Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:06:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🌟🌟🌟 [SIL] 611 SIXELEVEN ◥◣ BLOCKCHAIN DOMAIN NAME SYSTEM 🌟🌟🌟  (Read 79748 times)
PatrickMacH (OP)

Activity: 442
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 11:59:11 PM

Thanks Patrick, those links did work noticeably more quickly than regular webpages from behind one of the slower settings in my VPN.

I will see if any mining pool owners are interested in hosting a pool. That would generate a little more interest.
OK, this point is still open on my TODO list  Embarrassed
but ...

It might be good to have a block explorer set up for this coin, too. Especially since the first 20,000 blocks were CPU-mined privately-- it will show users that the network distribution is improving as pool miners join.

... the first beta of the block explorer is working showing mining related information; I'm still working with fflo to get the name and id related object information into the block explorer which seems to be a though topic for non-python-coders: http://be.611.to

Let me know if you know any fork of abe-bitcoin which does support showing namecoin operations already Roll Eyes

◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
611 (SixEleven) [SIL coin] following the spirit of the age,
you have to follow the edge of technology
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
PatrickMacH (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 12:21:20 AM

I need to pay overdue bills so I am offering a great deal. 100 SixEleven coins for 5 BTC OBO. PM me.

Hey Paycoinzzz; I hope my overdue bill this year won't hit 5 BTC Cool

we should focus to get access to any exchange with a reasonable volume of sales. I'm sure at the moment registering an anonymous worldwide accessible 611 name or id object is niche product for some freaks in this forum. Roll Eyes

But I'm sure as long as the service is working better and more stable than any other DNS related registration service SIL won't loose in value keeping the technical facts in mind Cheesy

Thanks for offering SIL for a reasonable price level!

◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
PatrickMacH (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 03:24:45 AM

I've registered a few names (but without filling out hosting information, etc.) in order to test things out.
Me too - everything seems to work as planned so far  Wink  I like the way this coin is heading, good work dev.

Are there any DNS related functions, tools or features you are missing at the moment which should be implemented into the next beta of 611 (SixEleven)?

◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
Paycoinzzz

Activity: 994
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 01:26:05 AM

In effort to keep my electric on I will sell all 106 of my 611 coins for 2 BTC. PM me by tomorrow or I will be offline indefinitely.
wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 07:48:07 AM

Dev one question i have new wallet and old wallet.dat where are my coins, how can i get them in new wallet.
PatrickMacH (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 01:22:44 PM
Last edit: November 25, 2015, 01:44:13 PM by PatrickMacH

Dev one question i have new wallet and old wallet.dat where are my coins, how can i get them in new wallet.

You have two options: First step backup the new wallet.dat file and the old one.

Scheme A:
Copy-Address of one available SIL address out of the "Receive Coins" tab out of the new wallet.

After this step within the 611 data directory you may then delete all files
  • Linux/Unix: ~/.611
  • Windows: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\611
  • Mac OS X: ~/Library/Application\ Support/611

Copy the old wallet.dat file into the 611 data directory and restart 611-qt beta2.
After 611-qt has loaded all blocks of the blockchain you should have your old SIL balance available.

Just press "Send Coins", paste the SIL address of your new wallet and transfer your available balance (minus the transaction fee) to your new wallet.

After this step wait a few minutes and then delete all files within the 611 data directory again. Copy the new wallet.dat into the 611 data directory and restart 611-qt beta2. After 611-qt has reloaded all blocks of the blockchain you should have the transfered amount available in your new wallet.  Smiley

Scheme B: If you do not like to pay the transaction fee you can use the debug console to export the private key out of your old wallet.dat and reimport it into your new wallet. Reloading the blockchain should make your balance available in the new wallet, too.  Cool
Just follow these steps: http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/3530/how-to-import-a-private-key-to-an-encrypted-wallet-on-standard-client

◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
p3yot33at3r

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 01:29:28 PM

Are there any DNS related functions, tools or features you are missing at the moment which should be implemented into the next beta of 611 (SixEleven)?

It would be nice if the wiki linked to a 611 guide instead of the namecoin one, which is a little basic. Maybe a more detailed guide could be done explaining all the functions & "how to's" in laymans terms (with screen shots) for us newbies to make understanding the coins DNS features would attract more users?
PatrickMacH (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 01:45:56 PM

It would be nice if the wiki linked to a 611 guide instead of the namecoin one, which is a little basic. Maybe a more detailed guide could be done explaining all the functions & "how to's" in laymans terms (with screen shots) for us newbies to make understanding the coins DNS features would attract more users?
Have you already checked flo's press 4u article with many screenshots for newbies? https://flo.sh/611-sixeleven/

◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
p3yot33at3r

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 02:01:48 PM

Have you already checked flo's press 4u article with many screenshots for newbies? https://flo.sh/611-sixeleven/

I did indeed, it's very good but it's not on a 611 domain? It describes the basics well, but there are a lot more functions available that the guide doesn't go into. A write-up & description of each tab & it's various functions would be great.  Smiley
PatrickMacH (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 01:13:06 AM

I did indeed, it's very good but it's not on a 611 domain? It describes the basics well, but there are a lot more functions available that the guide doesn't go into. A write-up & description of each tab & it's various functions would be great.  Smiley
Ok, I'll try to care on this.

Meanwhile I've just slightly modified the initial announcement post to be more Newbie and non-technical user friendly.

Feel free to share your comments and hints Roll Eyes

◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 07:40:38 AM

You have two options: First step backup the new wallet.dat file and the old one.

Scheme A:
Copy-Address of one available SIL address out of the "Receive Coins" tab out of the new wallet.

After this step within the 611 data directory you may then delete all files
  • Linux/Unix: ~/.611
  • Windows: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\611
  • Mac OS X: ~/Library/Application\ Support/611

Copy the old wallet.dat file into the 611 data directory and restart 611-qt beta2.
After 611-qt has loaded all blocks of the blockchain you should have your old SIL balance available.

Just press "Send Coins", paste the SIL address of your new wallet and transfer your available balance (minus the transaction fee) to your new wallet.

After this step wait a few minutes and then delete all files within the 611 data directory again. Copy the new wallet.dat into the 611 data directory and restart 611-qt beta2. After 611-qt has reloaded all blocks of the blockchain you should have the transfered amount available in your new wallet.  Smiley

Scheme B: If you do not like to pay the transaction fee you can use the debug console to export the private key out of your old wallet.dat and reimport it into your new wallet. Reloading the blockchain should make your balance available in the new wallet, too.  Cool
Just follow these steps: http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/3530/how-to-import-a-private-key-to-an-encrypted-wallet-on-standard-client

Thanks a lot dev Smiley
notsofast
Legendary

Activity: 1517
Merit: 1042

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2015, 12:01:44 PM

Difficulty seems to be at an all-time high but there still aren't any mining pools for 611. We need a pool owner to check out this thread.

twitter.com/notsofast
PatrickMacH (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 08:23:28 PM
Last edit: November 27, 2015, 11:40:52 PM by PatrickMacH

Difficulty seems to be at an all-time high but there still aren't any mining pools for 611. We need a pool owner to check out this thread.

I'm planning to setup a pool this weekend if no one likes to care on this issue Smiley

◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
PatrickMacH (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 11:56:24 PM

It would be perfect if pool owners managing Bitcoin based pools can add 611 (SixEleven) to their merged mining setups. Cool

◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
notsofast
Legendary

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2015, 11:01:38 PM

It would be perfect if pool owners managing Bitcoin based pools can add 611 (SixEleven) to their merged mining setups. Cool

Multipool.us is at least aware of 611 now. It's been a very long while since they've revised their mix of mined coins... let's hope their interest is piqued.

twitter.com/notsofast
PatrickMacH (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 02:42:12 AM

Multipool.us is at least aware of 611 now. It's been a very long while since they've revised their mix of mined coins... let's hope their interest is piqued.
Thx. for this update: I'm unable to find any information how to mine 611 with multipool.us; do you have a link?

◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
notsofast
Legendary

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2015, 03:07:27 AM

Thx. for this update: I'm unable to find any information how to mine 611 with multipool.us; do you have a link?

Oh they haven't enabled it yet. The owner just favourited my tweet about 611's merge-mineability:

https://twitter.com/notsofastcrypto/status/670594165416329216

They have one of the longest-running profit-switching multipools but they only mine well-established coins. Still, it's worth asking them to includ 611.

www.multipool.us

twitter.com/notsofast
PatrickMacH (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 01:57:24 AM

Oh they haven't enabled it yet. The owner just favourited my tweet about 611's merge-mineability:
https://twitter.com/notsofastcrypto/status/670594165416329216

They have one of the longest-running profit-switching multipools but they only mine well-established coins. Still, it's worth asking them to includ 611.
www.multipool.us

Do you have any contact details? A request to the standard contact form results in no feedback, yet. Undecided

◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
notsofast
Legendary

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2015, 11:39:56 AM

No contact info for them besides Twitter. But you would do well to make a 611 Twitter account anyway. Exchanges add coins whose developers are active on Twitter.

twitter.com/notsofast
notsofast
Legendary

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2015, 11:35:03 AM

Hey, looking through the block explorer, I noticed something that doesn't sit right with me.

The initial instamined blocks were all worth 611 coins, a thousand times more valuable than the 0.611 block reward currently running. This was then reduced to 61.1 coins per block reward, and then presumably further by multiples of 0.1. This is not disclosed anywhere in the original post. In fact, none of the block structure is disclosed in the original post.

From downloading the wallet upon first seeing the original post, I know about 8000 blocks had been mined before public release. This wouldn't be so excessive if the block reward had been 0.611 coins the whole time-- basically this would have resulted in a premine of about 4888 SIL out of 611,000 total eventual supply, which is reasonable at 0.8%.

However, this is the actual mining reward structure:

Block 1-287: 611 coins per block NOT DISCLOSED IN OP
Block 288-2879: 61.1 coins per block NOT DISCLOSED IN OP
Block 2880: 0.611 coins per block, smoothly decaying

This means that 333,728.2 SIL, or a whopping 54.62% of the total eventual supply, was instamined by the 611 developer.

It appears this fact was deliberately hidden with the late release of a block explorer and the use of the low-information Abe block explorer.

Add to this the notion that the developer has been encouraging other miners to set a price for their mined SIL at approximately $60 USD means the developer is attempting to value his premine at upwards of $20,000,000 USD.

PatrickMacH, if you don't take steps to disclose your premine fully and burn most or all the coins you did not disclose that you mined at a higher block reward, this initiative is no longer worth miners' support.

I'm looking forward to your response.

twitter.com/notsofast
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: