Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:35:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fire In A Bucharest Night Club: 30 DEAD and OVER 100 WOUNDED  (Read 687 times)
ChrisPop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1033

Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 04:24:19 PM

A fire started yesterday in a night club named "Colectiv" in Bucharest due to some fireworks the band used. The club had a "bribed" authorization from the firemen and the whole dance hall went up in flames. So far there are 30 dead people and over 100 wounded. The government declared 3 black days.

Just think that almost all of them were young people with all their life in front of them and they died due to club's ignorance. I just hope that this is a lesson for the authorities and the population. Not only to Romania but to all countries.

Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Harry Hood

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 04:47:35 PM

I hope the band, the club, and the authorities who accepted bribes and ignored the risk will be held completely accountable and spend a long, long time in jail. It's awful to hear these stories - and this isn't the first time it's happened. At least it wasn't terrorism...at least.

ChrisPop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 04:57:58 PM

I hope the band, the club, and the authorities who accepted bribes and ignored the risk will be held completely accountable and spend a long, long time in jail. It's awful to hear these stories - and this isn't the first time it's happened. At least it wasn't terrorism...at least.

Yes,they will surely be inprisoned for good years. Regarding the fireworks they said they were used respecting the law,but the walls and the roof of the  club weren't fireproof as they supposed to be. Anyway... some years in prison will not get the dead young people back,that's why we need to prevent these kind of things. But the question is what can a person do?? 
The only authority who can act now is the government,but they need to act seriously to find the people who accepted bribes and prevent in some way future ones.
Nimbulan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 07:10:17 PM

I'm quite sure, that not everyone who accepted the bribes won't go to jail. If it was Germany or so, yeah, than maybe. But Romania is not the wealthy country, the corruption is huge out there. The rich ones won't go to jail, maybe some guys will, but not the riches. That's the real problem of not wealthy countries.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 07:23:51 PM

The idiots that attended the concert / party should have known better, 500 people in a place supposed to take only 80.
It was a disaster waiting to happen, proof that in some countries there is no need for terrorists, they'll kill themselves.

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
ChrisPop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 07:34:27 PM

I'm quite sure, that not everyone who accepted the bribes won't go to jail. If it was Germany or so, yeah, than maybe. But Romania is not the wealthy country, the corruption is huge out there. The rich ones won't go to jail, maybe some guys will, but not the riches. That's the real problem of not wealthy countries.

You have a good point there. I totally agree to you as the corruption in Romania is one of the biggest in Europe. The DNA(Anticorruption division in Romania) is fighting everyday with it as almost all the time I see on TV people arrested for corruption,but I think this problem is too extended in my country that it will have to pass at least 10 more years in order to be "cleaned".

The idiots that attended the concert / party should have known better, 500 people in a place supposed to take only 80.
It was a disaster waiting to happen, proof that in some countries there is no need for terrorists, they'll kill themselves.

You can't name them "idiots" as they only wanted to have fun. The fault is totally on club's managers as they had a "false" authorization and if the place could only take 80 men,the club guardians should have let only 80 people to enter...
isvicre

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 12:36:38 PM

You may be right but you can't tell that's only their fault. Club should not have accepted above limit to club. They are the ones who seek for disaster. I hope they will pay good amount of time in jail.
vero

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 12:48:46 PM

How sad. We hear of this happening at a club filled with people wanting to have a fun evening of live music. It is scary that this happens. Pyrotechnics are always a risk no matter what anyone says. My heart goes to the victims and their families.

Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 04:29:41 PM

I'd be surprised if anyone important/rich would be jailed. In Eastern Europe blurring responsibility or playing a hot potato game with it first, then making age long trials with lots of defendants to split and lull public attention, finally giving minimum or no sentences (because of lack of evidence or formal errors during the investigation) is quite a common practice.
mearylll

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 12:44:04 AM

This is pretty terrible news. I am sure corruption played a big part in the cause of the fire. The authorities probably looked the other way in terms of safety, so vital check were not done.
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2015, 01:03:24 AM
Last edit: November 27, 2015, 02:36:31 PM by InvoKing

Quoted.
This is pretty terrible news. I am sure corruption played a big part in the cause of the fire. The authorities probably looked the other way in terms of safety, so vital check were not done.

This incident happened more than 3 weeks ago, it is cute to remember it now... go spam somewhere else before you get banned from the forums and get a negative trust for this stupid purchase account, spammer bot!

Edit: as expected pattu1, they will never learn, this guy stopped posting his fake spammy signature from his later posts but didn't stop his spam. Deserved.
Too late for the warning. He has been banned.
Autoban user: N/A in topic #0 by member #130114

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
pattu1

Activity: 675

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 10:50:11 AM

Quoted.

This incident happened more than 3 weeks ago, it is cute to remember it now... go spam somewhere else before you get banned from the forums and get a negative trust for this stupid purchase account, spammer bot!

Too late for the warning. He has been banned.
Autoban user: N/A in topic #0 by member #130114
bizerinm

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 12:28:42 AM

Unfortunately lot of underground places are not ready to be night clubs, and don't have tehnic conditions and equipment. And if you have place for 100 people you can't put 200 and that's happening. And without fire equipment,emergency entrance..well tragedy is inevitable

$1000 USA ITunes Gift Card   https://payivy.com/v/c05a7
10x XBOX LIVE 12 MONTH GOLD SUBSCRIPTION https://payivy.com/v/bc48b
100$ starbucks egift card - never expire 40$ https://payivy.com/v/3b954
Fandango GIFT CARD Value $50 - 20$ https://payivy.com/v/d77b4
500$ Itunes gift card for USA https://payivy.com/v/d7a9e
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: