Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:58:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What plans do you have for your BTC stash?  (Read 8237 times)
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 03:39:59 PM

my plan is hodling bitcoin until it becomes a global currency and reaches an stage when i can spend it everywhere just like fiat and then i will take it out of my cold storage and start spending and by then my stash would be worth a lot.

and until then i will only spend when i need to and try my best to add to my stash over time.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 04:57:22 PM

My plan is to use half of my BTC for now in trading and the other half I will hold for future use. My trading capital is still small that's why when I buy bitcoin I will use half as an addition to my trading capital and the other half I will hold.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 08:44:33 PM

I was toying with emptying a crappy paying savings account and buying a handful coins a few months ago with the intention of offloading them after a short term rise without touching my original amount.

Now it's here, and this rise would've done me fine but of course I failed to get around to it, I'm wondering what everyone else's strategies are.

Do people have set price levels that they'll divest some or all either up or down from here, hold all of them until the concept of selling them becomes ludicrous or somewhere in the middle?

You are not getting it and are still deeply infected by the fiat disease. Why would anyone in his/her right money exchange sound money (Bitcoin) into crappy money (fiat)? The point of owning Bitcoin is not speculating on the inevitable devaluation of fiat currency (leading to a corresponding price increase of Bitcoin), the point is ending the era of the fiat scam altogether. The correct anchor point for value comparisons is Bitcoin, not fiat, which is subject to interventionist policy and inflationary devaluation.

So my "strategy" for Bitcoin is pretty simple: Buy, hodl, and use it as money to buy goods and services. I'm glad that it's still possible to get something as valuable as Bitcoin for all the fiat junk - thanks to all the trader type speculators that are eager to sell it... Cheesy

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Maticul

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 10:23:58 AM

I plan on holding onto the because spending is really no option for me, I think that spending Bitcoin is a waist if you use them as an investment.
You should then only hold on to them and sell them when you can make a profit.

That is my plan as well. I bought some bitcoin when the price drop to $480 recently. I will hold for long term.
Doms

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 10:45:00 AM

Mine is more like loose change, rather than stash, compared to those who own a lot of bitcoins. I really don't have any immediate plans for what I have. I will just continue holding for as long as I can see that it is still worth holding them. This is more like another form of speculative investment which could potentially give huge returns if I would just be patient.
coin_gambler

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 10:50:26 AM

I plan on holding onto the because spending is really no option for me, I think that spending Bitcoin is a waist if you use them as an investment.
You should then only hold on to them and sell them when you can make a profit.

That is my plan as well. I bought some bitcoin when the price drop to $480 recently. I will hold for long term.
i also buy bitcoin on the low prices though unfortunately it sometimes dumps after that and i dont have any more courage to hold and then sell

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
MaritiJames3

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 03:39:17 PM

I plan on holding on to my stash because spending it is not a option at all that is just a waist if you spend your Bitcoin.
Bitcoin can become worth much money in the future so I suggest that you hold on to them until then.
martinacar

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 02:30:00 PM

For now, hold. I see this one as a new bubble starting. It could still stop before it gets crazy but if it does, I'll sell maybe 10% of my stack around the 1000-1200$ mark and than see how I feel the rest.

Next bubble could climb around 4-5k. Stabilize down to 1000$ after. I'm guessing this looking at how the first bubbles happened
At the moment I have no plans for my stash but to hold on to them because spending them now is not a option.
I am waiting for the price to rise again because I really want to sell some Bitcoin to make some money.
rio3233

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 02:52:45 PM

My plan is keep earning and collecting bitcoins everyday and when i have many bitcoins, i will try open a business about bitcoin using all my bitcoins that i collected.
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 03:57:18 PM

I was toying with emptying a crappy paying savings account and buying a handful coins a few months ago with the intention of offloading them after a short term rise without touching my original amount.

Now it's here, and this rise would've done me fine but of course I failed to get around to it, I'm wondering what everyone else's strategies are.

Do people have set price levels that they'll divest some or all either up or down from here, hold all of them until the concept of selling them becomes ludicrous or somewhere in the middle?

[...]

I would not have expected to read such stuff from a legendary user. Are you truly just buying Bitcoin out of speculative reason to divest them and hold on to fiat scam money? For me it's pretty clear, that Bitcoin is superior money. Selling Bitcoin for fiat scam money feels like the most stupid idea ever - it's like offloading gold to receive a few buckets of slurry in return.

So my plan for Bitcoin is crystal clear: HODL. Cheesy I will never sell my Bitcoin for fiat. I will use it in future to buy goods and services directly. I will use it the way it is meant to be: As a free decentralized currency.

Edit: I just realized that I replied to OP's post twice. Sorry for that. But sometimes emotions take control over memory... Smiley

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Maticul

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 05:19:18 PM

My plan is keep earning and collecting bitcoins everyday and when i have many bitcoins, i will try open a business about bitcoin using all my bitcoins that i collected.

That is a good plan. The bitcoin is still in the early stage of the development curve. It will reward patient people.
Rugtilf

Activity: 33

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 05:30:59 PM

That is a good plan. The bitcoin is still in the early stage of the development curve. It will reward patient people.

I know somebody bought quite a few bitcoin about 4 years ago. The price has risen more than 20 times since then.
Aamir1

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 05:38:33 PM

My very first target has been to have one whole bitcoin in my bitcoin wallet which i was about to complete when i cashed my money out to buy something in real world and then i had to start from over,,, so for now i'm accumulating and keeping them safe in my wallet and also sometimes trading some altcoins.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 05:42:17 PM

I'm saving my healthy btc stash and waiting to watch it increase.
I think this is probably the best idea, but I would eventually be interested in buying a miner and a warehouse in a country of cheap electricity in order to make them grow. Investments also seem a fairly good idea at this time.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 05:50:28 PM

My very first target has been to have one whole bitcoin in my bitcoin wallet which i was about to complete when i cashed my money out to buy something in real world and then i had to start from over,,, so for now i'm accumulating and keeping them safe in my wallet and also sometimes trading some altcoins.
We are same waiting for my wallet to reach 1 btc.. because i spend some of my bitcoins before in real life in my important things in my study..
Well i have some bitcoins but i need to reach even 2 btc to start my plan to have a good small business online someday.
GermanFoobla

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 08:15:58 AM

its solely for my family and future family. i'd like to buy a house and lot , if i will be fortunate enough with my bitcoins Grin that's my sole purpose if ever bitcoin will go to the moon.
I plan on holding on to it for the moment but when the price is going to reach at least $800 again then I think that I might sell some Bitcoin. 
Hope that the Bitcoin is going to rise soon again because it has been a while.
Chrismeister

Activity: 465

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 02:06:25 PM

I plan on saving my stash for the future of Bitcoin. I think that in the future the price is going to be higher then ever, I know that this is a huge gamble but have the absolute confidence in Bitcoin.
At the moment I have no plans with my stash but to hold on to them because the price at the moment is pretty low and I would never sell for this low.
I want the price to rise and then I am going to see what I am going to do.
Maticul

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 04:46:18 PM

I plan on saving my stash for the future of Bitcoin. I think that in the future the price is going to be higher then ever, I know that this is a huge gamble but have the absolute confidence in Bitcoin.
At the moment I have no plans with my stash but to hold on to them because the price at the moment is pretty low and I would never sell for this low.
I want the price to rise and then I am going to see what I am going to do.

It is better to hold on most of the coins. The price will rise in the long term. You can also use some.
susila_bai

Activity: 1260
Merit: 524

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 04:54:04 PM

My plans are very simple i use 50% of my earned bitcoins for sports and poker betting and balance i keep in my wallet and when ever i am in need to fullfill my expenses i convert them to fiat currency and full fill it as their are no shops in our country where i can buy anything through bitcoin
Aamir1

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 05:00:02 PM

We are same waiting for my wallet to reach 1 btc.. because i spend some of my bitcoins before in real life in my important things in my study..
Well i have some bitcoins but i need to reach even 2 btc to start my plan to have a good small business online someday.

My plan actually is to start trading alt coins when i reach to a good capital like above 1 bitcoin, because i know trading is the only thing that can make me good profits as i don't have any other skills to earn bitcoins with except this.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: