Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:40:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best mining hardware?  (Read 2060 times)
FruitsBasket (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1017

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 10:14:54 AM

Hello,

I may want to start a little project to make little bitcoin farm, which is hopefully profitable. I want to use usb miners. And what else do I need? Rasperry pi? And how much miners i can use for each raspberry pi?

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 12:02:19 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1234232.0
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 02:08:02 PM

Hello,

I may want to start a little project to make little bitcoin farm, which is hopefully profitable. I want to use usb miners. And what else do I need? Rasperry pi? And how much miners i can use for each raspberry pi?

You need to do some reading.  Most mining is done by Asics, which most come with a controller so you plug it in and set it up, and leave it alone.

Raspberry PI is a good controller for Avalon 4.1, compacs, lots of usb miners, etc.  But you have some research to do as it's a huge range of the different kinds of miners.

Just basic check what is your electricity price?  And do you have vat/import tax?
Finksy
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 03:04:33 PM

https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator

Use 3-4% as your difficulty adjustment per period, plug in the rest of your information in left side fields, and find out for yourself if what you're looking at is profitable.

IBM 2880W PSU Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=966135 IBM 4K PSU Breakout Boards & Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1308296 
Server PSU-powered GPU rig solutions! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1864539  Wallet address: 1GWQYCv22cAikgTgT1zFuAmsJ9fFqq9TXf 
FruitsBasket (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 12:49:35 PM

Hello,

You need to do some reading.  Most mining is done by Asics, which most come with a controller so you plug it in and set it up, and leave it alone.

Raspberry PI is a good controller for Avalon 4.1, compacs, lots of usb miners, etc.  But you have some research to do as it's a huge range of the different kinds of miners.

Just basic check what is your electricity price?  And do you have vat/import tax?
I am thinking of doing a project with college and they run the miners there 24/7. I read that the prices of electricity in the netherlands is 0.22€ per kWh.

Is that cheap or expensive?

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 12:54:26 PM

Hello,

I am thinking of doing a project with college and they run the miners there 24/7. I read that the prices of electricity in the netherlands is 0.22€ per kWh.

That would be very expensive on electricity.  You don't stand a chance with any miner of ROI there.  You could get a usb one for fun.

But buying a big miner and counting on making money there will not happen.  You would need to look into hosting elsewhere/cloud
ranochigo
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 4127

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 12:54:45 PM

Hello,

Very expensive. The ideal electrical costs should be below US$0.10. If you can get efficient hardware that is cheap, go for it. I hardly think there is any unless you buy an used one.

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
FruitsBasket (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 12:58:31 PM

Hello,

Very expensive. The ideal electrical costs should be below US$0.10. If you can get efficient hardware that is cheap, go for it. I hardly think there is any unless you buy an used one.
hmm, that is annoying. Why is it so cheap elsewehre?
So u guys suggest me to do cloudmining?

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
ranochigo
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 01:09:54 PM

Hello,

You need to do some reading.  Most mining is done by Asics, which most come with a controller so you plug it in and set it up, and leave it alone.

Raspberry PI is a good controller for Avalon 4.1, compacs, lots of usb miners, etc.  But you have some research to do as it's a huge range of the different kinds of miners.

Just basic check what is your electricity price?  And do you have vat/import tax?

Different electricity generation method? Some have natural geothermal energy or electric dam.

Cloudmining does not give you the first hand experience of mining as it's hosted in the datacenter. Cloudmining would most probably not be profitable at all and it would just be a waste of money if the company doesn't scam you. Go for a USB miner. It doesn't hash fast but it is a great device to try mining from.

███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
FruitsBasket (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 01:21:32 PM

Hello,

You need to do some reading.  Most mining is done by Asics, which most come with a controller so you plug it in and set it up, and leave it alone.

Raspberry PI is a good controller for Avalon 4.1, compacs, lots of usb miners, etc.  But you have some research to do as it's a huge range of the different kinds of miners.

Just basic check what is your electricity price?  And do you have vat/import tax?

Different electricity generation method? Some have natural geothermal energy or electric dam.

Cloudmining does not give you the first hand experience of mining as it's hosted in the datacenter. Cloudmining would most probably not be profitable at all and it would just be a waste of money if the company doesn't scam you. Go for a USB miner. It doesn't hash fast but it is a great device to try mining from.
Okay the usb miners it will be, do I need per se a computer to make it mine? Or can I just plug it into the electricity net? So that I only need to set up my address through software? Or I need raspberry pi? And how much usb miners i can power with one raspberry pi?

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
ranochigo
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 01:32:38 PM

Hello,

Okay the usb miners it will be, do I need per se a computer to make it mine? Or can I just plug it into the electricity net? So that I only need to set up my address through software? Or I need raspberry pi? And how much usb miners i can power with one raspberry pi?
You do need raspberry Pi as a low profile host. There are guides here. You cannot possibly power a USB miner with those ports on raspberry Pi. You do need a powered USB port, you can easily obtain them. The key is it must be powered, it must be able to be plugged into a power plug to supply it some power. You should also put a fan to cool them down. An example is this. I would assume that you can run loads of USB miners with powered ports.

███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
FruitsBasket (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 01:40:24 PM

Hello,

You do need raspberry Pi as a low profile host. There are guides here. You cannot possibly power a USB miner with those ports on raspberry Pi. You do need a powered USB port, you can easily obtain them. The key is it must be powered, it must be able to be plugged into a power plug to supply it some power. You should also put a fan to cool them down. An example is this. I would assume that you can run loads of USB miners with powered ports.
So 1 raspberry pi would be enough to power as much miners as i want? The fan isn't the problem, that isn't too expensive. So if i would mine i would make loss right?

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
ranochigo
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 01:47:55 PM

Hello,

So 1 raspberry pi would be enough to power as much miners as i want? The fan isn't the problem, that isn't too expensive. So if i would mine i would make loss right?
IIRC, the theoretical maximum was 127 (USB2) and 49 device in reality. There hasn't been much updates in the USB mining since it is vastly inefficient for mining in the masses. It would make a rather good Christmas decoration when it blings IMO.

███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
FruitsBasket (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 01:54:11 PM

Hello,

IIRC, the theoretical maximum was 127 (USB2) and 49 device in reality. There hasn't been much updates in the USB mining since it is vastly inefficient for mining in the masses. It would make a rather good Christmas decoration when it blings IMO.
Haha ROFL!
Also I would not buy 49 USB miners for a little farm, then it would be much better to buy an ASIC S5?
Isn't there any other way to mine? Because i saw a video once a guy solved a block within 30 minutes with pen and paper...

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
ranochigo
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 02:08:05 PM

Hello,

Haha ROFL!
Also I would not buy 49 USB miners for a little farm, then it would be much better to buy an ASIC S5?
Isn't there any other way to mine? Because i saw a video once a guy solved a block within 30 minutes with pen and paper...
S5 is powerful but it is hefty investment and it wouldn't make ROI. You can mine with a pen and paper but it has to be below the current bitcoin target. You probably won't mine it within a lifetime unless you are very very lucky.

Edit: Just made a brief estimation are you won't be making anywhere near ROI.

███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 02:09:24 PM

Hello,

Haha ROFL!

People have done it on the 49 port hub.  It was back in the block erupter day's long ago. So not recent.

Most recent high capacity is Phils rig I thik.  I think he has 19 or 20 compacs running off of one hub which I believe the most compacs to one user.  The nice thing with compacs if you can lotto mine for almost no cost on electricity with RPI an compac.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 05:04:25 PM

You've been lied to, no one has solved a block with pen and paper and especially within 30 minutes. What you could do is build a solar setup of a couple hundred watts and run an asic on there if you really really want to.

You can actually do it by pencil and paper - http://www.righto.com/2014/09/mining-bitcoin-with-pencil-and-paper.html . You will not be able to compete  against Asics.... so by the time your doine it's worth nothing but you can do by hand.

One of my favorite ones I've seen is a BTC solving nes - http://retrominer.com/  Just a cool project no useful mining coming out of it.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 10:10:26 PM

You've been lied to, no one has solved a block with pen and paper and especially within 30 minutes. What you could do is build a solar setup of a couple hundred watts and run an asic on there if you really really want to.

You can actually do it by pencil and paper - http://www.righto.com/2014/09/mining-bitcoin-with-pencil-and-paper.html . You will not be able to compete  against Asics.... so by the time your doine it's worth nothing but you can do by hand.

One of my favorite ones I've seen is a BTC solving nes - http://retrominer.com/  Just a cool project no useful mining coming out of it.
I have read and seen about doing it by paper but no way do I believe someone has solved a block by hand, the odds are just too extraordinary.

You would be right no one has solved a block on it.  They have mined with it.   But in the end you could never submit work as Asics soul have beaten you to it.

So I guess mining by hand possible as far as experiment.  Solving by hand not possible I understand what your saying now and do agree.
FruitsBasket (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 11:02:42 AM

I have read and seen about doing it by paper but no way do I believe someone has solved a block by hand, the odds are just too extraordinary.
So if you solve a block is that one thing or are those multiple math solutions?
So you can solve a sum but u need multiple to get the block?

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
bitcoinbettingtips

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 11:10:22 AM

Hello,

That electricity price is expensive. You will not have ROI if the difficulty rises 3% every 14 days and pool fee is 2%.
FruitsBasket (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 11:21:18 AM

Hello,

That electricity price is expensive. You will not have ROI if the difficulty rises 3% every 14 days and pool fee is 2%.
Hmm, would I get profit when the btc price keeps rising?
Or will the dificulty screw it for me and I shouldn't start a farm?

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 11:34:18 AM

Hello,

On BTC I judge profit on if I get more BTC then I started with.  I do not judge in value of BTC as that would skew the results and possibly show ROI when you lost btc (unless paid in USD).

The difficulty could be quite high if it keeps going up.  The good news is there is only so many miners they can make, and so many data centers without building more.  I don't think anyone can give you a good speculation on what will happen on it.
FruitsBasket (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 11:55:31 AM

Hello,

On BTC I judge profit on if I get more BTC then I started with.  I do not judge in value of BTC as that would skew the results and possibly show ROI when you lost btc (unless paid in USD).

The difficulty could be quite high if it keeps going up.  The good news is there is only so many miners they can make, and so many data centers without building more.  I don't think anyone can give you a good speculation on what will happen on it.
So it is too late to start mining right now?
But how can no one know what the difficulty will be? Did Satoshi make it go random or something?

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 12:04:56 PM

But how can no one know what the difficulty will be? Did Satoshi make it go random or something?

It all depends on your personal factors.  For example what is your electricity? And do you have a vat/income tax?

Not one size fit's all.  But no for a lot right now it's not to late to start mining.  But if you have high electricity price... it's not that your to late but that your factor do not allow mining.
FruitsBasket (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 12:09:48 PM

It all depends on your personal factors.  For example what is your electricity? And do you have a vat/income tax?

Not one size fit's all.  But no for a lot right now it's not to late to start mining.  But if you have high electricity price... it's not that your to late but that your factor do not allow mining.
My electricity costs 20 cents per kWh I believe, but mayby I can run it on the college and I not have to pay any electric bills.
Do usb miners make a hard sound? Do they need to be ventilated?

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 12:31:04 PM

On BTC I judge profit on if I get more BTC then I started with.  I do not judge in value of BTC as that would skew the results and possibly show ROI when you lost btc (unless paid in USD).

The difficulty could be quite high if it keeps going up.  The good news is there is only so many miners they can make, and so many data centers without building more.  I don't think anyone can give you a good speculation on what will happen on it.

It all depends on your personal factors.  For example what is your electricity? And do you have a vat/income tax?

Not one size fit's all.  But no for a lot right now it's not to late to start mining.  But if you have high electricity price... it's not that your to late but that your factor do not allow mining.
My electricity costs 20 cents per kWh I believe, but mayby I can run it on the college and I not have to pay any electric bills.

Yes 20 cent's is to high.  You would be better off hosting it somewhere you could get 10 cents pretty easy.

Most USB miners cost more then you will make.  A lot like me use them for lotto machines  And ventilated depends on USB and frequency, some do take a fan if running high freq.   Sound is low with them.

Sound would be a big issue assuming your in a school one room setting.  You could look at S3's for example and underclock.  Or bigger and mod it like phil did on S7 -https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1188217.0
ranochigo
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 12:39:23 PM

USB miners can get quite hot easily as they are still miners and can generate huge amount of heat. You will surely need a fan to cool them or at least a large heat sink on the chip. If you get good quality fan, you can reduce the sound. I personally like arctic breeze USB fans.

███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
FruitsBasket (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 12:45:50 PM

Can I make something like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfhtoHU0dXY
And do I need a big fan? Or just a small usb fan is enough?

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 12:47:47 PM

USB miners can get quite hot easily as they are still miners and can generate huge amount of heat. You will surely need a fan to cool them or at least a large heat sink on the chip. If you get good quality fan, you can reduce the sound. I personally like arctic breeze USB fans.

It depends highly on the Freq and power going to the usb stick.  Have you used any modern USB sticks?  Mainly the compac it's pretty much best one to go with.

But you don't always need fan. Depends on freq and power, you can make it go high where you need fan.  Or let it run low and it does not need a fan.  So it really does very of if it's needed.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 12:50:56 PM

Have you done the ROI math? I really think you should if you are thinking about profit.  If you are doing lotto mining (trying to hit a block)  then a usb miner like compac does well.

I could be wrong but I don't think you have done ROI math to this.

I may want to start a little project to make little bitcoin farm, which is hopefully profitable. I want to use usb miners. ....

FruitsBasket (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 01:41:32 PM

Have you done the ROI math? I really think you should if you are thinking about profit.  If you are doing lotto mining (trying to hit a block)  then a usb miner like compac does well.

I may want to start a little project to make little bitcoin farm, which is hopefully profitable. I want to use usb miners. ....

Sorry, but what is lotto mining?
Lotto in my country means like a you buy a ticket and can win a lotterij. Is that same in english?

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 02:05:19 PM

Lotto in my country means like a you buy a ticket and can win a lotterij. Is that same in english?

Lotto is mining trying to hit a block by yourself.  Normal mining you use a pool and a bunch combine power.  Lotto you are trying to (in most cases) solo mine a block.  Chances are you never will hit it so it's like playing lottery.

Usb miners will not be profitable pool miner, just to high of cost per GH.  They are fun though and great lotto miners.  If you truly want a profit you need to do some ROI math and look at bigger miners.  The day's of pool mining with a stick miner are over.
FruitsBasket (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 02:17:18 PM

Lotto is mining trying to hit a block by yourself.  Normal mining you use a pool and a bunch combine power.  Lotto you are trying to (in most cases) solo mine a block.  Chances are you never will hit it so it's like playing lottery.

Usb miners will not be profitable pool miner, just to high of cost per GH.  They are fun though and great lotto miners.  If you truly want a profit you need to do some ROI math and look at bigger miners.  The day's of pool mining with a stick miner are over.
If u talk about big miners, do you mean like asics? I hear alot of people using an s5mto mine and get a good profit. Is that possible with my electricity cost?

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
ranochigo
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 02:26:18 PM

If u talk about big miners, do you mean like asics? I hear alot of people using an s5mto mine and get a good profit. Is that possible with my electricity cost?
Nope. When we are talking about big miners, it is usually miners that own a warehouse full of ASICs and not those who mine at home. This is mainly due to the discounted price of hardware when buying in bulk and the lower electrical costs. An example is shown in this documentary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8kua5B5K3I&ab_channel=Motherboard

███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 03:53:41 PM

I mean bigger asic miners yes.   A usb stick miner costs where it's a good lotto miner, but you will not make a profit from pool mining. 

Your electricity is just to high 0.22€ per kWh over time stands little chance of ROI.  Likely you would lose a good amount of mine running miners (might be a little better with surge in price).  But still no one should home mine with electricity prices like that.

You could look into hosting somewhere else that does not have the very high electricity price.
bitcoinbettingtips

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 08:33:33 AM

Hello,

If bitcoin price keeps on rising, you will get more fiat, not more bitcoin if you mine while the difficulty rises.

If that is the case, it is better just to buy the bitcoin directly.

ranochigo
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 09:26:31 AM

Hello,

Pool fee can be avoided easily, many pools offer no fee mining. Difficulty and Bitcoin price plays a huge part in your mining operation. A drop in price and rise in difficulty could easily mean a loss for your mining farm. The biggest one I have seen was 46% when Bitcoin price was rising very rapidly in Oct 2013.

███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
FruitsBasket (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 10:37:55 AM

Hello,

Pool fee can be avoided easily, many pools offer no fee mining. Difficulty and Bitcoin price plays a huge part in your mining operation. A drop in price and rise in difficulty could easily mean a loss for your mining farm. The biggest one I have seen was 46% when Bitcoin price was rising very rapidly in Oct 2013.
A 46% loss of the mining operation or 46% bitcoin difficulty increase?

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 05:48:21 PM

Hello,

Hes talking about the past.  Most are free or 2.5-4 pps.  Depends on type of pool you use and which pool.

But no matter what at your electricity price you should not mine there. Just to expensive for any hardware.   You could put it in a data center for less then 1/2 of the price of electricity price you mentioned.

So I would be looking into other things besides just home miners.
FruitsBasket (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 05:50:16 PM

Hello,

Hes talking about the past.  Most are free or 2.5-4 pps.  Depends on type of pool you use and which pool.

But no matter what at your electricity price you should not mine there. Just to expensive for any hardware.   You could put it in a data center for less then 1/2 of the price of electricity price you mentioned.

So I would be looking into other things besides just home miners.
So you mean I need to hire a place in a energy generating company?

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 05:54:48 PM

Look at different services on the forums that host miners.  Some specialize on you send a miner to them and you pay them to host it.  You have a much better chance with this as it is again less then 1/2  of what your home cost is and possible even cheaper.

But look around and research before sending a miner out to someone.  There are some well known ones, and I would stick to them.
FruitsBasket (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 05:56:12 PM

Look at different services on the forums that host miners.  Some specialize on you send a miner to them and you pay them to host it.  You have a much better chance with this as it is again less then 1/2  of what your home cost is and possible even cheaper.

But look around and research before sending a miner out to someone.  There are some well known ones, and I would stick to them.
There are well known companies or miners?
Also thanks for this awesome idea, then I can make profit, but I need to find a trusted one that is located in the Netherlands.

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 06:24:32 PM

Also thanks for this awesome idea, then I can make profit, but I need to find a trusted one that is located in the Netherlands.

Well known companies that host miners.  I don't think you will find one in the netherlands though.

I think you are going too have use elsewhere.  Main spots I can think of is China, Canada, US.   But I'm sure there are a few others.
FruitsBasket (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 06:32:58 PM

Well known companies that host miners.  I don't think you will find one in the netherlands though.

I think you are going too have use elsewhere.  Main spots I can think of is China, Canada, US.   But I'm sure there are a few others.
Can you name a few trusted ones, so I can look at it?

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: