Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:16:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $340 wot the hell is going on ?  (Read 1861 times)
prodigy8

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 08:38:58 PM

We have to fasten our seat belt because we are going to hit $400 within this week, bitcoin is ready to rise more up as we hit the $350 in first day of the week. Grin

Yeah the week is long and if price is increasing $20 a day
Then it can reach very fast probably by this week $400.
In general if we look at the graph the price moved so fast.
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 08:42:16 PM

It is the end of the bear market, at least for now. If it is a surprise for you, I think you must be new to bitcoin

In the past bubbles $100 rises in one day(or que equivalent given the past value) were common

(and right now the price is touching 360 and increasing)

In 2013 I remember going to bed and the next morning calculating how much money my husband and I made while sleeping!  Smiley  Those were the days.  It looks like we are back to that kind of fun again!  LOL

You only make money if you sell. So the question is will you and hubby sell some this time to lock in profits? If so at what level does the selling start? I myself only held through the prior runs to watch a large pile turn into a smaller pile. I believe it can go higher this time, but also want to balance that view with locking in some well needed gains.

you can bail out anytime ,even now  Smiley
but i wouldnt
you might think your rich if we go to the moon in 2016 you should liquidate the lot maybe around $5000 each

but what if we go to the mars on the halving after that in 2020 ?

would you not keep a couple until 2025 to see if we go to the nebula ?

i will.............

I am convinced the best plan is the SSS plan.  Have a plan and stick to it and then if and when BTC reaches 100,000 and up there won't be any tears shed. Wink https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345065.0

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 08:45:12 PM

The price reached $360 today while not many people (including myself) thought it had a high chance to happen. $350 maybe, but definitely not $360. I think for this year the ultimate high will be $400.
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 08:47:17 PM

You only make money if you sell. So the question is will you and hubby sell some this time to lock in profits? If so at what level does the selling start? I myself only held through the prior runs to watch a large pile turn into a smaller pile. I believe it can go higher this time, but also want to balance that view with locking in some well needed gains.
very wise words. You must balance yourself between the greed (extra gain) and the will of locking the profits (selling too early). It is not an easy art at all.
I hope I can make it better this time, so you are not alone.
But I still feel, this enthusiasm is a bit too early. I understand that the horizontal trend in most of 2015 was very boring, but we are nowhere at the level one should get excited. Not yet. This recent rise seems to run out of fuel and I wouldn't be surprised if we come back to sub-300 prices before the end of the year.

this space is intentionally left blank
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 08:48:19 PM

The price reached $360 today while not many people (including myself) thought it had a high chance to happen. $350 maybe, but definitely not $360. I think for this year the ultimate high will be $400.

Maybe for this one day the ultimate high will be $400.  Trust me, once the ball starts rolling and we have momentum behind a rally nothing stops BTC!  It wasn't nicknamed the "honey badger of money" for no reason.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 08:55:53 PM

Simply astounding ... ! I'm a newb in crypto, and the only reason I can think of why this impressive surge in BTC-price is taking place, is that it is gaining real 'momentum' now. With momentum I mean the combination of recent good news and the rising price increases confidence of a lot of people, thus only accelerating this development.

and most bears are broke now

there arent many people who want to sell who have bitcoin left to sell
xDan

Activity: 688

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 09:28:26 PM

Wake me up when it's $1000 again.

*yawn*

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
rocks
Legendary

Activity: 1153

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 09:40:08 PM

Already broke $370 briefly
God Donut

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 09:45:13 PM

so is this just a bubble all over again or there's some solid reason bitcoin should grow in value?
eatmyshorts1

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 09:48:28 PM

so is this just a bubble all over again or there's some solid reason bitcoin should grow in value?

It all depends on the amount of wealth that needs to be stored in btc. The more wealth in a scarce commodity, the higher each unit becomes valued. If it becomes the new 'gold' in terms of storing wealth, it will shoot up accordingly. If it does one better and becomes even a moderately frequently relied-upon currency as well as a store of wealth, then it should have a justifiably higher price than today.
God Donut

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 09:57:49 PM

It all depends on the amount of wealth that needs to be stored in btc. The more wealth in a scarce commodity, the higher each unit becomes valued. If it becomes the new 'gold' in terms of storing wealth, it will shoot up accordingly. If it does one better and becomes even a moderately frequently relied-upon currency as well as a store of wealth, then it should have a justifiably higher price than today.

I doubt bitcoin is going to become a new gold. Its too volatile. Bitcoin is great to transfer value all over the world and be anonymous about it. Was hoping this price climb we observing right now is the consequence of people finally realizing that bitcoin is awesome in terms of value transfer
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 10:01:18 PM

$360 a few minutes ago.

I read earlier today that something called (approximately) "MMM" is at least partly causing this spike.  MMM is spread by Youtube and involves the Philippines.

I suppose we will know more before long.
prodigy8

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 10:10:25 PM

Coinbase reached after few minutes ago $368
Also other exchanges reached $367 so the price is really boosted.
Today the change is almost about $40 since yesterday.
ROT13

Activity: 169

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 10:39:44 PM

Dilla

Activity: 588

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 10:40:25 PM

U wot m8?
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 03:57:08 PM

I doubt bitcoin is going to become a new gold. Its too volatile. Bitcoin is great to transfer value all over the world and be anonymous about it. Was hoping this price climb we observing right now is the consequence of people finally realizing that bitcoin is awesome in terms of value transfer
I agree with the first part of your opinion that bitcoin won't become new gold. Simply for the fact of how complicated the usage of bitcoins still is for an average Joe. There is still a lot to be made in order to make the entire process of involving non-enthusiast into Bitcoin. As for the second part, I believe the growth of Bitcoin price recently is purely speculative. THere were no significant changes when it comes to adoption, no news that potentially be a turning point. That is way I am rather sceptical to think about this rise in any other category as pure speculation.

this space is intentionally left blank
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: