Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:51:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Advise for mining  (Read 1576 times)
chiajw1 (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 05:19:29 AM

Now I am trying to make profit to mine. Can anyone advise me on what mining equipment to mine and the ROI?
My electricity is 3 cents/ kWH. My budget is around 2500 usd.
Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 05:29:21 AM

Start doing ROI is my best advice - https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator

You have good electricity so a pretty good start.  Do you have a Vat or any Import taxes?   But I would go no older then S3 or better S3+.  But make sure to do ROI and see if it makes sense.  I would look for a deal on a miner with that electricity price.
chiajw1 (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 07:54:08 AM

Start doing ROI is my best advice - https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator

You have good electricity so a pretty good start.  Do you have a Vat or any Import taxes?   But I would go no older then S3 or better S3+.  But make sure to do ROI and see if it makes sense.  I would look for a deal on a miner with that electricity price.

Actually what is S3?
bittamak

Activity: 444
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 07:58:18 AM

Actually what is S3?

Get details from S3 here... https://bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020140630025130637RV8OhOwt06BC
Dude...I suggest you read more and understand mining difficulties before jumping straight into it.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 10:08:11 AM

Even at 3 cent electric the S3 would be a poor choice, unless you can get them almost free and get some very low cost efficient PS to run them with.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
anthonycamp

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 10:13:30 AM

well thers like 50 threads of S miners and some have price and url to you i advise you to gradualy llok good and invest like into 30 weeks into even a buy but the roi and price per watt its like going to get 7 months to return and the afterwods its just 1000$ you profit into the end of 2016 of any miner soo do like a hold on btc coins till it gets to 400 or 500$ in order for you to never lose those 2500 and get a profit of 1000 into a s3 for instances or even 5 i dont know the s5 price but.
RichBC

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 11:15:28 AM

Now I am trying to make profit to mine. Can anyone advise me on what mining equipment to mine and the ROI?
Thanks

That is a great electricity price and a good starting budget. A  couple of Weeks ago I would have said go for an S7 . However at the moment I would say wait a few Weeks, do some research and use one of the online ROI calculators to compare second hand S3, S5 with a new S7 so that you can make an informed decision.

There are then potentially 3 new 3.5TH "Home Miners" on the horizon from Bitmain, Avalon & BW.com, more information is trickling out each Day. One or even two of these might be a good choice?

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
Glucose

Activity: 861
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 01:39:52 PM

Even at 3 cent electric the S3 would be a poor choice, unless you can get them almost free and get some very low cost efficient PS to run them with.

I agree with QuintLeo. S3 isn't really profitable enough. He better invest in something new. Especially with the electricity rate he has. 3 cent is quite cheap.

But it looks like OP should also read more about mining before jumping in.
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2015, 03:58:50 PM

At this point, I would think about just buying Bitcoins and holding them unless you can get newer unit for a great price.  With this current run-up in price, that might not be such an easy task.

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 04:39:55 PM

I was just saying no older then this.  He is free to get newer and yes he will have more hash.   It all depends on what price he can get gear at.  As I think S7 is overkill on .03 cents currently.  

If OP can get a deal on S5's or something in that generation yes he will be doing very good at .03 cents.  I think with so low electricity a used miner is quicker ROI in most cases (he needs to do ROI math before buying).
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 05:01:02 PM

I was just saying no older then this.  He is free to get newer and yes he will have more hash.   It all depends on what price he can get gear at.  As I think S7 is overkill on .03 cents currently.  

If OP can get a deal on S5's or something in that generation yes he will be doing very good at .03 cents.  I think with so low electricity a used miner is quicker ROI in most cases (he needs to do ROI math before buying).
He has a great budget, he could buy 1 S7 and 3 S5 and have great resales on the S7, he would be able to pump out around 17$ a day, one month and he is already paying off the S5. Looks like if he went this plan he could have an ROI in 202 Days and easily resell for a ton.

You are right he's in a awsome position as far as options.  A quick ROI on S5's sounds interesting to me just since quick ROI, then he can add more miners after that.   If he got a S7 yes he would be able to use it for quite some time.  If we only knew having and what it would do, but it stands a chance of still running on having if BTC value is decent on S7.

So pros/cons on both sides.
chiajw1 (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 02:22:03 PM

He has a great budget, he could buy 1 S7 and 3 S5 and have great resales on the S7, he would be able to pump out around 17$ a day, one month and he is already paying off the S5. Looks like if he went this plan he could have an ROI in 202 Days and easily resell for a ton.

You are right he's in a awsome position as far as options.  A quick ROI on S5's sounds interesting to me just since quick ROI, then he can add more miners after that.   If he got a S7 yes he would be able to use it for quite some time.  If we only knew having and what it would do, but it stands a chance of still running on having if BTC value is decent on S7.

The halving is something to consider, it seems it will could kick out low miners and lower difficulty or price will adjust. Just no way to know the future =/

Will the halving reward few months later affect the earning? And how about the effects of halving for us newbie miners?
morantis

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 02:27:17 PM

Thanks

I would skip the personal mining and go for setting up a mining pool.  The software is open source and the cost of the server is minimal.  This is a way that you can use some of your own equipment and at the same time generate a greater amount because others will be pooled together.  Make sure that you have the time and the desire to follow through for many months.  Do not be one of those that simply starts something and abandons it.
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 07:54:11 PM

Thanks

grab your 2500 usd and buy some bitcoins via localbitcoins.com, load them to paper wallets and thanks me later. deal?
Tmdz

Activity: 1008

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 08:59:57 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2015, 09:20:24 PM by Tmdz

.03 kw/hr is very cheap power and you can roi very quickly on that.  I think this game plan would work well...

1) Get on coinbase, kraken or some exchange where you can convert your money to btc cheaply 1% fees you will lose $25 in the transaction.

2) Buy a S7 antminer on bitmain batch 2 or 3 and buy 2 1600 watt power supply's.

3) Buy 2 S5 antminer online for around $350-400

Hook everything up and mine coins on a pool, only selling coin to pay for utilities.  After a few months Sell both your S5 on ebay, online etc and get $600-800 then take your profits and buy another S7.  

This might push you slightly over budget by $100-200 depending how much you pay for the S5's and you will need 220 volt power.  As far as your roi you will have to do your own dirty work as its a bit more complicated to figure out.  BUT if you don't sell the s5 and keep everything as is you could in theory roi in 6 months and make about $460 month after utilities but that per month will be one big ass variable as difficulty and btc value changes.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 03:53:20 AM

The halving is something to consider, it seems it will could kick out low miners and lower difficulty or price will adjust. Just no way to know the future =/

You are very right on having.  If I had this electricity rate I would try S5 assuming price is decent, and ROI math makes it a little while before having.

That would be my main goal is find a second hand miner that ROI having should not effect.   Which is probley easier then said.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 07:55:56 AM

Will the halving reward few months later affect the earning? And how about the effects of halving for us newbie miners?

with the new s7 you should do fine if your electricity is very cheap even after the halving, this halving isn't so troublesome it does not need a price increase to have a sustainable mining activity

the next one (6.25 per block) instead will have a much bigger effect, in the sense that the price must rise at all cost, or all miners are out of the game
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 08:01:57 AM

with the new s7 you should do fine if your electricity is very cheap even after the halving, this halving isn't so troublesome it does not need a price increase to have a sustainable mining activity

the next one (6.25 per block) instead will have a much bigger effect, in the sense that the price must rise at all cost, or all miners are out of the game

At least all hobby and home miners at least.  Some of the big corporations just have such low electricity they will last pretty much most situations.  I they can't make a profit I think bitcoin would kinda fall apart, as that means no one is making profit but "free".

The good news is price has already headed twords a better direction.  It's hard to say what having will be like... just to much to predict.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 07:32:44 AM
Last edit: November 03, 2015, 07:34:55 AM by Amph

You are right he's in a awsome position as far as options.  A quick ROI on S5's sounds interesting to me just since quick ROI, then he can add more miners after that.   If he got a S7 yes he would be able to use it for quite some time.  If we only knew having and what it would do, but it stands a chance of still running on having if BTC value is decent on S7.

At least all hobby and home miners at least.  Some of the big corporations just have such low electricity they will last pretty much most situations.  I they can't make a profit I think bitcoin would kinda fall apart, as that means no one is making profit but "free".

The good news is price has already headed twords a better direction.  It's hard to say what having will be like... just to much to predict.

the price is 50% right now, to sufficient for the 2020 halving, it should be x2 at the very least, but there is a long way to go before that halving

i' sure bitcoin will stabilize at a higher level, but what i want to say is that the halving is a good indicator, on what will happen to bitcoin based on the price or future value
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 08:12:54 AM

At least all hobby and home miners at least.  Some of the big corporations just have such low electricity they will last pretty much most situations.  I they can't make a profit I think bitcoin would kinda fall apart, as that means no one is making profit but "free".

The good news is price has already headed twords a better direction.  It's hard to say what having will be like... just to much to predict.
the price is 50% right now, to sufficient for the 2020 halving, it should be x2 at the very least, but there is a long way to go before that halving

i' sure bitcoin will stabilize at a higher level, but what i want to say is that the halving is a good indicator, on what will happen to bitcoin based on the price or future value

I think I fixed your post it was in the middle of the quotes instead of bottom.  But I would having will be a good indicator.

But having is hard to predict pricing or anything really.  And really we already had a jump of almost 100 dollars which is nice.  If the jumps come far before having that is better for us miners.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: