Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:01:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🌟🌟🌟 [SIL] 611 SIXELEVEN ◥◣ BLOCKCHAIN DOMAIN NAME SYSTEM 🌟🌟🌟  (Read 79750 times)
caston

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 03:03:59 AM

Looks like the price is starting to go up gradually as people buy back in. What's has caused the previous sudden spikes is the coin being listed on a new exchange. Can we get listed on some of the larger exchanges for example Bittrex and Poloniex?

bitcoin BTC: 1MikVUu1DauWB33T5diyforbQjTWJ9D4RF
bitcoin cash: 1JdkCGuW4LSgqYiM6QS7zTzAttD9MNAsiK

-updated 3rd December 2017
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
IconFirm

Activity: 1438
Merit: 574

Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 11:23:22 AM

we need bittrex (costs 5BTC) or Poloniex (no idea) Sad

poloniex is very hard to reach

i don't know what their requirements before adding new coin

i think they must understand about this one and consider it

Exchanges tend to stay away from coins with large premines due to the obvious dumping by devs - & seeing as this coins premine is not only massive but is also undecleared in the OP - it will always have trouble not only getting listed, but also attracting any serious traders. I thought this coin had some potential as an alternative to NMC when I first came across it, until I read this:

Hey, looking through the block explorer, I noticed something that doesn't sit right with me.

The initial instamined blocks were all worth 611 coins, a thousand times more valuable than the 0.611 block reward currently running. This was then reduced to 61.1 coins per block reward, and then presumably further by multiples of 0.1. This is not disclosed anywhere in the original post. In fact, none of the block structure is disclosed in the original post.

From downloading the wallet upon first seeing the original post, I know about 8000 blocks had been mined before public release. This wouldn't be so excessive if the block reward had been 0.611 coins the whole time-- basically this would have resulted in a premine of about 4888 SIL out of 611,000 total eventual supply, which is reasonable at 0.8%.

However, this is the actual mining reward structure:

Block 1-287: 611 coins per block NOT DISCLOSED IN OP
Block 288-2879: 61.1 coins per block NOT DISCLOSED IN OP
Block 2880: 0.611 coins per block, smoothly decaying

This means that 333,728.2 SIL, or a whopping 54.62% of the total eventual supply, was instamined by the 611 developer.

It appears this fact was deliberately hidden with the late release of a block explorer and the use of the low-information Abe block explorer.

Add to this the notion that the developer has been encouraging other miners to set a price for their mined SIL at approximately $60 USD means the developer is attempting to value his premine at upwards of $20,000,000 USD.

PatrickMacH, if you don't take steps to disclose your premine fully and burn most or all the coins you did not disclose that you mined at a higher block reward, this initiative is no longer worth miners' support.

I'm looking forward to your response.

Exchanges read these coin threads & do some research on the coin to ensure it is worth their while listing it. Unfortunately, due to the premine & the attempts to hide it, this coin will always struggle to be adopted. Shame really, because the original idea is good.

Reputable exchanges won't list premined coins.

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
PatrickMacH (OP)

Activity: 442
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 02:06:48 PM

we need bittrex (costs 5BTC) or Poloniex (no idea) Sad

poloniex is very hard to reach

i don't know what their requirements before adding new coin

i think they must understand about this one and consider it

Exchanges tend to stay away from coins with large premines due to the obvious dumping by devs - & seeing as this coins premine is not only massive but is also undecleared in the OP - it will always have trouble not only getting listed, but also attracting any serious traders. I thought this coin had some potential as an alternative to NMC when I first came across it, until I read this:

Hey, looking through the block explorer, I noticed something that doesn't sit right with me.

The initial instamined blocks were all worth 611 coins, a thousand times more valuable than the 0.611 block reward currently running. This was then reduced to 61.1 coins per block reward, and then presumably further by multiples of 0.1. This is not disclosed anywhere in the original post. In fact, none of the block structure is disclosed in the original post.

From downloading the wallet upon first seeing the original post, I know about 8000 blocks had been mined before public release. This wouldn't be so excessive if the block reward had been 0.611 coins the whole time-- basically this would have resulted in a premine of about 4888 SIL out of 611,000 total eventual supply, which is reasonable at 0.8%.

However, this is the actual mining reward structure:

Block 1-287: 611 coins per block NOT DISCLOSED IN OP
Block 288-2879: 61.1 coins per block NOT DISCLOSED IN OP
Block 2880: 0.611 coins per block, smoothly decaying
[...]

Exchanges read these coin threads & do some research on the coin to ensure it is worth their while listing it. Unfortunately, due to the premine & the attempts to hide it, this coin will always struggle to be adopted. Shame really, because the original idea is good.

Reputable exchanges won't list premined coins.

Please stay with the facts:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1235629.msg19514064#msg19514064

Listing on Polo or Bittrex requires significant trade volume. That's why 611 (SixEleven) is not listed on these two exchanges, yet.

◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
611 (SixEleven) [SIL coin] following the spirit of the age,
you have to follow the edge of technology
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
PatrickMacH (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:25:06 AM
Last edit: October 23, 2017, 02:51:21 AM by PatrickMacH

________UPDATE: 611 (SixEleven) [qt] rc7

611 (SixEleven) release candidate 7 is available for download on GitHub, now:
  • bugfix: clean compilation on current Linux OS
  • security: code cleanup

Download
611 (SixEleven) is available in source and binary download on Github:
https://github.com/611project/sixeleven/releases
There you can download the latest 611-Qt client for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux:

Docker
Try out the latest 611(SixEleven) Docker container - ready to run on your operating system preferred. Check the release notes for usage examples, known bugs and privacy hints.

Security
611 (SixEleven) uses strong SSL encryption, to keep your data secure.

It's awesome using SIL [coins]
Setup your own domains to support for your projects, to make remote access simple, secure and easy. Use SIL [coins] to store and share information anonymously and securely with anyone on the Internet.
Of course you are welcome to trade and invest 611 (SixEleven) [SIL coin].

◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
PatrickMacH (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:35:54 AM
Last edit: October 23, 2017, 03:03:47 AM by PatrickMacH

________NEW: 611 Paper Wallet Generator

611 (SixEleven) universal Paper Wallet generator already supports the following 151 coins:
  • 2GIVE
  • 42coin
  • Acoin
  • Alphacoin
  • Animecoin
  • Anoncoin
  • Apexcoin
  • Auroracoin
  • Aquariuscoin
  • BBQcoin
  • Bitcoin
  • BitcoinCash
  • BitcoinDark
  • Birdcoin
  • BitSynq
  • Blackcoin
  • BlackJack
  • BunnyCoin
  • Cagecoin
  • CanadaeCoin
  • CannabisCoin
  • Capricoin
  • CassubianDetk
  • CashCoin
  • Catcoin
  • ChainCoin
  • Condensate
  • Corgicoin
  • CryptoBullion
  • CryptoClub
  • Cryptoescudo
  • Cryptonite
  • C2coin
  • Dash
  • DeafDollars
  • DeepOnion
  • Deutsche
  • eMark
  • Devcoin
  • DigiByte
  • Digitalcoin
  • Dogecoin
  • DogecoinDark
  • eGulden
  • eKrona
  • ELECTRA
  • Emerald
  • Emercoin
  • EnergyCoin
  • Espers
  • Fastcoin
  • Feathercoin
  • Fedoracoin
  • Fibre
  • Florincoin
  • Fluttercoin
  • FrazCoin
  • Freicoin
  • FUDcoin
  • Fuelcoin
  • Fujicoin
  • GabenCoin
  • GlobalBoost
  • Goodcoin
  • GridcoinResearch
  • Gulden
  • Guncoin
  • HamRadioCoin
  • HTML5Coin
  • HyperStake
  • ImperiumCoin
  • IncaKoin
  • IncognitoCoin
  • Influxcoin
  • Innox
  • IridiumCoin
  • iCash
  • iXcoin
  • Judgecoin
  • Jumbucks
  • Lanacoin
  • Latium
  • Litecoin
  • LiteDoge
  • LoMoCoin
  • MagicInternetMoney
  • Magicoin
  • Marscoin
  • MarteXcoin
  • MasterDoge
  • Mazacoin
  • Megacoin
  • MintCoin
  • MobiusCoin
  • MonetaryUnit
  • Monocle
  • MoonCoin
  • Myriadcoin
  • NameCoin
  • Neoscoin
  • Nevacoin
  • Novacoin
  • Nubits
  • Ocupy
  • Omnicoin
  • Onyxcoin
  • Paycoin
  • Pandacoin
  • ParkByte
  • Pesetacoin
  • PHCoin
  • PhoenixCoin
  • Pinkcoin
  • PIVX
  • Peercoin
  • Potcoin
  • Primecoin
  • ProsperCoinClassic
  • Quark
  • Qubitcoin
  • Reddcoin
  • Riecoin
  • Rimbit
  • Rubycoin
  • Sambacoin
  • SecKCoin
  • SibCoin
  • SixEleven
  • SmileyCoin
  • SongCoin
  • SpreadCoin
  • StealthCoin
  • SwagBucks
  • Syscoin
  • Tajcoin
  • Titcoin
  • TittieCoin
  • Topcoin
  • TransferCoin
  • TreasureHuntCoin
  • Unobtanium
  • USDe
  • Vcash
  • Versioncoin
  • Vertcoin
  • Viacoin
  • VikingCoin
  • W2Coin
  • WankCoin
  • WeAreSatoshiCoin
  • WorldCoin
  • Zetacoin

Alternative URLs

Download
611 (SixEleven) universal Paper Wallet is available in source and binary download on Github:
https://github.com/611project/sixeleven-wallet-generator

Security
611 (SixEleven) Paper Wallet generator uses strong SSL encryption, to keep your data secure.

It's awesome using SIL [coins]
Setup your own domains to support for your projects, to make remote access simple, secure and easy. Use SIL [coins] to store and share information anonymously and securely with anyone on the Internet.
Of course you are welcome to trade and invest 611 (SixEleven) [SIL coin].

◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
crypto_trader#43xzEXrP

Activity: 1589
Merit: 214

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:52:11 AM
Last edit: October 25, 2017, 05:13:41 AM by crypto_trader#43xzEXrP

Do you have DDNS?
Can I using dynamic IP of the server?
Can I specify any DynDNS server there or my site on this DynDNS services?
How to get green SSL status?
I see in configure name option Fingerprint SSL, but I don't know format of this.
I have a sha1 fingerprint with spaces but is there need any spaces?
I see https://paperwallet.611.to/ have green SSL status and it is good.
Can I load SSL sertificate there?

P.S. Dev's maybe you can add *.611.to to DDNS services, like https://www.twodns.de/
There is free DDNS for 5 domains, and their site can add domain after verify signed message with 611.to domain name.
You can write software like extension Metamask for Ethereum to do easy
operations for sign and verify messages by private keys from associated addresses.
In this case in 611 wallet will be one transaction of name update and renew domain
with IP of server from any DDNS service.

Best regards.

STOP RUSSIAN INVASION OF UKRAINE - SUPPORT UKRAINIAN DEMOS
Contact me in TOX: 653D6C2D13B6DF22C4CB93432586398858A608EE5457624A9A728BE1A9252C5DA12B894C54DB, or just crypto-trader@toxme.io.
Also, WAVES - SCAM! ;(
caston

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 02:55:34 AM

611 is marked for delisting on c-cex again. What should we do?

crypto_trader#43xzEXrP

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 04:27:06 AM

611 is marked for delisting on c-cex again. What should we do?

This coin is working and domains working too.
Maybe delisting is because low trading volume, like another sh~t coins, right?
Tell them about total available supply for this coin.

Contact me in TOX: 653D6C2D13B6DF22C4CB93432586398858A608EE5457624A9A728BE1A9252C5DA12B894C54DB, or just crypto-trader@toxme.io.
Also, WAVES - SCAM! ;(
caston

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 09:17:48 AM

Well the trading volume is counted in BTC not in USD so it could actually be a decent volume it's just that the BTC price has increased.

PatrickMacH (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 10:11:45 PM

Well the trading volume is counted in BTC not in USD so it could actually be a decent volume it's just that the BTC price has increased.

Yes, C-CEX has increased the minimum daily trade volume from 0.2 to 0.4 BTC.
Moreover one BTC is not worth about 5500 - 6000$ which means that the monthly fee has increased to about:
30.5 days * 0.4 BTC * 0.002 (0.2% fee) * 5500 - 6100$ = 134 - 149$

I'm not sure if the fee only applies for the buyer or both parties: seller and buyer. In that case the monthly fee would double ~ 300$ per month.

So the exchange fee costs to stay listed on C-CEX are inbetween 1600 to 3600$ per year.

◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
PatrickMacH (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 12:02:03 AM

Hey crypto_trader,

Do you have DDNS?
Free crypto coin based DynDNS IPv4 service is coming soon for 611 coin Smiley

Can I using dynamic IP of the server?
Yes, you can setup any valid IPv4 or IPv6 address(es) you like for your 611 [coin] domain keys.
Most simple way is to setup an IPv4 address using the 611-Qt wallet for your registered domain(s) which points to your current IPv4 (and maybe IPv6) address(es). Like i.e. d/my-home -> 80.90.100.110 which means that (www.)my-home.611.to points to that IPv4 address.

Can you please clearify what you like to setup?

How to get green SSL status?
Setting up standard SSL is quite simple and for free. Most of the registered websites online using 611 [coin] infrastructure are already SSL-encrypted using a free Let's Encrypt certificates with auto renew enabled or other cheap SSL solutions.

Cheap full green bar SSL certificates are possible, too i.e. using www.ssls.com.
Hint: To be able to get a full green bar certificate you need to verify and proof your idendentiy and the ownership of the registered domain name object. First step requires providing legal documents (id, company registration, proof from trustful third person, etc.); second step is possible setting up the required CNAME entry using the "Translate Name (optional):" (611-Qt) or ...{"alias":"thisismysslverificationcode.my-ssl-provider.com."} option.

But I guess you are talking about standard (anonymous) domain validated SSL certificates.

I see in configure name option Fingerprint SSL, but I don't know format of this.
I have a sha1 fingerprint with spaces but is there need any spaces?
No that's a mostly unused feature of 611 [coin]. In theory you could use this information to setup and verify self signed certificates. In practise I recommend you to use a free Let's Encrypt certificate which is automatically supported using a standard Webbrowser. Otherwise you get a SSL warning, because official Webbrowsers do not support to verify the SSL certificate path validity against any blockchain based crypto currency, yet.

I see https://paperwallet.611.to/ have green SSL status and it is good.
This website is using a multi domain Let's Encrypt certificate. For maximum security the service is running isolated in a multi host docker environment with DDoS protection, auto SSL renewal, encryption and dynamic ressource allocation.

Can I load SSL sertificate there?
Sorry?
You have to setup SSL certificate(s) for your domain objects.

For example: If you register the 611 [coin] domain object d/this-is-my-great-domain I recommend you to setup a free SSL certificate for www.this-is-my-great-domain.611.to and this-is-my-great-domain.611.to.
But of course that's on your decision: You can setup SSL certificates for any subdomain entry you like: i.e. smart-home.this-is-my-great-domain.611.to

Using the free service of Let's Encrypt you can moreover register multiple great domain names and create a multi domain SSL certificate for all of these at one step for free!

P.S. Dev's maybe you can add *.611.to to DDNS services, like https://www.twodns.de/
There is free DDNS for 5 domains, and their site can add domain after verify signed message with 611.to domain name.
You can write software like extension Metamask for Ethereum to do easy
operations for sign and verify messages by private keys from associated addresses.
In this case in 611 wallet will be one transaction of name update and renew domain
with IP of server from any DDNS service.
Actually domain objects of 611 [coin] are published on user request into the Internet domain name system and the entries are stored safely and signed into the 611 [coin] blockchain. What do you like to add using Ethereum transaction features?

Best regards.
Thanks for your awesome feedback Smiley

◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
PatrickMacH (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:16:35 AM

Hey,

we got official support on WalletGenerator.net Smiley

Based on our wallet generator 611 (SixEleven) [coin] support has been commited to the official source code tree, too:
https://github.com/MichaelMure/WalletGenerator.net/commit/8f165e35ef61c6f60dbfab100911f518c08dbf59

Thx. guys for the great work!!

◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
crypto_trader#43xzEXrP

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:23:06 AM
Last edit: October 26, 2017, 01:34:14 AM by crypto_trader#43xzEXrP

Hey crypto_trader,
Do you have DDNS?
When? Will you add it to the first post?
I see it so:
1. User do registration on the DDNS service, like https://www.twodns.de/
2. User select there 611.to domain
3. User filling there his domain name and get the message which is generated from this service.
4. User do signing this message by private key from address associated with this domain name -
to confirm that he is owner of this domain. https://brainwalletx.github.io/#sign
5. Service do verifying this signed message and after success user can specify and update
his external IP of the site server on this domain name, and updating through web-page, like https://www.twodns.de/ ,
or he can do regular updating his dynamic IP of his server using any programs like nsupdate,
or do it online through DHT or PEX (Peer exchange), like bitTorrent.
6. In 611-qt wallet in this case user see only one transaction for name updating,
where in JSON format was been specify only static IP of the server from DDNS service.
So no need regular updating name and do many transaction of 611 coin.

Yes, you can setup any valid IPv4 or IPv6 address(es) you like for your 611 [coin] domain keys.
Yeah, I already did it. It only need 3 confirmation. Just specify IP address.

Can you please clearify what you like to setup?
I mean that I wrote in 6.

SSL,
multi domain Let's Encrypt certificate,
this-is-my-great-domain.611.to,
smart-home.this-is-my-great-domain.611.to
OK.

What do you like to add using Ethereum transaction features?
A did talking about extension Metamask.
There is automatically singning and verifying messages, and about this I wrote in 4.
You can test Metamsk on decentralized stock exchange https://idex.market/

Also, as I see you have 611.to is in domain zone .to and it is Tongo centralized DNS.
Do you have any alternative DNS servers and root domains,
like .bit for namecoin???
It is resolving in ZeroNet and OpenNIC public DNS servers, as example:

Look at this!
Google Public DNS:
>nslookup nf.bit
Server: google-public-dns-a.google.com
Address: 8.8.8.8
google-public-dns-a.google.com can't find nf.bit: Non-existent domain
Not resolving... Sad

OpenNIC public DNS: https://www.opennic.org/
>nslookup nf.bit 52.174.55.168
Can't find server name for address 52.174.55.168: Non-existent domain
Server: UnKnown
Address: 52.174.55.168

Name: nf.bit
Address: 94.23.252.190

RESOLVING! Smiley

It is https://forum.namecoin.org/
and I did open this page: http://nf.bit/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2656&sid=526bdb072632632a00598bfbefa0ca65

Also, WAVES - SCAM! ;(
caston

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 01:48:16 AM

Moreover one BTC is not worth about 5500 - 6000$ which means that the monthly fee has increased to about:

I'm not sure if the fee only applies for the buyer or both parties: seller and buyer. In that case the monthly fee would double ~ 300$ per month.

So the exchange fee costs to stay listed on C-CEX are inbetween 1600 to 3600$ per year.

Well the 24 hour volume is about 4 btc now. The crappy thing is that they don't account that coins will have quiet periods. Not every single coin has a rocketing trade volume every single day.

PatrickMacH (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:10:54 AM

Well the 24 hour volume is about 4 btc now. The crappy thing is that they don't account that coins will have quiet periods. Not every single coin has a rocketing trade volume every single day.

Cryptopia is also trading about 1.6 btc now. Seems to be an advertisement, the first place listing of SixEleven [SIL] on the c-cex delisting tab Cheesy

◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
PatrickMacH (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:01:04 AM

Hey crypto_trader,
Do you have DDNS?
When? Will you add it to the first post?
I see it so:
1. User do registration on the DDNS service, like https://www.twodns.de/
2. User select there 611.to domain
3. User filling there his domain name and get the message which is generated from this service.
4. User do signing this message by private key from address associated with this domain name -
to confirm that he is owner of this domain. https://brainwalletx.github.io/#sign
5. Service do verifying this signed message and after success user can specify and update
his external IP of the site server on this domain name, and updating through web-page, like https://www.twodns.de/ ,
or he can do regular updating his dynamic IP of his server using any programs like nsupdate,
or do it online through DHT or PEX (Peer exchange), like bitTorrent.
6. In 611-qt wallet in this case user see only one transaction for name updating,
where in JSON format was been specify only static IP of the server from DDNS service.
So no need regular updating name and do many transaction of 611 coin.
Thanks for your hint! I did not knew about the great service of TwoDns, yet.

Correct me if I am wrong but as far as I understand setting up a personal DNS and DDNS for a 611 [coin] domain is as simple as that using TwoDns:
1. register a 611 domain object, like d/ExampleDomain
2. register at www.twodns.de and enable the (dns) name service for your registerred 611 domain object, like in our example: ExampleDomain.611.to
3. update your 611 domain object to use their DNS (Nameservers "tab", one per line), like in our example: {"ns":["ns1.register-it.net","ns2.register-it.net"]}
4. configure your DDNS (and all other dns related settings) of your 611 domain object on their website
5. update your DDNS entry with your router automatically using their DDNS update API.

Native 611 [coin] DDNS implementation is planned to work simpler than that without the need to register and/or use external service(s):
- 611 users only need to add a secure and saltet password hash (key) to their 611 domain object.
- By using the 611 domain name (i.e. athome.611.to) and password for authentication it should be possible to update the DDNS entry with a secure 611 service URL, like with any other DDNS service.

Yeah, I already did it. It only need 3 confirmation. Just specify IP address.
Great. 3 confirmations take about 15 minutes.

[...]
What do you like to add using Ethereum transaction features?
A did talking about extension Metamask.
There is automatically singning and verifying messages, and about this I wrote in 4.
You can test Metamsk on decentralized stock exchange https://idex.market/
Thanks for your hint!
I will deal with the matter and let you know about the results soon Smiley

Also, as I see you have 611.to is in domain zone .to and it is Tongo centralized DNS.
For the sake of users privacy 611 (SixEleven) [coin] is publishing the blockchain domain name entries using the Tongo subdomain 611.to.

Wikipedia (dot)to quote:
.to is one of the few ccTLDs that (officially) do not maintain a (public) WHOIS database providing registrant information. It is possible to contact domain registrants via tonic.to by typing the domain in the domain search field under "New Domain Name".[2]

Do you have any alternative DNS servers and root domains,
like .bit for namecoin???
It is resolving in ZeroNet and OpenNIC public DNS servers, as example:

Look at this!
Google Public DNS:
>nslookup nf.bit
Server: google-public-dns-a.google.com
Address: 8.8.8.8
google-public-dns-a.google.com can't find nf.bit: Non-existent domain
Not resolving... Sad

OpenNIC public DNS: https://www.opennic.org/
>nslookup nf.bit 52.174.55.168
Can't find server name for address 52.174.55.168: Non-existent domain
Server: UnKnown
Address: 52.174.55.168

Name: nf.bit
Address: 94.23.252.190

RESOLVING! Smiley

It is https://forum.namecoin.org/
and I did open this page: http://nf.bit/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2656&sid=526bdb072632632a00598bfbefa0ca65

Actually that's the usage problem of Namecoin and most other crypto currencies: You can use it only modifying or changing certain settings which are non-standard and/or using non-standard software.

Publishing data using the 611 (SixEleven) [coin] domain name system makes this information available for every Internet connected device, because 611.to is an official, anonymous second level domain.

◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
crypto_trader#43xzEXrP

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 05:16:28 AM
Last edit: October 27, 2017, 04:58:21 AM by crypto_trader#43xzEXrP

Hey, we got official support on WalletGenerator.net Smiley
Based on our wallet generator 611 (SixEleven) [coin] support has been commited to the official source code tree, too:
https://github.com/MichaelMure/WalletGenerator.net/commit/8f165e35ef61c6f60dbfab100911f518c08dbf59
You all can also do analog of brainwalletx.github.io for SixEleven, like I did for SIGT and VTC in my previous posts.
There can working Armory, electrum, signing and verify messages (even armory hex) and converters.
I see this coin like bitcoin, using uncompressed private keys and addresses, and no any problems with import it in qt wallet.

Correct me if I am wrong but as far as I understand setting up a personal DNS and DDNS for a 611 [coin] domain is as simple as that using TwoDns:
2. register at www.twodns.de and enable the (dns) name service for your registerred 611 domain object, like in our example: ExampleDomain.611.to
3. update your 611 domain object to use their DNS (Nameservers "tab", one per line), like in our example: {"ns":["ns1.register-it.net","ns2.register-it.net"]}
4. configure your DDNS (and all other dns related settings) of your 611 domain object on their website
5. update your DDNS entry with your router automatically using their DDNS update API.
Yeap, but before adding domain name, DDNS service software must be sure that this user is indeed the owner of the domain.
So then need signing and verify messages by private key from SixEleven address, which is associated with this name in blockchain SIL.
IMHO, that's all need for prevent of using your domain name paperwallet.611.to as example,
for the another user who can connect or resolving your DNS name through their NS servers.  Grin
So analog of Ethereum Metamask here can be useful for easy signing any messages and verify their signatures.

Also, would have been better if the domain was added and any message can been signed then and only then,
when {"ns": ["ns1.register-it.net", "ns2.register-it.net"]} is already installed for this domain!
DDNS-service can check this in the blockchain.
It need if DDNS service have PUBLIC DNS,
and if in this cas any domain will be added there without any verifications,
resolving from this service can have more priority then updating records in your blockchain.

I don't know about their ns-servers, if it is public DNS it must be on their site.
You can contact their support.

Also, maybe, you can see NS-SERVERS in whois data for any domain.
For example, I have 2 domain names:
global.611.to (d/global of 611 coin)
and dyndns.dd-dns.de (twodns.de name dyndns in zone dd-dns.de)
with IP from 2ch.hk site there.

So I can see NS-servers for this domain zones in whois:
global.611.to http://whois.domaintools.com/global.611.to
Whois Record for 611.to
611 c.ns.buddyns.com
611 i.ns.buddyns.com

dyndns.dd-dns.de http://whois.domaintools.com/dyndns.dd-dns.de
Domain: dd-dns.de
Nserver: h2-045.net.crns.de
Nserver: ns2.crns.de

Native 611 [coin] DDNS implementation is planned to work simpler than that without the need to register and/or use external service(s):
- 611 users only need to add a secure and saltet password hash (key) to their 611 domain object.
- By using the 611 domain name (i.e. athome.611.to) and password for authentication it should be possible to update the DDNS entry with a secure 611 service URL, like with any other DDNS service.
IMHO, in this case you need to use with SIL-wallet a built-in DNS server or daemon
and specify in "Manage Names" his local IP-address:port (54 for example if 53 port is busy).
Because there can be dinamic IP, but in blockchain name updating operations need wait a confirmations.
This server can update IP for domain name after verifying signed message.
Also, IP and ports of this DNS server can be updated through DHT, or Peer Exchange,
in really decentralized netrowk, like Tox.
There is public key is unique identificator and it finded through DHT even in the local network.

Great. 3 confirmations take about 15 minutes.
It's good, but if the site will be have many peoples, 15 minutes waiting is not good.
For example, BITMEX stock exchange website. What will be there if traders will wait 15 minutes?.. Grin

Thanks for your hint!
I will deal with the matter and let you know about the results soon Smiley
Good. Easy signing and verify messages and API to working with is on the sites
will be great function for working with this coin. IMHO.

For the sake of users privacy 611 (SixEleven) [coin] is publishing the blockchain domain name entries using the Tongo subdomain 611.to.
Wikipedia (dot)to quote:
.to is one of the few ccTLDs that (officially) do not maintain a (public) WHOIS database providing registrant information.
It is possible to contact domain registrants via tonic.to by typing the domain in the domain search field under "New Domain Name".[2]
Publishing data using the 611 (SixEleven) [coin] domain name system makes this information available
for every Internet connected device, because 611.to is an official, anonymous second level domain.
It's one of the way for connecting to the names, and it looks like a vulnerability,
if admins of the main NS servers for example will decided to delete your zone
or some domains, seized it or do resolving to any sinkhole-servers.
In this case your system not decentralized, like namecoin, but maybe you can add it to ZeroNet.

Actually that's the usage problem of Namecoin and most other crypto currencies:
You can use it only modifying or changing certain settings which are non-standard and/or using non-standard software.
I don't see any problem here,
because even now I can add
OpenNIC PUBLIC DNS server 52.174.55.168
to my router settings,
and easy open this link
http://nf.bit/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2656&sid=526bdb072632632a00598bfbefa0ca65
So if domain coins will be using PUBLIC DNS,
like OpenNIC public DNS, Comodo Public DNS, Google Public DNS, OpenDNS Public DNS or your Tongo NS-servers,
it will be really decentralized.
ALSO DNS notes can be updated through DHT or PEER EXCHANGE in REAL decentralized DNS network!
If distributed database of Domain Name System will be diversified by nodes
with the ability to manage domain names using private and public keys.  Roll Eyes

Also, WAVES - SCAM! ;(
PatrickMacH (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 02:38:42 AM

Who of you is trading on (new) NovaExchange?

◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
PatrickMacH (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 02:41:33 AM

Hey, we got official support on WalletGenerator.net Smiley
You all can also do analog of brainwalletx.github.io for SixEleven, like I did for SIGT and VTC in my previous posts.
There can working Armory, electrum, signing and verify messages (even armory hex) and converters.
I see this coin like bitcoin, using uncompressed private keys and addresses, and no any problems with import it in qt wallet.

Good idea. Do you have an example?
paperwallet.611.to already supports a brain wallet. Look at the forth tab after generating the random keys.

◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
PatrickMacH (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 02:46:57 AM

Yeap, but before adding domain name, DDNS service software must be sure that this user is indeed the owner of the domain.
So then need signing and verify messages by private key from SixEleven address, which is associated with this name in blockchain SIL.
IMHO, that's all need for prevent of using your domain name paperwallet.611.to as example,
for the another user who can connect or resolving your DNS name through their NS servers.  Grin
So analog of Ethereum Metamask here can be useful for easy signing any messages and verify their signatures.

Well actually it's not that complicated because even if unauthorized nameserver are trying to add foo 611 zone files it doesn't hurt anyone.
You can only inject valid dns entries under 611.to if your are the owner of the corresponding d/YourNameExample key.

So even if you try to spoof paperwallet.611.to or any other already registered valid 611 domain name. It would not work out.

That's why domain verification usually focuses on checking the domain ownership using TXT, CNAME or NS entries only.

◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: