Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:28:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SUCCESSFUL] Copywriting for Cryptocurrencies  (Read 1104 times)
deliciousowl (OP)

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 05:12:19 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2015, 02:42:11 PM by deliciousowl

Hello fellow Bitcoiners and cryptocurrency enthusiasts,

Do you need dazzling new text for your website or product? I can handle it, because I know that...

✔ Success is not about writing well, it's about writing to sell. ✔

Seven years of full-time copywriting has taught me how to craft a powerful call to action based on principles that reliably outperforms standard copywriting. I specialize in landing pages, e-mail marketing, social media marketing and content management.

If you need reliable text that gets results, then I'm your guy. So click .....

https://linkedin.com/in/filipmartinka

http://filipmartinka.com

Or just post in this thread! Any feedback is welcome.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin Explorer

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 05:23:16 AM

Can i get standard prices. Preferrably per 500 words. ive visited your website and its quite good. Did you create the complete website content of counterparty?

SirLolicon

Activity: 322

Sound Engineer for Hire

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 08:20:07 AM

A unique service.. Good luck, this service is going to probably be a big thing.

deliciousowl (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 10:59:02 AM

Can i get standard prices. Preferrably per 500 words. ive visited your website and its quite good. Did you create the complete website content of counterparty?

Thank you. I cooperated with the rest of the team on the content for the Counterparty website, worked on their SMM (social media marketing), as well as the majority of their documentation materials. The web design and layout was created by Humint.

My prices depend entirely on the type of writing, and more importantly, the context.

For blog or content writing, I charge a flat rate of 0.5 BTC (~$100) per 500 words.

However, I mainly specialize in boosting conversion rates and clickthroughs (CTR). So if you need strong sales copy, it's better if you send me a PM or e-mail to determine a specific quote. (Small Bitcoin start-ups and open-source projects get a discount!)

A unique service.. Good luck, this service is going to probably be a big thing.

Thank you! I must say I really appreciate your confidence. I'm actually in the process of setting up Goldwriter.net to create a recognizable brand for my services.

DropsOfJupiter

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 03:56:39 PM

Not hiring, but I was taken aback by your statement of being able to "reliably outperforms standard copywriting."
Do you have any copywriting portfolio available? Preferably with conversion metrics for digital products landing pages, opt-ins, subscriptions or anything similar.

The most amazing graphic designer in the universe
deliciousowl (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 02:12:17 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2015, 02:44:10 PM by deliciousowl

Not hiring, but I was taken aback by your statement of being able to "reliably outperforms standard copywriting."
Do you have any copywriting portfolio available? Preferably with conversion metrics for digital products landing pages, opt-ins, subscriptions or anything similar.

I absolutely see your point.

Currently there is a small portion of my portfolio available on my website. Metrics for landing pages, e-mail clickthroughs, and others will be added soon (on goldwriter.net). I haven't had the time set up a layout yet, as I have been FLOODED with work recently). Please guys, give me some time to breathe.  Wink

For Shoprocket, we've had a 550% increase in profits over the year. And I'd like to think that I contributed at least partially to this result. (Currently it is in the 2.0 closed BETA).

More specifically: The initial e-mail campaign to restaurants had an open rate of ~14%, and a clickthrough rate of around 3% (of the total). I performed some copywriting alchemy, and boosted the open rate to 39-40% and the clickthrough rate to 8-10%. Funniest of all, they disregarded my advice and went with short copy instead of long form. Probably cost them a few percent again!

But before I get the time to throw together the metrics in a readable format (awesome HTML5 graphs hopefully), here is what I mean when I say "standard copywriting":

Once you've been in the business for a few years, you begin to notice a few things. I realized that my mind's eye was completely BLIND for the first five years! I've also been on the other side of the equation, as a hiring manager. The biggest surprise was how many people are simply copywriting as an 'easy way for a housewife to make an extra $500'. But with all due respect and no offense intended, they don't know what they are doing!

A friend of mine recently approached me with his dream of becoming a copywriter. He is neither a native speaker, nor trained in marketing. Off the bat, he wants to get $10-20 per hour. And he could! The problem here is that he spends 35 hours of his week fixing cars. He is a MECHANIC! He might spend 5 to 10 hours a week writing. So do I. The only problem here is that he spends the other 35 fixing cars! I spend the other 35 on understanding the product, the audience, and their innate motivations.

Much like writing fiction is 90% practice and 10% imagination, writing copy is 90% crafting calls to action and 10% writing.

I started copywriting (writing to SELL) back in middle school. I wrote charity brochures, ads, etc. Around 14 years ago, I started doing room service in a hotel that didn't have any. All I had was a box of sodas and a black and white printer... by the end of the month I bought my own Gameboy and some games. I wasn't writing stories, I was doing business from the start!

Now consider... I fixed my bicycle once, and my friend spent a few hours teaching me how to maintain a car... would you trust me to fix your car OR write your copy?  

In a few cases, they may even be fantastic writers who consistently churn out gramatically perfect text...  But they don't get "it". They write to impress people, and to get the following reaction: "This is really well written! And so creative!"

Not a bad reaction... IF you are writing a book! (And even then, an author like E.L. James is neither a Hemingway nor full of brand new ideas.)

Standard copywriting, I would argue, is just that. It might impress you, sure... But 10 minutes later you're back to watching kittens do backflips, and a week later you wouldn't be able to name the product even if your life depended on it.

Goldwriting, as I call it, is in short supply. Goldwriting creates a brand, and has you spinning in your chair trying to figure out why you just bought 20 packages of something you didn't even know you needed 5 minutes ago.

TLDR: You can hire me or not, it all depends on whether you want the next Lord of the Rings, OR if you want your product to sell.  Cheesy

gumcruise

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 08:48:47 AM

Hey didn't I saw you a lot in the Counterparty thread?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=395761.0

Keep it real!!!  Grin
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2015, 08:52:27 AM

do you create landing pages too? if you do, what's your price?

deliciousowl (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 02:39:24 PM

do you create landing pages too? if you do, what's your price?

Yes!

Generally starts at 4 BTC, depending on topic, complexity, quality, etc. Do you also require graphic design, and mobile web design? Graphic design is handled separately by designers (which I can recruit if necessary), because I mainly specialize in writing and salesmanship.

It's also a question of: how much do you want to sell of what?

You can contact me at info@filipmartinka.com with more information and we can discuss a specific quote.

gumcruise

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 10:40:18 AM

Do you also do reviews of Resumes / CV??? Please pm
deliciousowl (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 12:41:17 PM

Currently I am working for several clients and available only around 5 to 10 hours a week maximum.

If you are interested in copywriting, offline/online marketing consulting, branding strategy, then you can feel free to message me and request a quote. If you need time intensive tasks, then I can assist you in your strategy and screen potential candidates for your position.

P.S. I'd like to offer a special thanks to my Bitcoin-loving clients, who are keeping me busy and helping me stay close to 90% BTC!

deliciousowl (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 07:47:16 AM

Bump.

Some new articles you guys might like to read:

Bitcoin the Religion?! - https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/bitcoin-religion-filip-martinka-
10 Deadly Sins of Marketing for Bitcoin - https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/10-deadly-sins-marketing-bitcoin-filip-martinka
Why Do Mad Men Like to Drink? - https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/why-do-mad-men-like-drink-filip-martinka
Why You Need These 7 Copywriting Classics - https://www.linkedin.com/today/post/article/why-you-need-7-copywriting-classics-filip-martinka

deliciousowl (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 11:27:35 PM

Bump. UNAVAILABLE until further notice.  Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: