Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:07:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We are in green 7 weeks in a row first time in 2 years  (Read 5574 times)
OrientA

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 08:21:50 PM

If the price sticks around $295+-10 for some weeks, then it is excellent for rising later. The whales have to collect enough coin before they push the price higher. They might dump some and drive the price down. If the price rise slowly during the push, it is good.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hyena (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2015, 02:12:26 PM

Updated OP, 7 weeks in green, 2nd week with bullish pSAR.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 02:23:26 PM

Updated OP, 7 weeks in green, 2nd week with bullish pSAR.

This makes me smile!! Grin Grin
var53

Activity: 345

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 02:47:48 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2015, 02:33:46 PM by var53

Could the bullish pSAR be due to the MM ponzi scheme and the Bitcoins bought to pay that businessman's ransom? The price crashed after rumors started flying that the MM ponzi scheme had switched to "pause mode", which might morph into closed mode. All those Bitcoins being bought so quickly must show on the charts and move all the indicators.
jt byte

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 02:51:29 PM

The green is continuing and it is not stopping Smiley
The price is going to reach probably $300 by today.
It has been a huge change the last 15 hours for a bout $9.5

It reached $300 today. It is too fast. Hope it will not break $310. We need some consolidation for the future price rise.

Well i wonder where have you seen the $300.
I regularly check the bitcoin price in coindesk website
And the maximum that it hit today is $298 in Bitstamp exchange.

Looks like Huobi is the only one that broke the 300 barrier today. Bitcoinwisdom currently puts it at 303 USD, which a peak around 306 or something.

It also shows bitstamp and bitfenix briefly hitting 300 before diving below it again.

I have never heard about the Huobi until i saw in an coindesk article.
It seems that is the second exchange after the OKcoin about the volume.
Both of them have large volume and large buy/sell orders, yesterday was a red hope today will end by green.
jaredboice

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 03:04:57 PM

It reached $300 today. It is too fast. Hope it will not break $310. We need some consolidation for the future price rise.

It's slow compared to 2013, when the price went from 200 to 1200 within 1 month.

That was bubble time. The price crashed from 1200 to 200. We do not need any bubble like that. Steady 10-40% per year appreciation is fine. Less volatility will make bitcoin into a real currency, not just a betting chip.

40% per year will take Bitcoin over $1,000 again in 4-5 years.  That's ridiculously too long for a technology that's supposed to be more of a game-changer than twitter, which took like 6 years to explode.  The same metrics will take Bitcoin to about $7,000 in a decade.  That's a really long span in bitcoin time.  It would be a tragedy if adoption took that long
vuduchyld

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 03:33:13 PM

40% per year will take Bitcoin over $1,000 again in 4-5 years.  That's ridiculously too long for a technology that's supposed to be more of a game-changer than twitter, which took like 6 years to explode.  The same metrics will take Bitcoin to about $7,000 in a decade.  That's a really long span in bitcoin time.  It would be a tragedy if adoption took that long

You may have to be more patient than you would like.  I agree that the technology is a game-changer, BUT there are still a lot of details to be worked out.  The blockchain can't (or at least doesn't right now) support enough transactions quickly enough for mass consumer adoption.  You can't buy gas at the gas pump with it.

Two years ago, I mapped out a scenario by which bitcoin could hit $3500 by 2019 or so.  I think it can be used in the B2B remittance market along with several other applications.  I still believe that to be true.  But ask yourself this: what has REALLY changed in the last 2 years?  What has improved in the technology or the application?
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 03:42:01 PM

It's slow compared to 2013, when the price went from 200 to 1200 within 1 month.

That was bubble time. The price crashed from 1200 to 200. We do not need any bubble like that. Steady 10-40% per year appreciation is fine. Less volatility will make bitcoin into a real currency, not just a betting chip.

Oh fuck, 40% ROI per year is too little for me. Bitcoin is supposed to make me rich next year..

Come on, grow up, this is real life. 40% is insane ROI for anything real and would be called a ponzi all day long already.
jaredboice

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 03:51:55 PM

You may have to be more patient than you would like.  I agree that the technology is a game-changer, BUT there are still a lot of details to be worked out.  The blockchain can't (or at least doesn't right now) support enough transactions quickly enough for mass consumer adoption.  You can't buy gas at the gas pump with it.

Two years ago, I mapped out a scenario by which bitcoin could hit $3500 by 2019 or so.  I think it can be used in the B2B remittance market along with several other applications.  I still believe that to be true.  But ask yourself this: what has REALLY changed in the last 2 years?  What has improved in the technology or the application?

A lot has changed with respect to how many more people and institutions favor it.  All these things you mention will sort themselves out and it won't take 10 years to do it, especially considering the extraordinary amount of people working on solutions
jaredboice

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 03:53:53 PM

40% per year will take Bitcoin over $1,000 again in 4-5 years.  That's ridiculously too long for a technology that's supposed to be more of a game-changer than twitter, which took like 6 years to explode.  The same metrics will take Bitcoin to about $7,000 in a decade.  That's a really long span in bitcoin time.  It would be a tragedy if adoption took that long

Oh fuck, 40% ROI per year is too little for me. Bitcoin is supposed to make me rich next year..

Come on, grow up, this is real life. 40% is insane ROI for anything real and would be called a ponzi all day long already.

I'm grown up.  I'm in real life.  I can see the $18 Trillion + debt of just one nation.  I can see the ridiculous explosion of money-printing going on.  And I can see the usefulness of Bitcoin.  A ponzi scheme isn't useful.  Bitcoin is not a ponzi scheme and it has exhibited exponential growth due to the fact that it's a superior form of value exchange. 

Perhaps you're the one who needs to grow up and witness reality.  Twitter grew exponentially to 340 Million tweets per day in 6 years and it is the most simple application ever.  It just lets you type less than 200 characters to people.  Wow.  What a game-changer.  If you think twitter can do it but bitcoin can't, then you're in the wrong forum dude
vuduchyld

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 04:48:56 PM

A lot has changed with respect to how many more people and institutions favor it.  All these things you mention will sort themselves out and it won't take 10 years to do it, especially considering the extraordinary amount of people working on solutions

I wish I thought you were correct. 

I ask what has changed with the technology or the application of that technology over the last two years.  You don't actually answer that question, but you answer instead about institutions that favor it.  It wasn't a very specific answer, by the way.  The fact of the matter is that there have not been fundamental technological advances in the last two years or more.  If anything, some of the potential issues are even more pressing now and unsolved. 

The twitter analogy does not work at all, because the technology was far more simple and also much farther along in its development curve.  Long before it WAS adopted so widely, the technology was capable of scaling to that adoption level.  Bitcoin is not. 

Twitter isn't revolutionary.  Bitcoin might be.  Twitter uses the internet and refines aspects of it.  Bitcoin is more like the development of Hypertext Transfer Protocol.  Don't forget that buying at $310 in November of 2015 is NOT like being a private market VC buyer of twitter at the very beginning.  We're already pretty far into this thing. 

It's possible that bitcoin will be higher than $7000 in less than a decade.  It's also possible that we'll never see $1000 again ever.
jehst

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

21 million. I want them all.

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 05:14:39 PM

April 2013 has ~12 bullish SAR dots. November 2013 is ~7-8.  That would give us 6-10 more weeks to fly. We don't need more than another week to confirm it. Unless we go up another $30+ this week, then the pattern is broken.

Year 2021
Bitcoin Supply: ~90% mined
Supply Inflation: <1.8%
Kanapka

Activity: 818
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 05:18:09 PM

One can't fall forever, one time the floor will be hit and you will bounce before being destroyed
jaredboice

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 05:26:54 PM
Last edit: November 01, 2015, 05:37:42 PM by jaredboice

A lot has changed with respect to how many more people and institutions favor it.  All these things you mention will sort themselves out and it won't take 10 years to do it, especially considering the extraordinary amount of people working on solutions

I wish I thought you were correct.  

I ask what has changed with the technology or the application of that technology over the last two years.  You don't actually answer that question, but you answer instead about institutions that favor it.  It wasn't a very specific answer, by the way.  The fact of the matter is that there have not been fundamental technological advances in the last two years or more.  If anything, some of the potential issues are even more pressing now and unsolved.  

The twitter analogy does not work at all, because the technology was far more simple and also much farther along in its development curve.  Long before it WAS adopted so widely, the technology was capable of scaling to that adoption level.  Bitcoin is not.  

Twitter isn't revolutionary.  Bitcoin might be.  Twitter uses the internet and refines aspects of it.  Bitcoin is more like the development of Hypertext Transfer Protocol.  Don't forget that buying at $310 in November of 2015 is NOT like being a private market VC buyer of twitter at the very beginning.  We're already pretty far into this thing.  

It's possible that bitcoin will be higher than $7000 in less than a decade.  It's also possible that we'll never see $1000 again ever.

I'm sorry you wish that I were correct.  I didn't address the issue of technological advancement because I can't conceive of a reason why these issues will NOT be resolved. You reference things that the protocol can and will updated as needed.  There's already plenty of chatter about the potential evolutionary paths of Bitcoin, and they will absolutely come about in some shape or another because the people who participate to secure the network will want Bitcoin to be adopted more widely and thus increase their investment.  And it's not just blind faith.  It's math.  

Statistically speaking, Bitcoin was already supposed to have died like 78 times by now as seen at: http://www.bitcoinobituaries.com
Yet it keeps coming back with a vengeance because it was programmed to have a very powerful and distributed resilience.

You referenced the artificial transaction limitation that was set to limit spam in the early days of Bitcoin.  Satoshi Nakamoto (the person or the team) envisioned that there could eventually be over 100 million transactions per day. While there should certainly be caution in choosing the best course of action to increase the temporary and artificial transaction limit, I believe that bitcoin will survive these natural growth tribulations YET AGAIN as it has done so time and time before.

The twitter analogy is GREAT.  Twitter has had its own adjustments as well along the way.  And as you admit, Twitter isn't even revolutionary!  And as you also admit, Bitcoin "might be."  So there ya go bro! Bitcoin is far more significant and statistically speaking should certainly outperform something so arbitrary as twitter.

Bitcoin has also scaled quite nicely. Moving from $0.001 per bitcoin to $315.00 in 6-7 years, represents a multiplicative factor of 300,000 TIMES GROWTH!  That's 30,000,000%!  That's a lot of market confidence. I'd say Bitcoin is doing just fine and has demonstrated longevity and the ability to die 78 times and be magically resurrected with greater adoption each time.  

Yes, it's possible that bitcoin could fail.  But I'm pretty confident given its history.  In fact, merely by looking at Bitcoin's history, there should be no reason to even suggest that it's impossible for Bitcoin to make gains so quickly, unless maybe one were shorting the market and invested in its failure (in which case you certainly wouldn't want market confidence at all.)
vuduchyld

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 05:37:54 PM

I'm sorry you wish that I were correct.  I didn't address the issue of technological advancement because I can't conceive of a reason why these issues will NOT be resolved. You reference things that the protocol can and will updated as needed.  There's already plenty of chatter about the potential evolutionary paths of Bitcoin, and they will absolutely come about in some shape or another because the people who participate to secure the network will want Bitcoin to be adopted more widely and thus increase their investment.  And it's not just blind faith.  It's math.  

Statistically speaking, Bitcoin was already supposed to have died like 78 times by now as seen at: http://www.bitcoinobituaries.com
Yet it keeps coming back with a vengeance because it was programmed to have a very powerful and distributed resilience.

You referenced the transaction limitation that was artificially set to limit spam in the early days of Bitcoin.  Satoshi Nakamoto (the person or the team) did not intend that such limitations would exist.  If I recollect properly, He/She/They envisioned over 100 million transactions per day. While there should certainly be caution in choosing the best course of action to increase this transaction limit, I believe that bitcoin will survive these natural growth tribulations yet again as it has done so time and time before.

The twitter analogy is GREAT.  Twitter has had its own adjustments as well along the way.  And as you admit, Twitter isn't revolutionary!  And as you admit, Bitcoin "might be."  So there ya go bro! Bitcoin is far more significant and statistically speaking should certainly outperform something so arbitrary as twitter.  Bitcoin has also scaled quite nicely. Moving from $0.001 per bitcoin to $315.00 in 6-7 years, represents a multiplicative factor of 300,000 TIMES GROWTH!  That's 30,000,000%!  That's a lot of market confidence. I'd say Bitcoin is doing just fine and has demonstrated longevity and the ability to die 78 times and be magically resurrected with greater adoption.  

Yes, it's possible that bitcoin could fail.  But I'm pretty confident given its history.

Twitter isn't revolutionary.  Bitcoin might be.  So how does that make for a usable analogy?

Bitcoin has already grown 300,000x.  Doesn't that mean, as I already said, we are pretty far into this thing?  You're not buying at $0.001 today.  You're buying north of $300. 

This whole "bitcoin could fail" angle is a straw man.  I agree that it is possible.  I, like you, am pretty confident that it won't.  But our difference of opinion is NOT along the lines of "it will fail" or "it won't fail".  It's just that I'd expect a different rate of return than you seem to expect.  If we get a 40% rate of return over the next decade, I would consider my speculation in bitcoin to have been very successful. 
jaredboice

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 05:49:42 PM

You referenced the transaction limitation that was artificially set to limit spam in the early days of Bitcoin.  Satoshi Nakamoto (the person or the team) did not intend that such limitations would exist.  If I recollect properly, He/She/They envisioned over 100 million transactions per day. While there should certainly be caution in choosing the best course of action to increase this transaction limit, I believe that bitcoin will survive these natural growth tribulations yet again as it has done so time and time before.

The twitter analogy is GREAT.  Twitter has had its own adjustments as well along the way.  And as you admit, Twitter isn't revolutionary!  And as you admit, Bitcoin "might be."  So there ya go bro! Bitcoin is far more significant and statistically speaking should certainly outperform something so arbitrary as twitter.  Bitcoin has also scaled quite nicely. Moving from $0.001 per bitcoin to $315.00 in 6-7 years, represents a multiplicative factor of 300,000 TIMES GROWTH!  That's 30,000,000%!  That's a lot of market confidence. I'd say Bitcoin is doing just fine and has demonstrated longevity and the ability to die 78 times and be magically resurrected with greater adoption.  

Yes, it's possible that bitcoin could fail.  But I'm pretty confident given its history.

Twitter isn't revolutionary.  Bitcoin might be.  So how does that make for a usable analogy?

Bitcoin has already grown 300,000x.  Doesn't that mean, as I already said, we are pretty far into this thing?  You're not buying at $0.001 today.  You're buying north of $300.  

This whole "bitcoin could fail" angle is a straw man.  I agree that it is possible.  I, like you, am pretty confident that it won't.  But our difference of opinion is NOT along the lines of "it will fail" or "it won't fail".  It's just that I'd expect a different rate of return than you seem to expect.  If we get a 40% rate of return over the next decade, I would consider my speculation in bitcoin to have been very successful.  

Twitter makes for a great analogy because twitter scaled exponentially without any game-changing attributes.  Bitcoin has game-changing attributes.  It has the potential to fly past twitter like a rocket.

You're trying to make the case that 300,000x growth means the exponential growth-rate potential has already peaked.  But when you look at the market it seeks to serve by its very nature, a market cap of $5 Billion compared with the Multi-Trillion Dollar dinosaur fiat-dollar-bubble shows that bitcoin is still just in the infancy stages of network growth, and there's bigger institutions supporting it now than ever before.  There's more adoption than ever before.  There's more infrastructure than ever before. So anyone buying north of $300 could be buying south of Fifty-Grand lol.  Yes, I "seem to expect" a hefty rate of return because the history of bitcoin shows this and the purpose it seeks to serve shows this and non-revolutionary apps are already achieving this.  It's elementary, Watson.  If Bitcoin succeeds, it will likely do so in the same manner as the last 6-7 years of its advancement.
jehst

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

21 million. I want them all.

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 05:51:06 PM

Twitter "adoption" is basically someone clicking a mouse. It's free. It's easy. Bitcoin adoption requires people to actually exchange hard-earned cash for bitcoin.

Of course sites like Twitter will grow faster. You have to compare bitcoin to stocks or currencies or at something that requires people to spend money to use it.

Year 2021
Bitcoin Supply: ~90% mined
Supply Inflation: <1.8%
vuduchyld

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 05:58:37 PM

Twitter makes for a great analogy because twitter scaled exponentially without any game-changing attributes.  Bitcoin has game-changing attributes.  It has the potential to fly past twitter like a rocket.

You're trying to make the case that 300,000x growth means the exponential growth-rate potential has already peaked.  But when you look at the market it seeks to serve by its very nature, a market cap of $5 Billion compared with the Multi-Trillion Dollar dinosaur fiat-dollar-bubble shows that bitcoin is still just in the infancy stages of network growth, and there's bigger institutions supporting it now than ever before.  There's more adoption than ever before.  There's more infrastructure than ever before. So anyone buying north of $300 could be buying south of Fifty-Grand lol.  Yes, I "seem to expect" a hefty rate of return because the history of bitcoin shows this and the purpose it seeks to serve shows this and non-revolutionary apps are already achieving this.  It's elementary, Watson.  If Bitcoin succeeds, it will likely do so in the same manner as the last 6-7 years of its advancement.

That's not a case I'm trying to make, it's just another straw man.  I've enjoyed the discussion.  If everything you say is correct, I'll be perfectly thrilled.
jaredboice

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 05:59:41 PM

Twitter "adoption" is basically someone clicking a mouse. It's free. It's easy. Bitcoin adoption requires people to actually exchange hard-earned cash for bitcoin.

Of course sites like Twitter will grow faster. You have to compare bitcoin to stocks or currencies or something that requires people to buy it.

Bitcoin is getting easier all the time.  New startups come to market every other week with a simpler way to use bitcoin.  You can even send bitcoin tips on twitter now with the click of a mouse!  Cheesy

I'm certainly comparing bitcoin to currencies as you suggest.  And in the grand scheme of things, $5 Billion dollars is not much for the multi-trillion dollar currency market.  Especially an internet currency.  It has a LONG way to go.   Smiley

And again, I want to emphasize this.  I don't know anyone who can look at the past 4-year exponential bitcoin chart and say with absolute certainty that bitcoin won't grow fast anymore, unless that person had a lot to lose if confidence in Bitcoin continued to grow at the same rate!  Shocked

OrientA

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 08:11:56 PM

Bitcoin is revolutionary. It changes how the money should be issued. There are more and more work on infrastructure for the usage of bitcoin. When these building are ready, bitcoin will be used widely. The value will increase. The price is difficult to predict, but the general trend is up.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: