Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:29:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Simple Bitcoin Coin Flip 50/50 Odds Gambling Script?  (Read 610 times)
DMB (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 06:04:17 AM

Is there a simple bitcoin gambling script with 50/50 odds that involves the player gambling their desired amount of bitcoin and flipping a coin? If not, would someone be able to make one of these for me? And if so, how much would it cost? Thanks a lot!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
morantis

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 06:17:43 AM

The cost on making one of those would not be bad, but it depends on how you want to do it.  A simple site/page that says "Heads" or "Tails" would be pretty easy, while a little more graphics would get harder and so on and so on.
morantis

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 06:24:16 AM

Now, for you, here's the problem.  Gambling is effective for the "house" because the odds are slightly in their favor.  For every dollar they take in, they pay out say 97 cents.  That is created by the way the games are set up.  Blackjack, for example, forces the player to make their choices prior to the dealer.  That means that the odds are that the player will bust before the dealer even touches a card. 

Gambling on a coin flip cannot work this way.  It is a 50/50 shot on every flip.  You will not make money this way and will eventually lose your bank.  The only other option is to rig the game slightly in favor of the house, and that is cheating the players.
morantis

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 06:35:14 AM

One final thought before I get some sleep.  Let's say that you set up a completely fair coin flip and backed it with a page of ads or rotators, whatever.  You would have to hope that a week does not go by that no one hits the ads, or even more time.  The same is true for working some added function into the game, like the chance to "double up".  A player could double up after a win and have another flip.  That would increase the odds of a loss on the player side and bring some more cash to you, but if no one hits that option for a period of time, you are back to even odds and the possibility to lose your money.

If you do this, you will need to back it with some form of income, like ads.  At the same time you will need a good chunk of change to make sure it stays alive.  We have a project under works that you may be interested in and you could get in for a some investment.  We are working out the coding and the tech, but it should be up and running within a short period of time.  Let me know if you are interested.
DMB (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 06:38:04 AM
Last edit: February 09, 2016, 01:49:39 PM by DMB

One final thought before I get some sleep.  Let's say that you set up a completely fair coin flip and backed it with a page of ads or rotators, whatever.  You would have to hope that a week does not go by that no one hits the ads, or even more time.  The same is true when a bitcoin investing site has some added function into the investment, like the chance to invest all their bitcoins "double up".  A investor could double up his bitcoin investment after a previous investment and have another chance to invest it all.  That would increase the odds of an investment on the investor's side and bring some more cash to you investment, but if no one hits that option for a period of time, you are back to even investments and the possibility to lose your original bitcoin investment.

If you do this, you will need to back it with some form of income, like ads.  At the same time you will need a good chunk of change to make sure the original bitcoin investment stays alive.  We have a project under works that you may be interested in and you could get in for a nice bitcoin investment.  We are working out the coding and the tech, but it should be up and running within a short period of time.  Let me know if you are interested in investing with some bitcoin.

Hey thanks a lot man for racking your brain for me, I really appreciate all the input, advice, and knowledge. Yes, I'm definitely interested! Tell me more after you get some sleep or whenever you have the chance! Thanks a bunch!
morantis

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 06:44:20 AM

Ok, send me a PM for the info on our project.  This is the final thought before sleep, lol.  A trick that some faucets use to keep from going broke is to set a minimum payout.  The player cannot take out their funds until they reach X BTC.  This means that they deposit money, play and if they win they have to keep playing to hit that minimum payout.  They will usually lose before hitting that point or give up and never come back.  Either way, the deposited funds are yours.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: