Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:10:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Double spending, need some thoughts  (Read 462 times)
DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 02:06:03 AM

I have several pending transactions which I want to get rid of because they are holding up other txns. Using Bitcoin-qt client....

I have heard that these can take days to disappear.

If I export my private key associated with these hung txns, can I import it into blockchain.info and initiate a large txn fee spend that will invalidate the other transactions?

Please advise

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 02:47:42 AM

I have several pending transactions which I want to get rid of because they are holding up other txns. Using Bitcoin-qt client....

If I export my private key associated with these hung txns, can I import it into blockchain.info and initiate a large txn fee spend that will invalidate the other transactions?

Please advise

Search the blockchain.info website for the transactions.  If blockchain.info is already aware of the transaction, then they will not allow you to send "a large txn fee spend that will invalidate the other transactions".  You'll need to wait until the original transaction no longer shows up on their website.

If you used Bitcoin Core to send the original transaction, then it will continue to resend the transaction every few days to make sure that the network doesn't forget about it.  You'll either need to shut down Bitcoin Core until the network has forgotten about the transaction, or you'll need to remove the transaction from Bitcoin Core with the zapwallettxes command line option.
DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 03:11:59 AM

Please advise

Search the blockchain.info website for the transactions.  If blockchain.info is already aware of the transaction, then they will not allow you to send "a large txn fee spend that will invalidate the other transactions".  You'll need to wait until the original transaction no longer shows up on their website.

If you used Bitcoin Core to send the original transaction, then it will continue to resend the transaction every few days to make sure that the network doesn't forget about it.  You'll either need to shut down Bitcoin Core until the network has forgotten about the transaction, or you'll need to remove the transaction from Bitcoin Core with the zapwallettxes command line option.

zapwallettxes didn't get rid of my hanging txns

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 03:20:12 AM

So i have shutdown my wallet. i have the private key for the transaction I want to double spend on....

Can I import that key into bitcoin-qt or is there a better way to double spend on that address that bitcoin-qt?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: