Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:36:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MMM the reason for this explosion?  (Read 807 times)
voephilisI (OP)

Activity: 213
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 02:39:01 PM

I red several articles about those MMM project in Africa and the far east. Could it really work? What if it is a real ponzi?
Would be bad for Bitcoin I think...

http://mmmdy.com/

http://rsa-mmm.net/
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2015, 03:51:14 PM

I red several articles about those MMM project in Africa and the far east. Could it really work? What if it is a real ponzi?
Would be bad for Bitcoin I think...
-snip-

Its a ponzi and as such its working, just not the way some people might expect.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
newbitcoins

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 03:58:56 PM

All Ponzi scheme is bad. However, it might raise the awareness of bitcoin among ordinary people. I hope those people do not lose money as a result.
ajrah

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 04:03:55 PM

I guess it might be one of the reason why there's a sudden climb of Bitcoins rate since MMM uses Bitcoins as it's way to pay it's members, meaning they are one of the driving force nowadays why theres a demand of Bitcoins however, this guys are not the kind of Bitcoin holders the keep em while it's low until they reached a certain level to sell. This guys from MMM will just dump their Bitcoins once they received it.

!! pop

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 04:09:58 PM

... I hope those people do not lose money as a result.

Ponzis are great investments, 110% impossible to lose money.
newbitcoins

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 04:10:42 PM

So these new bitcoin users know how to operate the bicoin wallet? I thoght it is quite difficult for ordinary people to do that.
!! pop

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 04:13:40 PM

So these new bitcoin users know how to operate the bicoin wallet? I thoght it is quite difficult for ordinary people to do that.

Not at all!

Using bit-coin is intuitive and simple. Fig. 1 depicts a team of Bit coin enthusiasts explaining the basics of operating a 'bit~coin wallet' (not to be confused with the 'bitcoin address') to a young couple they've recently snared at a 'BitCoin meet-up.'

http://s9.postimg.org/axb05hpsv/Capture.png

Fig. 1
ajrah

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 04:15:00 PM

MMM works like an MLM and they conduct regular seminars and this is not done online, we are talking about face to face seminars and sometimes one on one discussion of the ponzi scheme so don't be surprised if they know how to use a Bitcoins wallet. They will do everything to make sure they sponsor a new victim of this scheme.

indiguy

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 04:17:41 PM

Just heard about this from a friend too and I do believe its a ponzi scam. No one in the right mind would give money taht way and sure thing something is coming the next days. And don't expect to get your money back because you can't file dispute with btc.
bassclef

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 04:34:52 PM

The market was ready to move up, ponzi or not. People always find news to associate with rallies and crashes, but the truth is supply and demand dictate market movements and news is usually secondary.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2942

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2015, 05:58:14 PM

Thats a ponzi site bro and still preading whole over the world to scam us. This mmm in my country has a bad record and people have been scammed.. so beware of that ponzi site.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
unent

Activity: 326

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 06:11:23 PM

This guy said the MMM ponzi declared "pause mode" (freeze withdrawals) a few days ago. Have they reopened withdrawals, or are they still blocked? It's difficult getting information about it by Googling. All ponzis collapse at the end of the day, and I'd like to be forewarned about the time the MMM ponzi will collapse.

I don't know what they are talking about, but I'm sure they funding MMM ponzi through btcchina

https://youtu.be/7GFA5R6qkso

BTW, today founder of mmm ponzi Sergey Mavrodi declared "pause mode" (freeze withdrawals) in mmm Russia until NY.

https://youtu.be/hW3i2FKt3Wg
newbitcoins

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 08:33:01 PM

I though MMM bitcoin scam started not so long a ago. It might take some time for it to collapse. I am looking forward to seeing its collapse.
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 08:43:09 PM

I think people are seriously overestimating one crook being responsible for bringing in tens of millions of dollars of volume everyday for the last month. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: