Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:18:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] 1Broker.io - Trade forex, indices, stocks and commodities  (Read 103016 times)
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2015, 11:57:27 PM

I guess you need to decide on a direction, set your stop loss and do something different for some minutes. Otherwise you risk getting emotional and stop the position too fast.

I slowly recover and i hope it is because i slowly get a little bit "house edge". Tongue

I think i would like to see a trailing stop loss too.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pizpie
Legendary

Activity: 971
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 08:26:42 AM

Today i took the time to trade a bit on 1broker. I used tradingview for charting, read in the forex chats and traded eurusd.

I used 0.1 bitcoin only, yes, something i learned the hard way, and wanted to see how i will perform.

I know about resistance/support, candle patterns and so on.

First thing i found is that it is a bit annoying that there is no button to click in order to invest all the bitcoins you have.

Then, the leverage level is sat back everytime i set up a trade.

Besides that, i like the fast updates and the intuitive interface. It looks like you can do what you want there. Not like with other exchanges that have problems with orders. For example at okcoin.com, where you set up a stop loss and a limit order. But you only find out that the stop loss is not getting triggered because the limit order exists and overrides the other order.

Well... trading did not run so well. I had some good trades but i went from 0.1 to 0.580, then to 0.76 again, now back at 0.58 Bitcoin. Cheesy

I think one of the things working against you is the spread. Market orders mean 11 pips, or so, loss instantly. Something you have to earn back with every trade. A workaround might be to use limit orders but there is the difficulty that the prices on 1broker doesn't match the eurusd-market-prices on tradingview.com. So it's hard to use that.

Well, i hope i get the hang of it. At least i did not lost much money.

Glad you had a positive experience and thanks for your input, though, market orders should not put you down 11 pips. The spread on most markets is 1-2 pips.

I'm on Twitter: @mBTCPizpie
Rage19420

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 07:15:11 PM

Nice!

I just noticed margin increased to 50x on Gold and the addition of SEK and NOK

Awesome work guys!  Grin
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2015, 02:08:53 AM

Today i took the time to trade a bit on 1broker. I used tradingview for charting, read in the forex chats and traded eurusd.

I used 0.1 bitcoin only, yes, something i learned the hard way, and wanted to see how i will perform.

First thing i found is that it is a bit annoying that there is no button to click in order to invest all the bitcoins you have.

Besides that, i like the fast updates and the intuitive interface. It looks like you can do what you want there. Not like with other exchanges that have problems with orders. For example at okcoin.com, where you set up a stop loss and a limit order. But you only find out that the stop loss is not getting triggered because the limit order exists and overrides the other order.

Well... trading did not run so well. I had some good trades but i went from 0.1 to 0.580, then to 0.76 again, now back at 0.58 Bitcoin. Cheesy

I think one of the things working against you is the spread. Market orders mean 11 pips, or so, loss instantly. Something you have to earn back with every trade. A workaround might be to use limit orders but there is the difficulty that the prices on 1broker doesn't match the eurusd-market-prices on tradingview.com. So it's hard to use that.

Glad you had a positive experience and thanks for your input, though, market orders should not put you down 11 pips. The spread on most markets is 1-2 pips.

You are right. I meant more that my investment had around -11 pips loss instantly after a market buy. That has to be worked in again all the time before you can think about profit.

Oh and one big thing that should be changed. I did not find a correct log of trades that you can download. I mean i can't imagine that no one needs to have such data for IRS, for example. I would not know how to deal with that when i had a couple hundred trades.

Pizpie
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 08:54:24 AM

You are right. I meant more that my investment had around -11 pips loss instantly after a market buy. That has to be worked in again all the time before you can think about profit.

Oh and one big thing that should be changed. I did not find a correct log of trades that you can download. I mean i can't imagine that no one needs to have such data for IRS, for example. I would not know how to deal with that when i had a couple hundred trades.

Interesting proposal with the downloadable trade history. I will put that suggestion forward to the team.
In the meantime, a list of all your trades  can be found under your transaction log.  Smiley

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2015, 09:53:09 AM

Interesting proposal with the downloadable trade history. I will put that suggestion forward to the team.
In the meantime, a list of all your trades  can be found under your transaction log.  Smiley

Yes i found that list already. It's only hard to get the data out of it. And the data it contains is not enough. For example it does not show the price of opening and closing a position. Might be enough to give an average. And an exact datetime would be good.

Maybe you can check out other exchanges, bitcoin exchanges, normal forex exchanges and so on to see what kind of logs they provide. Then copy them and provide the data as csv too, or so. Should be pretty easy to build. Standard database coder work.

Pizpie
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 01:10:19 PM

Yes i found that list already. It's only hard to get the data out of it. And the data it contains is not enough. For example it does not show the price of opening and closing a position. Might be enough to give an average. And an exact datetime would be good.

Maybe you can check out other exchanges, bitcoin exchanges, normal forex exchanges and so on to see what kind of logs they provide. Then copy them and provide the data as csv too, or so. Should be pretty easy to build. Standard database coder work.

That specific information can be found in the order history tab, but I do agree that an ability to export that data would be very useful and convenient. I will follow up on this topic and get back to you.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2015, 09:38:16 PM

Ah, position history. Thanks for the tip.

I really hope i slowly get the grip of forex trading. One thing i like for sure is that these charts play by the rules of technical analysis. Something i missed with bitcoin trading.

That specific information can be found in the order history tab, but I do agree that an ability to export that data would be very useful and convenient. I will follow up on this topic and get back to you.

Rage19420

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 09:58:12 PM

I really hope i slowly get the grip of forex trading. One thing i like for sure is that these charts play by the rules of technical analysis. Something i missed with bitcoin trading.

I haven't looked back trading btc after trading fx. The liquidity is insane and much easier to TA with for sure.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2015, 10:43:09 PM

hmm, it still is quite dangerous unless you are going with low leverage with currencies that you are almost certain will go a certain way.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2015, 11:52:41 PM

hmm, it still is quite dangerous unless you are going with low leverage with currencies that you are almost certain will go a certain way.

I think it should not make a so very high difference with leverage. I mean the price movements on eurusd are not so huge intraday that you could get margin called with 200 leverage. At least not if you care.

At the end it should not matter so much if you make 100 trades without leverage or 1 trade with 100 leverage. The risks should be the same. And if you fear being wiped out then only use a part of your investment.

So i don't see why leverage on 1broker should be so much more dangerous.

Rage19420

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 12:25:12 AM

I think it should not make a so very high difference with leverage. I mean the price movements on eurusd are not so huge intraday that you could get margin called with 200 leverage. At least not if you care.

At the end it should not matter so much if you make 100 trades without leverage or 1 trade with 100 leverage. The risks should be the same. And if you fear being wiped out then only use a part of your investment.

After trading on 1broker for almost a year, it like any other FX broker, with high leverage you can and will get your position wiped out in an instant on high volatility events with 200x or more.

Like AUDUSD during a major news event. If not paying attention and on the wrong side of the trade a 200x position would have most likely been wiped out

That 5m candle wicked to almost 50pips  Shocked
Pizpie
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 04:37:39 AM

The nice thing about leverage is that it allows you to use smaller margins and still make reasonable gains.
People with poor risk management rush in with large positions at high leverage, and the majority will lose because they lack proper risk management and analysis (fundamentally and on technicals).
I know the term gets reused a lot, but that is the truth.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2015, 07:29:31 PM

After trading on 1broker for almost a year, it like any other FX broker, with high leverage you can and will get your position wiped out in an instant on high volatility events with 200x or more.

Like AUDUSD during a major news event. If not paying attention and on the wrong side of the trade a 200x position would have most likely been wiped out

That 5m candle wicked to almost 50pips  Shocked

I know, though i think when you trade with these high leverages then you should not let your position unobserved. And a tight stop, maybe 2 pips, might be mandatory too.

Well, but i must say it is generally not easy. Even when you manage to let your emotions out, you have to beat the one pip. Which means you really have to have a very good guess to be profitable. I managed to win 8 bets and lose 6, though i had less than before because of the spread.

Does someone know if fxcopy.com is legit? That user tac trades usdjpy each couple of minutes but his exit prices always are 1 or 2 pips higher than the highest value i see on tradingview.com. Is that account an advertising for that broker and it is a scam? Or are there different forex markets so that the price difference can come from that?

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2015, 07:37:48 PM

The nice thing about leverage is that it allows you to use smaller margins and still make reasonable gains.
People with poor risk management rush in with large positions at high leverage, and the majority will lose because they lack proper risk management and analysis (fundamentally and on technicals).

I admit i make too often bad decisions, mostle when emotions get in my way or when i don't check carefully enough my indicators.

Can you tell what the most important indicators are for you?

For me it looks like pivot points are very important. The bigger their timeframe the more important.

Then normal support/resist, though you have to put them in the chart manually, or is there an indicator that can do that for small S/R too?

Checking if there is a channel and if the price is probably going to the opposite direction again is important too.

So can you tell me how you find your entry and exit points? And when you trade intraday and with leverage, where do you set your stop loss? And do you set a take profit or how do you decide that the price won't move further? (If no S/R or pivot are in the way)

If doing Leverage, how much percent of your bitcoins do you set in one trade?

Thanks!

Pizpie
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 08:11:02 AM

I admit i make too often bad decisions, mostle when emotions get in my way or when i don't check carefully enough my indicators.

For me it looks like pivot points are very important. The bigger their timeframe the more important.

Then normal support/resist, though you have to put them in the chart manually, or is there an indicator that can do that for small S/R too?

Checking if there is a channel and if the price is probably going to the opposite direction again is important too.

So can you tell me how you find your entry and exit points? And when you trade intraday and with leverage, where do you set your stop loss? And do you set a take profit or how do you decide that the price won't move further? (If no S/R or pivot are in the way)

Thanks!

I only make entries on support and resistant pivots. I use a lot of custom indicators, but they revolve around RSI, momentum and divergence.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2015, 12:07:22 PM

Thanks!

I only make entries on support and resistant pivots. I use a lot of custom indicators, but they revolve around RSI, momentum and divergence.

Thank you for the tip. Interesting about the pivots, i thought the standard resistance lines one draws from the day before are more important but i certainly saw the importance of pivots. Not so much the smaller pivots, for 1 hour, half or 2 hours or so.

Though what i wonder... how do you know when a pivot line will break? Even when you would set your order behind the pivot, it would be likely that your order gets triggered and it goes back, so that only the shadow went through. Do you wait until a candle body is complete on the other side or when it closes broken?

Yeah, tradingview has a lot of great indicators that can help. I need to take a little bit time one day so that i can customize my own indicator. Cheesy

Pizpie
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 03:10:37 PM

Thanks!

Thank you for the tip. Interesting about the pivots, i thought the standard resistance lines one draws from the day before are more important but i certainly saw the importance of pivots. Not so much the smaller pivots, for 1 hour, half or 2 hours or so.

Though what i wonder... how do you know when a pivot line will break? Even when you would set your order behind the pivot, it would be likely that your order gets triggered and it goes back, so that only the shadow went through. Do you wait until a candle body is complete on the other side or when it closes broken?

Yeah, tradingview has a lot of great indicators that can help. I need to take a little bit time one day so that i can customize my own indicator. Cheesy

Momentum and volume of a break are a good way to confirm if it's a real break, or just a sweep to clean up stops.
http://theinnercircletrader.com/Tutorials.htm has a lot of good resources for new traders.

exxe (OP)

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 09:55:53 PM

In case you missed the recent entries in our blog (https://1broker.com/?c=blog):

Volkswagen AG & Scandinavian pairs

You may have heard about the Volkswagen emissions scandal which affected 11 million vehicles and lead to global news coverage. Volkswagen's stock price did not remain unaffected; it plunged in value by a third in the days immediately after the news. This opens the possibility for an interesting investment or other speculative trades.

We do not want our traders to miss this opportunity and added Volkswagen AG (Symbol: VWO) to our list of stocks.

Additionally, we added two new forex pairs for our Scandinavian traders:
  • EUR/NOK
  • EUR/SEK

Happy trading!

Monetizing your API applications

In the past, it was quite difficult for developers to earn something from applications, which were built on top of 1Broker's API. To generate an incentive to create even more and better applications, we added the possibility to set a trader's referral ID via the API, when an order is opened. The profit share is equal to our traditional referral system: 15% of the spreads are credited instantly to the app-developer.

While this sounds like a minor change, we believe that this system has a huge potential and hope that some talented developers use this opportunity to create amazing software.

Visit our API documentation for more information on the technical part.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2015, 01:31:02 AM

Thanks!

Momentum and volume of a break are a good way to confirm if it's a real break, or just a sweep to clean up stops.
http://theinnercircletrader.com/Tutorials.htm has a lot of good resources for new traders.

Thank you for the tips! I hope i slowly will get a grip of forex trading. It would be great when i can make this work. Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: