Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 01:43:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining difficulty increase is the real problem  (Read 1948 times)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:45:18 AM

the idea is that mining will become profitable if the bitcoin price goes up. Unfortunately I dont think the price matches the difficulty but I think that will change very soon. Smiley

are you saying that when the halving occurs BTC will rise?

he is actually very wrong, the price is already above the diff, in the sense that miners have the ass covered for the next halving already at the current value on the market

let alone what would be the price prior the halving, much higher than what we have today, there is no way we are going to sub 300 again when it was rock solid for 10 months
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 09:10:29 AM

the idea is that mining will become profitable if the bitcoin price goes up. Unfortunately I dont think the price matches the difficulty but I think that will change very soon. Smiley

he is actually very wrong, the price is already above the diff, in the sense that miners have the ass covered for the next halving already at the current value on the market

let alone what would be the price prior the halving, much higher than what we have today, there is no way we are going to sub 300 again when it was rock solid for 10 months

Yes, at one moment I was worried about mining, especially when we were flirting with breaking $200 for a while.

At these current prices we have nothing to worry about and the price will surely increase even more before the halving and as this trend continues.

I guess that mining will be again very, very profitable!
Patusinmod

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 09:43:24 AM

If the difficult keeps 8% on rising every 13 days and the bitcoin price does not rise, it will be not profitable for most miners in the next reward halving.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: