Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:13:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Run private pool with thin client??  (Read 962 times)
tvasconcelos (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 10:58:21 AM

Hi, i'm having this doubt, is there any way i can run a pool with a client that doesn't have to download almost 5gb of block chain? I'm trying a pool software on a vm machine with ubuntu, the disk space is not mauch and i would like, if possible, to have a thin client to start as server.

Is this possible?
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
2GOOD

Activity: 547
Merit: 531

First bits: 12good

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2012, 07:39:53 PM

You need the blockchain, or you must host bitcoind somewhere else

tvasconcelos (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 10:42:24 AM

Thanks. I'm now struggling to download the all blockchain because i can't use a backup, and apparently it's stuck at 20453 remaining. Stupid errors...

BTW, how can i downgrade the client in ubuntu? I have the latest release, but need the 0.6.3 release.
maqifrnswa

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 09:17:22 PM

You can download:
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/archive/v0.6.3.zip

(or clone the whole git tree and checkout that tag) and compile it yourself to downgrade, or simply find a compiled binary from that version.

If you use bitcoind or bitcoin-qt version greater than 7 you can use the "-loadblock=<file>" command line option to load a block you downloaded from somewhere like
http://eu2.bitcoincharts.com/blockchain/

there are some instructions there on the site too

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: