Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:40:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🌟🌟🌟 [SIL] 611 SIXELEVEN ◥◣ BLOCKCHAIN DOMAIN NAME SYSTEM 🌟🌟🌟  (Read 79750 times)
p3yot33at3r

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 07:32:15 PM

I've registered a few names (but without filling out hosting information, etc.) in order to test things out.

Me too - everything seems to work as planned so far  Wink  I like the way this coin is heading, good work dev.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
notsofast
Legendary

Activity: 1517
Merit: 1042

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2015, 10:36:28 PM

I've registered a few names (but without filling out hosting information, etc.) in order to test things out.

Me too - everything seems to work as planned so far  Wink  I like the way this coin is heading, good work dev.

Would the names be visible in a block explorer? I wanna see what's out there.

twitter.com/notsofast
PatrickMacH (OP)

Activity: 442
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 01:16:54 AM

That's quite easy: Just run the following command in the debug window (console >): name_scan  Cool

--- --- ---
Note: If possible please do not abuse 611 (SixEleven) by blocking cool names for other users without need. At least please add your contact details to the e-mail configuration field, so that others have the option to contact you in case they like to buy the name for a real project later...
--- --- ---

◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
611 (SixEleven) [SIL coin] following the spirit of the age,
you have to follow the edge of technology
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
notsofast
Legendary

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2015, 02:52:29 AM

That's quite easy: Just run the following command in the debug window (console >): name_scan  Cool

--- --- ---
Note: If possible please do not abuse 611 (SixEleven) by blocking cool names for other users without need. At least please add your contact details to the e-mail configuration field, so that others have the option to contact you in case they like to buy the name for a real project later...
--- --- ---

Cool, that's a useful feature. Though it may timeout the wallet if there ends up being a lot of domain names registered!

twitter.com/notsofast
PatrickMacH (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 01:47:37 AM

Cool, that's a useful feature. Though it may timeout the wallet if there ends up being a lot of domain names registered!

Guess that should be no problem for your wallet; even if you register a few thousand domain names with it. Roll Eyes

If there are many thousand names active in the blockchain, then you may need to adjust the name_scan parameters to find the information you need:

Code:
> help name_scan
name_scan [<start-name>] [<max-returned>]
scan all names, starting at start-name and returning a maximum number of entries (default 500)

If you like to lookup a special name syntax, you may also use:

Code:
> help name_filter
name_filter [[[[[regexp] maxage=36000] from=0] nb=0] stat]
scan and filter names
[regexp] : apply [regexp] on names, empty means all names
[maxage] : look in last [maxage] blocks
[from] : show results from number [from]
[nb] : show [nb] results, 0 means all
[stats] : show some stats instead of results
name_filter "" 5 # list names updated in last 5 blocks
name_filter "^id/" # list all names from the "id" namespace
name_filter "^id/" 36000 0 0 stat # display stats (number of names) on active names from the "id" namespace

like i.e.
name_filter d/NameToSearch$

◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
PatrickMacH (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 03:57:13 PM

Hey - we've an other supporter Smiley

Flo's Press has written an article about 611 (SixEleven) with a photo gallery on setup and configuration options for Newbies  Cool
https://flo.sh/611-sixeleven/

Thx. guy!

◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
kevin1234a
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Decentralizing Jesus on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 04:11:35 PM

for god sake someone should do pool for this coin or tell me how to solomine with antminers

p3yot33at3r

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 05:45:55 PM

for god sake someone should do pool for this coin or tell me how to solomine with antminers

You can merge mine it with p2pool  Wink
PatrickMacH (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 05:29:05 PM

Great news: 611 (SixEleven) has an english Wikipedia article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SixEleven  Cool

You are welcome add an entry in your foreign language to support SixEleven. Cheesy

◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
notsofast
Legendary

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2015, 10:30:00 PM

Has anyone hosted a 611.to site with DNS yet? I want to check it out in a browser.

twitter.com/notsofast
PatrickMacH (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 12:15:59 AM

Has anyone hosted a 611.to site with DNS yet? I want to check it out in a browser.

The more famous ones are websites like:

On the other side there are more privacy related websites like:
... which can also be used to browse anonymously using a torbrowser bundle without having to remember cryptic xyzabc...onion website names Wink

Accessing 611 (SixEleven) hosted websites should work very fast, as the DNS servers are spread all over the world. Smiley
Using 611 (SixEleven) as name(s) for the website should optimize both: access performance and availability.  Grin

Next feature I can imaginge is a kind of public SSL infrastructure allowing anyone to secure any 611 (SixEleven) website very userfriendly and simple by adding a ssl hash to the 611-Qt domain configuration...

◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
PatrickMacH (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 01:22:01 AM

Any exchange ready at launch?

Do you know of any exchange trading SIL or which is ready at launch?  Huh

On Crptsy we have 64 coin votes, now; if you use Cryptsy - please vote (or donate) for 611 (SixEleven): https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes

◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
MickyCOB

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 02:02:36 AM

Cool coin i like it and will keep an eye on the Ann page.. Hopefully there is a mining pool and an exchange soon  Smiley

notsofast
Legendary

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2015, 03:32:01 PM

Thanks Patrick, those links did work noticeably more quickly than regular webpages from behind one of the slower settings in my VPN.

I will see if any mining pool owners are interested in hosting a pool. That would generate a little more interest.

It might be good to have a block explorer set up for this coin, too. Especially since the first 20,000 blocks were CPU-mined privately-- it will show users that the network distribution is improving as pool miners join.

twitter.com/notsofast
PatrickMacH (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 11:24:51 PM

Thanks Patrick, those links did work noticeably more quickly than regular webpages from behind one of the slower settings in my VPN.

I will see if any mining pool owners are interested in hosting a pool. That would generate a little more interest.

It might be good to have a block explorer set up for this coin, too. Especially since the first 20,000 blocks were CPU-mined privately-- it will show users that the network distribution is improving as pool miners join.

Yes, I've already found two open source projects allowing to setup a block explorer and a mining pool. I will tryout to setup each of them on a virtual host asap.

It would be great if we can get trade support for SIL/BTC or other pairs on any crypto exchange.
Existing mining pools are welcome to add (merged) mining support for 611 (SixEleven) Smiley

I don't fear the CPU-mined blocks during the development phase as anyone can check the GitHub commit history (and DNS records) for the development steps taken before the announcement on bitcointalk: https://github.com/fflo/sixeleven/commits/master.611

All main functions of 611 (SixEleven), especially the DNS related features are working fine since beta2. Cheesy

Searching the Web for 611 (SixEleven) it also seems that we have a good basic price level of about 60$ per SIL at the moment. So as long as no miner is going to sell SILs for a lower price level I think this coin can be good investment for (merged) miners Cool

◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
p3yot33at3r

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 12:00:20 PM

Yes, I've already found two open source projects allowing to setup a block explorer and a mining pool. I will tryout to setup each of them on a virtual host asap.

It would be great if we can get trade support for SIL/BTC or other pairs on any crypto exchange.
Existing mining pools are welcome to add (merged) mining support for 611 (SixEleven) Smiley

I don't fear the CPU-mined blocks during the development phase as anyone can check the GitHub commit history (and DNS records) for the development steps taken before the announcement on bitcointalk: https://github.com/fflo/sixeleven/commits/master.611

All main functions of 611 (SixEleven), especially the DNS related features are working fine since beta2. Cheesy

Searching the Web for 611 (SixEleven) it also seems that we have a good basic price level of about 60$ per SIL at the moment. So as long as no miner is going to sell SILs for a lower price level I think this coin can be good investment for (merged) miners Cool

$60 is not a bad price tbh, but I do expect that to rise as more miners adopt the coin - not that I'm into exchanges, I don't trust'em  Wink
PatrickMacH (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 11:30:47 PM

$60 is not a bad price tbh, but I do expect that to rise as more miners adopt the coin - not that I'm into exchanges, I don't trust'em  Wink

You need 0.1922 SIL to register a name object (name_new) which is currently about 12 bucks in the case above, or about 1 buck each month if you do not mine SIL yourself. I think that's ok knowing that early adopters have the chance by now to register many cool names Grin

Keeping in mind that the number of SILs circulating we stay below about 611 thousand coins only and considering that the name_new fee for the new name registration is destroyed I guess that using a private and anonymous 611 name (or id object) is a kind of priviledge for the user owning the wallet.

◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
Hoganye

Activity: 625
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 02:56:16 AM

I will sell my 10 611 for less than $60 each. 1BTC for all of it send me PM.

PatrickMacH (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 10:30:19 PM

It might be good to have a block explorer set up for this coin, too.

Together with fflo I'm trying to setup an abe blockchain explorer for 611 (SixEleven). Since yesterday we struggle with the strange bug, that bitcoin-abe (or any other related fork) loads the current blockchain into the MySQL database perfectly; but it does not update any new blocks after the initial import expect on manual "-rescan".  Huh

If you have an idea how to fix it, please let us know.  Roll Eyes

◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
Paycoinzzz

Activity: 994
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 10:18:24 PM

I need to pay overdue bills so I am offering a great deal. 100 SixEleven coins for 5 BTC OBO. PM me.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: