Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:07:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam attemp by iamrocking  (Read 567 times)
idyu (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 12:15:53 PM

Before i needed bitcoins for skrill so i got 1 message from this user : iamrocking

I asked him if he goes first as he was brand new

His reply :

!!! WARNING: This user is a newbie. If you are expecting a message from a more veteran member, then this is an imposter !!!

WIll u go first?
yes i need paper wallet
 i will go 1st

Scam attemp please rate him  negative before he will scam !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rapsaodan84

Activity: 218
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 01:46:59 PM

I don't understand. what scam attempt? what paper wallet is he talking about? he says he's willing to go first. or what am I missing?
Nobody should go first, use escrow.
xetsr
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 01:49:10 PM

I don't understand. what scam attempt? what paper wallet is he talking about? he says he's willing to go first. or what am I missing?

He probably wants the paper wallet first. It's a old trick that nobody falls for these days Wink
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 01:50:50 PM

He probably wants the paper wallet first. It's a old trick that nobody falls for these days Wink
Some stupid people it seems, still fall for this. One example of this serial scammer is a person who uses mis.mstyty(something similar) skype. That person is still scamming under various alts.
MbccompanyX

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 01:53:15 PM

Some stupid people it seems, still fall for this. One example of this serial scammer is a person who uses mis.mstyty(something similar) skype. That person is still scamming under various alts.

Anyway can we all agree that the scam report is missing some details like how many BTC are involved in the scam and on which thread they started the trade?

mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 01:56:19 PM

Anyway can we all agree that the scam report is missing some details like how many BTC are involved in the scam and on which thread they started the trade?
If you believe a person is a scammer, you can post it without the usual scam accusation format. The sticky is there for reference , a scam prevented is way better than giving a negative after a scam is done. Definition of negative trust if you missed it: You were scammed or you strongly believe that this person is a scammer.
MbccompanyX

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 02:04:09 PM

If you believe a person is a scammer, you can post it without the usual scam accusation format. The sticky is there for reference , a scam prevented is way better than giving a negative after a scam is done. Definition of negative trust if you missed it: You were scammed or you strongly believe that this person is a scammer.

I see, sorry but i usually skip the second part because sometimes somebody can have wrong suspects about people.

xetsr
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 02:11:20 PM

There was no scam. This is a accusation that someone is attempting to scam by asking for a paper wallet first, trying to fool those who don't know better.
idyu (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 02:12:12 PM

It is him 100% the same fishy skype he gave me

*edit*

Yes there was no scam but he did try it, and he will try it on other users and scam!

Well i did warn about him now if someone will fall for it ..
xetsr
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 02:13:40 PM

Post the skype log...
MbccompanyX

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 02:14:45 PM

Wow, what a coincidence that the first scammer that mexxer-2 cited is our man... anyway i think that at the end he will drop that user and change to another one, if what mexxer-2 wrote is real the scammer is already making the next alt and trying to cover possible negative trust (or maybe will not cover the negative trust)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: