAZING.

The low price of these days was only because the high BOT traffic related to BTC speculation.

The famous 177.77 ETH order on poloniex...

ETh to the moon!

I agree. BTC price is now more stable ETH can start it's rise.

Blazin8888 (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 09:42:05 AM

Agreed. Will be interesting to watch the next 14 days
garrytaylor1

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 10:54:47 AM

I suppose only time will tell.
Blazin8888 (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 05:50:19 PM

BITCOIN WILL BE AVAILABLE ON ETHEREUM BLOCKCHAIN

DEVCON NEWS: http://btcrelay.org

BTC Relay allows Ethereum developers to interact with the Bitcoin blockchain and verify Bitcoin transactions. Relayers who submit blocks to support the Relay can earn Ether.BTC Relay is an Ethereum contract that stores Bitcoin blockheaders. BTC Relay uses these blockheaders to build a mini-version of the Bitcoin blockchain: a method used by Bitcoin SPV light wallets.
BTC Relay is open-source, trustless, autonomous and decentralized: it is on the blockchain for all to use and not controlled by anyone.
Blazin8888 (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 06:25:24 PM

If the current levels are able to keep gains in check, ethereum price could retreat to the broken triangle resistance at 0.0025 for a quick retest. If this holds as support, price could move back up to its highs at 0.0030 and beyond.

Stochastic has just reached the overbought zone, indicating that the rally is already exhausted. RSI also checked in the overbought region and is starting to head down, signaling that bulls might need to take a break from here.

In addition, the latest candle right on the 0.0030 resistance appears to be a doji, hinting at a potential short-term reversal from the breakout if the next candle closes below its low. If the succeeding candle closes above the high or the 0.0030 level, it signals that bulls are refusing to let up and that another leg higher could be seen.

In addition, the 100 SMA is still below the 200 SMA right now, which means that bullish momentum might not be as strong yet. An upward crossover might be needed to confirm that ethereum price could sustain its climb. In this scenario, the nearby resistance levels are located at 0.0033 and 0.0040.
Blazin8888 (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 11:15:04 AM

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/ethereum-blockchain-as-a-service-now-on-azure/
spartacusrex

Activity: 718
Merit: 545

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 12:10:13 PM

Shocked

That's impressive..

Can anyone explain why Microsoft are all over this ?

Just doesn't seem like their 'bag'.

Life is Code.
Blazin8888 (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 09:00:58 AM

Shocked

That's impressive..

Can anyone explain why Microsoft are all over this ?

Just doesn't seem like their 'bag'.

Microsoft is not the same company it once was. Sataya is hungry for change. Microsoft "the sleeping giant" is awakening. Mark my words.

The move theyre making with crypto insures that they will stay on the forefront of the computer industry as they always have. They make tactical moves such as this. Very smart company. Apple and Google should fear them.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: