Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:41:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Suggestion: Button that check/uncheck "send this transaction anonymously"  (Read 362 times)
AtheistAKASaneBrain (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 04:10:02 PM

Edit: Please move this to this forum https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=6.0

So as we all know, Satoshi intended Bitcoin to be p2p cash through the internet. I still do not understand how this concept is compatible with the public ledger, unless, we use the notion of mixing inputs and outputs. I am not an expert or a coder, but I think the CoinJoin thing is pushing on this direction and have the right idea.

Of course technologies like Darkwallet sound even cooler, but, CoinJoin seems like a more simple approach and I think it could easily be implemented in Core.

My point is, everyone must be able to send a transaction anonymously if they want to, including the most average Joe of Joes out there. Therefore, a check/uncheck button next to "send" that says "send this transaction anonymously" must be added. All this would do is automate the whole process of the CoinJoin thing, so it would send your coins mixed with random people's coins in the same transaction so there is no way to know who is sending what from A to B. This coupled with confidential transactions which hide the amount of BTC moved could reach a very respectable level of anonymity for everyone and then we would be able to start talking about actual p2p cash.

We must push for a decentralized Bitcoin and as anonymous as it gets for the whole family.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: