Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:51:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BITZ] Pure 10% PoS [On Bittrex]  (Read 17632 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
metamorphin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

No risk, no fun!

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2016, 08:46:02 PM

As we all know, BITZ is the smallest community in crypto. There are no posts in the thread, except to ask for a comment from the dev. There is very little trade. There is no interest in even donating a Satoshi for block explorers and nobody really cares. We made Mojo to be able to develop with some backing and funds. BITZ will have to manage by itself for a while and then we'll get back to it. The network is still running. I think some of the ideas we had for BITZ is being explored in MOJO and then it may find it's way back to BITZ. I don't know. Maybe we will use BITZ for some experiments, we'll see. BITZ is still here and we are still here but we are in a critical phase of MOJO right now.

I would pay 120 FLY to create a one year contract for a BE of BITZ!
Are u interesting in it?

Steve

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EBK1000 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

A Wound in Eternity

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 08:49:04 PM

As we all know, BITZ is the smallest community in crypto. There are no posts in the thread, except to ask for a comment from the dev. There is very little trade. There is no interest in even donating a Satoshi for block explorers and nobody really cares. We made Mojo to be able to develop with some backing and funds. BITZ will have to manage by itself for a while and then we'll get back to it. The network is still running. I think some of the ideas we had for BITZ is being explored in MOJO and then it may find it's way back to BITZ. I don't know. Maybe we will use BITZ for some experiments, we'll see. BITZ is still here and we are still here but we are in a critical phase of MOJO right now.

Are u interesting in it?

Steve

Forgive my ignorance here, but BE means what?

Soooooooon...............
metamorphin
Legendary

No risk, no fun!

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2016, 09:14:59 PM

Are u interesting in it?

Steve

Blockexplorer? with seednode!
EBK1000 (OP)
Legendary

A Wound in Eternity

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 09:35:19 PM

Are u interesting in it?

Steve

Blockexplorer? with seednode!

Ok, I see, now I feel pretty stupid, I just didn't connect what you were talking about. We still got seednodes. A year of BE is 0.276 BTC and 120 FLY is around 0.14 BTC (according to Cryptopia)

lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 09:52:51 PM

You say, that there is less interest, but how can be, if there is no progress.
I see, that you made another coin, but honestly I don't understand it. Its hard to get a coin on bittrex, and its done already.
If you put the same amount of effort in bitz, there would be:
- same possibility for improvement
- more trade
- higher price
- as a result of higher price, funding of your bitz holdings

Is it too much to ask to have a few comments from time to time? What should the community talk about, if there is no news?
metamorphin
Legendary

No risk, no fun!

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2016, 10:33:48 PM

I see, that you made another coin, but honestly I don't understand it. Its hard to get a coin on bittrex, and its done already.
- more trade
- higher price

Is it too much to ask to have a few comments from time to time? What should the community talk about, if there is no news?

Yes, I really didnt understood it too! Instead of preparing BITZ, he made a new coin! Maybe he has some plans, we didnt knew.

EBK1000 (OP)
Legendary

A Wound in Eternity

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 10:44:34 PM

- more trade
- higher price

No, the problem with BITZ was that I naively believed that we could launch a coin with no ICO and no premine etc. and make it work. I have spent more trying to get BITZ going from my own pocket than I have been able to recover and I have not been in a position to get any work done or having the option of hiring contractors which nearly all the top coins do. I didn't instamine or didn't have a large share of BITZ from the start as I thought that it should be a "fair" launch and everyone was shouting about ICOs not being in the spirit of cryptos and all this. In the end I realised that what I really wanted was to create a coin with resources behind it so that we could promote and develop and pay people to do work if needed and run it much like a business to some extent. The only way to do that was an ICO and that couldn't happen with BITZ. Now we may still work on BITZ but as I said we are just about to release the future codebase and new wallet for MOJO and do a hard fork. I still hold BITZ and I would not consider it abandoned, just resting in a way. Maybe BITZ and MOJO will work together in the future, side chains and all this. We are doing some work behind the scenes that I do not want to discuss now.

My personal feeling is that everyone is just hanging on waiting for the price to go up and sell. This is common for most cryptos I guess and why not.

There is also a serious problem with distribution. If you look at BITZ, most of the coins are in the hands of a few and this effectively kills it as it will never reach a bigger user base. With MOJO we have a better start and a much wider distribution to start with and more coins and better potential for real world use.

Me personally, I think the pump-n-dump on Bittrex killed BITZ and I realised that it couldn't really work in it's current form.

Maybe a radical makeover and change of parameters? Cryptos don't come with any guarantees so maybe try something new...I am still holding some BITZ and we'll see what happens...

lordoliver
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 11:15:02 PM

If you need support with donations - we can talk about everything.
But I don't see any reason for buying another coin of yours. I invested in one already.
EBK1000 (OP)
Legendary

A Wound in Eternity

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 11:23:17 PM

But I don't see any reason for buying another coin of yours. I invested in one already.

We also lost someone who was working on BITZ. I am now working with another two and as I said we may come back to BITZ later.

metamorphin
Legendary

No risk, no fun!

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2016, 11:32:53 PM

- more trade
- higher price

No, the problem with BITZ was that I naively believed that we could launch a coin with no ICO and no premine etc. and make it work. I have spent more trying to get BITZ going from my own pocket than I have been able to recover and I have not been in a position to get any work done or having the option of hiring contractors which nearly all the top coins do. I didn't instamine or didn't have a large share of BITZ from the start as I thought that it should be a "fair" launch and everyone was shouting about ICOs not being in the spirit of cryptos and all this. In the end I realised that what I really wanted was to create a coin with resources behind it so that we could promote and develop and pay people to do work if needed and run it much like a business to some extent. The only way to do that was an ICO and that couldn't happen with BITZ. Now we may still work on BITZ but as I said we are just about to release the future codebase and new wallet for MOJO and do a hard fork. I still hold BITZ and I would not consider it abandoned, just resting in a way. Maybe BITZ and MOJO will work together in the future, side chains and all this. We are doing some work behind the scenes that I do not want to discuss now.

My personal feeling is that everyone is just hanging on waiting for the price to go up and sell. This is common for most cryptos I guess and why not.

There is also a serious problem with distribution. If you look at BITZ, most of the coins are in the hands of a few and this effectively kills it as it will never reach a bigger user base. With MOJO we have a better start and a much wider distribution to start with and more coins and better potential for real world use.

Me personally, I think the pump-n-dump on Bittrex killed BITZ and I realised that it couldn't really work in it's current form.

Maybe a radical makeover and change of parameters? Cryptos don't come with any guarantees so maybe try something new...I am still holding some BITZ and we'll see what happens...

You are very welcome, to work on our Federated Blockchain Initiative! We are on the way to unite a lot of coins!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=901605.msg14245798#msg14245798

Steve

lordoliver
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 11:41:47 PM

We also lost someone who was working on BITZ. I am now working with another two and as I said we may come back to BITZ later.

If you want to switch, why didn't you offer a certain percentage of mojo for the bitz holders?
EBK1000 (OP)
Legendary

A Wound in Eternity

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 11:42:51 PM

If you want to switch, why don't you offer a certain percentage of mojo for the bitz holders?

It is being considered as well

EBK1000 (OP)
Legendary

A Wound in Eternity

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 04:12:20 AM

If you need any further information on Bitz, contact me directly.

EBK1000 (OP)
Legendary

A Wound in Eternity

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 04:32:03 PM
Last edit: July 18, 2016, 05:39:36 PM by EBK1000

As you may or may not be aware, someone pumped BITZ heavily at Bittrex some time ago. This effectively killed off BITZ as it ended up with someone holding a very large shares of BITZ and this is against what the crypto was intended for. I may have been somewhat naive when deciding on a 2 mill. coin and not providing proper support in terms of exchanges etc. and allowing the pump to happen. BITZ was conceived with the best of intentions and was intended to be widely distributed. This is no longer possible as the top 5 on the rich list holds about 50% off all the coins. I know that many people probably wanted BITZ to go and they may have been acting in the pump on Bittrex. I don’t know. What I know is that the road map and the planned development is just not possible with a handful of people holding 50% of the coins. I am not going to invest in development of BITZ to benefit the top 5-10 holders of BITZ so that they can dump as some point in the future.

This is why MOJOcoin was conceived and executed in the way it was and this is why MOJOcoin has a much wider distribution and the coin supply is significantly higher. MOJOcoin will take over as our main project and become what I originally imagined for BITZ.

Therefore we will no longer offer support for BITZ and we will no longer develop BITZ for the reasons explained above. I realise that this is not the desired outcome for anyone.

We will now focus entirely on making MOJOcoin a premier crypto and learn lessons from the BITZ project. MOJOcoin is more resilient and will not be taken down like BITZ. This does not imply that I consider the BITZ project failed but I consider it sabotaged with intent to make a profit for a few actors.

The network is still running, exchanges are up and you can still trade.

There is no point in trying to discuss BITZ in the MOJO thread.

If anyone wants to discuss the BITZ project, start a new thread.

From PMs:

Quote from: jahras on April 25, 2016, 07:27:55 PM
Only because at the moment that's better for me.

If it were you what choice would you make...

I don't understand your offer. Why is it not better for me?

I really think you could do more to sustain relationships with those who have come to trust you.

I am now having second thoughts about buying into Mojo because I think your offer is not fair and you are not being fair.

Are you sure you want to abandon Bitz? oh ye, forgot you will not discuss

Anyway I'm sure you don't give 2 hoots...  don't even know why I bothered writing this.

You have been around for a while so I will discuss it with you.

I know you have been following BITZ for a while and I do care, it's just not sustainable anymore to develop BITZ, i.e. I could not afford to do it. Everything was paid out of my pocket and I don't have a large stash of BITZ. What took it over the top and ultimately resulted in the MOJO ICO was the massive pump-n-dump on Bittrex where someone pumped the price and crashed it again. The result in short; I would have to work for free to develop value for a few people who gained massively on the pump. So, my choice was stay with BITZ and hope that I would be able to finance the project and hope that the whales would not strike again or raise funding for another coin that I could develop with the experience from BITZ. I have lost on the BITZ project and I have paid out from my salary from my day job to keep it going and I have spent countless hours trying to progress this. I also lost a key member of the team who got a permanent job in the Bitcoin space and I was not able to raise any funds (I tried) and there was very little support (I know you supported the project). Taken all together I believe that it would have been near impossible to expand the way I Intended and bring this forward. We all knew the risks involved and I have lost more than you and more than most on this.

The network is still running fine and BITZ can be traded and I would suggest as I said in the OP that the whales get together and bring this forward.

LINKS TO THE LATESTS BITZ WALLETS I HAVE:
32bit Linux: https://mega.nz/#!vMQTiRIS!LJR8VLonJzh3mQyjw9M76xEK2n0iKVrvDyX22msgkHE
64bit Linux: https://mega.nz/#!TVZEkRrL!y-_OV_UciR5oJ6A4ZZDDDzQXgZs718fVqtw84Iy7v4E
Windows-Qt: https://mega.nz/#!eMIlFR7Y!Z0zT682ZoseOKC1M48Vssy85QXzNkyfsq1pxsg12VMc
Mac OSX: https://mega.nz/#!aAg3gQZL!LOA8VSGRWwiRH70t4GpvfyyJCBNLwBJAV-oz7mRD9gQ

I will try to find a copy of the source if anyone is interested. I couldn't find it now.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: