Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:08:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] VOXELS (VOX) | The Official Coin of Virtual Reality and Voxelus Platform  (Read 418510 times)
jimblasko (OP)

Activity: 510
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 10:31:40 PM

Voxels has been corrected at https://coinmarketcap.com/. Looks like they went with the number of 31.5 million for total marketcap, which is the 15% that was released for sale.

Voxels is currently #16 on the list.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jimblasko (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 10:55:19 PM

their 210 million VOX seemed to be considerably sold after all!!
https://www.blockexperts.com/vox#

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-exchange-shapeshift-hacks-sees-230000-lost/
They did presales by a shape shift.
They did not show an address of BTC after all.
Was their fund safe?

Shapeshift.io only handled the crowdsale, distro of the crowdsale coins happened months ago, no users were holding Voxels at Shapeshift.io at the time of the theft.
jimblasko (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 11:43:25 AM

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-exchange-shapeshift-hacks-sees-230000-lost/
Was their fund safe?

Shapeshift.io only handled the crowdsale, distro of the crowdsale coins happened months ago, no users were holding Voxels at Shapeshift.io at the time of the theft.

Have you received 1000BTC of the sales from Shapeshift already?

Why do you pretend ignorance in showing BTC address?

I do not think that Shapeshift holds VOX.
However, Shapeshift might hold your BTC.

Voxelus received their BTC from the crowdsale when it was over months ago. The recent theft at Shapeshift had no affect on Voxelus or Voxels whatsoever. Thanks for your concern.
jimblasko (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 12:30:02 PM

This is why I don't like Btc talk and recommend a slack or tellegram. Just pointless negative turd tossing. There is so few vox for sell, when the price starts rising it will go up very fast.  400btc on sell side. This is very little actually. By the way. Halsey's talk was interesting. He is obvously making some big moves and considering the big (vr)picture. My hope is that he improves his PR efforts. I'd say 30% of Btc holders are pissed about the whole "internet of money" patent pending bs. That will continue to be a fly in the soup and recommend dropping that patent asap. Not all fights are worth winning and this is one of them... Outside of better PR choices and alternate/ youth relivent community forum (slack/tellegram) things seem right on track to me.

Some of that is people selling 1 Vox for 1 BTC on the sell side. Meaning if someone wants to sell 10 VOX at 1 BTC each, now it shows another 10 BTC worth of Voxels for sale. The total number is misleading because of this simple reason.
jimblasko (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 12:40:53 PM

Was their fund safe?

Have you received 1000BTC of the sales from Shapeshift already?

Why do you pretend ignorance in showing BTC address?

I do not think that Shapeshift holds VOX.
However, Shapeshift might hold your BTC.

Voxelus received their BTC from the crowdsale when it was over months ago. The recent theft at Shapeshift had no affect on Voxelus or Voxels whatsoever. Thanks for your concern.

There is no transparency about your operation of funds.

You seem not to understand it at all....

I guess you aren't asking the right questions because I answered all the ones you asked here.
All your posts can be found here. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=819736;sa=showPosts

Besides your the initial comments,, you asked a few questions, and I responded.

1) You asked if Voxels were safe after the Shapeshift.io thefts?  I said yes Voxels were safe.
2) Then you asked if Voxelus BTC funds were safe after Shapeshift.io thefts? I said yes.
3) Then you asked if Voxelus got their funds from Shapeshift?  I said yes they did, months ago after the crowdsale.

The BTC address for those who bought in the crowdsale was posted on Shapeshift for months. It's gone because the crowdsale has been over for months.

I would suggest joining http://forum.voxelus.com/ for anymore of your questions.
DishwashingUnit

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 01:07:17 PM

no answer for me jimblasko???
jimblasko (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 01:18:38 PM

no answer for me jimblasko???

I am unfamiliar with walletgenerator.net and I have no idea how they operate. If you are uncomfortable downloading the public released QT until the coin is popular, I would point to CoinMarketCap where VOX is sitting at #16.

All the Voxels commands are listed in the console of the wallets. Voxels starts with a letter V because the name of the coin is Voxels, and I set the PUBKEY_ADDRESS = 70 .
DishwashingUnit

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 01:24:09 PM

hey there jimblasko,

interested in hodling a bit, but scared to run the software until it's either open source or super popular.

to that end, i'd like to make a paper wallet.

does Voxels share the way it generates addresses and private keys with any of the coins on walletgenerator.net? (example: I used to be able to send Devcoin to a BTC address and access them with the same private key)

I'm looking at VikingCoin, ViaCoin, and Vertcoin, all these coins addresses seem to start with V.

Anybody else know the answer to what I'm trying to ask???
jimblasko (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 01:37:40 PM

BIG NEWS! The Voxelus MarketPlace is now live!

https://www.voxelus.com/marketplace

New assets will be added almost everyday from now on!

I personally just tested the systems to add Voxels, and sent some VOX from my wallet, (the marketplace required a TXID) and that worked. Took a few confirmations.

Then I was able to buy Voxels with Paypal. It was very fast and the VOX was instantly in my account and I bought some content.   

bitwarrior
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 01:44:30 PM

I personally just tested the systems to add Voxels, and sent some VOX from my wallet, (the marketplace required a TXID) and that worked. Took a few confirmations.

Then I was able to buy Voxels with Paypal. It was very fast and the VOX was instantly in my account and I bought some content.   

This is great news! Just wondering though, these items you have bought from the marketplace, can they be resold? For example you do not want the item anymore and you are thinking of selling it to other potential buyers online.
jimblasko (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 01:48:01 PM

This is great news! Just wondering though, these items you have bought from the marketplace, can they be resold? For example you do not want the item anymore and you are thinking of selling it to other potential buyers online.

It is my understanding to sell content you must create it and upload it to the marketplace. I don't think you can resell what you've purchased.   
TenaciousC

Activity: 608

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 01:49:01 PM

Beside the crappy launch... and lots of FUD... DEV seems to stay focused and deliver, congratz Jim, great job!
I still believe this coin is gonna take crypto markets by surprise and fly really high, VR is the hype of 2016 and with a hype sensitive market like altcoin markets this should take off really soon.
bitwarrior
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 01:52:14 PM

It is my understanding to sell content you must create it and upload it to the marketplace. I don't think you can resell what you've purchased.   

Thanks for that clarification, good to hear about that you can sell your creations which is a potential goldmine for our creative people, which is a huge force for the upcoming VR Era which is almost upon us.
www.www

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 01:55:06 PM

hey there jimblasko,

interested in hodling a bit, but scared to run the software until it's either open source or super popular.

does Voxels share the way it generates addresses and private keys with any of the coins on walletgenerator.net? (example: I used to be able to send Devcoin to a BTC address and access them with the same private key)

I'm looking at VikingCoin, ViaCoin, and Vertcoin, all these coins addresses seem to start with V.

The legal question about a paper wallet.
I'm afraid that the answer is not followed.
In one of the posts mentioned that Jim is not a coder.
He reminds the trader dumper Grin
jimblasko (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 01:59:04 PM

Beside the crappy launch... and lots of FUD... DEV seems to stay focused and deliver, congratz Jim, great job!
I still believe this coin is gonna take crypto markets by surprise and fly really high, VR is the hype of 2016 and with a hype sensitive market like altcoin markets this should take off really soon.

Thank you  Wink

More awesome news is coming!
jimblasko (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 02:08:49 PM

Thanks for that clarification, good to hear about that you can sell your creations which is a potential goldmine for our creative people, which is a huge force for the upcoming VR Era which is almost upon us.

Yeah I agree that creative people will have a new opportunity to build and profit with the Voxelus editor and MarketPlace now fully in place.  The guys at Voxelus are pushing to bring new tools to the editor as well.  I think Voxelus is going to grow right along with VR the whole way from here out. The events this week went great as well and there were lots of Voxelus demos with the press. VR was the biggest hit of the NAB Show this year.
jimblasko (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 02:10:50 PM

Good news indeed!

There is some big Voxels announcement set for Wednesday.

What about this announcement ? It will also be made soon? Exciting stuff. Wink  

Yes there actually is more news, I just haven't gotten the ok yet. Hoping to be able to release details today. If not today,  I would assume by tomorrow.
jimblasko (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 02:28:43 PM

hey there jimblasko,

Voxels generates private keys the same way as feathercoin would, but I don't recommended using that site by any means to do it for Voxels. Additionally you will need a QT wallet with coins on it if you want to load a paper wallet.

There are various paper wallet generators out there  But they are not always trustworthy. Generators can secretly steal your address and private key (stealing your coins).

You can create a paper wallet all by yourself,  All you need to do is to install the Voxels client and execute the commands below.

In order to not disturb / corrupt your main Voxels installation, you have to install this paper wallet generator in a VM (Virtual Machine).

Here is a step-by-step guide to creating a Voxels Paper Wallet:

1. Download and install Voxels in a VM. (don’t overwrite your existing Voxels installation!)

2. Run it and go to the menu Help/Debug Window/Console tabs.

3. Create a new address by typing getnewaddress.
 The result is something like 6p4FJkuV1kkdbNnumVr1JWdQXzeZoAsJjV (note: this is your newly created address)

4. Get the private key for this new address by typing dumpprivkey (and then use the address from step (3) ). For example “dumpprivkey 6p4FJkuV1kkdbNnumVr1JWdQXzeZoAsJjV”.
 The result is something like 5KiWCgvxL2s58JAoxUBBUuLzgESRKaRhHhJVvUyi6ZuDUbkBmDe (note: this is the private key for your newly created address)

5. Copy & paste address and private key to your paper wallet document, like a text document, word document, whatever you choose.

6. Return to step 3 and repeat as many times as you need new addresses.

7. After you are finished, uninstall the Voxels client from your VM.

Note: Make sure the wallet.dat is gone from the AppData/Roaming/Voxels directory (because the wallet.dat has all your newly created addresses / private keys - and you only what that information in your paper wallet file).

To transfer Voxels to a paper wallet address is as simple as transferring it to any other address.

If you want to access the funds from your paper wallet at some time in the future, simply use the importprivkey command.
 Example: “importprivkey 5KiWCgvxL2s58JAoxUBBUuLzgESRKaRhHhJVvUyi6ZuDUbkBmDe”. Once your client us synced again with the network the funds are available instantly.

www.www

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 02:44:01 PM

Why Voxelus calculates the price at the Bittrex rate.
It was stated that there is no pre-sales below cost.
Is this fact fraud early birds Cool
jimblasko (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 02:44:20 PM

----snip----

So the people buying content on voxelus are buying vox first correct?
Are these voxels being bought from bittrex at market price?

I am assuming at some point , it will stabilize to 1 vox =  1/650 = 0.0015 BTC

You can buy Voxels from Bittrex, and then send them to your Voxelus Marketplace account.

Or you can buy them on the Voxelus Marketplace with Paypal if you have no idea what Bittrex is yet.

The price is following Bittrex either way.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: