Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:49:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So, I have some bitcoins... ...now what?  (Read 3728 times)
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 05, 2011, 07:27:51 PM

That, I suppose, is another problem with bitcoins -- that their value is so unstable that the cost can't just be posted on a site for very long before it isn't what the buyer or seller envisioned.
At some point I plan to make a cron job that updates the exchange rate every five minutes or so automatically. Eventually the volatility will go down if more people start using Bitcoin to buy and sell things rather than speculating.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Frozenlock

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2011, 07:32:09 PM

You need to pick up some fully restored classic arcade games.

Oh-my-god. Do want!
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2011, 11:56:15 AM

A lot of merchants are eager to sell you good and services in exchange for your btc.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Trade

My favorite: http://bitbrew.net/

Hey, that's my favorite, too!
All three websites are yours? Great job!

The owner/operator of The Bitcoin Sun is anonymous, but AFAIK edd isn't the owner Smiley

That's right, I'm just doing my part to promote an excellent Bitcoin publication but I'm not affiliated in any way. BitBrew and The Bitcoin List are mine, though.  Smiley

Still around.
BitCointransfers

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 01:11:43 PM

I am basically wondering what I could do with bitcoins.  I don't buy/sell drugs or other illegal stuff.  I don't have a big international money exchange need...  I don't live in a third world country that doesn't have a stable economy...

...so what now?

I am amused with the idea of the currency, and cryptography has always been an interest of mine -- but so far I don't see an advantage of bitcoins for me.

Is there anything similar to eBay that uses bitcoins?  I'd give that a try if it exists...

-Thresh

I suggest you get involved in drug use, trafficking and selling of narcotics immediately to maximize your bitcoin investment
Lannie25

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 04:10:38 PM

I am basically wondering what I could do with bitcoins.  I don't buy/sell drugs or other illegal stuff.  I don't have a big international money exchange need...  I don't live in a third world country that doesn't have a stable economy...

...so what now?

I am amused with the idea of the currency, and cryptography has always been an interest of mine -- but so far I don't see an advantage of bitcoins for me.

Is there anything similar to eBay that uses bitcoins?  I'd give that a try if it exists...

-Thresh

I thhink you should give your bicoins to.me if you are not really interested or if you dont really need lots of money. Because other people needs it just like me i am engaged to bitcoins for my family. Hahaha
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: