Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:16:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] 1Broker.io - Trade forex, indices, stocks and commodities  (Read 103013 times)
exxe (OP)

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2012, 03:25:39 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2019, 01:33:45 PM by exxe

Hello, Bitcoiners!

We would like to introduce you to https://1broker.io.

Who we are

We launched 1Broker in 2012, with the purpose of connecting Bitcoin with global markets.
We happily serve more than 10,000 users and have handled over 1,000,000 trades. Our philosophy: Simplicity, speed and security.

1Broker is owned and operated by https://1pool.ltd/

Security and keeping your Bitcoin safe is our top priority. Since 2012, 1Broker has not had a single security breach or loss of user funds. You can find more details about our this topic on our security page.

Platform features

• Modern, mobile-friendly interface.
  • Transparent formulas with no hidden fees.
  • Quick deposits and withdrawals.
  • Adjustable leverage up to 200x.
  • No minimum deposit.
  • No deposit fees.
  • Competitive affiliate program - A great way to earn a passive income!
  • Advanced social features - Share your trades and get rewarded if someone copies it.
  • Friendly, responsive support.
  • Tight spreads.
  • Quick order execution.
  • Advanced order types.
  • API access.

Trading instruments

• Indices (11)
  • Stocks (24)
  • Forex pairs (16)
  • Cryptocurrency (1)
  • Commodities (3)

Helpful Links

Full list of available markets.
Platform fees and minimums.
Platform features.

Latest updates
2017-02-13: Update March 13th
2017-02-13: A new era begins
2017-02-13: Higher Limits!
2017-01-14: New Referral System
2016-12-09: Trailing Stop Loss added
2016-11-29: Live charts and CSV/PDF exports
2016-11-15: API version 2.0
2016-11-07: 1Broker v2.0 announcement

Connect with us

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
guruvan

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2012, 04:09:22 PM

You say you're a 20yo software engineering student.

Why on earth do you think that qualifies you to launch a derivatives trading platform business

At 20, it's unlikely that you have extensive financial, and trading experience, and equally unlikely that you have sufficiently extensive security experience to be the sole proprietor of such a business.

Without a full team backing your endeavor, and undeniable proof of your own team's cash investment in more than just software development, I cannot understand who would want to trade on such a platform.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but you apparently have no clue what you're getting yourself into from your OP, and should simply stop now, sell your software to a financial team, and call that a success. If you try to operate such a business yourself, I can only speculate the damages at the end.

exxe (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2012, 04:43:18 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2019, 01:34:46 PM by exxe

I understand your opinion about this. (I would probably say the same if a random person creates such a service)
I have years of experience in web/server security and CFD trading, but everyone could say that, I know.
Well, I cannot prove that I have enough security and financial know-how for that; I think only time can.

Selling to a financial team? You imply that I should go the same way Bitcoinica went?  Wink

BTW: We are a small team of 4 persons. (Me, Support, Support, Backend server admin)

-exxe

MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
November 09, 2012, 04:56:46 PM

Who are you again?

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
exxe (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2012, 05:12:08 PM

@MPOE-PR: I created the software, own the domain and I'm the only one who has access to the Bitcoin wallet.
thatbluedude

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 09, 2012, 09:24:03 PM

Visited site, shouldn't you have one of those?
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impressumspflicht#Recht_in_.C3.96sterreich
(afaik Austrian/German websites need to publish a site notice with names and stuff by law)
I don't think you will be successful with a stock exchange with doubtful legal status so soon after GLBSE shutdown. Please surprise me with some good explanation for the absence of personal information but things don’t look trust inducing so far.
exxe (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2012, 10:29:48 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2016, 08:55:46 AM by exxe

@thatbluedude: You are right. This and other legal things will hopefully be resolved in the next weeks.
But as we have seen before, this doesn't protect users at all. Bitcoin7, a Bitcoin exchange, stole 700$ from my account in 2011 although it was a perfectly registered company.
... and everyone knows other examples of "professional" companies suddenly disappearing.

Nevertheless, I want this project to become legally as transparent and clean as possible in the future.

PS: Providing my full identity to trusted members is no problem.

-exxe
augustocroppo
VIP

Merit: 503

View Profile
November 09, 2012, 11:28:52 PM

http://www.ewhois.com/1broker.com/

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (http://www.godaddy.com)
   Domain Name: 1BROKER.COM
      Created on: 01-May-00
      Expires on: 01-May-13
      Last Updated on: 28-Aug-12

Registrant:
   Domains By Proxy, LLC
   DomainsByProxy.com
   14747 N Northsight Blvd Suite 111, PMB 309
   Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
   United States

Administrative Contact:
      Private, Registration  @domainsbyproxy.com
      Domains By Proxy, LLC
      DomainsByProxy.com
      United States
      (480) 624-2599      Fax -- (480) 624-2598

Technical Contact:
      Private, Registration  @domainsbyproxy.com
      Domains By Proxy, LLC
      DomainsByProxy.com
      United States
      (480) 624-2599      Fax -- (480) 624-2598

Domain servers in listed order:
      NS1.CLOUDNS.NET
      NS2.CLOUDNS.NET
      NS3.CLOUDNS.NET
      NS4.CLOUDNS.NET
exxe (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2012, 01:07:50 AM

@augustocroppo: Domains By Proxy isn't that bad, but I understand your post. Once the legal status is resolved I'll add appropriate WHOIS records and a better SSL cert.

I fully understand the mistrust against 1Broker ... I would love to prove that I have good intentions with this project. Any suggestions? (except selling it to a "professional team")
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1065

View Profile
November 10, 2012, 01:57:31 AM

I would love to prove that I have good intentions with this project. Any suggestions?
1) testnet coins version
2) any alt-coin version

With the amount of hate that alt-coins are getting on this forum some people will start trading the regular bitcoins on your site just to spite the alt-coiners.

Please comment, critique, criticize or ridicule BIP 2112: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54382.0
Long-term mining prognosis: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91101.0
augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
November 10, 2012, 05:32:17 AM
Last edit: May 05, 2013, 02:52:08 AM by A+C

@augustocroppo: Domains By Proxy isn't that bad, but I understand your post. Once the legal status is resolved I'll add appropriate WHOIS records and a better SSL cert.

I fully understand the mistrust against 1Broker ... I would love to prove that I have good intentions with this project. Any suggestions? (except selling it to a "professional team")

Disclose all pertinent information regarding who you are, who have access to the Internet page (partners, employee, etc) and where all you are established. You must forward this information to myself in a private message. I will verify the consistency of the information and require more data if necessary. Once I conclude the information provided is legitimate, I will encrypt all private messages you sent to me with an private key and publish the encrypted message in this thread. Then the private key will be shared with Theymos, the administrator of this forum. In the event where it becomes necessary to disclose the information contained in the encrypted format, I or Theymos will disclose the private key to decode the encryption.
exxe (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2012, 10:35:24 AM

@augustocroppo, I sent all my data to your email address.
exxe (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2012, 11:42:16 AM

After I've sent all my data plus a photo of my ID to "augustocroppo" he doesn't respond to my mails and he didn't write a report to this forum as promised in a mail.
Is anyone else willing to confirm my identity? I would prefer well known members with good reputation.

-exxe
MPOE-PR

Merit: 522

View Profile
November 23, 2012, 01:16:16 PM

After I've sent all my data plus a photo of my ID to "augustocroppo" he doesn't respond to my mails and he didn't write a report to this forum as promised in a mail.
Is anyone else willing to confirm my identity? I would prefer well known members with good reputation.

-exxe

This is why you don't send your data to random idiots on some forum.

See here.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
exxe (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2012, 02:57:32 PM

He isn't a random idiot (>450 posts and VIP status). He just didn't write the report as promised but that's ok.
My data isn't something that needs to be protected at all. Everyone who seems to be established in the community can have it.
The reason why I'm not publishing my identity to everyone right now is that there are some open legal questions (and I have not spoken with a lawyer yet)

To your link: I enjoyed reading your text on but you can't apply all of this on 1Broker. Personally I've traded quite big amounts of Bitcoins during the last year(s). I have used many great services, but I have not used WOT one time. Although it works and it is a good thing for trading with individuals I don't think having a WOT account would help the average bitcoin user, who wants to know if 1Broker is safe to use.

-exxe
rini17

Activity: 340
Merit: 250

GO http://bitcointa.lk !!! My new nick: jurov

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2012, 08:39:57 PM

He isn't a random idiot (>450 posts and VIP status). He just didn't write the report as promised but that's ok.
My data isn't something that needs to be protected at all. Everyone who seems to be established in the community can have it.
The reason why I'm not publishing my identity to everyone right now is that there are some open legal questions (and I have not spoken with a lawyer yet)

To your link: I enjoyed reading your text on but you can't apply all of this on 1Broker. Personally I've traded quite big amounts of Bitcoins during the last year(s). I have used many great services, but I have not used WOT one time. Although it works and it is a good thing for trading with individuals I don't think having a WOT account would help the average bitcoin user, who wants to know if 1Broker is safe to use.

-exxe
If you really had some exposure to wider bitcoin market like you assert, you'd have noticed that for example BTCJAM allows for identity verification. Or you would find some other way to support your bold, but vague statements that:

a) you traded big amounts of bitcoins (like, nobody you traded with is on WoT neither here? )
b) you have used many great (I presume bitcoin?) services
c) you invested 1000h+ on creating this platform (but couldn't buy better SSL certificate?)

It's true I don't have any better SSL cert on coinbr.com, but that site is clearly labeled as beta. BTW, I think you are violating StartSSL policy. I don't find this a big issue, but I was rejected by StartSSL because supposedly they won't issue free certs for financial services. So beware, you may have a problem when they find out.

CoinBr.com: First online MPEx brokerage launched beta! Easy to use interface and reasonable fees. Charts for MPEx stocks: live.coinbr.com * My Blog *
exxe (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 05:15:26 PM

I really don't know why I should get ID verified on BTCJAM. Maybe I overlooked something but this does not help users which are not using BTCJAM.

a) Yes this is right. I mainly used web platforms/services. Yes, having no reputation is bad, but I can't change it.
b) Why is this a vague statement. (Yes bitcoin services)
c) As stated above the SSL certificate will be improved. The main reason why I'm using StartCom is to avoid "not-trusted certificate warnings". The primary goal is to encrypt the connection between the user and the web-server. However, a higher-class certificate is must-have for a service like this, I agree. If you doubt that I spent 1000h+ on this platform I doubt that you used it.

Thanks for the info with the StartCom TOS, I will add a better cert as soon as I can.

PS: I sent all my real-life data to theymos.
augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 04:48:20 AM

I am sorry for the delay Exxe, I told you that could take weeks to finish the evaluation. I have been quite busy with personal and professional matters. Unpredictable events had occupied my free time.

-exxe

I agree with you. The most important part is show willingness to communicate and delivery what you promise. That is the most necessary requirement to your business be successful.

exxe (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 03:42:13 PM

The platform received a huge update yesterday.
We added some new markets:
  • BTC/USD
  • 5 FX majors
  • Microsoft Corp.
  • Facebook Inc.
  • S&P 500

We've also updated the SSL certificate which is now much better and added more information to our "security" page: https://1broker.com/?c=about_security

PS: I want to thank all users who tried out this platform and especially those who gave feedback.
rini17

Activity: 340
Merit: 250

GO http://bitcointa.lk !!! My new nick: jurov

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2012, 11:35:05 PM

MPEx seeks market makers for its new X.* futures, wouldn't you be up to the task? Just sayin'.

CoinBr.com: First online MPEx brokerage launched beta! Easy to use interface and reasonable fees. Charts for MPEx stocks: live.coinbr.com * My Blog *
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: